Anderson 450 sx??

hammertime
Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 7:36pm
He was bar none the funnest/gnarliest bright light in last yrs 250 sx. Pure style and aggression. Can he contend this yr against the big boys on the huskey? It was shocking how his indoor/outdoor performances differed. Top 5?
|
9/6/2014 2:19am
I don't think so. It is so incredibly stacked this year. He might peek into it a few races but I wouldn't expect it regularly.

Then again, I didn't think he'd be the animal he was this year either. He's got skills and heart.
machine
9/6/2014 4:20am
I think his size killed him on the starts outdoors on a 250.
Crush
9/6/2014 4:54am
machine wrote:
What do you reckon he weighs?
machine
9/6/2014 5:03am
machine wrote:
Crush wrote:
What do you reckon he weighs?
Dunno, but he looks about Wilsons size don't ya think?...both of them are big on 250's when you got guys like Baggett and Martin to compete against.

The Shop

Crush
9/6/2014 5:20am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2014 5:20am
Yeah I think you're right about size compared to Deano... But I'm not really buying the size thing. Unless it's the complete extreme of the spectrum, ala pocket rocket on Geico... You know you don't see Bagget getting every (or really any) holeshots.

Davi used to pull holeys a lot, even when he was easy the biggest guy in the class 250s or 450s.... Weston says he can't cause he's heavy on a 450. Likewise Martin to Webb. There wouldn't be 5 pounds between them. I don't buy it. Some people are just shit starters.
BobPA
9/6/2014 5:38am
From what I gathered he was injured for a lot of the outdoors. I think he will show some flashes of brilliance this year...and be a solid contender the next.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
9/6/2014 6:19am
Is Anderson moving up a year too early for SX at least?

It seems like last year was his breakout year indoors but he could use another year to perfect it. I commend him and like that he is moving up, maybe he pointed out?
visser62
9/6/2014 7:19am
Ramrod wrote:
Is Anderson moving up a year too early for SX at least? It seems like last year was his breakout year indoors but he could use...
Is Anderson moving up a year too early for SX at least?

It seems like last year was his breakout year indoors but he could use another year to perfect it. I commend him and like that he is moving up, maybe he pointed out?
He pointed out. If you win a championship and have been in the class for three years, you have to move up.
TeamGreen
9/6/2014 9:56am
Jason went to Las Vegas injured...pretty damn bad, too. Been in the Nat's...he wasn't healed up 'til mid-summer.

He looks absolutely insanely FAST on his FC450... Insane.
Wandell
9/6/2014 10:06am
Crush wrote:
Yeah I think you're right about size compared to Deano... But I'm not really buying the size thing. Unless it's the complete extreme of the spectrum...
Yeah I think you're right about size compared to Deano... But I'm not really buying the size thing. Unless it's the complete extreme of the spectrum, ala pocket rocket on Geico... You know you don't see Bagget getting every (or really any) holeshots.

Davi used to pull holeys a lot, even when he was easy the biggest guy in the class 250s or 450s.... Weston says he can't cause he's heavy on a 450. Likewise Martin to Webb. There wouldn't be 5 pounds between them. I don't buy it. Some people are just shit starters.
I dunno. I remember Davi getting bad starts on the 250f in SX and then coming through the pack to win races and a 250f SX title. He then switched to the 450 class for the Nationals and then started pulling holeshots.
As for Anderson, which class is he racing in SX? I think it would be smart to put him on the 250 for SX and then let him race the 450 outdoors.
TeamGreen
9/6/2014 10:55am
Crush wrote:
Yeah I think you're right about size compared to Deano... But I'm not really buying the size thing. Unless it's the complete extreme of the spectrum...

Wandell wrote:
I dunno. I remember Davi getting bad starts on the 250f in SX and then coming through the pack to win races and a 250f SX...
I dunno. I remember Davi getting bad starts on the 250f in SX and then coming through the pack to win races and a 250f SX title. He then switched to the 450 class for the Nationals and then started pulling holeshots.
As for Anderson, which class is he racing in SX? I think it would be smart to put him on the 250 for SX and then let him race the 450 outdoors.
Rockstar Husqvarna FC450
watson
9/6/2014 1:23pm
I think he'll do quite well. Like, wouldn't be surprised if he won a main or two, well. I'm surprised no one has mentioned he's got Aldon Baker in his corner for next year. He should finally be able to be competitive on his starts on the big bike, too.
jim lehey
9/6/2014 6:23pm
i dont want to be the dick who says this. But with his level of aggression and on the edge riding style, im a little nervous about his first year on the big bike. I really hope hes not one of the guys on the sidelines come mid season.
TeamGreen
9/6/2014 6:27pm
jim lehey wrote:
i dont want to be the dick who says this. But with his level of aggression and on the edge riding style, im a little nervous...
i dont want to be the dick who says this. But with his level of aggression and on the edge riding style, im a little nervous about his first year on the big bike. I really hope hes not one of the guys on the sidelines come mid season.
We all had the same comments & concerns about Barcia. Jason's got the best riding coach I can think of in this situation...

Jeff Ward
The Rock
9/6/2014 6:29pm
Wandell wrote:
I dunno. I remember Davi getting bad starts on the 250f in SX and then coming through the pack to win races and a 250f SX...
I think it would be smart to put him on the 250 for SX and then let him race the 450 outdoors.

Couldn't agree more.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
9/6/2014 6:34pm
Wandell wrote:
The Rock wrote:
I think it would be smart to put him on the 250 for SX and then let him race the 450 outdoors.

Couldn't agree more.
Not possible. Pointed out.
machine
9/8/2014 7:09pm
Crush wrote:

Crush
9/8/2014 7:20pm
Yeah saw it this morning.

How much do you reckon he weighed in 2011? Or even Eli last year looked similar... Or how much did Davi weigh in 2005/6 when he was winning races on a 250eff? Or KW in 95/96/97... Or Lechien when he was on an old ass 125?

I mean he won races in supercross, surely that'd be more of an issue where it's absolute acceleration out of corners.

I'm not saying it's not a disadvantage, Obviously it's 30 pounds, but Deano did it before as did others. There are heaps of reasons he's had a rough year, injuries etc but regardless the results haven't been there and his riding hasn't really been either. I'm a huge Deano fan, love watching him ride, especially as a taller guy, I think it's cool. Just don't agree that the power is such a struggle.
Crush
9/8/2014 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 7:23pm
One thing I will be interested to see is if this arm pump thing continues to be an issue.

I know when my knees went past the seat arm pump became more of an issue for me...
machine
9/8/2014 7:30pm
Crush wrote:
Yeah saw it this morning. How much do you reckon he weighed in 2011? Or even Eli last year looked similar... Or how much did Davi...
Yeah saw it this morning.

How much do you reckon he weighed in 2011? Or even Eli last year looked similar... Or how much did Davi weigh in 2005/6 when he was winning races on a 250eff? Or KW in 95/96/97... Or Lechien when he was on an old ass 125?

I mean he won races in supercross, surely that'd be more of an issue where it's absolute acceleration out of corners.

I'm not saying it's not a disadvantage, Obviously it's 30 pounds, but Deano did it before as did others. There are heaps of reasons he's had a rough year, injuries etc but regardless the results haven't been there and his riding hasn't really been either. I'm a huge Deano fan, love watching him ride, especially as a taller guy, I think it's cool. Just don't agree that the power is such a struggle.
There are many that race that do say it makes a difference honestly. I am not a pro obviously, but I'll take their word for it.. Smile

I do think he's grown, since 2011 just like Eli, Malcolm and Anderson have. They were all getting pretty big for the 250f;s "at their level"...imo...

Where I don't see a big difference is Arenacross, look at how Bowers did and he's huge for an MX rider. Wilson couldn't seem to get a start in SX either, I can't help but think it does make some difference.
machine
9/8/2014 7:31pm
Crush wrote:
One thing I will be interested to see is if this arm pump thing continues to be an issue. I know when my knees went past...
One thing I will be interested to see is if this arm pump thing continues to be an issue.

I know when my knees went past the seat arm pump became more of an issue for me...
That explains it then!!!...no wonder I get arm pump, It can't be that i'm out of shape...WhistlingTongue
Crush
9/8/2014 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2014 7:37pm
haha... Yep. Arm pump is a bitch...

Yeah see I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference... But the fact that Anderson and Deano have gotten holeys in both MX and SX as recent as this year, and guys who would weigh way way less, like Bagget, Webb, Osborne have gotten shitty ones says to me that it is more about technique. Even Zach Bell didn't holeshot EVERY moto... and like you say about Bowers... that's stop start acceleration, he seems to be ok and the slower stuff is where it'd make a difference as opposed to outdoors where they've got momentum.

Post a reply to: Anderson 450 sx??

The Latest