Another (better) View of James' Crash

6/4/2012 4:03pm
Is that the video that cuts off after 1 lap? Did you see why he went down the right side on 1st lap? Maybe that slow guyWhistling he passed at the top of the hill on the orange bike that was still outside of him? Nah, that probably wasn't it, and you can draw the conclusion that since he went to right side when someone was beside him that he was going to do that for every lap that followed. I see it now clearly from the video just like you did. What was I thinking relying on actually seeing it in person. That one lap video is what I needed to bring it all back. You are absolutely right, I was blind. (Probably from looking at that overweight hiefer close to us that was trying to wear an armband for a skirt. If thats your wife, just say NO! before you leave home please)
6/4/2012 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 4:23pm
Long time listener, first time caller. I was sitting right where the photographer crossed from all day. James was disrespecting those ruts all thru practice and...
Long time listener, first time caller.
I was sitting right where the photographer crossed from all day. James was disrespecting those ruts all thru practice and the first laps of the moto. In practice, he went wide open down the outside rut, did the same rear end swap and went over the berm and almost into the fence before he got stopped. He moved in a little and started using the rut he crashed in. The lap before he crashed, he pinned it and hit the same rut, the front end turned in and he almost lost it. He was leaning his body to the inside when he started into the ruts and the front tire was plowing against the rut. All of us that have attacked a rut section at speed knows what that feels like(an oh shit! moment). He saved it that lap, but the next lap the rut was deeper and it owned him. Dungey was crossing on the double from the outside to the middle, and moving way inside going into the ruts. He was also slowing down every lap there a little, and showing an ounce of caution. James had it pinned all the way in, like if he went fast enough the ruts wouldn't be there.
It was an on the edge gamble and he lost. Was very impressive up to that point, though.
I'm bummed cause I drove 700 miles to watch him and Dungey go at it in person. I hope he's not hurt so we get to see them race each other like at Freestone all summer. For the Bubba haters, don't just pound on him til you've seen the guy attack an outdoor track up close and in person. TV doesn't do any of these guys justice. Whatever you think of him, at least give him credit for having the biggest balls on the planet(I am a more of a Dungey fan, so not a nut hugger, but I do respect how Bubba rides).

GuyB, thanks for the great pics. Glad you were paying attention when you crossed the track right next to us or these guys would be shredding you too.
You sir are either blind or weren't actually there:
Watch vid 1
NV825 wrote:
I don't see where he mentions that he took that rut the entire race. He said the lap before he crashed he took the same rut...
I don't see where he mentions that he took that rut the entire race. He said the lap before he crashed he took the same rut and almost went down. Then the next lap it bit him. What lap did Stewy crash? 4th lap?
Read this part right before he says the lap before:
He moved in a little and started using the rut he crashed in.

Just realized you might have to read the prior sentences to fully get it.
6/4/2012 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 4:26pm
Is that the video that cuts off after 1 lap? Did you see why he went down the right side on 1st lap? Maybe that slow...
Is that the video that cuts off after 1 lap? Did you see why he went down the right side on 1st lap? Maybe that slow guyWhistling he passed at the top of the hill on the orange bike that was still outside of him? Nah, that probably wasn't it, and you can draw the conclusion that since he went to right side when someone was beside him that he was going to do that for every lap that followed. I see it now clearly from the video just like you did. What was I thinking relying on actually seeing it in person. That one lap video is what I needed to bring it all back. You are absolutely right, I was blind. (Probably from looking at that overweight hiefer close to us that was trying to wear an armband for a skirt. If thats your wife, just say NO! before you leave home please)
LOL maybe you are blind and forgetful or stupid and that heifer is your wife cuz it definitely wasn't mine.....just sayin. You did say this right? He moved in a little and started using the rut he crashed in. Exactly when did he START using that line and when did he quit? The lap before he crashed?
Dano39
6/4/2012 4:28pm
Three simple words...

LET IT GO...
FFS.

The Shop

NV825
Fantasy
2730th
6/4/2012 4:38pm
You sir are either blind or weren't actually there:
Watch vid 1
NV825 wrote:
I don't see where he mentions that he took that rut the entire race. He said the lap before he crashed he took the same rut...
I don't see where he mentions that he took that rut the entire race. He said the lap before he crashed he took the same rut and almost went down. Then the next lap it bit him. What lap did Stewy crash? 4th lap?
Read this part right before he says the lap before: [b]He moved in a little and started using the rut he crashed in.[/b] Just realized you...

It's the first fucking lap and he was buried pretty far back in the pack, do you think he took every single line he wanted having to pass that many people? It's a shame they cut the video only after the first lap because I'm sure what he mentioned is true.
6/4/2012 4:53pm
I will try to type slower so it is easier to read. Check the sentence before the one I said he moved over, it clearly starts with "In practice". He used the line he crashed in almost every time in practice and the moto, when no one was outside of him or in it. It was good for awhile, but got deeper and put him down. Wasn't that he did anything different and the photogragher didn't force him into it. The track just changed. It almost got him the lap before and got deeper. Not sure why that is so hard to accept.
(I'm kinda new here, is there a standard level I need to dumb down posts to?)
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
6/4/2012 4:54pm
Read Dungeys interview on RacerX, he seems to understand how that photog could fuck up your concentration.
6/4/2012 7:30pm
NV825 wrote:
Read this part right before he says the lap before: [b]He moved in a little and started using the rut he crashed in.[/b] Just realized you...

NV825 wrote:
It's the first fucking lap and he was buried pretty far back in the pack, do you think he took every single line he wanted having...
It's the first fucking lap and he was buried pretty far back in the pack, do you think he took every single line he wanted having to pass that many people? It's a shame they cut the video only after the first lap because I'm sure what he mentioned is true.
You're sure huh?
6/4/2012 7:34pm
I will try to type slower so it is easier to read. Check the sentence before the one I said he moved over, it clearly starts...
I will try to type slower so it is easier to read. Check the sentence before the one I said he moved over, it clearly starts with "In practice". He used the line he crashed in almost every time in practice and the moto, when no one was outside of him or in it. It was good for awhile, but got deeper and put him down. Wasn't that he did anything different and the photogragher didn't force him into it. The track just changed. It almost got him the lap before and got deeper. Not sure why that is so hard to accept.
(I'm kinda new here, is there a standard level I need to dumb down posts to?)
Maybe that heifer you call a wife is sitting on you and cutting the blood flow to the brain. I kid I kid.

Anyway you said he moved over and used that line, which I took to mean he was using that line in the laps of the race too, the same line he used in the first lap. How many laps did it take for him to get in front? Why wouldn't he use that further inside line?
Outsider
6/4/2012 7:37pm
Maybe that heifer you call a wife is sitting on you and cutting the blood flow to the brain. I kid I kid. Anyway you said...
Maybe that heifer you call a wife is sitting on you and cutting the blood flow to the brain. I kid I kid.

Anyway you said he moved over and used that line, which I took to mean he was using that line in the laps of the race too, the same line he used in the first lap. How many laps did it take for him to get in front? Why wouldn't he use that further inside line?
Maybe that heifer you call a wife is sitting on you and cutting the blood flow to the brain.

You're a jackoff, seriously.
6/4/2012 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 7:57pm
Maybe that heifer you call a wife is sitting on you and cutting the blood flow to the brain. I kid I kid. Anyway you said...

Outsider wrote:
Maybe that heifer you call a wife is sitting on you and cutting the blood flow to the brain.

You're a jackoff, seriously.
Read the whole thing dick licker. See who called who's wife a heifer.

Here ya go dickhead:

(Probably from looking at that overweight hiefer close to us that was trying to wear an armband for a skirt. If thats your wife, just say NO! before you leave home please)
Outsider
6/4/2012 8:08pm
Read the whole thing dick licker. See who called who's wife a heifer. Here ya go dickhead: (Probably from looking at that overweight hiefer close to...

Here ya go dickhead:

(Probably from looking at that overweight hiefer close to us that was trying to wear an armband for a skirt. If thats your wife, just say NO! before you leave home please)
Oh sorry, I didn't read all this crap. My bad.... jackoff. Smile
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
6/4/2012 8:26pm

NV825 wrote:
It's the first fucking lap and he was buried pretty far back in the pack, do you think he took every single line he wanted having...
You're sure huh?

This is James landing off that jump going into the rutted section from the video, do you really expect him to follow Alessi to the outside line?
6/4/2012 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 8:31pm
panic revver, chill out dude. Wasn't trying to insult you or your wife(unless that was you and her next to us?Wink ) I should've have seperated that heifer comment from the rest of post. Sorry. It was a general comment meant for anyone and everyone that's afraid to tell their wife it ain't working. Their was a lot of snickering and pointing around that whole area. The ring in her nose made me think of heifer, that's all.

I originally posted to give some people a little background on what I saw(yes, in person) about what Bubba was doing in that section up to that point. A lot of people are jumping to conclusions based on seeing a few seconds of GoPro footage. Thought they might be interested in a little more information, that is all. You can choose to form your opinion anyway you like, but no need to accuse me of being blind or not there(same as calling someone a liar?). I would be happy to discuss it intelligently or answer any questions based on what I saw if you would rather go that route. Either way, have a good night.
6/4/2012 8:37pm
Read the whole thing dick licker. See who called who's wife a heifer. Here ya go dickhead: (Probably from looking at that overweight hiefer close to...

Here ya go dickhead:

Outsider wrote:
Oh sorry, I didn't read all this crap. My bad.... jackoff. Smile
No worries brah
6/4/2012 8:41pm
NV825 wrote:
You're sure huh?
NV825 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/06/04/Picture_3_334502.jpg[/img] This is James landing off that jump going into the rutted section from the video, do you really expect him to follow Alessi to the...

This is James landing off that jump going into the rutted section from the video, do you really expect him to follow Alessi to the outside line?
No and not sure what that has to do with it but go ahead and let's see where you go. How many laps did it take for JS to get into the lead?
6/4/2012 8:47pm
panic revver, chill out dude. Wasn't trying to insult you or your wife(unless that was you and her next to us?;) ) I should've have seperated...
panic revver, chill out dude. Wasn't trying to insult you or your wife(unless that was you and her next to us?Wink ) I should've have seperated that heifer comment from the rest of post. Sorry. It was a general comment meant for anyone and everyone that's afraid to tell their wife it ain't working. Their was a lot of snickering and pointing around that whole area. The ring in her nose made me think of heifer, that's all.

I originally posted to give some people a little background on what I saw(yes, in person) about what Bubba was doing in that section up to that point. A lot of people are jumping to conclusions based on seeing a few seconds of GoPro footage. Thought they might be interested in a little more information, that is all. You can choose to form your opinion anyway you like, but no need to accuse me of being blind or not there(same as calling someone a liar?). I would be happy to discuss it intelligently or answer any questions based on what I saw if you would rather go that route. Either way, have a good night.
See that part where I said I kid I kid. That was supposed to show that I was kidding. Guess I need to dumb it down further, oh wait you already used that one.... Anyway, no that wasn't her and she is far from a heifer altho her tits are large.Woohoo

So what you are saying is that he almost went into the crowd in practice on an outside line, then moved to a line further inside and went inside the 1st lap cuz MA800 was there and then decided to go back to that outside line that sucked after he got the lead?
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
6/4/2012 8:57pm
You're sure huh?
NV825 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/06/04/Picture_3_334502.jpg[/img] This is James landing off that jump going into the rutted section from the video, do you really expect him to follow Alessi to the...

No and not sure what that has to do with it but go ahead and let's see where you go. How many laps did it take...
No and not sure what that has to do with it but go ahead and let's see where you go. How many laps did it take for JS to get into the lead?
According to the guys account he preferred the outside line but with Alessi in that line he chose to go inside to try and make the pass. He took the lead the second lap and started hitting the outside line and had a couple close calls before it bit him on the 4th lap. I don't understand what you can't get from that? Because he took the inside line on the first lap, you call the guy a lying idiot?
6/4/2012 9:16pm
NV825, you got it. In practice he went to the very outside line, rub your peg on the yellow stakes outside, and almost swapped into the fence. The next lap he moved in a couple of ruts and used that the rest of the time when no one was in the way. The very inside was just as bad with several guys swapping out over there. Dungey was slowing for a giant kicker that was on the far inside where he was going. James was on the gas coming into the ruts where everybody else was letting off entering that section. Lemoine was the only one on a 450 that I noticed that was even close to as aggresive as James going in there and he was using the same rut or the one next to it every time. Izzi was pretty aggressive a few times in the same line and had his foot knocked off the peg once and made a good save. The rut just got deeper each lap and James didn't back off, everybody else did. Like I said, James didn't show those ruts the respect they deserved and it bit him. I hope he is there next year cause it amazing to watch someone with that much confidence attack that deep stuff.
jeffro503
6/4/2012 9:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/06/04/monkeydrummert_110943.gif[/img]
HAHA!!.....WTF?????? BlinkBlinkWoohooWoohoo
jndmx
6/4/2012 10:59pm
Dano39 wrote:
Three simple words...

LET IT GO...
FFS.
I applaud your optimism Dano.......I'll check in with you on page 13 of this clusterfuck.
I am sure we are good for 7-10 more pages now that we are going over helmet cam footage like the Zapruder film.
pecu_83
6/5/2012 1:12am
Is the full speed GoPro footage of the crash anywhere? Everybody says they saw it in the 2nd moto, but didn't anyone record it? I'd like too see it too.
Cigaro
6/5/2012 2:29am
ocscottie wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/06/04/monkeydrummert_110943.gif[/img]
Lancelot Link.. I use to watch that show on LSD. Evil
robkinuk
6/5/2012 6:19am
been away commentating at National VMX race so only just seen all the footage.
My .2 cents.
Yes the photographer was wrong to cross the track, but did it contribute to James crash?.................probably not.
In this "where there's blame, there's a claim culture" we now live in, someone's action's are always someone else's fault!
Looked like James got caught out in the soft deep ruts but perhaps was attempting to deflect blame onto phototag for his own mistake, as witnessed by James constantly looking back up the track, instead of picking up his bike.
Let's hope James is fit to ride Mt Morris as injuries have taken out far too many good riders in this 2012 season!

Post a reply to: Another (better) View of James' Crash

The Latest