Anyone Have Vid of Cinqmars Doing Those Huge DoubleDoubles?

akillerwombat
11/30/2016 10:57am
Was there ever any final determination on the cause of Mike Cinqmar's death? Did he do much riding after he broke his back, even if he...
Was there ever any final determination on the cause of Mike Cinqmar's death? Did he do much riding after he broke his back, even if he couldn't do the massive jumps anymore?
I thought it was an overdose.

Miss watching that dude ride.
Skidaddle
11/30/2016 12:57pm
The big doubles were at Sunrise, or Racetown 395 or whatever its called now north of Adelanto.

They were on the north end of track, right off the highway. In person they were massive. Like I said prior, not far apart but very tall. It was Healey or Wild Willie Surratt or someone from that era I saw jump them.
On a Suzuki. And I think back then, Suzuki had their test track there also.

flymoto
11/30/2016 1:22pm
Was there ever any final determination on the cause of Mike Cinqmar's death? Did he do much riding after he broke his back, even if he...
Was there ever any final determination on the cause of Mike Cinqmar's death? Did he do much riding after he broke his back, even if he couldn't do the massive jumps anymore?
I thought it was an overdose.

Miss watching that dude ride.
I don't think the caused his death was ever released officially, but from info that's out there I think you are right. It's a shame, them doubles were more than likely the main reason for his death. Never the same after that.

Some of the old footage is cool, the beach jump, off the boat and jetty was nuts. Even now just got to look and think wow. Th house jump is rad too. He was a true pioneer of fmx, just jumping huge gaps, and been super creative with it all.

Rip cinq
11/30/2016 1:46pm
I couldn't find anything whether it was a suicide or accidental overdose or contra-indicated meds. Also nothing on whether he was in pain and overdosed on pain meds or if it was depression and meds he was taking for that.

The Shop

MX45
11/30/2016 1:53pm
Cinq was (still is) one of my favorite riders.
It was a shame Unchained: The Untold Story of FMX barely even mentioned him. He was on of the OG's.
From outside looking in, and thinking back, it seems like alot of the industry turned their back on him when he was down.
flymoto
11/30/2016 2:02pm
MX45 wrote:
Cinq was (still is) one of my favorite riders. It was a shame [i]Unchained: The Untold Story of FMX[/i] barely even mentioned him. He was on...
Cinq was (still is) one of my favorite riders.
It was a shame Unchained: The Untold Story of FMX barely even mentioned him. He was on of the OG's.
From outside looking in, and thinking back, it seems like alot of the industry turned their back on him when he was down.
It seems to happen all too often. When you're of out the lime light no one cares, you just get written of, and they move on.

Post a reply to: Anyone Have Vid of Cinqmars Doing Those Huge DoubleDoubles?

The Latest