Any folks around springfield missouri?

gaines1016
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2014 7:23am
Possibly relocating to the area from northern Iowa. Curious about the riding situation down there. Preference leans towards moto tracks. Any tracks in the area or possibly a cycle club? I am 32 and unskilled on a dirt bike along with being out of shapeSmile . I have a road racing background but the expenses vs actual track time made me consider dirt bikes. First dirt bike ride was at 30 so I progress very slowly being an adult with a job and all. Much less a risk taker these days. Anyways, curious to here about the riding scene in these parts and look forward to hopefully meeting some locals and picking up some new friends.
|
jbracer247
12/31/2013 6:29am
Awesome trail riding in the mark twain national forest in chadwick. Just south of Springfield. Sorry I can't be of more help I'm from Wichita ks. We camp in chadwick every thanksgiving and ride for four days. Just don't forget your skid plate. There is a little bit of dirt with the rocks lol.
crusher773
12/31/2013 6:51am
I went to school there and have a buddy that has a track down there. Nothing in the immediate area really but with in an hour you have 2 or 3 tracks. A lot of them down in that area have shut down the last few years.
davistld01
12/31/2013 7:34am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 7:35am
What they said. Chadwick provides lots of riding area...trails, hills, some pseudo-tracks. Lots of fun to play ride there, but there are not bonifide mx tracks in the city limits. Several have closed simply because of the economy. Let me do some investigating and I'll post back.

Nice place to live...just not wonderful for dirt bike riding.
12/31/2013 8:20am
there is a track in carthage.

Is that soggy bottom place down there?

You are not very far from Oklahoma too!

The Shop

mxnut23
12/31/2013 8:49am
Lake of the ozarks about 1 1/2 north has a moto track along with trails to ride. I heard there was track in Lebanon. Which is 45 minutes north. Carthage does have a moto track. Is Possum Hollow still in operation? There is a track not too far up highway 65 from Springfield to the north. I think he's opening a different track that direction as well.
Riz840
12/31/2013 9:13am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 9:30am
Missouri is struggling in the track area over the last few years.

http://mxtrackguide.com/motocross-tracks-missouri

My bro crosses the Missouri/ Arkansas border and does a lot of trail riding just south of Branson.
Chadwick is super rocky but good trails.
Buy yourself a paddle tire and head to Little Sahara in Waynoka OK. especially easter weekend, you wont be disappointed

I do know the freestyle movement is growing there so if you like ramps ask around at the bike shops

Heres other riding with a drive.

Mark Twain national forest south of Potosi, all you need is a permit and spark arrester from ranger station. 500,000 acres (this is where the 100 acre wood rally is) No Track/ Trails

Sky High MX near Perryville http://www.skyhighmx.com/ Track

Finger Lakes State Park North of Columbia www.mostateparks.com/park/finger-lakes-state-park‎ Track/ Trails

Sweeneys MX https://www.facebook.com/sweeney.mxtrack MX/SX tracks

St. Joe State Park http://mostateparks.com/park/st-joe-state-park Trails/ and whoop tracks

Romp MX http://site.rompmx.com/ Track

ALL MISSOURI TRACKS ARE BLUE GROOVE but Sweeneys is prob the best
racer369
12/31/2013 9:36am
Isnt there a track on Hiway 60 East of Springfield about an hour out. Kabool?
Gebken40
12/31/2013 9:44am
Not a lot of options down that way. Most of them closed... and weren't all that great to begin with.

A little ways north of Springfield in Nevada, Mo there is an awesome new track called Nebo Hill MX. They don't have a website yet but you can check them out on facebook. One of the best tracks in the state and its brand new. The dirt is great.

The next best thing is that you're a few hours closer than us in KC to Oklahoma. Sweet 16 MX in Muskogee, OK is a badass track and Reynards Raceway isn't too far either.

But as far as awesome public tracks to ride in southern Missouri.... Good luck with that! There are some private tracks down that way but you'll just have to do some research and get to know the right people.

www.mostatemx.com is the best website for Motocross in Missouri.
tk568
12/31/2013 9:53am
Check out soggy bottom mx in sparta. Its about 20-30 minutes from springfield. They have a mx track, a endurocross track, and countless miles of woods trails. They are open whenever weather allows and they are some of the nicest track owners out there. soggybottommx.comfacebook.com/SoggyBottomMxPark
crusher773
12/31/2013 10:24am
Yes Possum is still open. Carthage is very seldom open though. There is Nevada and then you can go all the way up here by KC. Cabool is about an hour east.
gaines1016
12/31/2013 1:27pm
thanks for all the info thus far guys. searching via google was very difficult because like many of you mentioned a good number of the tracks i was finding are no longer in operation.

I was going to stop into one of the dealerships to ask about riding areas but ran out of time before I had to head back to iowa this morning. I did see a commercial while sitting in the hotel that there is some arenacross race at the fairgrounds this weekend.

somebody also told me there was a really nice track near branson. I searched but all I could find is info about a single amateur national there. Is the track only open for that week/weekend and closed up the rest of the year?
12/31/2013 2:49pm
There is a new track down on 71. Called Nebo hill mx. its actually 2 tracks. There is an arenacross style track, and then an outdoor track. Soil is prime kind of a sandy clay mix. I haven't made it down there. But I've heard nothing but great things.
MOTOXR12
12/31/2013 2:54pm
Check out:
mostatemx.com
gaines1016
1/20/2014 10:12am
Thanks again everybody. It is confirmed that I am relocating so I will officially be a missourian around late february.

There is a lot of info in this thread to keep me busy until I arrive. Now I just need to find a place to live and a gym for my fat a$$ Smile I am an architect and will be looking to establish a bunch of new contacts/connections around the area as well. If anybody wants to do some bench racing or talk business and grab a beer at some point give me a shout.
huck
1/20/2014 10:26am
gaines1016 wrote:
thanks for all the info thus far guys. searching via google was very difficult because like many of you mentioned a good number of the tracks...
thanks for all the info thus far guys. searching via google was very difficult because like many of you mentioned a good number of the tracks i was finding are no longer in operation.

I was going to stop into one of the dealerships to ask about riding areas but ran out of time before I had to head back to iowa this morning. I did see a commercial while sitting in the hotel that there is some arenacross race at the fairgrounds this weekend.

somebody also told me there was a really nice track near branson. I searched but all I could find is info about a single amateur national there. Is the track only open for that week/weekend and closed up the rest of the year?
The branson track sucks. It's only opened for the week of their race. If I lived next door, I wouldn't even go out and ride it.... It used to be pretty good...
crusher773
1/20/2014 10:51am
gaines1016 wrote:
thanks for all the info thus far guys. searching via google was very difficult because like many of you mentioned a good number of the tracks...

huck wrote:
The branson track sucks. It's only opened for the week of their race. If I lived next door, I wouldn't even go out and ride it...
The branson track sucks. It's only opened for the week of their race. If I lived next door, I wouldn't even go out and ride it.... It used to be pretty good...
Thank you! Someone other than me that thinks that whole Branson track and national is just a joke. Every time I say something about it I get blasted it seems like.
huck
1/20/2014 10:54am
gaines1016 wrote:

huck wrote:
The branson track sucks. It's only opened for the week of their race. If I lived next door, I wouldn't even go out and ride it...
crusher773 wrote:
Thank you! Someone other than me that thinks that whole Branson track and national is just a joke. Every time I say something about it I...
Thank you! Someone other than me that thinks that whole Branson track and national is just a joke. Every time I say something about it I get blasted it seems like.
I used to go... I think I've been 1 time in the last 6 years...and swore I'd NEVER go back. The track is lame and it's way too expensive...and for people to say it's a "national" is even more of a joke.

I remember in the 'glory days' only the pros would jump in and out of the creek. The last year I went....there wasn't a jump in, and the jump out was about 25 feet.
jap114
1/20/2014 10:55am
In case you don't want to let your road racing vibe get away! Hallett is about an hour west of Tulsa, or probably 200~215 miles SW of Springfield.
http://www.hallettracing.net/

Back to dirt - can't help much with the mx, but as others mentioned, lots of single track stuff in NW Arkansas. As close to Colorado terrain as you can get without the 700 mile drive.
1/20/2014 5:17pm
Is Hard Knox Park in Phillipsburg still open and what about the track in Marshfield?
jbracer247
1/20/2014 5:48pm
Speaking of hallett make sure you grab a partner and race the gold rush. I attended my first one last year and will definitely be back. 1.5 miles of asphalt a motocross track and 8 miles of trails make up the 2 man 3 hour race. Great people good times.
crusher773
1/21/2014 5:50am
Is Hard Knox Park in Phillipsburg still open and what about the track in Marshfield?
I don't think either of them are. I know Marshfield hasn't around for quite a while. I don't think Phillipsburg is either.
codyc24
1/21/2014 7:23am
Gebken40 wrote:
Not a lot of options down that way. Most of them closed... and weren't all that great to begin with. A little ways north of Springfield...
Not a lot of options down that way. Most of them closed... and weren't all that great to begin with.

A little ways north of Springfield in Nevada, Mo there is an awesome new track called Nebo Hill MX. They don't have a website yet but you can check them out on facebook. One of the best tracks in the state and its brand new. The dirt is great.

The next best thing is that you're a few hours closer than us in KC to Oklahoma. Sweet 16 MX in Muskogee, OK is a badass track and Reynards Raceway isn't too far either.

But as far as awesome public tracks to ride in southern Missouri.... Good luck with that! There are some private tracks down that way but you'll just have to do some research and get to know the right people.

www.mostatemx.com is the best website for Motocross in Missouri.
^^^ exactly what this ugly kid said

Post a reply to: Any folks around springfield missouri?

The Latest