Answer Rockstar Pants issue

SweetDaddy
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2015 8:38am
I have been wearing Fox 360 gear for the past 2 years. I bought a RMZ450 in Jan and have been wearing the Fox gear. Last week I bought Answer Rockstar gear that I wore for the first time last Sat. When I took the pants off there was a burn hole from the exhaust BEHIND the leather heat shield on the pants. I compared the Rockstar with the Fox and the Rockstar leather is much smaller than the Fox pants.

|
mxtech1
3/11/2015 10:59am
Unfortunately, this is an error on your part since the pant came in contact with a heat source. This is not a manufacturing or product defect that was the fault of Answer. Should there be better insulation at that point....probably....but that's another topic. You could most definitely call Answer customer service and speak to them about this.

In my opinion, it was a gracious offer for your Answer Rep to offer you another set of gear at a discounted price. He obviously values you as a customer and is offering you this discount even though his product technically had no fault. You should understand that and also consider it from his point of view.
mx836
3/11/2015 10:59am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2015 11:01am
Bummer deal. I stick with what I know. I like Shift and TLD, although I have been thinking the "ANSR" stuff is looking pretty good these days. Tried some FREEGUN gear made by Shot, just for something different. Didn't last long. Had holes worn through on both insides of the pants (just above the boots, below knee panel) from gripping the bike after two rides. The material is quite pathetic for a MX pant. Didn't even think to question them on it, but I will obviously not be making another purchase.
SweetDaddy
3/11/2015 11:08am
mxtech1 wrote:
Unfortunately, this is an error on your part since the pant came in contact with a heat source. This is not a manufacturing or product defect...
Unfortunately, this is an error on your part since the pant came in contact with a heat source. This is not a manufacturing or product defect that was the fault of Answer. Should there be better insulation at that point....probably....but that's another topic. You could most definitely call Answer customer service and speak to them about this.

In my opinion, it was a gracious offer for your Answer Rep to offer you another set of gear at a discounted price. He obviously values you as a customer and is offering you this discount even though his product technically had no fault. You should understand that and also consider it from his point of view.
That the pants have a HEATSHIELD that didn't shield the pants from the heat??
mxb2
3/11/2015 11:09am
Stock header? heatshield on it?, its not a defect, why would they do anything for a rider error. get a bigger heat shield or better pants,
i put a cf heat shield on my 13 rmz 450 fmf 4.1 , megabomb , looks sick,saves my pants and boots.

The Shop

mxb2
3/11/2015 11:10am
mxtech1 wrote:
Unfortunately, this is an error on your part since the pant came in contact with a heat source. This is not a manufacturing or product defect...

SweetDaddy wrote:
find pants with bigger heat protection.
mxtech1
3/11/2015 11:24am
mxtech1 wrote:

SweetDaddy wrote:
So your telling me the pants didn't touch any part of the exhaust and they simply melted due to the radiant heat?

I can see in the picture that the pants have charring on them which suggests you came in contact with the exhaust.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/11/2015 12:01pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
Maybe you are too tall,or short,or skinny or fat,or have a weird riding style,or your boots bunch up the pants,or you sit when you ride and the pants leg twists or your feet came off the pegs or have a aftermarket exhaust,or have knocked knees or pigeon toed ,or brushed up against your grill when you were cooking or tipped over in a corner or................................................................. The reasons are endless. So you could buy better pants with a bigger heat shield but that may not help any of the million other things that could happen.
SweetDaddy
3/11/2015 12:08pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Maybe you are too tall,or short,or skinny or fat,or have a weird riding style,or your boots bunch up the pants,or you sit when you ride and...
Maybe you are too tall,or short,or skinny or fat,or have a weird riding style,or your boots bunch up the pants,or you sit when you ride and the pants leg twists or your feet came off the pegs or have a aftermarket exhaust,or have knocked knees or pigeon toed ,or brushed up against your grill when you were cooking or tipped over in a corner or................................................................. The reasons are endless. So you could buy better pants with a bigger heat shield but that may not help any of the million other things that could happen.
Did you miss the point that I have been riding with Fox pants with no issue?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/11/2015 12:16pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Maybe you are too tall,or short,or skinny or fat,or have a weird riding style,or your boots bunch up the pants,or you sit when you ride and...
SweetDaddy wrote:
Are you telling us not all pants are the same ? well no shit ! So buy more Fox pants and not the Answer pants. Everything is different and if something does not work then go with something that does or are you just bitching to see if Answer will give you some free pants ? Better yet go to your local dealer and lay all the different pants out and check to see which one has the best and biggest heat shield and life will be good again now wont it ? or man the fuck up and call Answer direct and not call them out on Vital.
Grizz
3/11/2015 12:28pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:
I don't think that leather is for heat anyways. It's just for grip/knee brace protection.

The only pants I have without holes in them are the ones I haven't worn yet Laughing

Sometimes I will randomly have burn holes too just because something happened while riding (leg gets dragged in a rut, etc) and I usually wont remember that specific moment either. That's probably what happened to you.
SweetDaddy
3/11/2015 12:29pm
lostboy819 wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Are you telling us not all pants are the same ? well no shit ! So buy more Fox pants and not the Answer pants. Everything...
Are you telling us not all pants are the same ? well no shit ! So buy more Fox pants and not the Answer pants. Everything is different and if something does not work then go with something that does or are you just bitching to see if Answer will give you some free pants ? Better yet go to your local dealer and lay all the different pants out and check to see which one has the best and biggest heat shield and life will be good again now wont it ? or man the fuck up and call Answer direct and not call them out on Vital.
Bitching? I have only stated facts; you are doing the bitching.
SweetDaddy
3/11/2015 12:43pm
lostboy819 wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:
Grizz wrote:
I don't think that leather is for heat anyways. It's just for grip/knee brace protection. The only pants I have without holes in them are the...
I don't think that leather is for heat anyways. It's just for grip/knee brace protection.

The only pants I have without holes in them are the ones I haven't worn yet Laughing

Sometimes I will randomly have burn holes too just because something happened while riding (leg gets dragged in a rut, etc) and I usually wont remember that specific moment either. That's probably what happened to you.
This is the pants description from the answer website: GENUINE LEATHER KNEES RESIST BURNING
Torco1
3/11/2015 12:46pm
Are you sure you don't have a family of moths living in your gear bag?
MotoX85
3/11/2015 12:53pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
Grizz wrote:
I don't think that leather is for heat anyways. It's just for grip/knee brace protection. The only pants I have without holes in them are the...

SweetDaddy wrote:
This is the pants description from the answer website: GENUINE LEATHER KNEES RESIST BURNING
You have been on Vital have you not, just about everyone who posts here does not ride. They will be talking about Tibetan Monks here in a minute and posting pictures of bears. All while telling you that Ricky Carmichael is a close personal friend and Honda is coming out with a quad fuel injected 2 stroke 800cc 2 cylinder.

We race every weekend in the Midwest area and out of everyone at the track I only know 2 people that post here.

If Answer wants to keep your business then they should have guaranteed the pants with a new pair, end of discussion. If they did not, then they do not want your business and I would go back to Fox

To give you a similar situation, my son wears knee braces that have just about destroyed every knee area in his Fly gear. I took all of them to my local dealer and the Fly rep replaced every pair and gave us a free set with 2 pairs of gloves.

GUESS WHAT GEAR I'M BUYING AGAIN!!!!
Grizz
3/11/2015 1:21pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
Grizz wrote:

SweetDaddy wrote:
Well call up/e-mail Answer and let them know how they can improve their product! Gear is pretty disposable in my opinion (but I ride a lot) so I wouldn't get so worked up if I were you.
yota
3/11/2015 1:59pm
Ride a 2 stroke.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
3/11/2015 2:18pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
Grizz wrote:

SweetDaddy wrote:
Let me know if you need help resolving this with our customer service! I will be happy to assist if needed.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/11/2015 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2015 2:32pm
MotoX85 wrote:
You have been on Vital have you not, just about everyone who posts here does not ride. They will be talking about Tibetan Monks here in...
You have been on Vital have you not, just about everyone who posts here does not ride. They will be talking about Tibetan Monks here in a minute and posting pictures of bears. All while telling you that Ricky Carmichael is a close personal friend and Honda is coming out with a quad fuel injected 2 stroke 800cc 2 cylinder.

We race every weekend in the Midwest area and out of everyone at the track I only know 2 people that post here.

If Answer wants to keep your business then they should have guaranteed the pants with a new pair, end of discussion. If they did not, then they do not want your business and I would go back to Fox

To give you a similar situation, my son wears knee braces that have just about destroyed every knee area in his Fly gear. I took all of them to my local dealer and the Fly rep replaced every pair and gave us a free set with 2 pairs of gloves.

So did he quit using knee braces or just keep destroying the Fly pants ?or do the new ones have better material in the knee area ?
MotoX85
3/12/2015 8:36am
MotoX85 wrote:
You have been on Vital have you not, just about everyone who posts here does not ride. They will be talking about Tibetan Monks here in...

lostboy819 wrote:
So did he quit using knee braces or just keep destroying the Fly pants ?or do the new ones have better material in the knee area...
So did he quit using knee braces or just keep destroying the Fly pants ?or do the new ones have better material in the knee area ?
Keeps destroying pants, but he loves the Fly gear. They have warrantied several times now but since his knee braces are the issue (as with 99% of pants) if we have them longer than about 3 months, I do not try and return them. If they go out sooner than we do. I just use judgement, the original ones we brought back were about 2-3 weeks old so if we get use out of them, I do not bring them back.

And they even have a big leather knee area so not sure what and why is going on besides he is just gripping really good.
Randy Savage
3/12/2015 8:38am
Grizz wrote:
Well call up/e-mail Answer and let them know how they can improve their product! Gear is pretty disposable in my opinion (but I ride a lot)...
Well call up/e-mail Answer and let them know how they can improve their product! Gear is pretty disposable in my opinion (but I ride a lot) so I wouldn't get so worked up if I were you.
This.

I've just accepted that everything we wear comes from the same shithole building in Taiwan. So I just pick my favorite color. Until brands like Yoko and RS Taichi make a comeback.

Post a reply to: Answer Rockstar Pants issue

The Latest