Anyone else think Bailey was out of line?

russerbe
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:39am
His comments about Short, IT9, and Millsaps should be embarassed that they were getting beat by Tommy Hahn? Ivan ended up passing him and almost got the overall, Short did fairly well. I didn't see where Millsaps finished. Short and Ivan finished 2nd and 3rd for the season. Millsaps has been riding injured all season. Cut him some slack. He had nothing else to say about any other factory rider that Hahn was beating. I like Hahn and I'm glad he's had some good finishes this year and ended up with an overall, but to say that because he was ahead of the factory guys for one moto was a bit over the top and ignorant of him to say. Anyone else feel the same?
|
Brent
9/7/2009 12:06pm
Honda is supposed to be where the best of the best ride - or at least back when DB rode for them they were.

OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
9/7/2009 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:01am
Nope, I think Bailey called it just right.

Tommy Hahn was on Factory Honda a few years ago (250F). The factory teams do not like cutting riders off the team, then those same riders coming back and beating all of their riders, it makes them look bad.

Also Honda is not used to getting "worked over" like they have been the last few years. Shocked
Wandell
9/7/2009 12:14pm
I've always been a Bailey fan, but I thought that was out of line also. I had to rewind it and make sure I heard it right. He went a little too far saying that IT9, AS29 and DM18 should "be ashamed" and it was "a sorry effort".
perumx
9/7/2009 12:15pm

Wish we could bring back the good ole days of factory bikes.

The Shop

Rupert X
9/7/2009 12:28pm

I love the realism that Mr. Bailey provides. I don't always agree with Sir David, but I

always respect that he's not afraid to say what is on his mind..

We need more of that.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
9/7/2009 12:28pm
Even as a huge Tedesco fan, I didn't see it as out of line. You could tell he realized it came out wrong afterwards, and also gave props later in the moto. It's his analysis, and not being scared to state things like this that make me like having DB in the booth. Similar to what another journalist says, sometimes the truth hurts; and usually if someone will say something like that making you look bad, it is because they have higher expectations for you... Rather than cutting them down, I more see it as him saying they should be doing better than they were.

We all can have our own interpretations, or can choose to like it or not, but it's refreshing having someone in the booth that can keep conversation rolling and entice people to think and/or care about what they are saying. Without a bit of controversy and/or personality being tagged onto the riders, it doesn't give fans who don't know MX as intimately as us to latch onto.

I say good job to DB. I know of a rider from the 90's that didn't care for what a few TV announcers had to say about them, but it motivated them to get their ass in gear a bit more.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
9/7/2009 12:29pm
Rupert X wrote:
I love the realism that Mr. Bailey provides. I don't always agree with Sir David, but I always respect that he's not afraid to say what...

I love the realism that Mr. Bailey provides. I don't always agree with Sir David, but I

We need more of that.
And you post while I do, take an 1/8 the time, say what I was going to say in 1/3 of the words, and make twice as much sense. I guess at least it provides a math lesson.
SCYRacing
9/7/2009 12:31pm
Rupert X wrote:
I love the realism that Mr. Bailey provides. I don't always agree with Sir David, but I always respect that he's not afraid to say what...

We need more of that.
x2
Rupert X
9/7/2009 12:32pm
Rupert X wrote:

We need more of that.
And you post while I do, take an 1/8 the time, say what I was going to say in 1/3 of the words, and make twice...
And you post while I do, take an 1/8 the time, say what I was going to say in 1/3 of the words, and make twice as much sense. I guess at least it provides a math lesson.

And WHEN did you move to PHX ?

I don't recall approving any transfer request....

Belated congrats on the job, Chris.
wreckitrandy
9/7/2009 12:32pm
If it were an isolated incident of a priviteer beating them then maybe I could see your point. I don't consider his comment a slam on Hahn at all though. I'm not sure of any of those riders situations but, I'm a big fan of Short and I'm disturbed by his finishes. I'm certain that in Bailey's time, had he been beaten by someone old enough to be a grandfather, on a more or less stock bike, he would have been,,,,,,, unhappy. So, in my opinion, not at all out of line.
Clutchy
9/7/2009 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:01am
Actually I thought He was being nice...... I'm pretty much done with the whole I'm sick, Everyone is sick now, unfugging believable. You never used to here guys using being sick as an excuse. And now its so common place that the broadcasters do it for them, making reference to them being sick...WTF.

I would of liked to hear Bailey make the comment sooner. They should be embarressed, most of the factory boys have been getting dusted by kids and guys on inferior equipment. I mean are you kidding me, there have been times where the winner says " I would of won by more but i'm sick "..

And of course they got 2 and 3 the top 4 riders were out and half the kids showed up half way through the season.

I'm honestly not talking about anyone in particular, but the trend to always have something to blame for mediocrity.
flarider
9/7/2009 12:43pm
This is the kind of shit I find funny about this place and many of you.

You say you want people in the industry to be more upfront and honest, rather than being wishy-washy or silent on things, and when someone speaks their mind, you give him shit for it.

The Rock
9/7/2009 12:46pm
Even as a huge Tedesco fan, I didn't see it as out of line. You could tell he realized it came out wrong afterwards, and also...
Even as a huge Tedesco fan, I didn't see it as out of line. You could tell he realized it came out wrong afterwards, and also gave props later in the moto. It's his analysis, and not being scared to state things like this that make me like having DB in the booth. Similar to what another journalist says, sometimes the truth hurts; and usually if someone will say something like that making you look bad, it is because they have higher expectations for you... Rather than cutting them down, I more see it as him saying they should be doing better than they were.

We all can have our own interpretations, or can choose to like it or not, but it's refreshing having someone in the booth that can keep conversation rolling and entice people to think and/or care about what they are saying. Without a bit of controversy and/or personality being tagged onto the riders, it doesn't give fans who don't know MX as intimately as us to latch onto.

I say good job to DB. I know of a rider from the 90's that didn't care for what a few TV announcers had to say about them, but it motivated them to get their ass in gear a bit more.
Couldn't agree more with you.
Clutchy
9/7/2009 12:46pm
flarider wrote:
This is the kind of shit I find funny about this place and many of you. You say you want people in the industry to be...

You say you want people in the industry to be more upfront and honest, rather than being wishy-washy or silent on things, and when someone speaks their mind, you give him shit for it.

x2
BobbyM
9/7/2009 12:48pm
russerbe wrote:
His comments about Short, IT9, and Millsaps should be embarassed that they were getting beat by Tommy Hahn? Ivan ended up passing him and almost got...
His comments about Short, IT9, and Millsaps should be embarassed that they were getting beat by Tommy Hahn? Ivan ended up passing him and almost got the overall, Short did fairly well. I didn't see where Millsaps finished. Short and Ivan finished 2nd and 3rd for the season. Millsaps has been riding injured all season. Cut him some slack. He had nothing else to say about any other factory rider that Hahn was beating. I like Hahn and I'm glad he's had some good finishes this year and ended up with an overall, but to say that because he was ahead of the factory guys for one moto was a bit over the top and ignorant of him to say. Anyone else feel the same?
i don't think so. he probably shouldn't have mentioned his neighbor kid getting all busted up imho though
Clutchy
9/7/2009 12:48pm
Why is it that most of the riders that are sick are the ones that should be and are expected to be doing better....? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
roosty
9/7/2009 12:49pm
russerbe wrote:
His comments about Short, IT9, and Millsaps should be embarassed that they were getting beat by Tommy Hahn? Ivan ended up passing him and almost got...
BobbyM wrote:
i don't think so. he probably shouldn't have mentioned his neighbor kid getting all busted up imho though
x2
Rasta88
9/7/2009 12:51pm
Even as a huge Tedesco fan, I didn't see it as out of line. You could tell he realized it came out wrong afterwards, and also...

The Rock wrote:
Couldn't agree more with you.
x2
BobbyM
9/7/2009 12:59pm
flarider wrote:
This is the kind of shit I find funny about this place and many of you. You say you want people in the industry to be...

cuz most of these twits are...well twits. hangerons to the sport itself...jackoffs in any endeavor. what makes em so is they don't realize they don't know shit and keep on thinking that they do. not knowing shit isn't a bad thing...not knowing that you don't know shit is.
russerbe
9/7/2009 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2009 1:06pm
So you guys that are defending DB actually believe that riders on a satelite team should never beat a factory rider? Seriously? If that is the case, why even bother having anything other than a factory team? Do you also believe that every lites class factory rider 2 years ago should have been ashamed of themselves for the whole sx season because jlaw who was not on a factory team, beat them? What about when a Pro Circuit rider wins? They aren't a factory team. I always have thought that was the whole purpose of racing, that you never knew who was going to win until the checkered flag drops.
KAWboy14
9/7/2009 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2009 1:07pm
didnt tommy hahn #48 on a privateer bike just beat the whole factory honda team?
Wandell
9/7/2009 1:08pm
The reason I didnt' like the comment is because he directed it at Team Red Bull Honda and all three have had issues this year that they have struggled through.
KAWboy14
9/7/2009 1:10pm
Wandell wrote:
The reason I didnt' like the comment is because he directed it at Team Red Bull Honda and all three have had issues this year that...
The reason I didnt' like the comment is because he directed it at Team Red Bull Honda and all three have had issues this year that they have struggled through.
they all got beat like school girls!

bailey was spot on and when the new lights guys enter the 450's next year those guys might not even make the top 10!
croom mx
9/7/2009 1:10pm
Nah, Davey likes to tell it like it is. Not everyone will agree but thats OK.
ddog558
9/7/2009 1:16pm
Bailey nailed it, and good on him for speaking his mind.

If you think Bailey's comment was vicious, lets hear from the Hurricane on the subject..........
croom mx
9/7/2009 1:21pm
ddog558 wrote:
Bailey nailed it, and good on him for speaking his mind.

If you think Bailey's comment was vicious, lets hear from the Hurricane on the subject..........
I like David Bailey because he does not try to be Politically Correct!
raddad
9/7/2009 1:26pm
russerbe wrote:
So you guys that are defending DB actually believe that riders on a satelite team should never beat a factory rider? Seriously? If that is the...
So you guys that are defending DB actually believe that riders on a satelite team should never beat a factory rider? Seriously? If that is the case, why even bother having anything other than a factory team? Do you also believe that every lites class factory rider 2 years ago should have been ashamed of themselves for the whole sx season because jlaw who was not on a factory team, beat them? What about when a Pro Circuit rider wins? They aren't a factory team. I always have thought that was the whole purpose of racing, that you never knew who was going to win until the checkered flag drops.
you have a point there..
perumx
9/7/2009 1:28pm
Im just hypnotized by ddog558's bikini girl
croom mx
9/7/2009 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2009 1:36pm
perumx wrote:
Im just hypnotized by ddog558's bikini girl
Yeah that's nice. Who is this babe? Peru you dirty old man!

Post a reply to: Anyone else think Bailey was out of line?

The Latest