Anyone Watch the Vanilla Ice Project?

machine
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 2:42pm
It's a pretty good show. The guys got some serious talent on renovations. He wears MX hats and shirts on the show, makes me wonder if they pay him to wear the stuff. Watching it now and he is wearing a Pro Circuit shirt ans 100% hat. Dude does nice work on high end homes.
|
woodsryder
Fantasy
3295th
10/24/2015 6:45pm
I have a feeling Rob is just a front man. I doubt he really does much of the work, nor is it much, if any of his money. Just my opinion.
moto0852
10/24/2015 6:52pm
woodsryder wrote:
I have a feeling Rob is just a front man. I doubt he really does much of the work, nor is it much, if any of...
I have a feeling Rob is just a front man. I doubt he really does much of the work, nor is it much, if any of his money. Just my opinion.

woodsryder
Fantasy
3295th
10/24/2015 6:55pm
woodsryder wrote:
I have a feeling Rob is just a front man. I doubt he really does much of the work, nor is it much, if any of...
moto0852 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/24/108907/s1200_6e4954e93145cbad770c81f13e216afe.jpg[/img]

Not trying to be a downer by no means. Have you watched the show? It just seems that the crew does all the work, then Rob comes in and does the final touches for the camera. I may be totally off base, but it just seems that way.
slipdog
10/24/2015 7:00pm
woodsryder wrote:
Not trying to be a downer by no means. Have you watched the show? It just seems that the crew does all the work, then Rob...
Not trying to be a downer by no means. Have you watched the show? It just seems that the crew does all the work, then Rob comes in and does the final touches for the camera. I may be totally off base, but it just seems that way.
So he's a general contractor?

The Shop

machine
10/24/2015 7:02pm
woodsryder wrote:
Not trying to be a downer by no means. Have you watched the show? It just seems that the crew does all the work, then Rob...
slipdog wrote:
So he's a general contractor?
Yes, he is also a licensed real estate agent and buys and sells the homes. All the renos are his vision and ideas, I believe.
machine
10/24/2015 7:16pm
Everyone knows about that dude, it was a misunderstanding, he doesn't need the money...damn Debbie...

kongols
10/24/2015 8:55pm
I remember thread here on Vital MX when that happened. LMFAO. This place is the worst when some un-holy thing happens.LaughingLaughingLaughing
moto0852
10/24/2015 10:09pm
woodsryder wrote:
I think this gives a little insight on the whole thing:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959202/Vanilla-Ice-arrested-st…
kongols wrote:
Whenever people put a link to DailyMail to prove their point, I instantly know they`re full of shit.
woodsryder wrote:
So the incident that is described in the article didn't happen?
No. It actually didn't. It got dismissed. But...you knew that right?
Dim wit.
RutDipper
10/25/2015 12:38am
I work for a real estate investor. Mr. Ice is doing it big and right!

Smart man & investor who knows how to make a buck or mil....
10/25/2015 3:30am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2015 3:32am
woodsryder wrote:
I think this gives a little insight on the whole thing:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959202/Vanilla-Ice-arrested-st…
Was waiting for that one.
Wes Cain was on that show. (You know the tatted up ax and Loretta Lynn announcer)

Of course wes owned a concrete pouring business before he went full bore into mx announcing.
FolkLoar
10/25/2015 6:08am
Back in the late 90s when Ice was doing his rap/metal thing for a minute, he had a show in Winston Salem, NC. I guess he wanted to get some moto in before the show and contacted the shop I rode for at the time which also had a track behind it. A few of us got to ride with him and he gave us tickets to his show that night. Cool guy, loves moto, and has ridden most of his life. I believe he was on a CR250 if memory is correct.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/25/2015 6:15am
I have rode with him many times. He was an A rider actually and not afraid to whip it over the triple although he had to tone it down because he had shows he was contracted for and couldn't get hurt. The guy is a great businessman actually and know's how to make money. I miss Wes Kain announcing at Thundercross. There would be hundreds of bikes there and like 3 or 4 quads and he would say" Are you ready!? It's what you all came to see, it's what you all have been waiting for... Are you ready for QUAD WAAAAARRSSSS?!!!"
Oh good times.
machine
10/25/2015 6:24am
FLmxer wrote:
I have rode with him many times. He was an A rider actually and not afraid to whip it over the triple although he had to...
I have rode with him many times. He was an A rider actually and not afraid to whip it over the triple although he had to tone it down because he had shows he was contracted for and couldn't get hurt. The guy is a great businessman actually and know's how to make money. I miss Wes Kain announcing at Thundercross. There would be hundreds of bikes there and like 3 or 4 quads and he would say" Are you ready!? It's what you all came to see, it's what you all have been waiting for... Are you ready for QUAD WAAAAARRSSSS?!!!"
Oh good times.
Haha,,nice..i'm assuming QUAD WARRRS!..is in that Monster truck kinda voice. He's an intelligent dude, no doubt. Pulled himself up by his boot strings and got out of heroine addiction and suicide attempt to be where he is now, a true success story.
JB 19
10/25/2015 9:01am
I do some residential real estate on a much smaller scale, but from watching the show I can tell that Rob knows what he is doing. He isn't just a face in front of the camera. It's actually one of the better real estate shows. They throw some drama in, but the producers probably demand it for tv.
Cygnus
10/25/2015 9:31am
The guys was kinda funny when he went Amish.
JoJmoto
10/25/2015 1:44pm
FLmxer wrote:
I have rode with him many times. He was an A rider actually and not afraid to whip it over the triple although he had to...
Oh good times.
Back in the late 90's if I remember right, I raced with him at the track that was in Davie Florida. At the time, I knew he raced in his youth and made it to the ranch but I did not care for who he became... at all! I had no use for him.

Then he started back racing, he pulled up in his Kawasaki box van, I think he used it to race wave runners.. pulled out a Honda and raced. I saw him many times there, never spoke with him due to not having a use for him. But I began to notice how great he was with all the mini kids. Eventually, he approached me and began shooting the shit.. turns out he wasn't so bad after all. Much respect for him now after sitting back and watching who he truly was as a person.
JB 19
10/25/2015 1:52pm
FLmxer wrote:
Oh good times.
JoJmoto wrote:
Back in the late 90's if I remember right, I raced with him at the track that was in Davie Florida. At the time, I knew...
Back in the late 90's if I remember right, I raced with him at the track that was in Davie Florida. At the time, I knew he raced in his youth and made it to the ranch but I did not care for who he became... at all! I had no use for him.

Then he started back racing, he pulled up in his Kawasaki box van, I think he used it to race wave runners.. pulled out a Honda and raced. I saw him many times there, never spoke with him due to not having a use for him. But I began to notice how great he was with all the mini kids. Eventually, he approached me and began shooting the shit.. turns out he wasn't so bad after all. Much respect for him now after sitting back and watching who he truly was as a person.
I bet he was devastated that you didn't have a "use" for him.
JoJmoto
10/25/2015 4:37pm
JB 19 wrote:
I bet he was devastated that you didn't have a "use" for him.
Well duh... why do you think he came and spoke with me..
PJ205
10/25/2015 5:15pm
You didn't have a "use" for him? So you basically only try to keep people around that benefit you in some way?
10/25/2015 5:28pm
My buddy is a cap in PA....said they stopped his limo one night for speeding. When they saw who it was they BSed for a minute and got some pics with him. Said he was cool as hell

Didn't he race 250B at Lorettas back in the 90's and do fairly well? Im thinking 11th?
mb60
10/25/2015 5:40pm
I raced with him in the 125 Int class back Texas in 1985. I did not have a use for him either but he was a cool dude. LOL

Good for him and his music success and his T.V gig. Neat to see him keep his racing roots alive today.
Trav138
10/25/2015 6:07pm
I don't have a "use" for him also, but i liked him in "Thats My Boy".
His tv show is entertaining also
10/25/2015 6:25pm
One episode he busted out a kx450 and they were jumping it on a make shift track at one of his homes

Post a reply to: Anyone Watch the Vanilla Ice Project?

The Latest