Any Toronto "Must do" Recommendations?

3/22/2011 6:39am
Make sure you have the paperwork necessary to get back in the States with you. Has anybody got Wilson covered on that issue this year?Wink
Tbteam
3/22/2011 6:50am
When you go to the Falls on Sunday, make sure you do the Maid of the Mist, and Cave of the Winds. You'll thank me later.
Deployer78
3/22/2011 6:57am
Last year in Niagara Falls we did this indoor freefall/wind tunnel thing that was awesome. It was a little pricey, but definitely worth it. Here is the link:

Niagara Freefall
3/22/2011 7:29am
Fun things to do in Toronto: watch paint dry, watch grass grow, try not to commit suicide.

The Shop

Digger437
3/22/2011 7:39am
neverwasfastenough, I was thinking the same thing! haha
3/22/2011 7:57am
unknownmxr wrote:
Fun things to do in Toronto: watch paint dry, watch grass grow, try not to commit suicide.
Not much grass to watch in Toronto...
VOODOO27
3/22/2011 7:58am
Roscoe33 wrote:
If you haven't booked a room yet try to get one in the Skydome that faces the track ( just close your window before you go...
If you haven't booked a room yet try to get one in the Skydome that faces the track ( just close your window before you go to bed)

only an American would compare starbucks to Tim Hortons, Starbucks never played hockey.

the Korean Place on Queens is a must visit it is so good and cheap the Honda reps once paid...

Hockey hall of fame is only good if you like Hockey.
We're actually staying in a room that overlooks the track, so that should be a unique experience.

I'm thinking 3 nights really isn't long enough to get a solid visit in, to take in some local cultural. I'm hoping it's not just flat out too cold to be walking around, since Toronto downtown does seem pretty cool to explore.

I'll grab a pint of Bass Ale from some pub (or 2), try to make a stop at the vintage bike shop for a shirt, check out the Marilyn Monroe art exhibit at the McMichael Gallery, and watch the press day action from my room, and get as much street time as I can, walking the hood around the Skydome.

Then again, there's always the Via Salzburg Chamber Orchestra performing Beethoven's String Quartet in c# minor Op. 131, right across the street from the 'dome. You can't go wrong with anything in a minor key...

I appreciate all of the insight as to what's available and worth checking out, up there. Thanks, again. Now, I have to piece together a battle plan to conquer it all. I'll have to map out my trip as well as Feld schedules a supercross, on race day.
VOODOO27
3/22/2011 8:02am
Make sure you have the paperwork necessary to get back in the States with you. Has anybody got Wilson covered on that issue this year?Wink
I believe so. I'm neither Scottish or Canadian, nor do I have dual citizenship in Canada, to cause a red flag to go up as I traverse the border back into the US of A.

I'm trusting in my good 'ol American passport to get me back to the promised land Smile
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
3/22/2011 8:04am
The ROM or Royal Ontario Museum is pretty cool, might be worth checking out.

Take a walk down Yonge Street and your daughter will probably love it.
Roscoe33
3/22/2011 8:06am
"Then again, there's always the Via Salzburg Chamber Orchestra performing Beethoven's String Quartet in c# minor Op. 131, right across the street from the 'dome. You can't go wrong with anything in a minor key..."

a one more thing the underground parking at Roy Thompson hall locks their gates at 3 AM...
R-acer
3/22/2011 8:06am
VOODOO27 wrote:
I'm flying out for my first visit to Toronto with my kid on Thursday, and was hoping someone would have recommendations on what's cool to do...
I'm flying out for my first visit to Toronto with my kid on Thursday, and was hoping someone would have recommendations on what's cool to do, see... great restaurants, etc. in Toronto.

Any one? Bueller?
I suggest you check out the Toronto Supercross and the Rogers Center, it's here this Saturday Tongue
VOODOO27
3/22/2011 8:24am
VOODOO27 wrote:
I'm flying out for my first visit to Toronto with my kid on Thursday, and was hoping someone would have recommendations on what's cool to do...
I'm flying out for my first visit to Toronto with my kid on Thursday, and was hoping someone would have recommendations on what's cool to do, see... great restaurants, etc. in Toronto.

Any one? Bueller?
R-acer wrote:
I suggest you check out the Toronto Supercross and the Rogers Center, it's here this Saturday Tongue
Ha!! The Rogers Centre didn't say anything about a race when I booked a nice, quiet room overlooking the stadium floor.

Supercross...??? That's where they do flips and tricks, and all the tatt'd up kids with flat bill hats and baggy, gangsta pants, flooding the message boards with their text lingo, go... right?
kardy
3/22/2011 8:48am
VOODOO27 wrote:
Ha!! The Rogers Centre didn't say anything about a race when I booked a nice, quiet room overlooking the stadium floor. Supercross...??? That's where they do...
Ha!! The Rogers Centre didn't say anything about a race when I booked a nice, quiet room overlooking the stadium floor.

Supercross...??? That's where they do flips and tricks, and all the tatt'd up kids with flat bill hats and baggy, gangsta pants, flooding the message boards with their text lingo, go... right?
What'd you spend on that room, if you don't mind me asking...?
VOODOO27
3/22/2011 9:03am
VOODOO27 wrote:
Ha!! The Rogers Centre didn't say anything about a race when I booked a nice, quiet room overlooking the stadium floor. Supercross...??? That's where they do...

kardy wrote:
What'd you spend on that room, if you don't mind me asking...?
$459 per night... I think it's they said it lowest level suite, a little more ideal for looking over the stadium floor. Not sure what they go for closer to the event, as I booked the room, last July.
kxking
Fantasy
1203rd
3/22/2011 9:26am
You can get all the way to the Eaton Center walking/ shopping underground, your daughter will love it. But from the E-C go out onto Young St. and head north, lot and lots of shooping. Its a great city to people watch and truely is safe too....
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
3/22/2011 3:12pm
Your Daugther will probably love the Eaton Center. I would say check out the Yorkdale Mall, but it's all the way in North York and if you end up there stay away from Jane and Finch unless you have a handgun..
fcr
3/22/2011 3:54pm
Been about 10 years since I have been there, fun place. The Science Museum is great. I can't remember how far away it is from where you are staying taxi distance maybe a few miles. Original Hard Rock is there. Hockey Hall of fame is great. Have a good time.
MxNate701
3/22/2011 4:09pm
Strip clubs........All Nude, All the time. Don't drink the Tim Hortons coffee, its farm fresh goat piss, stick to the Starbucks.
mag250
3/22/2011 4:28pm
MxNate701 wrote:
Strip clubs........All Nude, All the time. Don't drink the Tim Hortons coffee, its farm fresh goat piss, stick to the Starbucks.
The Landing Strip
It's located adjacent to Toronto Canada's Pearson International Airport
kardy
3/22/2011 4:40pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
$459 per night... I think it's they said it lowest level suite, a little more ideal for looking over the stadium floor. Not sure what they...
$459 per night... I think it's they said it lowest level suite, a little more ideal for looking over the stadium floor. Not sure what they go for closer to the event, as I booked the room, last July.
Holy crap. Good for you though, I've always wanted to do that but could never swallow the cost. Have fun!
VOODOO27
3/22/2011 4:54pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
$459 per night... I think it's they said it lowest level suite, a little more ideal for looking over the stadium floor. Not sure what they...
kardy wrote:
Holy crap. Good for you though, I've always wanted to do that but could never swallow the cost. Have fun!
My biz covers virtually all of the travel expenses when I make an actual business trip out of a race weekend, or I'd be saying 'holy crap', too. Now, if I could figure out how to legally write off 'shopping'.
fred53
3/22/2011 5:20pm
RexBackman wrote:
- Hockey Hall of Fame - CN Tower - Maple Leafs (hockey) are away this week as our the Raptors (NBA) - already checked. The Marlies...
- Hockey Hall of Fame

- CN Tower

- Maple Leafs (hockey) are away this week as our the Raptors (NBA) - already checked. The Marlies I think are the minor league team. Toronto FC (MLS, soccer) has a game early Sat...

- TIFF seems to be the new thing - Toronto Int'l Film Festival home - but open year round with lots of things.- http://tiff.net/tiffbelllightbox

- Tim Horton's - Canada's Starbucks Smile

- Loose Moose SX party friday Night (I think that is the place).

- Matthes will have to add what I missed ... hey I live in Seattle ...
Loose Moose sx party on friday ........ something on saturday any after race party?????
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
3/22/2011 5:22pm
Loose Moose again..

I might hit up City Nightclub or Embassy though.
N Mort
3/22/2011 6:06pm
Don't go on the US side on Niagara Falls, I live there and trust me on this one, stay on the Canadian side! lol
VOODOO27
3/22/2011 6:41pm
N Mort wrote:
Don't go on the US side on Niagara Falls, I live there and trust me on this one, stay on the Canadian side! lol
Really? Should we take it in before we cross the border? Did America screw their side up somehow? Smile
N Mort
3/22/2011 7:50pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
Really? Should we take it in before we cross the border? Did America screw their side up somehow? Smile
Canada just has more to do while visiting the falls, there is a little strip called Lundy's Lane. Thats always a fun little place to walk down. Only like 3 minutes from the falls or less!
BobbyM
3/22/2011 7:59pm
VOODOO27 wrote:

Any one? Bueller?
titties and beer?
sfairbro
3/23/2011 9:39am
I was just there a couple weeks ago. Hockey Hall of Fame is awesome. Even if not a hockey player. Also recommend going up CN tower. This is really cool...especially on a clear day.

If you want a fun dinner - go to Medieval Times. Food actually was great and Jousting is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Post a reply to: Any Toronto "Must do" Recommendations?

The Latest