Anyone has expierence with ktm's PHSD?

Edited Date/Time 10/2/2014 9:34am
Heya,

Recently when we had a new piston installed in the ktm sx250 2013, i started to get a tingling till numb feeling from the tips of 2 middle fingers of my right hand till my wrist, like no feeling at all. That was already after 2 laps.. might have something to do with a fresh piston making the bike vibrate more?

Now we did invest in some handlebar dampening kit from the powerparts catalogue but havent ridden with them so far. Anyone has any expierence with them?

|
domoguchi
10/1/2014 2:55pm
Yeah I have them on my KTM and think they are the Mutts Nutts , the Doggs Dangles, The cats Ass.....good stuff .....God damn KTM bout buzz's the piss straight out of a guy...
10/1/2014 3:00pm
I have the system and like it a lot.
The guys I know that suggested it also had me go immediately to the "green" rubbers or whatever they are called.
They are a bit softer.
domoguchi
10/1/2014 3:05pm
I found the clear work best for me but I'm on the gas hard most times....

The Shop

Kawaboy14
10/1/2014 3:10pm
If it's anything like ADHD your kid will need to see a doctor
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
10/1/2014 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 3:21pm
They are pretty expensive and don't you lose the ability to adjust the bars forward and back?

KTM talk has mixed reviews on them.
KTMShane699
10/1/2014 5:18pm
You don't lose adjustability. And they do absorb a lot of vibration. I think they're money well spent. I have a set on my bike as do most other guys I ride with that have KTM's.

I use the stock rubbers that come with the bar mounts.

Shane
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/1/2014 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 5:40pm
I ran a set on my 450 for a couple months, before I bought the NEKEN Air Clamps. The PHDS bar clamps helped a bunch with vibration, but not so much with Arm Pump or square edges. They need to be properly torqued to get them to work correctly, read the specs... Another thing that I should say is that they dug "grooves" in my bars where they are allowed to hit the bars when moving around. I was hoping for more when I bought them and I have a bad wrist, so I bit the bullet and bought the NEKEN clamps instead. Very happy with the clamps, but they aren't cheap.

The PHDS bar clamps are adjustable, just like the stock bar mounts-

Ashleymx
10/1/2014 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 6:33pm
Had them on my last two KTMs. Love them. Actually had the one set I took over to the new bike. Very well engineered piece of equipment but kinda expensive. Also its PHDS.
10/1/2014 7:06pm
I agree what langhammx, i ride mx and tried all of the elastoners available, to me their a waste of $$$.Imo, your better off with RG3 top 4 post rubber mounted clamp, or either of the RIDE ENGINEERING,or APPLIED clamps.
10/2/2014 1:23am
I had them on all my KTM's from 09-13, great stuff. Been thinking about getting Xtrig triple clamps for the Honda just to run those barmounts again.
10/2/2014 2:36am
What the fuck????????????!!!!! You put a new piston in your bike and vibrates so bad your hand goes numb!! So you fix that by spending money on a handlebar damper system?? What happens when you put a new set of billet hub wheels that are out-a-round and it handles like a wheel barrow? Buy some A-kit? Take the thing apart and check you put it in the right direction first and piston to bore clearance is within specs. cant believe someone hasn't already told you so.
10/2/2014 3:41am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2014 3:51am
What the fuck????????????!!!!! You put a new piston in your bike and vibrates so bad your hand goes numb!! So you fix that by spending money...
What the fuck????????????!!!!! You put a new piston in your bike and vibrates so bad your hand goes numb!! So you fix that by spending money on a handlebar damper system?? What happens when you put a new set of billet hub wheels that are out-a-round and it handles like a wheel barrow? Buy some A-kit? Take the thing apart and check you put it in the right direction first and piston to bore clearance is within specs. cant believe someone hasn't already told you so.
Yeah, i believe with the old worn out piston the bike vibrated less and didnt give me any numb feeling, as i got used to the bike and started to ride it harder combined with new piston i really think that is causing the extra vibration to get my hand numb.

Spoke to 3-4 ktm dealers and they advised to take the yellow ones (stock) as our tracks are lower speed with deeper holes rather then just braking bumps.

And the piston was put in by a good friend, also a lifelong 2stroke mechanic who put everything in according to specs and double checked everything Smile
10/2/2014 7:48am
You wasted your money, they don't do shit!!!! Seriously don't get how all these guys on here think so highly of them, you wont notice a thing.
O___o
10/2/2014 7:53am
the reason your bike vibrates more now than it did before the engine rebuild is because you tightened your motor mounts out of sequence or torqued them incorrectly. But I'm just going to go sip tea with Kermit.
KGAspeed
10/2/2014 7:55am
langhammx wrote:
I ran a set on my 450 for a couple months, before I bought the NEKEN Air Clamps. The PHDS bar clamps helped a bunch with...
I ran a set on my 450 for a couple months, before I bought the NEKEN Air Clamps. The PHDS bar clamps helped a bunch with vibration, but not so much with Arm Pump or square edges. They need to be properly torqued to get them to work correctly, read the specs... Another thing that I should say is that they dug "grooves" in my bars where they are allowed to hit the bars when moving around. I was hoping for more when I bought them and I have a bad wrist, so I bit the bullet and bought the NEKEN clamps instead. Very happy with the clamps, but they aren't cheap.

The PHDS bar clamps are adjustable, just like the stock bar mounts-

Haven't you tried Flexx Handlebars? They help a ton in the "wrist-problems" department.
MXBREWSKI
10/2/2014 9:34am
I have used the flex bars and think they are great, but very heavy. On my new bike I put these on http://www.precision-rp.com/shockvibe.htm

They work great also, but you may have to get used to them like flex bars because of the handlebar flex/movement.

Post a reply to: Anyone has expierence with ktm's PHSD?

The Latest