Amazon Firestick for mx/sx

Honda11
I recently cancelled my Directv and got a jailbroken Firestick. Does anyone else have one and know of some good apps for mx/sx? Apps that cover live races would be great, but I am looking for an app that may have archives of motos from past seasons to watch while working out. Right now I am just using the YouTube app to watch motos, but I was just curious if someone has put together a better app for moto.
|
hillbilly
9/29/2016 5:28pm
I use one for all racing.

All the streams i use are under "castaway" then click on live sport.

Under that is a bunch,about 10 links. I open one,click on motorsport and a list of races that are coming up appears.

Click on what you want and sometimes there will be 10 streams. I start huntin' and peckin' then.

My daughter's bf loaded this stuff so how it is done,no idea.

I watch nascar commercial free most of the time so those are backhaul feeds.

Also, "exodus' has channels listed that are streamed,nbcsn,eurosport,skysport.

We have the nbcsn app also, and ama proracing.

All this stuff appears when you launch "kodi" so that has to be on there.

If i wasn't shown how to use it there would been no way i would figured it out.

I'm going to watch the petite lemans and speedwaygp this weekend while drinking warm milk and cookies,hehe.
Honda11
9/29/2016 5:33pm
hillbilly wrote:
I use one for all racing. All the streams i use are under "castaway" then click on live sport. Under that is a bunch,about 10 links...
I use one for all racing.

All the streams i use are under "castaway" then click on live sport.

Under that is a bunch,about 10 links. I open one,click on motorsport and a list of races that are coming up appears.

Click on what you want and sometimes there will be 10 streams. I start huntin' and peckin' then.

My daughter's bf loaded this stuff so how it is done,no idea.

I watch nascar commercial free most of the time so those are backhaul feeds.

Also, "exodus' has channels listed that are streamed,nbcsn,eurosport,skysport.

We have the nbcsn app also, and ama proracing.

All this stuff appears when you launch "kodi" so that has to be on there.

If i wasn't shown how to use it there would been no way i would figured it out.

I'm going to watch the petite lemans and speedwaygp this weekend while drinking warm milk and cookies,hehe.
I have Kodi, and use Exodus for most of my tv shows and movies. This thing is pretty complex and complicated, I am still working on trying to figure out the live streams and the different channels. I will look up Castaway as you mentioned. Are you able to get live streams of any moto? It would be nice to see a Fox Sports 1/2 channel stream!
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
9/29/2016 5:37pm
I'm watching "The last man on earth" right now on Kodi. I live streamed the last McGregor UFC fight. Google anything and there is an extension on Kodi for it.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/29/2016 5:41pm
Watching mx/sx/live TV

Ther have been a few threads with similar questions. The link above is a thread that has some good info in regards to watching after cutting the cable cord. To me, it had some good all around info, FWIW.

The Shop

Honda11
9/29/2016 5:54pm
kzizok wrote:
[url=http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/I-did-it,1306639]Watching mx/sx/live TV[/url] Ther have been a few threads with similar questions. The link above is a thread that has some good info in regards to...
Watching mx/sx/live TV

Ther have been a few threads with similar questions. The link above is a thread that has some good info in regards to watching after cutting the cable cord. To me, it had some good all around info, FWIW.
I just read through that thread! I have tried Hulu, Netflix, SlingTV, and recently bought the jailbroken firestick. I may pay for SlingTV again, since it had Fox sports 1 & 2 in HD for the supercross season if I can't find a good source on my firestick. Vue sounds pretty good as well, but its starting to get back towards the price of cable at $35+ a month.

But, I am glad I am not the only person to get rid of cable. I had Directv for about 4-5 years, paying $100 or so a month, now I cancelled it and pay nothing with my Firestick. I don't watch much TV,other than sx/mx so I couldnt justify paying for cable any longer.
Bennett59
9/29/2016 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2016 6:09pm
Get Kodi on fire stick if your having issues with getting Kodi dl app on phone called App 2 Fire (not sure if iPhone has this app) after that dl Kodi on to smart phone and then use app to send it to fire stick through wifi. Kodi can be little hard at first to figure it out. Personally on are fire stick and android TV box we run Kodi with the Nemsis build 1.8 (super easy to do you can YouTube watch a video that walks you through it. Then you get exodus, Phoenix apps and all that good stuff for Ufc and any show on TV. Then there's also a app hidden within Kodi in respiotry add ons that's an AMA app has mx and sx races if you don't want to stream from the other sources
----As a side note jail breaking the sticks are super easy so need to pay those crazy prices ppl post them for as all the builds are free for anyone to use
yzweldon
9/29/2016 6:19pm
Go to eBay and buy a MXQPRO Android box with full qwerty keyboard, $50 and so much better and easier to use than the firestick, I have both. I still have a hard time finding certain feeds like CBSSN for Moto GP and mxgp. Haven't found any NHRA either.

adastramx
9/29/2016 7:16pm
Playstation Vue, $30/month includes Fox Sports 1 and 2 in HD, also NBCSN for outdoors.
jeffro503
9/29/2016 7:30pm
I wouldn't really recommend the stick....i would get the box. You can upgrade your micro sd to 128gb and and have every app known to man on that thing. I've only had mine a few weeks , and there is a learning curve...but man was it worth it!! I loaded Kodi and once i did that...the things available are incredible.

I did get playstation view ( the big version ) about
$45.00 mo i think. But i can't stand not having a good dvr , so I'm dumping psv and sticking with my $80.00 mo direct tv.

I wish i would of discovered the Amazon fire box sooner! Love it!
slipdog
9/29/2016 7:53pm
I use a Tiger Stream box and find everything on Exodus and Castaway as well as a few others. My AMA Pro Racing app never worked for the races and always said "Link not working".

There was one app called I Stream that I liked the best, but after the box self updated it was replaced with several other stream apps and I had to start over. My fear is once I have everything figured out, it will update to new apps again and I will have to start all over again, LOL
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/29/2016 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2016 8:06pm
kzizok wrote:
[url=http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/I-did-it,1306639]Watching mx/sx/live TV[/url] Ther have been a few threads with similar questions. The link above is a thread that has some good info in regards to...
Watching mx/sx/live TV

Honda11 wrote:
I just read through that thread! I have tried Hulu, Netflix, SlingTV, and recently bought the jailbroken firestick. I may pay for SlingTV again, since it...
I just read through that thread! I have tried Hulu, Netflix, SlingTV, and recently bought the jailbroken firestick. I may pay for SlingTV again, since it had Fox sports 1 & 2 in HD for the supercross season if I can't find a good source on my firestick. Vue sounds pretty good as well, but its starting to get back towards the price of cable at $35+ a month.

But, I am glad I am not the only person to get rid of cable. I had Directv for about 4-5 years, paying $100 or so a month, now I cancelled it and pay nothing with my Firestick. I don't watch much TV,other than sx/mx so I couldnt justify paying for cable any longer.
Good points. To me, its good to know there are a lot of options to pick and choose from which fits all types of scenarios.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
9/29/2016 10:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I wouldn't really recommend the stick....i would get the box. You can upgrade your micro sd to 128gb and and have every app known to man...
I wouldn't really recommend the stick....i would get the box. You can upgrade your micro sd to 128gb and and have every app known to man on that thing. I've only had mine a few weeks , and there is a learning curve...but man was it worth it!! I loaded Kodi and once i did that...the things available are incredible.

$45.00 mo i think. But i can't stand not having a good dvr , so I'm dumping psv and sticking with my $80.00 mo direct tv.

Jeffor, why not just pay one time for a TIVO dvr? Cheaper in the long run. Or did DTV come back to you with one of their "smoking deals" that they won't offer unless you are leaving them?
jeffro503
9/29/2016 10:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I wouldn't really recommend the stick....i would get the box. You can upgrade your micro sd to 128gb and and have every app known to man...

TbonesPop wrote:
Jeffor, why not just pay one time for a TIVO dvr? Cheaper in the long run. Or did DTV come back to you with one of...
Jeffor, why not just pay one time for a TIVO dvr? Cheaper in the long run. Or did DTV come back to you with one of their "smoking deals" that they won't offer unless you are leaving them?
No pop , they didn't sucker me into a smoking deal or anything. I just haven't cancelled yet , because I dig the DVR thing I got going on. Is there a way to record live shows on a DVR through a streaming source? I could go with a nice caption card in my PC and run Kodi on my PC ( which I already do as well ) and record things that way? . But it seems kind of a pain. Not sure how to set it up. I haven't found a sure fire way on how to record shows when I'm gone.
MagMx08
9/30/2016 12:31am
Try mobdro. It's an app for all tv channels, it's even got a sports tab so you'll find all the channels for mx/sx and mxgp in there.
9/30/2016 1:11am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2016 1:14am
Honda11 wrote:
I recently cancelled my Directv and got a jailbroken Firestick. Does anyone else have one and know of some good apps for mx/sx? Apps that cover...
I recently cancelled my Directv and got a jailbroken Firestick. Does anyone else have one and know of some good apps for mx/sx? Apps that cover live races would be great, but I am looking for an app that may have archives of motos from past seasons to watch while working out. Right now I am just using the YouTube app to watch motos, but I was just curious if someone has put together a better app for moto.
I've loaded Kodi on lots of these Firesticks for family &and friends now and they all work very good.,my brother got onto this a while back and it's all he usesaid nowith.

The best way I've found is to load the Ares Wizard onto Kodi (use a YouTube tutorial) and that app lists a ton of different builds you can simply load,giving you a whole package and skin etc,basically the hard work is all done putting together the latest streams,apps etc which get updated. If you find things aren't wor king so good in time just load a later,better build.

I use a pretty high quality MINIX box for my main TV though,a couple of the sticks in bedrooms but actually use my Samsung Galaxy tab mostly for Kodi,heckeep it's even on my Android phone,you can take it anywhere then

Best of luck Smile
downard254
9/30/2016 2:50am
Of all the threads I've read on the web about dropping cable, I've asked and not heard a positive response for poor bastards like me. No cable access down my road, have to run direct or dish. Only internet available is Frontier DSL @ 1-2 Mbps. Kids game Xbox all the time. Frontier plans to upgrade to a 12 Mbps rate, but could take up to 5 years. I think I'm stuck with Dish until they upgrade the DSL line.
TXDirt
9/30/2016 4:28am
Most of the things mentioned in this thread are illegal and amounts to theft. Are you guys all so friggin cheap you cannot afford to buy SlingTV or PlayStation Vue? You will get all of the SX and MX races with it.

Be careful what you stream. A friend of mine was streaming illegal content through Kodi and his ISP noticed this and shut down his internet account permanently and was servers with cease and desist papers.

I love Kodi. I use it for my personal media library. Movies, pictures, music, etc.

I use PlayStation Vue for SX racing. I login to the NBCSports app to watch the the MX races. I can login using my VUE credentials.

I use Pluto TV (it's free) along with Hulu on ocassion.

There are so many good ways to get legitimate content for cheap prices there is no need to steal anything.

I use an Amazon Fire TV box for all my TVs. Do not pay someone to load Kodi on it for you. It takes like 5 minutes to do it yourself. Now of course they are probably selling you on the fact they will load all of the illegal content on it for you too.

Go read the Kodi developer forums. The people who steal content are absolutely ruining Kodi. This comes straight from Kodi developers. It's part of the reason it was kicked out of the Amazon App Store. Kodi was not intended to be used for piracy. The people who have worked hard developing Kodi do not support the theft of content and did not intend for it to be used that way.

Food for thought.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/30/2016 7:52am
yzweldon wrote:
Go to eBay and buy a MXQPRO Android box with full qwerty keyboard, $50 and so much better and easier to use than the firestick, I...
Go to eBay and buy a MXQPRO Android box with full qwerty keyboard, $50 and so much better and easier to use than the firestick, I have both. I still have a hard time finding certain feeds like CBSSN for Moto GP and mxgp. Haven't found any NHRA either.

I digging your bong
rompin87
9/30/2016 7:53am
yzweldon wrote:
Go to eBay and buy a MXQPRO Android box with full qwerty keyboard, $50 and so much better and easier to use than the firestick, I...

Ha just brought the exact same one 4 days ago. I'm shit with technology so is there any of those add on things that you would suggest. I have exodus that's pretty good and phoenix but that seems very hit an miss in fact it's more miss than hit. Any suggestions to help me would be much appreciated Smile
crusher773
9/30/2016 9:39am
So help me out guys on how this all works. I used to use my company laptop to do Hulu and stuff but they recently put a block on it. I have a hot spot off my Iphone that streams Hulu just fine on my son's tablet. How do these things work? So lets say I get a firestick does it just link to the tablet and then it would play whatever is playing on the tablet on the TV? If I got the MXQpro above would it just hook directly to my phone and I can look stuff up on it? Since it says android would it hook to my Iphone hot spot? I have no idea what I'm doing. We would just like to be able to watch Hulu and I would like to be able to watch the races.
Bennett59
9/30/2016 9:51am
The firestick has it own operating setup and apps, but there's apps that you can dl for mirroring your tablet or phone to your TV. The MxQpro is basically a android operating system with a HDMI spot for TV, you can dl same apps from Android store. There's tons of options I did away with direct tv (kept rasing rates) I have two amazon sticks for bedroom and kids room, and a nvidia shield for living room because it's quicker and more memory so less waiting for it to load. Like mentioned kodi has a lot ares wizard has a lot of builds I prefer the nemsis build seems most reliable and less buggy and most of the add ons work.
crusher773
9/30/2016 10:26am
So if I get the either stick or MXQpro it will hook up to my Iphone hot spot and then its basically just its own little computer kind of? It just uses the TV as the monitor? As long as the TV has an HDMI port I can plug either in, hook up to the hot spot and then start watching stuff? How do you navigate stuff on the firestick though if aren't mimicking something else?
crusher773
9/30/2016 10:39am
Bennett59 I think you should just come over and set this all up for me.
resetjet
9/30/2016 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2016 1:15pm
crusher773 wrote:
So help me out guys on how this all works. I used to use my company laptop to do Hulu and stuff but they recently put...
So help me out guys on how this all works. I used to use my company laptop to do Hulu and stuff but they recently put a block on it. I have a hot spot off my Iphone that streams Hulu just fine on my son's tablet. How do these things work? So lets say I get a firestick does it just link to the tablet and then it would play whatever is playing on the tablet on the TV? If I got the MXQpro above would it just hook directly to my phone and I can look stuff up on it? Since it says android would it hook to my Iphone hot spot? I have no idea what I'm doing. We would just like to be able to watch Hulu and I would like to be able to watch the races.
Ok, Kodi (which used to be called x box media center or xbmc) is simply a media player app. I have been using it for about 8 years. You can load kodi onto just about anything android. It started out on apple tv's but they have since dropped support. Kodi allows you to stream content directly to your device. There are a bunch of Addons to Kodi that have loads of links to everything under the sun. Pretty much you click on the link and it streams to your TV. Its very easy to load. Now, if you add repositories to Kodi, you will be allow any of the addons in that repository. Most of what you will need is in the Kodi repositories. I suggest you go to tv.addons.ag to learn more. Lots of videos on youtube as well. As far as the best device, some of the boxes have faster processors, but I don't find it to be a huge advantage. A fire stick will do. As far as I know, you can get all the addon's regardless of which device you choose. Alot of people just use their laptop as PC's are supported as well. You will eventually get tired of booting up and hooking up your laptop. FYI. Most of the addons are broken or useless, so keep that in mind.

And yes, all you do is select which hotspot your want your device to connect to and put in security settings, can be anything, however nothing works as good as an ethernet cable. Firesticks don't have that option.
Bennett59
9/30/2016 2:18pm
crusher773 wrote:
Bennett59 I think you should just come over and set this all up for me.
Lol it took me a min to get it all figured it out i was compeltey lost on how to do just kept watching videos and reading up on it. I went through several kodi builds of preloadEd stuff and some are a hassle that's why I recommend the nemsis build as after going through so many it's the most reliable one I've found and less issues.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
9/30/2016 10:34pm
jeffro503 wrote:
No pop , they didn't sucker me into a smoking deal or anything. I just haven't cancelled yet , because I dig the DVR thing I...
No pop , they didn't sucker me into a smoking deal or anything. I just haven't cancelled yet , because I dig the DVR thing I got going on. Is there a way to record live shows on a DVR through a streaming source? I could go with a nice caption card in my PC and run Kodi on my PC ( which I already do as well ) and record things that way? . But it seems kind of a pain. Not sure how to set it up. I haven't found a sure fire way on how to record shows when I'm gone.
You can DVR anything with a TIVO Bolt - includes streaming devices, off air antennas, etc. Everything. It combines it all into one TV watching experience. they aren't cheap, but a one time hit and you're good to go.

https://www.tivo.com/shop/bolt-detail
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
9/30/2016 10:43pm
jeffro503 wrote:
No pop , they didn't sucker me into a smoking deal or anything. I just haven't cancelled yet , because I dig the DVR thing I...
I forgot to mention, there's also Tablo which is cheaper than Tivo. Tivo requires a $15/month subscription (expensive) and Tablo is only $5/month.

Post a reply to: Amazon Firestick for mx/sx

The Latest