Another 'Dungey is great' thread.

71Fish
Edited Date/Time 3/15/2015 1:14pm
I know some of you guys bust a spring any time there are multiple threads on the same topic. Fair warning, this is another Dungey thread. If you continue reading and blow a gasket it's your own problem. And if you call me wrong and an idiot because you don't agree or because what I'm writing is painfully obvious, also your own fault.

The top 5-10 guys are every bit as fast as Dungey. The difference, AS I SEE IT, is Dungey makes far fewer mistakes. I know, obvious, right? Seeley was tracking Dungey in the early laps, then a bobble and loss of a couple of tenths. Another bobble, another couple of tenths lost. The further away Dungey gets, the more frustrated Seeley (or whomever is behind him) gets, the more mistakes he makes. Over the course of 20 laps, that really adds up.

There is a saying in Jiu Jitsu, "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". Dungey said so himself that it looks like he isn't working very hard when he watches videos of himself. It's because he is so damn smooth. Watching a smooth, experienced black belt compared to me (a blue belt) is like night and day. Smooth and no noticeable mistakes. That's Dungey on a bike.

|
Zracer
3/15/2015 9:03am
Well pulling the holeshot, which is like hitting you opponent in the face 3 times to start a fight, is a nice advantage to start with as well.
Outsider
3/15/2015 10:57am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2015 10:57am
So smooth he induces a comatose like state in viewers..

Kidding!
ATKpilot99
3/15/2015 11:13am
Zracer wrote:
Well pulling the holeshot, which is like hitting you opponent in the face 3 times to start a fight, is a nice advantage to start with...
Well pulling the holeshot, which is like hitting you opponent in the face 3 times to start a fight, is a nice advantage to start with as well.
I think Short got the holeshot but Dungey got around him quickly which is a change from the past. Dungey used to follow riders he should pass for too long and get passed by riders he would end up having to pass back later in the race. He seems more aggressive in the first few laps now.

The Shop

olds cool
3/15/2015 11:15am
The little things add up over the course of 20 laps, like the OP said. One thing that struck me last night was the way RD negotiated the wall jump/obstacle. Everyone but him (that I saw) would kind of do their braking at the base of it, let the rear wheel coast over the top and then get back on the gas after the rear wheel cleared. Multiple times I saw RD's rear wheel locked up under braking going up to the top of the wall and as soon as the rear wheel skidded over the top, which appeared to get the front end down and set quicker, he was accelerating hard off of the top. Probably not the best explanation, but it appeared to me he was gaining some time there.
BobPA
3/15/2015 11:18am
Zracer wrote:
Well pulling the holeshot, which is like hitting you opponent in the face 3 times to start a fight, is a nice advantage to start with...
Boom.
chrisbuehler
3/15/2015 11:38am
Outsider wrote:
So smooth he induces a comatose like state in viewers..

Kidding!
You have to be a Dunge hater in every thread? Ha! Jus kidding and I've never called anyone a hater in my life. I'll make a deal with you. I'm cheering in Villo in the GP's, you cheer on Dunge over here
Outsider
3/15/2015 12:42pm
You have to be a Dunge hater in every thread? Ha! Jus kidding and I've never called anyone a hater in my life. I'll make a...
You have to be a Dunge hater in every thread? Ha! Jus kidding and I've never called anyone a hater in my life. I'll make a deal with you. I'm cheering in Villo in the GP's, you cheer on Dunge over here
Yaaay Dungey...

How'd I do? lol. I really don't hate on the guy, he's an awesome rider obviously, he just frustrates the hell out of me!
Sandberm
3/15/2015 12:53pm
Ever since he went to that Sandells resort in Jamaica for his honeymoon hes been a different guy.

Thank God he didnt go to one of those Heathen Swingin places where everybody walks around drunk and half nude.
Hut
3/15/2015 1:03pm
Sandberm wrote:
Ever since he went to that Sandells resort in Jamaica for his honeymoon hes been a different guy. Thank God he didnt go to one of...
Ever since he went to that Sandells resort in Jamaica for his honeymoon hes been a different guy.

Thank God he didnt go to one of those Heathen Swingin places where everybody walks around drunk and half nude.
Might make for interesting TV Laughing

jmx411
3/15/2015 1:06pm
He would beat RV by 20 seconds this year. Wink
Juss
3/15/2015 1:13pm
jmx411 wrote:
Yes, but only in his fucking dreams Laughing
sclark309d
Fantasy
1944th
3/15/2015 1:14pm
jmx411 wrote:
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSHHHHHIIIIIITTTTTTT....
Sandberm
3/15/2015 1:14pm
Sandberm wrote:
Ever since he went to that Sandells resort in Jamaica for his honeymoon hes been a different guy. Thank God he didnt go to one of...

Hut wrote:
Might make for interesting TV :laugh: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/9207/photos/54295/s1600_Hannah_on_the_podium.jpg[/img]
Might make for interesting TV Laughing

Of all the riders in the past 10 or so years, the only one I could see pulling a move like good ole Bob is doing is Grant Langston. I'm confident GL would do a monster girl leather skirt faceplant for the crowds entertainment.

(How sweet are those Pumas DB is wearin'?)

Post a reply to: Another 'Dungey is great' thread.

The Latest