Another Romain Febvre topic but...

7/27/2015 4:38am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 5:57pm
... This guy is awesome:

|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2761st
7/27/2015 4:49am
His pass on Bobby in the second moto was sick too.

The way he drifted around that flat corner was a thing of beauty
Whip
Fantasy
3201st
7/27/2015 4:51am
Whip
Fantasy
3201st
7/27/2015 4:57am
Edit:

The Shop

Madmax31
Fantasy
80th
7/27/2015 5:12am
Just started paying attention to GP's this year. Where did he come from? I think I heard he was a lites rider last year? How was he on the small bike?
struth
7/27/2015 5:14am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 5:16am
Think finished fourth last year.

Febvre gets better n better every year.
7/27/2015 5:15am
Madmax31 wrote:
Just started paying attention to GP's this year. Where did he come from? I think I heard he was a lites rider last year? How was...
Just started paying attention to GP's this year. Where did he come from? I think I heard he was a lites rider last year? How was he on the small bike?
Romain was 3rd in MX2 last year , he had 1 moto win .... but looks like the 450 suits him so much better as the 250
agn5009
7/27/2015 5:25am
Romain is the next big thing. This guy is the real deal. He's going to be a multi time champion by the end of his career. I'd love to see him (like all of the other top guys) head to the USA and race.
7/27/2015 5:41am
Febvre is a huge talent in MXGP this year , yet i want to see how he does when all top riders are back like Nagl,Cairoli and Desalle when tey are 100% fit ....he started winning when those guys got injured . So im curious to see where he is at when they are back... he is gonna be the champ this year , no doubt and he deserves it .
mehow2g
7/27/2015 5:51am
Febvre is absolutely ridiculous, he rides balls out all day.
Liam57
7/27/2015 5:52am
Febvre is a huge talent in MXGP this year , yet i want to see how he does when all top riders are back like Nagl,Cairoli...
Febvre is a huge talent in MXGP this year , yet i want to see how he does when all top riders are back like Nagl,Cairoli and Desalle when tey are 100% fit ....he started winning when those guys got injured . So im curious to see where he is at when they are back... he is gonna be the champ this year , no doubt and he deserves it .
He beat them all at matterley basin in the second Morowhen they were all fully fit? And the GP before in Spain he went past cairoli before he stalled it? Still ended up 2nd
7/27/2015 5:59am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 6:02am
Febvre is a huge talent in MXGP this year , yet i want to see how he does when all top riders are back like Nagl,Cairoli...
Liam57 wrote:
He beat them all at matterley basin in the second Morowhen they were all fully fit? And the GP before in Spain he went past cairoli...
He beat them all at matterley basin in the second Morowhen they were all fully fit? And the GP before in Spain he went past cairoli before he stalled it? Still ended up 2nd
i know , he won a moto ... but all latest results are without those guys ... forgot how Nagl was dominating before the British GP ? he and Desalle were constant battling for wins ...Febvre was fifth in the championship at that moment , after that Desalle ,Nagl and Cairoli went out ... he started winning , so obvious he is the fastest at the moment .
Liam57
7/27/2015 6:22am
Will be interesting to see how he goes when they are all back fully fit... Think he's so high on confidence at the moment!
Xsenter
7/27/2015 6:25am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 6:26am
Roman Febvre is the real deal...nothing to argue there ! I've seen his progress all season. Also watched him live at the Swedish GP. The way he attacks the track reminds a lot of cairoli and other top riders. He is very precise and calculated. Specially on hardpack. Amazing throttle control.

And still he reminds humble and smart after the success of late. No cockiness or bullshit like some others

And c'mon ...Paulin, Strijbos, Bobbryshev, Van Horebeek, Frossard, Simpson etc etc...all previous GP winners seems to have nothing for him.

If you doubt him it's time to wake up !
Liam57
7/27/2015 6:40am
I look forward to seeing him ride the deep sand at lommel!
seth505
Fantasy
1093rd
7/27/2015 7:20am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 7:20am
Really good racing there!

Is it me (maybe I've only seen clips and not enough full races) but does Desalle seem to really look around/concentrate on other riders around him? Seems really good at riding a wide bike/crossing track in front of other dudes.
TMV
7/27/2015 7:55am
There are 3 GP riders known to be particularly difficult to pass: Butron, Philippaerts, Desalle.
7/27/2015 8:04am
Whip wrote:
Edit: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/27/98873/s1200_yamaha_nos.jpg[/img]
Edit:

Excellent edit
7/27/2015 8:13am
He deserves all he gets, gotta be in it to win it and he is balls deep.

If he performs on the 450 in the sand we may just have a new phenom.

I'm not buying that he wouldn't be competitive with the others back either, bobby is going about as quick as anybody has all season right now and Desalle was up to his normal pace, neither had an answer for him, yamaha are on a tear and things have just fallen into place at the right time.

Here's something that was irrefutably realised this weekend, it's the first time in a looooooong time that KTM won't have a title in the GP series.
7/27/2015 10:57am
And there's an impressive stats about him now: he won 9 out of the last 13 motos. Since his first win in Great Britain, his results looks like that:

1/2/1/1/6/1/2/1/1/8/1/1/1
DanDunes818
7/27/2015 11:22am
I don't want this title to look like Steve Ramon's '07 in the history books. This is totally different. Romain was slowly (or quickly depending on how you look at it) beginning to run with Desalle, Nagl, Cairoli, Villopoto, before they all got hurt. In my opinion there is no asterisk on any Championship, but especially not on this one. If all four of those riders returned to full strength tomorrow, I'm not sure they could handle Romain with his current level of confidence. The kids a beast at the moment.
7/27/2015 11:49am
He's been back to MX in 2010, and finished 7th in the France National Championship that Year, who was won by Frossard over Teillet...
TMV
7/27/2015 11:52am
Since when is he riding MX? Wasn't he a supermoto rider back in the days?
I posted this a few weeks ago:

"Romain started moto at 6 years old, did 4th overall of the French Minivert championship (65cc) around 2004/2005 then quit motocross in 2006 cause of a knee injury and discovered Supermoto wich was less physical so better for his knee. He rode Supermoto for 3 years, became French 125cc champion right away, the second year he won the German Junior and 450 championships on a 250 (2 stroke I think) and the last year did 4th overall of the German S1 championship. He came back to MX in 2010 cause he missed it and his knee felt much better. He did the French Elite championship with a podium at the end of the season behind Frossard and Teillet and some races in Begium but could only train on week-ends cause was still at school which was far from his home (mechanic studies). He became European MX2 champion the year after (2011) with only 3 points on Dylan Ferrandis."
jamma10
7/27/2015 12:11pm
He deserves all he gets, gotta be in it to win it and he is balls deep. If he performs on the 450 in the sand...
He deserves all he gets, gotta be in it to win it and he is balls deep.

If he performs on the 450 in the sand we may just have a new phenom.

I'm not buying that he wouldn't be competitive with the others back either, bobby is going about as quick as anybody has all season right now and Desalle was up to his normal pace, neither had an answer for him, yamaha are on a tear and things have just fallen into place at the right time.

Here's something that was irrefutably realised this weekend, it's the first time in a looooooong time that KTM won't have a title in the GP series.
He beat Cairoli in the sand around January/February of this year.

I think it was one of the Italian Championship rounds, miserable bloody weather too if I remember correctly.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
179th
7/27/2015 1:23pm
Liam57 wrote:
He beat them all at matterley basin in the second Morowhen they were all fully fit? And the GP before in Spain he went past cairoli...
i know , he won a moto ... but all latest results are without those guys ... forgot how Nagl was dominating before the British GP...
i know , he won a moto ... but all latest results are without those guys ... forgot how Nagl was dominating before the British GP ? he and Desalle were constant battling for wins ...Febvre was fifth in the championship at that moment , after that Desalle ,Nagl and Cairoli went out ... he started winning , so obvious he is the fastest at the moment .
He's a rookie after all, so he started the season slowly and got better and better.
Plus he was injured during the off season so he came in a bit unprepared. You can tell just by watching his bike at races like argentina, it's all over the place and now the suspension works perfectly.
He will be a huge force in 2016 no matter who lines up, I believe
7/27/2015 1:29pm
yeah i know , but what i meant was ..would he lead the championship if desalle ,cairoli and nagl didnt get injured ?
there is no doubt about Febvre and his skills and speed etc ...
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
7/27/2015 2:31pm
When TC,MN,CD and RV were battling it out, he was not around. He has obvisouly improved since then. I do not think he will carry a mental advantage that a champ usually has on all of those guys above sans the retired one of course. Will be fun to watch next year again. Right now no one is on his level expect for the guy that just got back and did better than he had any right too. (25)
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
7/27/2015 2:31pm
yeah i know , but what i meant was ..would he lead the championship if desalle ,cairoli and nagl didnt get injured ? there is no...
yeah i know , but what i meant was ..would he lead the championship if desalle ,cairoli and nagl didnt get injured ?
there is no doubt about Febvre and his skills and speed etc ...
Plus RV.
7/27/2015 2:39pm
Thanks TMV. I only remembered him coming up as a MX rookie at the german Bodo Schmidt Team which is also in Supermoto. I hope his knee stays healthy as long as possible.

Post a reply to: Another Romain Febvre topic but...

The Latest