Analyze This Chad Reed Dream

Detroit Dick
4/16/2017 9:07am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2017 6:35am
Okay fellow Vitards, I recently had a pretty strange moto dream and I'm not sure what it "means", if anything. However, one thing I am sure of is that the regulars here will have some entertaining interpretations to help make sense of it. Please post your analysis if you're so inclined...here we go..

Dream starts with me turning some tortoise-like laps at Milestone on my trusty 2smoker, the place is deserted and I'm enjoying having the track to myself. I'm having trouble with both of my boots coming unbuckled at random times, so I pull off to deal with the problem and find Chad Reed setting up his EZ-up right next to mine. I give him a friendly "Good Morning", but otherwise don't acknowledge that I have any idea who he is. Chad goes out to get some laps in while I'm trying to fix the buckles on my boots. After failing to fix the boots I decide to duct tape the buckles closed, and go out for some more laps. It's just Reed and I on the track, and he's lapping me every 2 laps or so, and giving a hearty "Yeeehaw!!" every time he goes by me. We both pull off to rest, and start a little friendly banter while sitting on the tailgates of our trucks (I don't even own a truck at the moment). Chad asks about my boot problem, and when I explain, he tells me he's gonna rest a bit, and that I should try his boots for a few laps. I accept his offer, and while I'm "booting up" he then suggests I take his factory Yammie for a spin. I, of course accept, and go spin a couple of cautious laps, completely blown away by the entire turn of events, and the all-round awesomeness of his factory bike. I pull off and realize I'm gonna be late to pick my kids up from school if I don't leave quickly, so I load my bike and gear up fast, thank Chad for his generosity, and head back to L.A. As I'm picking up my son at school I glance into the bed of my truck and realize I still have Reed's boots back there!.... mortified, I call him immediately (don't know how I got his number) and he's absolutely furious with me, turns out he's broken his ankle while wearing some boots he borrowed, and blames me for the injury, and the fact that his season is now over. I apologize profusely,
but he's having none of it, and is cussing me out and threatening both legal action and physical violence. At that point I counter with: "Look you're a professional, and you shouldn't have been on the track in boots you thought were unsafe, if you'd care to name the place, I'll return your boots, but you'll have to clean em' off after I put one firmly up your ass".....end of dream. Disclaimer: While never a huge fan of Chad's, I very much respect the guy. Okay guys and gals, have at it..

|
Crush
4/16/2017 9:15am
I sincerely mean this as someone who has a fucking ridiculous amount of posts here.

Step away from the keyboard, and spend some time doing something else.
Electro21
Fantasy
66th
4/16/2017 9:17am
Crush wrote:
I sincerely mean this as someone who has a fucking ridiculous amount of posts here. Step away from the keyboard, and spend some time doing something...
I sincerely mean this as someone who has a fucking ridiculous amount of posts here.

Step away from the keyboard, and spend some time doing something else.
Ha! I was thinking the same!
RbR
4/16/2017 9:35am
Analysis: You are in love with Chad and want to have his baby. You kept his boots intentionally to ensure you two meet up again. j/k

Crap your dream is highly developed. My moto dreams are more rudimentary; my race is about to start and I don't have my gear on, then I wake up in a panic. OR, I hit a jump and keep going up like a hot air balloon, then I wake up in a panic.

Oh, one more thing ... paragraphs make for easier reading.
tickleme20
4/16/2017 9:58am
Ok, I'll take a stab:

You have been tasked to fulfill a responsibility that you feel is overwhelming/over your head. You fear failure. You wish to perform perfectly, even though you somewhat resent said responsibility. There is conflict between this responsibility and your family/personal life. You are also apprehensive of any changes, positive or negative, resulting from how you handle this responsibility.

In a nutshell, you are torn between your own personal life and family and the wish to perform well/progress in an arena outside your own personal comfort zone.

The Shop

kkawboy14
4/16/2017 10:01am
Interpretation:

There is going to be 7 years of plenty, followed by 7 years of drought. Then you will lose your kingdom!
F.B
4/16/2017 10:03am
You should PM Raptorguy and start a moto boots fetishists club. You want to put your boots up Reed's ass, he wants people sticking their boots in his face, seems like a good fit.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/How-many-pairs-of-MX-boot…

And apparently he also has weird fantasies about Reed:

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/You-want-different-How-ab…

Sounds like the beginning of a a long and messed up "friendship". Grinning
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
4/16/2017 10:15am
Sociopath kind of stuff!
nytsmaC
4/16/2017 10:27am
tickleme20 wrote:
Ok, I'll take a stab: You have been tasked to fulfill a responsibility that you feel is overwhelming/over your head. You fear failure. You wish to...
Ok, I'll take a stab:

You have been tasked to fulfill a responsibility that you feel is overwhelming/over your head. You fear failure. You wish to perform perfectly, even though you somewhat resent said responsibility. There is conflict between this responsibility and your family/personal life. You are also apprehensive of any changes, positive or negative, resulting from how you handle this responsibility.

In a nutshell, you are torn between your own personal life and family and the wish to perform well/progress in an arena outside your own personal comfort zone.
This. Either that or you are a raging homosexual.
JB 19
4/16/2017 10:59am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2017 11:00am
Holy shit, I can't stop laughing.

I'm just picturing the part where you drive off with Chad's boots and he then has no choice but to cut some 30 minute motos in some 28 year old floppy HiPoints. Grinning
Detroit Dick
4/16/2017 11:15am
tickleme20 wrote:
Ok, I'll take a stab: You have been tasked to fulfill a responsibility that you feel is overwhelming/over your head. You fear failure. You wish to...
Ok, I'll take a stab:

Damn, you're good...a few weeks ago I started a new career that's got a steep learning curve, and have been putting in 12/14 hour days to get up to speed and establish myself as a competent professional. I'm used to having time with my kids most every day, and have been feeling some guilt for the change in my schedule. I'm doing well so far, but still need to kick it up a notch or two to feel secure in the gig and be able to get some more time with the family....what line of work did you say you were in?.....
kkawboy14
4/16/2017 12:08pm
tickleme20 wrote:
Ok, I'll take a stab:

Damn, you're good...a few weeks ago I started a new career that's got a steep learning curve, and have been putting in 12/14 hour days to...
Damn, you're good...a few weeks ago I started a new career that's got a steep learning curve, and have been putting in 12/14 hour days to get up to speed and establish myself as a competent professional. I'm used to having time with my kids most every day, and have been feeling some guilt for the change in my schedule. I'm doing well so far, but still need to kick it up a notch or two to feel secure in the gig and be able to get some more time with the family....what line of work did you say you were in?.....
Are you Nyk Wey? Smile
tickleme20
4/17/2017 7:34am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2017 7:50am
tickleme20 wrote:
Ok, I'll take a stab:

Damn, you're good...a few weeks ago I started a new career that's got a steep learning curve, and have been putting in 12/14 hour days to...
Wow, crazy! I love dream analysis and your dream got me excited bc it was so vivid and symbolic. I haven't interpreted any in a while. I'm in journalism these days but I've always been really fascinated by dreams, and used to interpret them for friends in college. It's amazing how the subconscious makes these really complex connections that our conscious minds can't always understand right away. Chad Reed is just the perfect metaphor for a challenging job you respect on a mental level yet despise on an emotional level.

Take care for real though; you'll be cruising comfortably in those Chad Reed boots in no time (minus the asshole parts, I hope, lol)!Grinning
motosurf
4/17/2017 7:51am
You need a girl man
MR. X
4/17/2017 8:19am
I once had a dream that I was supposed to mount a 4 barrel carburetor on my dogs snout , in the dream I knew it went there but could not figure how it mounted.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
4/17/2017 9:16am
Milestone? Really? When the hell does Chad ride at milestone? Grinning
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/17/2017 10:00am
I'm amazed at the level of detail you remember.

I have a theory about dreams, and why people quickly forget them when they wake up in the morning. I believe it's so that they don't get stored in long-term memory, so the dreamer doesn't start blurring the lines between what was in the dream, and what's real.

Like I said, it's just a theory.
jndmx
4/17/2017 10:40am

Just sayin....

MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
4/17/2017 11:10am
GuyB wrote:
I'm amazed at the level of detail you remember. I have a theory about dreams, and why people quickly forget them when they wake up in...
I'm amazed at the level of detail you remember.

I have a theory about dreams, and why people quickly forget them when they wake up in the morning. I believe it's so that they don't get stored in long-term memory, so the dreamer doesn't start blurring the lines between what was in the dream, and what's real.

Like I said, it's just a theory.
It's easier to remember the more intense ones I think. I bet you this was an intense one for OP.
4/17/2017 11:31am
F.B wrote:
You should PM Raptorguy and start a moto boots fetishists club. You want to put your boots up Reed's ass, he wants people sticking their boots...
You should PM Raptorguy and start a moto boots fetishists club. You want to put your boots up Reed's ass, he wants people sticking their boots in his face, seems like a good fit.

Holy shit, that boot thread is a fucking gem.
SEE ARE125
4/17/2017 12:21pm
MR. X wrote:
I once had a dream that I was supposed to mount a 4 barrel carburetor on my dogs snout , in the dream I knew it...
I once had a dream that I was supposed to mount a 4 barrel carburetor on my dogs snout , in the dream I knew it went there but could not figure how it mounted.
I wish you could've figured it out. I'm now curious if it would have made him run any faster. I'd like to think so, but I also think he would've just squealed and been kinda upset about the whole deal.
MR. X
4/17/2017 5:03pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I wish you could've figured it out. I'm now curious if it would have made him run any faster. I'd like to think so, but I...
I wish you could've figured it out. I'm now curious if it would have made him run any faster. I'd like to think so, but I also think he would've just squealed and been kinda upset about the whole deal.
He was a 55 pound mutt ,probably would have been too much carburetor ,he would have just smoked and bogged real bad.
F.B
4/17/2017 5:32pm
F.B wrote:
You should PM Raptorguy and start a moto boots fetishists club. You want to put your boots up Reed's ass, he wants people sticking their boots...

Holy shit, that boot thread is a fucking gem.
Haha yes WTF?
oldblood
4/17/2017 8:18pm
Not sure about the dream. But I'm still laughing about you'r assessment of Vince's singing. Damn I think even Vince would laugh at that! Funny shit right there bro!
Fourth_Floor
4/17/2017 8:27pm
tickleme20 wrote:
Ok, I'll take a stab:

tickleme20 wrote:
Wow, crazy! I love dream analysis and your dream got me excited bc it was so vivid and symbolic. I haven't interpreted any in a while...
Wow, crazy! I love dream analysis and your dream got me excited bc it was so vivid and symbolic. I haven't interpreted any in a while. I'm in journalism these days but I've always been really fascinated by dreams, and used to interpret them for friends in college. It's amazing how the subconscious makes these really complex connections that our conscious minds can't always understand right away. Chad Reed is just the perfect metaphor for a challenging job you respect on a mental level yet despise on an emotional level.

Take care for real though; you'll be cruising comfortably in those Chad Reed boots in no time (minus the asshole parts, I hope, lol)!Grinning
My moto dreams generally involve me over jumping the ever living shit out of something.

My brother had a dream one time he was sucking a girls tit and salsa started coming out of it. Analysis please??
skypig
4/17/2017 11:43pm
Like others my Moto dreams are simple and seem to be either:

1. I'm late for the start line.
Or
2. I can wheelie like Doug Domokis (I prefer this one)
brash
4/18/2017 12:52am
You are fully torqued for Chad bro.
doofy
4/18/2017 6:35am
MR. X wrote:
I once had a dream that I was supposed to mount a 4 barrel carburetor on my dogs snout , in the dream I knew it...
Lmfao what the fuck.. that sounds like something that would happen inside my head
RD757
4/18/2017 7:11am
Did you hold him up when he tried to lap you?
skypig
4/18/2017 7:25am
RD757 wrote:
Did you hold him up when he tried to lap you?
Oh, that's good!
I'm laughing too hard to type (almost)

Funny as hell, and I'm an Aussie, and a huge CR22 fan.
(A little less since his "road block lapper" act)

Post a reply to: Analyze This Chad Reed Dream

The Latest