Anti loop/endo technology

TF212
10/31/2014 2:42pm
what happens when you jump it?
Titan1
10/31/2014 2:45pm
If a manufacturer were to ever do it...all the other manufacturers would point at them and laugh.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
10/31/2014 2:50pm
yes, and an ignition interrupt if your visor is too low
bish153
10/31/2014 2:52pm
I would love to have that technology, especially through a whoop section or rhythm section. Nothing like a bike coming to a complete stop while running wide open! It has happened to me twice, both times I left the track in a different vehicle than I showed up in.

The Shop

mark_swart
10/31/2014 2:54pm
So the first time someobdy tries to stretch it out to clear something, the bike is going to level itself and they will plow into the next obstacle (Think Stewart jumping Larocco's Leap on a 125).

I think trying to make this would would actually end up creating a lot more lawsuits than it would prevent!!
4stroke4DWIN
10/31/2014 2:56pm
I don't think I'd even want to ride anything that had some mumbo jumbo like that on it. These to pics I have seat bounce this jump and let the front go high to get enough pop to get over these turds cuz the lips are so roached. No thanks.

RbR
10/31/2014 3:29pm
We'll remember these times as the good old days when a new bike only cost $9k ...
BAD10
10/31/2014 5:17pm
One of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time.....Whistling
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
10/31/2014 8:03pm
I think "anti endo technology" is feasible, its maybe the next big thing, after traction control.

One way to do it maybe would be to have a double flywheel mechanism mounted down behind the cylinder.

If you had 2 flywheels next to each other that rotated different directions... and you braked one or the other, wouldn't that apply g forces to the front or the rear? stopping an endo or loop out?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/31/2014 10:28pm
I have been using anti-endo and loopout technology since 1982 or so. It's called "practice."
10/31/2014 10:59pm
'If a manufacturer were to ever do it, I think all of the others would have to also, to avoid lawsuits.'

Seems like if they did add it and it failed, that would be a more likely lawsuit. Like those cars that "apply the brakes for you."
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
11/1/2014 12:28am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2014 12:32am
just James wrote:
Seems like it would be feasible. Just program it to take control of the throttle and brakes whenever the bike is off of the ground. No...
Seems like it would be feasible. Just program it to take control of the throttle and brakes whenever the bike is off of the ground.
No, I am not advocating for it, just throwing out the hypothesis. Probably would save a lot of goon riders from themselves.
If a manufacturer were to ever do it, I think all of the others would have to also, to avoid lawsuits.
Thoughts?
You are using" hypothesis" in the wrong context. Now if your hypothesis is that there would be lawsuits because of anti loop/endo technology that is closer but a better word would be" just throwing out the idea "

The hypothesis is the answer you think you'll find. Then you need to go out and prove your " hypothesis" by building the anti endo/loop technology and then watch to see if there are lawsuits. Or a better " hypothesis" would be, I think it would save a bunch of goon riders from themselves and then go and prove it. Either way the anti endo/loop technology is not a hypothesis but a idea,the hypothesis would be the outcome you think would happen.

Did I use the word" hypothesis" enough in my rant ?Blush

. Key Info

A hypothesis is an educated guess about how things work.
Most of the time a hypothesis is written like this: "If _____[I do this] _____, then _____[this]_____ will happen." (Fill in the blanks with the appropriate information from your own experiment.)

Your hypothesis should be something that you can actually test, what's called a testable hypothesis. In other words, you need to be able to measure both "what you do" and "what will happen."
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
11/1/2014 12:37am
just James wrote:
Seems like it would be feasible. Just program it to take control of the throttle and brakes whenever the bike is off of the ground. No...
Seems like it would be feasible. Just program it to take control of the throttle and brakes whenever the bike is off of the ground.
No, I am not advocating for it, just throwing out the hypothesis. Probably would save a lot of goon riders from themselves.
If a manufacturer were to ever do it, I think all of the others would have to also, to avoid lawsuits.
Thoughts?
Vet57
11/1/2014 2:06am
lostboy819 wrote:
Dood, that is classic shit right there!
Camp332
11/1/2014 3:38am
This technology exists in your riding skills bro.
just James
11/1/2014 4:54am
just James wrote:
Thoughts?
lostboy819 wrote:
You are using" hypothesis" in the wrong context. Now if your hypothesis is that there would be lawsuits because of anti loop/endo technology that is closer...
You are using" hypothesis" in the wrong context. Now if your hypothesis is that there would be lawsuits because of anti loop/endo technology that is closer but a better word would be" just throwing out the idea "

The hypothesis is the answer you think you'll find. Then you need to go out and prove your " hypothesis" by building the anti endo/loop technology and then watch to see if there are lawsuits. Or a better " hypothesis" would be, I think it would save a bunch of goon riders from themselves and then go and prove it. Either way the anti endo/loop technology is not a hypothesis but a idea,the hypothesis would be the outcome you think would happen.

Did I use the word" hypothesis" enough in my rant ?Blush

. Key Info

A hypothesis is an educated guess about how things work.
Most of the time a hypothesis is written like this: "If _____[I do this] _____, then _____[this]_____ will happen." (Fill in the blanks with the appropriate information from your own experiment.)

Your hypothesis should be something that you can actually test, what's called a testable hypothesis. In other words, you need to be able to measure both "what you do" and "what will happen."
Yeah, you are right. It was an improper use of the word.

This is not something that I would want to see, but I do think that stuff like this will be here eventually. Kind of like ABS in cars, which I feel is primarily to assist people who lack driving skills, or panic and just stand on the brake pedal when scared.

This is the off season, and I am bored. Thought I might provoke a conversation about what technology may come along in the future.
hillbilly
11/1/2014 9:47am
How about onsat so when you wad it calls for help.

I used to ride alot by myself on the sx track in the yard ,had a bad crash on day and had to crawl ,drag myself back to the shop.

After that I tucked a cell phone behind the front plate,bar pad.

When I broke the neck if wade had not been here I'd laid there till dark or later,no telling.
IWreckALot
11/1/2014 10:26am
BAD10 wrote:
One of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time.....Whistling
Yeah. Lots of reasons why this wouldn't and shouldn't work. We don't ride dirt bikes because of safety features. . . Learning bike and throttle control is part of the sport. . .
11/1/2014 10:39am
There might be some type of variation that is possible. like a gyro on the bike that helps you correct the bike. Anything that applies throttle without input from the rider would be sketchy though.

Reminds me of a function on my 4x4 that shuts off the throttle if the tires spin. When driving in deep sand on the beach I'll be trying to keep momentum and the freaking engine shuts off. I usually turn that function off.
moto38
11/1/2014 10:45am
How about this crazy idea- dont go jumping shit if you dont know how to ride yet?!?

Seriously, should we all be put in a safety coushin protected bubble and remote-controlledly pushed around the track while drinking mtn dew and eating mcdonalds and getting an IV for our diabeetus?

I wouldnt ever want my bike thinking it knows whats best for me at any point in time on a motocross track. What if I want my front end to drop so I can preliad for the next hit? What if I want to land on my back tire to get over a set of braking bumps smoothly? Theres no amount of technology in the world that can make those sort of decisions for me in the. 0002 seconds you have to make a decision between hitting a section perfectly or crashing and breaking bones.

Besides, what if the technology glitches? Riders get slammed into the dirt because the bike locked up the brakes in the air.

Seriously, if you cant control the bike for yourself you shouldnt be riding one
Spartacus
11/1/2014 12:03pm
Falcon wrote:
I have been using anti-endo and loopout technology since 1982 or so. It's called "practice."
Not time for that today, must get Tweets/Instagram/FB and You Tube content up as fast as possible so the whole world can see how totally awesome I am. Beside, ridin dirt bikes is suppose to be fun not work.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
11/1/2014 1:03pm
Anti loop and endo control? Traction Control? Everyone gets a trophy and there is no winner?

Finally little Timmy can race with the pros.
Jeff alessi
11/1/2014 1:37pm
How bout cruise control to for those long straitaways too...
11/1/2014 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2014 5:22pm
Goofball concept for two reasons:
1. Endo's and Loopouts are caused by what you do BEFORE you leave the jump face. The solution to the problem is not screwing up your takeoff. (RIDING TECHNIQUE).
2. There is not enough angular momentum for the rider to work with to counteract a big mistake made prior to leaving the face, once you are in the air. You can correct small mistakes with a panic rev or brake tap, but there is not enough angular momentum to work with to correct a big one. (PHYSICS)
WFO!
11/1/2014 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2014 6:07pm
Or you could be like Max Biaggi and have anti looping built into your DNA.
So many outrageous saves from this guy.

heres my favorite....at 100+ mph.

jloucks742
11/1/2014 6:10pm
WFO! wrote:
Or you could be like Max Biaggi and have anti looping built into your DNA. So many outrageous saves from this guy. heres my favorite....at 100+...
Or you could be like Max Biaggi and have anti looping built into your DNA.
So many outrageous saves from this guy.

heres my favorite....at 100+ mph.

Holy shit i bet he had to change his underwear after that
McDuff
11/1/2014 6:38pm
If you ride like Brandon, this could be very useful technology.

Post a reply to: Anti loop/endo technology

The Latest