Amateur Film Fest Video's

Edited Date/Time 12/16/2012 8:50pm
So, i watched all 4 of these video's that are in the finals and while i think all 4 video's are pretty cool, what the F is with the shitty music? Is this cool music to ride to these days? 3 of the 4 videos use this electronica type crap music and the other is some sort of hip hop i guess. Well, in my opinion...the music is terrible and MX videos should have good heavy driving music....ya know, like some sick punk rock. Maybe it was a matter of "rights" to music?
|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
12/15/2012 1:47am
Maybe people have different tastes in music. I'd rather listen to electronic/hip hop than gay/emocore shit
12/15/2012 2:05am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Maybe people have different tastes in music. I'd rather listen to electronic/hip hop than gay/emocore shit
Hence why i said "In my opinion"
wydopen
12/15/2012 8:08am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2012 8:10am
So, i watched all 4 of these video's that are in the finals and while i think all 4 video's are pretty cool, what the F...
So, i watched all 4 of these video's that are in the finals and while i think all 4 video's are pretty cool, what the F is with the shitty music? Is this cool music to ride to these days? 3 of the 4 videos use this electronica type crap music and the other is some sort of hip hop i guess. Well, in my opinion...the music is terrible and MX videos should have good heavy driving music....ya know, like some sick punk rock. Maybe it was a matter of "rights" to music?
Amen brother!!!

ultimate moto vid music lineup would be:

no fun at all
lagwagon
pennywise
no use for a name
strung out
nofx
S.T.(early stuff)
melencolin
etc etc

i cant believe kids listen to that weak hip hop crap these days..and im not even 30!!

ps Ausies have the WORST taste in music ive heard..that weak ausie whiteboy rap is the worst..

The Shop

ricko
12/15/2012 11:42am
If you read the rules for video entries you have to either own or have the rights to the music. Which is very hard to do for mainstream music or costs a lot. So the music in the videos is what they were obviously allowed to use or had rights too.
12/15/2012 5:50pm
ricko wrote:
If you read the rules for video entries you have to either own or have the rights to the music. Which is very hard to do...
If you read the rules for video entries you have to either own or have the rights to the music. Which is very hard to do for mainstream music or costs a lot. So the music in the videos is what they were obviously allowed to use or had rights too.
I noted that at the end of my post but, i had not read the rules. Well, next time there is a contest like this for any amateur filmer that might enter and you want to use some energetic punk rock tunes, hit me up. Yes we get some good money for our music rights but, for something like this, id be happy to sign off on it.
ocscottie
12/15/2012 6:08pm
Yer a good man Jordan!

btw: did you ever get that pic of oldschool Big Bird on the XXX bike? sent it to the email in your Vital profile.
12/15/2012 6:25pm
I think i did get the picture but, you could send it again to be sure. Its a sick picture of Larry Ward #10 and it was awesome that not only did he ride for us, but won a National MX for us too. Not bad for a little punk rock mx team that lasted 13+ years
jemcee
12/15/2012 6:29pm
wydopen wrote:
Amen brother!!! ultimate moto vid music lineup would be: no fun at all lagwagon pennywise no use for a name strung out nofx S.T.(early stuff) melencolin...
Amen brother!!!

no fun at all
lagwagon
pennywise
no use for a name
strung out
nofx
S.T.(early stuff)
melencolin
etc etc

i cant believe kids listen to that weak hip hop crap these days..and im not even 30!!

ps Ausies have the WORST taste in music ive heard..that weak ausie whiteboy rap is the worst..
hey champ firstly how about you fuck off with the generalizations!

your vid with that music would've been good if it was out in the 90's but people are trying to be different so it's not just rinse and repeat..

my pet hate is people saying someones taste is 'shit' or 'sucks' it's their taste, their choice.. if you don't like it that's your taste your choice why is your taste better than someone else'?

I hate the hip pop that's very prevalent in todays music but I'm not who they're aiming it at and I can assure you people older than me couldn't understand why I liked the grunge, punk and metal that I listened to when I was younger and most can't understand why I still like the stoner, grunge, punk and metal I like now but I like everything and give anything a chance to affect me positively in some way my itunes has absolutely everything in it and I'm never bored when it's on shuffle

ease off the ignorance you might find some good shit
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
12/15/2012 7:46pm
Pretty sick of you to post in here Jordan. I agree with you on the music. But then again we dont really see any badass freeride videos like we had in the 90's/early 2000's! Maybe a motoxxx 2013 version needs to happen. Guys like Hanny, Grant, twitch, etc out freeriding. I know id buy it lol!
wydopen
12/15/2012 8:47pm
wydopen wrote:
Amen brother!!! ultimate moto vid music lineup would be: no fun at all lagwagon pennywise no use for a name strung out nofx S.T.(early stuff) melencolin...
Amen brother!!!

no fun at all
lagwagon
pennywise
no use for a name
strung out
nofx
S.T.(early stuff)
melencolin
etc etc

jemcee wrote:
hey champ firstly how about you fuck off with the generalizations! your vid with that music would've been good if it was out in the 90's...
hey champ firstly how about you fuck off with the generalizations!

your vid with that music would've been good if it was out in the 90's but people are trying to be different so it's not just rinse and repeat..

my pet hate is people saying someones taste is 'shit' or 'sucks' it's their taste, their choice.. if you don't like it that's your taste your choice why is your taste better than someone else'?

I hate the hip pop that's very prevalent in todays music but I'm not who they're aiming it at and I can assure you people older than me couldn't understand why I liked the grunge, punk and metal that I listened to when I was younger and most can't understand why I still like the stoner, grunge, punk and metal I like now but I like everything and give anything a chance to affect me positively in some way my itunes has absolutely everything in it and I'm never bored when it's on shuffle

ease off the ignorance you might find some good shit
haha no good music was made after 1998...
jemcee
12/15/2012 8:54pm
wydopen wrote:
mmm nah can't agree with you there

but that's cool no skin off mine you wanna live in that world
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
12/15/2012 9:07pm
wydopen wrote:
Kidding yourself
jemcee
12/15/2012 9:16pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Kidding yourself
although man his music taste is punk punk and more punk so he kinda has a point there has been slim pickins in good punk since 98 (that I know of)

pretty glad my music taste isn't limited, you?
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
12/15/2012 9:24pm
If he extended his taste beyond bro-punk, he'd find alot of good bands out there.
jemcee
12/15/2012 9:27pm
but what would we know we Ausies have the WORST taste in music hes heard
12/16/2012 8:48am
The music thing will always be up for dispute. Some people really dig the raw sounds and some people can't get enough Rob Zombie. For me, when I make a video, I rarely have a song in mind before I film everything. I just pick whatever song goes best with the feel of the day or the story behind the video. I think most people don't really look at it that way. I've put songs in videos that no one in the moto world has ever heard before and songs they typically wouldn't ever listen too and afterwords I get flooded with messages begging for the song title. Other times, 2-3 people flip out and feel the need the bash the video because they didn't hear enough Punk, Rap, or Metal...

It's been said before - If you're going to bash on music choice and bad videos, try making one yourself.
Matt Wozney
12/16/2012 9:30am
You're never going to make everyone happy when it comes to music choice.
ImTheDude
12/16/2012 3:17pm
this post sucks. Where is the fucking link?
Gabriel J
12/16/2012 4:26pm
So, i watched all 4 of these video's that are in the finals and while i think all 4 video's are pretty cool, what the F...
9/10 current videos I think to myself "fuck another video to watch on mute". I'd rather just listen to the raw footage audio..
Bosco
12/16/2012 5:13pm
I personally can't stand punk music in motocross. It annoys the sh!t out of me. But I don't like shouty distortion music in general anyway. As soon as I hear punk, metal, rap, or any amalgamation of the three, I look for the mute button.

For me, the music in a moto video should either be fun, or should pump you up; get your blood rushing, not something 'heavy' that you thought was cool when you were 13. I like when a video starts of with those intro scenes of the workshop or the landscape of the riding area, and then the song drops right as the rider is first shown. I loved the Dungey/RC scene in Moto4 with Radioactive - it was timed perfectly. I'm all for music like The Glitch Mob, Pretty Lights and M83, but if the dubsteb fits the video, or the hip hop song works with the mood of the video, well then it works. I just can't listen to punk crap.

Also, if you describe music with the words 'sick' or 'weak', I immediately ignore any opinion you have with respect to any audio issue that could possibly arise. Ever.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
12/16/2012 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2012 5:21pm
So vidoes suck because they're not made with punk in the back ground? Ok gotcha, see all this time I've been doing it wrong, I've been watching vidoes to watch amazing riding, not for the garbage punk music played in the back ground.

In reality, I'd rather hear the bikes anyway.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
12/16/2012 5:29pm
I noted that at the end of my post but, i had not read the rules. Well, next time there is a contest like this for...
I noted that at the end of my post but, i had not read the rules. Well, next time there is a contest like this for any amateur filmer that might enter and you want to use some energetic punk rock tunes, hit me up. Yes we get some good money for our music rights but, for something like this, id be happy to sign off on it.
Top bloke, cheers
12/16/2012 5:59pm
I'm blown away that everyone doesn't have the same preferences as I do.
jemcee
12/16/2012 8:50pm
Bosco wrote:
I personally can't stand punk music in motocross. It annoys the sh!t out of me. But I don't like shouty distortion music in general anyway. As...
I personally can't stand punk music in motocross. It annoys the sh!t out of me. But I don't like shouty distortion music in general anyway. As soon as I hear punk, metal, rap, or any amalgamation of the three, I look for the mute button.

For me, the music in a moto video should either be fun, or should pump you up; get your blood rushing, not something 'heavy' that you thought was cool when you were 13. I like when a video starts of with those intro scenes of the workshop or the landscape of the riding area, and then the song drops right as the rider is first shown. I loved the Dungey/RC scene in Moto4 with Radioactive - it was timed perfectly. I'm all for music like The Glitch Mob, Pretty Lights and M83, but if the dubsteb fits the video, or the hip hop song works with the mood of the video, well then it works. I just can't listen to punk crap.

Also, if you describe music with the words 'sick' or 'weak', I immediately ignore any opinion you have with respect to any audio issue that could possibly arise. Ever.
easily one of my favourite videos, you mentioned 'fun' haha I smile as soon as the song starts and makes me wanna go riding then makes me miss riding haha.. I'd not normally listen to this song but the whole vibe it gives the vid just reminds me of going riding with my mates.. and makes me wanna go riding with fohken jimmy D and tha Mahshells haha

Post a reply to: Amateur Film Fest Video's

The Latest