Another (better) View of James' Crash

FIREfish148
6/3/2012 3:03pm
I remember watching a supermini race a while back and this kid named Tyler Egbert was killing it at a track in Bellingham. I was the last lap and some lady decided to cross the track after a long straight away without looking. I swear to god ive never seen anyone come to a dead stop from 4th gear in my life. Bitch got lucky, Real lucky.

Anyways my point is when shit like this happens it just seems really disrespectful to everyone at the races. I wouldn't think about walking out on the track while a moto was going on. I understand that people need to make a living taking photos and shit, but come on this is ridiculous.
Outsider
6/3/2012 3:21pm
In the interview after the race James gained alot of respect in my book not totally blaming the guy for his crash.
X2, what is the problem here?
Dano39
6/3/2012 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2012 3:46pm
ONLY three ways this goes, and no one convinces the other that theirs is correct.

1)James FAN with bias: The only thing possible is... it's the photog guys fault, PERIOD!

2)Not a JAMES fan with bias: The only thing possible is... it had nothing to do with the photog guy, PERIOD!

3)EVERYONE else: It may have been a bit of a distraction but more then likely not the sole cause
of the crash.

It's obvious, if I'm posting this, that I'm not in the first two. No matter what, it sucks... regardless of blame Sad

The Shop

6/3/2012 3:46pm
If you are not a rider, official, or medic treating a downed rider, there is no reason for anyone to be on the racing surface when the track is "hot".

When one does it, many others who see it happen may try the same thing.

I know of a very good expert GNC flat track racer who was killed, along with the "spectator" who decided he would have a better view from the other side of the track. It was not pretty.

Totally unprofessional.

Flame on , fella's.
Coyote
6/3/2012 3:52pm
This view makes look like it was even less the crossers fault. James looked like he was going to take the line he took no matter...
This view makes look like it was even less the crossers fault. James looked like he was going to take the line he took no matter what. The only thing the crosser may have done is made name lose his focus.
LOL What this video doesn't show, is the shock factor that Stewart was instantly faced with by the spectator crossing the track while he was at...
LOL What this video doesn't show, is the shock factor that Stewart was instantly faced with by the spectator crossing the track while he was at speed and in the air, and aiming towards the inside of the track for the next turn. You can view it from all the angles you want, but the only one that will give you the rider's perspective is the gopro. This video does however confirm what a terrible choice the crosser made in crossing at that moment when it appears that if he had taken the time to look before crossing he would know where Stewart was at the time. Count how long it takes from the time Stewart leaves the jump and sees the crosser till the crosser clears the track. All this went down in less than 2 seconds, all at speed, and with the element of surprise.
Although not at Bubba speed I had a similar incident years ago at Hangtown w/Larry Wosick and myself and we actually hit the spectator crossing, never saw him as I was in the air. Tried to stop the bike as when it hit it tore the throttle off and it sucked my arm up when it hit me. Saying no crossin the friggin track ever during a race!!
moto282
6/3/2012 4:15pm
The problem is there are enough people who have staked their persona out here on criticizing Stewart for whatever reason ~ they like another rider, they...
The problem is there are enough people who have staked their persona out here on criticizing Stewart for whatever reason ~ they like another rider, they don't like Stewart fans, whatever ~ that they're in a sick feedback loop. They're so fully caught up in maintaining that identity that they've been waiting for some incident to save face, al the more so when it's turned around with a little success, and there's no one way any of those people are going to be sensible or fair or deal with this issue apart from the shit talking little corner of the internet they've carved out for themselves.
This ^. Lots of examples in here of the stuff referenced in the atittidue adjustment thread. Sad
LoudLove
6/3/2012 4:19pm
Whether its a spectator crossing the track, passing slower riders, attacking rhythm sections, or Chad Reed, James knows only one way to approach a problem: pin it. There are two outcomes to this philosophy: 1) it worked 2) it didn't. See option 2...

His ride from fifth to first in that moto was magic, and he was once again FMOTP. But admit it, how many of you saw that wadded up Suzuki and said to yourself "Yep, here we go again". Man on the track or not, the song remains the same: The only guy who can beat James is James.
6/3/2012 4:38pm
Dano39 wrote:
ONLY three ways this goes, and no one convinces the other that theirs is correct. 1)James FAN with bias: The only thing possible is... it's the...
ONLY three ways this goes, and no one convinces the other that theirs is correct.

1)James FAN with bias: The only thing possible is... it's the photog guys fault, PERIOD!

2)Not a JAMES fan with bias: The only thing possible is... it had nothing to do with the photog guy, PERIOD!

3)EVERYONE else: It may have been a bit of a distraction but more then likely not the sole cause
of the crash.

It's obvious, if I'm posting this, that I'm not in the first two. No matter what, it sucks... regardless of blame Sad
What if you're not biased but feel like it was maybe 20% camera guy 80% James choosing a bad line that had 15 guys go through it before he got back around to it again? He was taking that line regardless of distraction. More than anything it was a perfect time for him to speak up about something that seems to have bothered him and his dad, as well as others, for some time. It just so happened 3 seconds before he washed the front end and he felt it may have contributed.
brianfagan9
6/3/2012 4:39pm
LoudLove wrote:
Whether its a spectator crossing the track, passing slower riders, attacking rhythm sections, or Chad Reed, James knows only one way to approach a problem: pin...
Whether its a spectator crossing the track, passing slower riders, attacking rhythm sections, or Chad Reed, James knows only one way to approach a problem: pin it. There are two outcomes to this philosophy: 1) it worked 2) it didn't. See option 2...

His ride from fifth to first in that moto was magic, and he was once again FMOTP. But admit it, how many of you saw that wadded up Suzuki and said to yourself "Yep, here we go again". Man on the track or not, the song remains the same: The only guy who can beat James is James.
You are now about to enter the Twilight Zone.
zippy895
6/3/2012 4:43pm
big foot is to blame.case closed.
Law 131
6/3/2012 4:51pm
Pros make their living avoiding multiple interlacing obstacles, at high speed, under extreme physical, mental
and emotional pressure.

I don't buy the theory that this guy on the track made any difference.

Stewie cross rutted and went down. It was a momentary lapse of skill.
Dano39
6/3/2012 5:03pm
Dano39 wrote:
ONLY three ways this goes, and no one convinces the other that theirs is correct. 1)James FAN with bias: The only thing possible is... it's the...

of the crash.

What if you're not biased but feel like it was maybe 20% camera guy 80% James choosing a bad line that had 15 guys go through...
What if you're not biased but feel like it was maybe 20% camera guy 80% James choosing a bad line that had 15 guys go through it before he got back around to it again? He was taking that line regardless of distraction. More than anything it was a perfect time for him to speak up about something that seems to have bothered him and his dad, as well as others, for some time. It just so happened 3 seconds before he washed the front end and he felt it may have contributed.
I'm not sure I follow your post! Don't you fit into category THREE(Everyone else)?

As far as James speaking up, we shouldn't expect Pros' to be held accountable like that.
The forum's makes it feel like we're closer to them then we are.
machine
6/3/2012 5:07pm
Law 131 wrote:
Pros make their living avoiding multiple interlacing obstacles, at high speed, under extreme physical, mental and emotional pressure. I don't buy the theory that this guy...
Pros make their living avoiding multiple interlacing obstacles, at high speed, under extreme physical, mental
and emotional pressure.

According to Stewart fans, you must not ride/race to make a statement like that......... Wink

BTW-I completely agree...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
6/3/2012 5:14pm
Dano39 wrote:

of the crash.

Disagree.

I've seen at least two people on here who have been extremely critical of Stewart for years say there is no doubt the photog caused him to lose concentration, cross rut and crash.

Obviously some think it's just a coincidence that the photog was there for the only crash he has had since the outdoors began.

But, whatever this seems like a very dumb argument and it doesn't matter at this point, except the championship will be very boring for everyone.
Spartacus
6/3/2012 5:19pm
zippy895 wrote:
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205402_10150855639723176_680468175_9894034_732481899_n.jpg[/img]
Was he also wearing SG 12's in size 13?

This could be bad for Newmann.....
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/3/2012 5:42pm
Law 131 wrote:
Pros make their living avoiding multiple interlacing obstacles, at high speed, under extreme physical, mental and emotional pressure. I don't buy the theory that this guy...
and emotional pressure.

machine wrote:
According to Stewart fans, you must not ride/race to make a statement like that......... Wink

After watching the new footage, I agree with you guys. It wasn't that close. These guys jump +70 foot triples two and three wide (sometimes while scrubbing) on a tight SX course with cameras flashing in the background. I just can't see that guy making that much of a distraction (yes it was stupid of the guy). We all now know that was the same line JS took the previous 2 laps. We also know from a fan that was watching the races that day right in that area who said that ~70% of the crashes on the day happened in that section of the track. IMO after watching the videos, previous laps, etc JS just made a mistake. It's racing.

And the big elephant in the living room is there are 3 factions of people on this board. 1) The JS fans who have been dying to say "see I told ya so, it was the Yamaha all along. He's 4-4 on the season and the FMOTP is back". 2) The group saying it wasn't the Yamaha and it's just a matter of time the real JS shows up again on the Zook. 3) Race fans that don't care about the bike and JS7 hype, they just love great racing and want it to be the best possible.

Over the last few weeks there have been many JS7 lovers talking shit about "see it was the Yamaha after all". This crash gives them wiggle room to blame something else - because they always seem to have an excuse when something happens. Now, the other faction (#2) have room to come on and say, "See I told ya so, the real JS7 showed up once again and crashed." These two factions of people will always be on Vital, I've come to that acceptance.

I just hope and pray that James isn't seriously hurt and can still make it back into the series. He was hauling ass and the racing between him and Dungey was picking up steam every race. The 2012 series was going to be awesome, now it is up in the air. Dungey was ready to battle yesterday too. This sucks for race fans (me) and I just hope the guy can make it back out next week or in a few weeks. Remember, there's a lot of racing left. Mechanical DNFs happen all the time (just ask Dungey). Let's just all pray that the wrist is sprained and not broken.
machine
6/3/2012 5:46pm
Law 131 wrote:
and emotional pressure.

machine wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:
After watching the new footage, I agree with you guys. It wasn't that close. These guys jump +70 foot triples two and three wide (sometimes while...
After watching the new footage, I agree with you guys. It wasn't that close. These guys jump +70 foot triples two and three wide (sometimes while scrubbing) on a tight SX course with cameras flashing in the background. I just can't see that guy making that much of a distraction (yes it was stupid of the guy). We all now know that was the same line JS took the previous 2 laps. We also know from a fan that was watching the races that day right in that area who said that ~70% of the crashes on the day happened in that section of the track. IMO after watching the videos, previous laps, etc JS just made a mistake. It's racing.

And the big elephant in the living room is there are 3 factions of people on this board. 1) The JS fans who have been dying to say "see I told ya so, it was the Yamaha all along. He's 4-4 on the season and the FMOTP is back". 2) The group saying it wasn't the Yamaha and it's just a matter of time the real JS shows up again on the Zook. 3) Race fans that don't care about the bike and JS7 hype, they just love great racing and want it to be the best possible.

Over the last few weeks there have been many JS7 lovers talking shit about "see it was the Yamaha after all". This crash gives them wiggle room to blame something else - because they always seem to have an excuse when something happens. Now, the other faction (#2) have room to come on and say, "See I told ya so, the real JS7 showed up once again and crashed." These two factions of people will always be on Vital, I've come to that acceptance.

I just hope and pray that James isn't seriously hurt and can still make it back into the series. He was hauling ass and the racing between him and Dungey was picking up steam every race. The 2012 series was going to be awesome, now it is up in the air. Dungey was ready to battle yesterday too. This sucks for race fans (me) and I just hope the guy can make it back out next week or in a few weeks. Remember, there's a lot of racing left. Mechanical DNFs happen all the time (just ask Dungey). Let's just all pray that the wrist is sprained and not broken.
good post!
BobbyM
6/3/2012 5:50pm
why didn't that stupid mouthbreathing fucking twit cross the track earlier.?

hell yea we need a name here... to shame this jackoff into seclusion and never going to another race ever again.
Spartacus
6/3/2012 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2012 6:05pm
ocscottie wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
why didn't that stupid mouthbreathing fucking twit cross the track earlier.? hell yea we need a name here... to shame this jackoff into seclusion and never...

hell yea we need a name here... to shame this jackoff into seclusion and never going to another race ever again.
Clearly a plant from Vitalmx to boost hit count.
6/3/2012 6:03pm
Not for nothing but I used to go to Thunder Valley every year.It's debateable but that downhill jump is on a very steep section of the track......top of take off lip to landing of triple(maybe 90feet) isprobably a 20 foot drop or so and you land pinned into the roughest section of the track. Line selection is key here and I don't doubt for a minute that if that idiot photog made James blink an eye he could have shifted four inches into a bad line and had that nasty wreck. How does a proffessional think like an idiot....maybe he shoot shoot wedding pics instead....
motoplook
6/3/2012 6:05pm
BobbyM wrote:
why didn't that stupid mouthbreathing fucking twit cross the track earlier.? hell yea we need a name here... to shame this jackoff into seclusion and never...

MX sports sho u'll sue him for all ticket refunds requests they are going to get if Stewart is out for the season/title. this guy just ruined the MX racing Industry. Lol!
426Hemi
Fantasy
2747th
6/3/2012 6:14pm
Perhaps a new rule must be placed that no one is to enter the track at any time other than emergency personnel. Case closed.
jeffro503
6/3/2012 7:22pm
Dano39 wrote:

of the crash.

What if you're not biased but feel like it was maybe 20% camera guy 80% James choosing a bad line that had 15 guys go through...
Dano39 wrote:
I'm not sure I follow your post! Don't you fit into category THREE(Everyone else)? As far as James speaking up, we shouldn't expect Pros' to be...
I'm not sure I follow your post! Don't you fit into category THREE(Everyone else)?

As far as James speaking up, we shouldn't expect Pros' to be held accountable like that.
The forum's makes it feel like we're closer to them then we are.
I fit into option #3.

Instead of putting the blame solely on the idiot who crossed the track , Or James himself.......I'll go with 90% lies on James for choosing to go full throttle through a section he was unsure about , and 10% for the idiot who distracted him slightly.

Honestly........I think if that idiot wasn't there , I still think James would of crashed. But who knows?........he had been riding awesome all the way up to that point. Only thing is.....that section claimed a bunch of guys this weekend.....James just happened to be one of them.
mrquick
6/3/2012 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2012 8:14pm
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans
know...Just how fast ( mph ) do you think james was going when he went down?
My car has a top speed of 174 mph...i will not wreck if i meet another car/truck at that speed.

My Kart will hit 120 mph easy and quickly

My crf450 will top out way faster than stewart was going at the time of the crash...
I know one thing, he's been at that speed so long that everything seems to happen in slow motion to him.

FYI...its spelled moron.....not moran.

The guy on the track had nothing to do with the crash.

The "shock factor" made me lol......it was funny.

Guy B...Do you think the guy crossing the track made james crash? I know you have to cross many tracks as I have
done myself in the 40 years i've been in the sport.
MattyVicious
Fantasy
398th
6/3/2012 9:04pm
Some one needs to find the dumb ass who ran out on the track and kick his ass. I hope James is ok.
dean122
6/3/2012 9:06pm
mrquick wrote:
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans know...Just how fast ( mph...
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans
My car has a top speed of 174 mph...i will not wreck if i meet another car/truck at that speed.

My crf450 will top out way faster than stewart was going at the time of the crash...
I know one thing, he's been at that speed so long that everything seems to happen in slow motion to him.

Guy B...Do you think the guy crossing the track made james crash? I know you have to cross many tracks as I have
"FYI...its spelled moron.....not moran"

You FAIL...
TerryK
6/3/2012 9:11pm
mrquick wrote:
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans know...Just how fast ( mph...

You seem to have missed the whole "moran" series of events of the past year or more. Tongue

Hence my last post.
mrquick
6/3/2012 9:56pm
I don't get on here that much anymore...I must have missed the moron thing.I'll go back and read some and try to catch up.

Post a reply to: Another (better) View of James' Crash

The Latest