Any truth to the DM18 and Kawi deal?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 5/14/2014 2:54pm
This rumor was floating around the last couple weeks. Is it 100% false and is he staying on the KTM's? Anyone seen him riding lately?

GuyB.....anyone? Seems to be kind of quite around his camp , unless I'm missing something.
|
Mikkis
5/14/2014 11:20am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2014 11:20am
jeffro503 wrote:
This rumor was floating around the last couple weeks. Is it 100% false and is he staying on the KTM's? Anyone seen him riding lately? GuyB.....anyone...
This rumor was floating around the last couple weeks. Is it 100% false and is he staying on the KTM's? Anyone seen him riding lately?

GuyB.....anyone? Seems to be kind of quite around his camp , unless I'm missing something.
Bigger question, will he ride at Glen helen?
Panic_Rev
5/14/2014 11:24am
In 450 words on racer x they mentioned he was riding the KTM and looked big on that machine.
jndmx
5/14/2014 11:28am
jeffro503 wrote:
This rumor was floating around the last couple weeks. Is it 100% false and is he staying on the KTM's? Anyone seen him riding lately? GuyB.....anyone...

Listen to the DMXS interview with Davi from last Wednesday 5-7-14

He states that he will be on the KTM this summer and plans on being ready for GH.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
5/14/2014 11:28am
he probably wants weimers ride....

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/14/2014 11:30am
jeffro503 wrote:

Mikkis wrote:
Yes he will be racing at Glen Helen, he has been back on the bike for a bit under eight weeks or so.
MX Culture
5/14/2014 11:36am
At Houston I heard the dm18 to Kawi rumor. I'd actually like to see that happen.
hvaughn88
5/14/2014 11:36am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2014 11:40am
jndmx wrote:
Listen to the DMXS interview with Davi from last Wednesday 5-7-14 He states that he will be on the KTM this summer and plans on being...

He states that he will be on the KTM this summer and plans on being ready for GH.
I listened to it last week so I could be "misremembering" as Roger Clemens likes to say, but I don't remember him actually saying he was going to be on the KTM. I remember him saying he would be at GH, then Kevin asked him if he would be riding at GH and he said yes. But I don't recall if he actually said he would be on the KTM. It was really weird and DM didn't really seem like he wanted to talk about it much.

Edit: just read the article on racerx and it says DM was on his KTM and testing at GH. I swear, this sport is so damn confusing sometimes. These teams act like they are on the verge of reverse engineering an atomic bomb with the secrecy.
jeffro503
5/14/2014 11:52am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2014 11:53am
Thanks for the heads up guys. I haven't listened to any of the DMXS or pulp shows in quite some time and hadn't really heard much of anything on here.....so just wanted to ask. " I hope " we get to see Davi ride that thing as well as we did the Suzuki. I know that's asking a lot......but damn I'm hoping anyways. Would really like to see what he could do next year in SX if he can have 1 year of great health under his belt.
Mikkis
5/14/2014 11:54am
jeffro503 wrote:

Mikkis wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Yes he will be racing at Glen Helen, he has been back on the bike for a bit under eight weeks or so.
Well, That's a relief.Smile
jndmx
5/14/2014 12:00pm
jndmx wrote:
Listen to the DMXS interview with Davi from last Wednesday 5-7-14 He states that he will be on the KTM this summer and plans on being...

hvaughn88 wrote:
I listened to it last week so I could be "misremembering" as Roger Clemens likes to say, but I don't remember him actually saying he was...
I listened to it last week so I could be "misremembering" as Roger Clemens likes to say, but I don't remember him actually saying he was going to be on the KTM. I remember him saying he would be at GH, then Kevin asked him if he would be riding at GH and he said yes. But I don't recall if he actually said he would be on the KTM. It was really weird and DM didn't really seem like he wanted to talk about it much.

Edit: just read the article on racerx and it says DM was on his KTM and testing at GH. I swear, this sport is so damn confusing sometimes. These teams act like they are on the verge of reverse engineering an atomic bomb with the secrecy.
Yeah he did say he would be on the KTM but he said it sort of emphasizing that is would be for "the summer"....like maybe after the summer things would change.

He definitely didn't seem to interested in a big discussion about it.
Since his contract is up after that who knows.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/14/2014 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2014 12:01pm
Whenever these rumors kick up, I don't understand why people think the change is going to happen in the middle of the year and in the middle of a contract. It could be that Davi is going to Kawi, as well racing his KTM this summer. That makes a lot more sense than Davi walked his Rockstar contract to go to a team that is already full.
hvaughn88
5/14/2014 12:05pm
jndmx wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
I listened to it last week so I could be "misremembering" as Roger Clemens likes to say, but I don't remember him actually saying he was...

jndmx wrote:
Yeah he did say he would be on the KTM but he said it sort of emphasizing that is would be for "the summer"....like maybe after...
Yeah he did say he would be on the KTM but he said it sort of emphasizing that is would be for "the summer"....like maybe after the summer things would change.

He definitely didn't seem to interested in a big discussion about it.
Since his contract is up after that who knows.
Gotcha, thanks for setting it straight with the info.
hvaughn88
5/14/2014 12:06pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Whenever these rumors kick up, I don't understand why people think the change is going to happen in the middle of the year and in the...
Whenever these rumors kick up, I don't understand why people think the change is going to happen in the middle of the year and in the middle of a contract. It could be that Davi is going to Kawi, as well racing his KTM this summer. That makes a lot more sense than Davi walked his Rockstar contract to go to a team that is already full.
I usually think it's ridiculous, as well. I just didn't think it was that far fetched in this instance since there has been additional rumors about him being able to opt out of his contract if they switched to a brand besides Suzuki.
IWreckALot
5/14/2014 12:27pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Whenever these rumors kick up, I don't understand why people think the change is going to happen in the middle of the year and in the...
I think the reason people question it is because there was a rumor that Davi had an opt out clause in his contract if they changed manufacturers.
IWreckALot
5/14/2014 12:31pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up guys. I haven't listened to any of the DMXS or pulp shows in quite some time and hadn't really heard much...
Thanks for the heads up guys. I haven't listened to any of the DMXS or pulp shows in quite some time and hadn't really heard much of anything on here.....so just wanted to ask. " I hope " we get to see Davi ride that thing as well as we did the Suzuki. I know that's asking a lot......but damn I'm hoping anyways. Would really like to see what he could do next year in SX if he can have 1 year of great health under his belt.
I'm hoping he can make it through the outdoors healthy. He credited his SX success last season to having a healthy off season and a lot of good training. Since he is coming off an injury again, I expect he'll do what he can outdoors but I want him to be healthy when it's over and hopefully he'll have another good off season.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/14/2014 12:34pm
GrapeApe wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I think the reason people question it is because there was a rumor that Davi had an opt out clause in his contract if they changed...
I think the reason people question it is because there was a rumor that Davi had an opt out clause in his contract if they changed manufacturers.
Ah, a rumor substantiated by another rumor. Got it.
IWreckALot
5/14/2014 1:35pm
GrapeApe wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I think the reason people question it is because there was a rumor that Davi had an opt out clause in his contract if they changed...
GrapeApe wrote:
Without the contract in front of me it's difficult to argue based on facts. All 99% of us have is just speculation and hearsay. Not saying you're wrong.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/14/2014 1:40pm
IWreckALot wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Without the contract in front of me it's difficult to argue based on facts. All 99% of us have is just speculation and hearsay. Not saying...
Without the contract in front of me it's difficult to argue based on facts. All 99% of us have is just speculation and hearsay. Not saying you're wrong.
And I'm not saying I'm right, I have no clue. It's just interesting to me how quick some are (not saying you) to take as gospel certain unsubstantiated rumors that are totally contrary to common sense.
mjskier
5/14/2014 2:54pm
Panic_Rev wrote:
In 450 words on racer x they mentioned he was riding the KTM and looked big on that machine.
Davi looks big on any machine.

Post a reply to: Any truth to the DM18 and Kawi deal?

The Latest