Anyone have a 2015.5 KTM 450 SXF Factory Edition?

berniepiet
1/15/2017 8:42pm
Looking at buying one. Anybody have one? What do you like/dislike?
|
mxb2
1/15/2017 8:55pm
berniepiet wrote:
I have a 16 fe 450, great bike, fast,slim light. I put a stiffer rear spring, set sag, SX,150 cage, removed insert. Set map, changed bars, added holeshot device and p3 cf skid plate. And plastics with my # on it. Awesome bike, depends what you are coming off of.
greg570
1/15/2017 10:24pm
berniepiet wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I have a 16 fe 450, great bike, fast,slim light. I put a stiffer rear spring, set sag, SX,150 cage, removed insert. Set map, changed bars...
I have a 16 fe 450, great bike, fast,slim light. I put a stiffer rear spring, set sag, SX,150 cage, removed insert. Set map, changed bars, added holeshot device and p3 cf skid plate. And plastics with my # on it. Awesome bike, depends what you are coming off of.
What do you mean with set map? Did you only choose map 2 or did you change TPS...install new map?
motoXracer971
1/16/2017 5:17am
I've got a 16 450 (same bike, sans the orange frame and RB graphics) and it's the best bike I've owned, hands down. There were recalls on the front wheel spokes and a fuel line, not sure if this was specific to the '16 or not, but both were replaced by the dealer, and neither were a problem before hand. A lot of ppl will bag on the 4CS forks but they aren't the worst I've ridden, although the springs were a bit soft from the factory, they can be made to work very well.

The thing is super easy to ride, IMO. It's got power everywhere, handles great, and isn't too cramped (I'm 6'3" 200lbs, intermediate). I'll put it this way, I'd NEVER have bought a KTM 5 years ago. I've always been partial to Honda's, but these new KTM/Huskies are a thing of beauty. I don't know what is coming down the pipeline with Suzuki and Yamaha, and even with the new Honda platform, I'm still set on a new KTM on the next go around too.

AND.....e-start is nice

Good luck on your choice!

The Shop

mxb2
1/16/2017 5:51am
berniepiet wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I have a 16 fe 450, great bike, fast,slim light. I put a stiffer rear spring, set sag, SX,150 cage, removed insert. Set map, changed bars...
greg570 wrote:
What do you mean with set map? Did you only choose map 2 or did you change TPS...install new map?
Map on the bar,and by airbox. I haven't touched TPS yet. And I use good fuel.
mxb2
1/16/2017 9:11am
berniepiet wrote:
Thx for the input folks!
And the akro can is strong and smooth good top end. Fmf more bark low, mid,. Depends what power you like.
berniepiet
1/16/2017 9:25am
berniepiet wrote:
Thx for the input folks!
mxb2 wrote:
And the akro can is strong and smooth good top end. Fmf more bark low, mid,. Depends what power you like.
This one has a full Pro Circuit system on it. Not sure how this affects delivery. Also has the latest Reckluse clutch, Core EXP? Suspension was done by Factory Connection. He is about 40lbs lighter than I am, so i am sure I will need springs, unless he has the stockers.
TeamGreen
1/16/2017 9:27am
The 15.5 has a few little differences. I think it has its own radiators...stuff like that.

The reasons to get one:

Limited Production.

The little differences.

It was the 1st glimpse at the current bike.

Sometimes the 1st FE's have little things like a bracket or engine part that's obviously made in a "non-production" way and makes the bikes seem special. I think that's kinda cool.
mxb2
1/16/2017 9:34am
berniepiet wrote:
Thx for the input folks!
mxb2 wrote:
berniepiet wrote:
This one has a full Pro Circuit system on it. Not sure how this affects delivery. Also has the latest Reckluse clutch, Core EXP? Suspension was...
This one has a full Pro Circuit system on it. Not sure how this affects delivery. Also has the latest Reckluse clutch, Core EXP? Suspension was done by Factory Connection. He is about 40lbs lighter than I am, so i am sure I will need springs, unless he has the stockers.
Depends on the PC pipe, Mxa gave it good rating for the ktm. Pipes deliver different types of power, PC mostly mid, top.

Post a reply to: Anyone have a 2015.5 KTM 450 SXF Factory Edition?

The Latest