Another "Spoke with my wallet thread"...

305FC250
Yesterday I brought home a new 2017 Husqvarna tc125. My first two stroke and while I haven't had it to the track yet, I'm already in love. I love the weight difference and nimble feeling compared to my 250f. Going to the track with it tomorrow and I can't wait.

|

The Shop

Mini Elsinore
2/25/2017 7:48pm
New Tacoma (on tacomaworld.com yet?) AND a new dirt scooter. Life is good for you, my man!
RockyRider
Fantasy
3380th
2/25/2017 9:04pm
New Tacoma (on tacomaworld.com yet?) AND a new dirt scooter. Life is good for you, my man!
If only it were a Taco... looks to be a new Canyon or Colorado. Regardless sweet ride(s)!
jeffro503
2/25/2017 10:57pm
Freakin' sweet! I just went to the shop today , talked to the guys about my new 250 coming in ( should be here in a couple weeks ). We also had a long discussion about the 17' TC 125 sitting there. It'll be a few months , but I'm getting one of those too! Congrat's on the new bike!
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
2/25/2017 11:20pm
Congrats man. Very nice!
Plugga
2/26/2017 12:15am
Sweet dreams my friend. Cool
markit
2/26/2017 1:43am
Can't beat the small bores for the fun factor, congrats
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
2/26/2017 4:50am
don't forget to mix the gas.

bbbbrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp!!!Woohoo
downard254
2/26/2017 4:55am
Why are those Husky's so damn sexy. Cause I'm telling ya, they are.
305FC250
2/26/2017 5:08am
Thanks everyone! Bikes are loaded up and I'm leaving to the local track now. Can't wait to see what this things got!
mxb2
2/26/2017 11:54am
305FC250 wrote:
Thanks everyone! Bikes are loaded up and I'm leaving to the local track now. Can't wait to see what this things got!
Nice ,congrats. , Rip it up, plz come back with ride review. Thanks.
nytsmaC
2/26/2017 12:00pm
RockyRider wrote:
If only it were a Taco... looks to be a new Canyon or Colorado. Regardless sweet ride(s)!
Nothing against the taco, my sister in law just got one and it's nice, but the new Canyon/Colorado would be my pick too.
305FC250
2/26/2017 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2017 2:20pm
305FC250 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Don't know if I'm qualified to give a legit review but I will say the suspension was night and day difference vs my 2015. The 48s felt way way more plush and responded better to pretty much everything. That said I still don't have much issue with my stock 4CS forks on my 250f and still think they aren't as horrible as some say, just not as good as the 48s.

As for my first time riding a two stroke, it was a blast. The bike fucking rips hard once it gets into its powerband. Let some good B riders run a few laps on it and they were blown away by the power for it being a 125. I still have to get used to the different power band... It feels like a "do or die" type of thing. I need to commit fully to everything on the track and keep that throttle twisted otherwise it falls out of the power. Compared to the four stroke where I found it much easier to go at my own pace whether it be slow or fast. With the 125 it just needs to go fast and nothing else. Still need some more seat time to decide which I like more, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of the 125 making me a better rider.

Seen widespread complaints about the carb and jetting on the 2017s but the guys at the dealer did some tweaking prior to me taking ownership of the bike and I've hardly had to touch today. I think it may need some fine tuning but I'm new to two strokes so I don't really know how to go about it. It just seems like it bogs a lot at lower RPMs and theres a brief moment of bogging/hesitation in the split second before it hits the power band. Not sure if that's normal or not.
mxb2
2/26/2017 2:19pm
305FC250 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
305FC250 wrote:
Don't know if I'm qualified to give a legit review but I will say the suspension was night and day difference vs my 2015. The 48s...
Don't know if I'm qualified to give a legit review but I will say the suspension was night and day difference vs my 2015. The 48s felt way way more plush and responded better to pretty much everything. That said I still don't have much issue with my stock 4CS forks on my 250f and still think they aren't as horrible as some say, just not as good as the 48s.

As for my first time riding a two stroke, it was a blast. The bike fucking rips hard once it gets into its powerband. Let some good B riders run a few laps on it and they were blown away by the power for it being a 125. I still have to get used to the different power band... It feels like a "do or die" type of thing. I need to commit fully to everything on the track and keep that throttle twisted otherwise it falls out of the power. Compared to the four stroke where I found it much easier to go at my own pace whether it be slow or fast. With the 125 it just needs to go fast and nothing else. Still need some more seat time to decide which I like more, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of the 125 making me a better rider.

Seen widespread complaints about the carb and jetting on the 2017s but the guys at the dealer did some tweaking prior to me taking ownership of the bike and I've hardly had to touch today. I think it may need some fine tuning but I'm new to two strokes so I don't really know how to go about it. It just seems like it bogs a lot at lower RPMs and theres a brief moment of bogging/hesitation in the split second before it hits the power band. Not sure if that's normal or not.
Nice man, sounds awesome, congrats again, keep rippin.
Mini Elsinore
2/26/2017 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2017 7:59pm
RockyRider wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
Nothing against the taco, my sister in law just got one and it's nice, but the new Canyon/Colorado would be my pick too.
My bad, but a sweet Chevy/GMC.
I keep my Taco's on average for 10 years/150k. I always have a waiting buyer...
Will be interesting to see how the 2 compare in value 1, 3, 5 and 10 years out.
jeffro503
2/26/2017 8:08pm
305FC250 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
305FC250 wrote:
Don't know if I'm qualified to give a legit review but I will say the suspension was night and day difference vs my 2015. The 48s...

You'll get it figured out. Once you get her running as well as you can , most everything else will be considered " re-learning ". I did the same when I hopped off my 450 , and rode the 250 2 stroke. Shift points are quite a bit different , she has no engine braking what so ever and you learn to not shut the throttle all the way off. I would think that is even way more relevant on a 125....even if you're not on the pipe , try to keep some amount of power going to the rear wheel.

I know saying , and doing it are two completely different things. And I'll be in your shoes trying to re-learn how to ride a 125 soon enough. But that's the fun part! I myself can't freakin' wait!
Bruce372
2/26/2017 8:29pm
Congrats on the new bike....at least I wasn't the only person to buy a 2017 husky with the dealer installed fork stickers on upside down....you didn't buy it from Wilson's in clovis???
nytsmaC
2/26/2017 9:11pm
RockyRider wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
My bad, but a sweet Chevy/GMC. I keep my Taco's on average for 10 years/150k. I always have a waiting buyer... Will be interesting to see...
That's a different story, no argument there! Toyota definitely builds a better wuality vehicle than GM.

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread, that's a bad ass new bike! Those new Husky's just look bad ass. Get that carb sorted as well as can be and if all else fails spring formthe 144 kit and you'll throw rocks at your 250f.
captmoto
2/26/2017 11:05pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Freakin' sweet! I just went to the shop today , talked to the guys about my new 250 coming in ( should be here in a...
Freakin' sweet! I just went to the shop today , talked to the guys about my new 250 coming in ( should be here in a couple weeks ). We also had a long discussion about the 17' TC 125 sitting there. It'll be a few months , but I'm getting one of those too! Congrat's on the new bike!
Where do you ride in Portland?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
2/27/2017 2:59am
Spoke with my virtual wallet (PayPal) last week .. Haven't gotten to ride it yet

305FC250
2/27/2017 3:59am
nytsmaC wrote:
My bad, but a sweet Chevy/GMC. I keep my Taco's on average for 10 years/150k. I always have a waiting buyer... Will be interesting to see...
nytsmaC wrote:
That's a different story, no argument there! Toyota definitely builds a better wuality vehicle than GM. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread, that's a bad...
That's a different story, no argument there! Toyota definitely builds a better wuality vehicle than GM.

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread, that's a bad ass new bike! Those new Husky's just look bad ass. Get that carb sorted as well as can be and if all else fails spring formthe 144 kit and you'll throw rocks at your 250f.
I actually compared the Tacoma (the one I initially wanted) with the GM twins and felt the interior quality and design of the Tacoma to be far far behind my Canyon even though they both had the same price tag... The GM engine is also more powerful while maintaining a slightly better mpg rating and the truck is still rated to tow more than the Tacoma. I was debating leasing so I got 3 year projected residual values on both trucks and they were less than $1000 apart (advantage to the Tacoma). But these GM twins easily give the Tacoma a run for it's money in terms of quality and performance. I'd very much recommend it. I think Toyotas great reputation has allowed them to get to comfortable and stagnant in recent years and it's allowed the competition to catch up and surpass them.
305FC250
2/27/2017 4:11am
Bruce372 wrote:
Congrats on the new bike....at least I wasn't the only person to buy a 2017 husky with the dealer installed fork stickers on upside down....you didn't...
Congrats on the new bike....at least I wasn't the only person to buy a 2017 husky with the dealer installed fork stickers on upside down....you didn't buy it from Wilson's in clovis???
Nope, not sure where that is. I got it from a local dealer in Miami. Great bunch of guys. I didn't realize the fork decals were upside down I've seen pictures of pros bikes that have them like that. Regardless I still think they look good but now it might bother me knowing they're not right lol. Might get new ones.
mxb2
2/27/2017 6:13am
Bruce372 wrote:
Congrats on the new bike....at least I wasn't the only person to buy a 2017 husky with the dealer installed fork stickers on upside down....you didn't...
305FC250 wrote:
Nope, not sure where that is. I got it from a local dealer in Miami. Great bunch of guys. I didn't realize the fork decals were...
Nope, not sure where that is. I got it from a local dealer in Miami. Great bunch of guys. I didn't realize the fork decals were upside down I've seen pictures of pros bikes that have them like that. Regardless I still think they look good but now it might bother me knowing they're not right lol. Might get new ones.
Yea, fix those fork stickers. Lol. My OCD wdnt let me ride it until they were correctTongueTongue

Post a reply to: Another "Spoke with my wallet thread"...

The Latest