Amateur Arenacross

walent215
Edited Date/Time 10/14/2015 5:24am
Anyone here raced the amateur day? Just curious as we are planning on doing the California and Nevada rounds, possibly. LOL. Any feedback would be appreciated just so we have an idea of what to expect as far as practice schedule/days , size of classes, or anything at all. Thanks, Chris.
|
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
10/13/2015 7:17pm
I've raced a couple but not for over a decade although I think it is still pretty close today as what it was then.

-Everything will be extremely rushed.
-You won't get more than a few laps of "practice".
-There will be ambulances lining the tunnel constantly hauling people away.
-These ambulances will make you second guess your current decision making ability in life.
-The races will be short.
-It will be pandemonium.
-You will be surprised at how tight the track is.
-It will cost a lot of money.
-You will probably end the weekend in the hospital either as a patient or as a visitor.
-You might get a cool trophy.

Those were always my take aways...
Mungusman
10/13/2015 7:20pm
My boy raced arenacross this past February, practice is short, races move really fast, have to be on your toes not to miss your race. All the classes were pretty full, it was fun, but like I said it feels like your very rushed. It was like wow it's over all ready.
walent215
10/13/2015 7:27pm
Thanks for the quick responses! Wow, sounds pretty hectic! So not a lot of track time at a high cost/risk? Hmmmm....

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
10/13/2015 7:29pm
walent215 wrote:
Thanks for the quick responses! Wow, sounds pretty hectic! So not a lot of track time at a high cost/risk? Hmmmm....
If you want to ride an arena cross track I'd recommend finding a local arena cross race/practice. These are usually a lot less crowded which allows for a lot more track time.
Chains
10/13/2015 8:34pm
I think we had it figured at one time to be $10 a lap....That's not counting your 30 pit pass.

My boy loves to do them but just not enough track time for what it costs.
walent215
10/13/2015 8:39pm
Chains wrote:
I think we had it figured at one time to be $10 a lap....That's not counting your 30 pit pass. My boy loves to do them...
I think we had it figured at one time to be $10 a lap....That's not counting your 30 pit pass.

My boy loves to do them but just not enough track time for what it costs.
too bad to hear that....I guess we will just have to give it a go and see how it plays out...thanks.
Lefty Right
10/13/2015 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2015 8:41pm
walent215 wrote:
Are the amateurs one day only?
Yes they're one day usually all day Sunday.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
10/13/2015 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2015 9:00pm
Ive done around 15 or so of them and what you have heard is pretty spot on, some other suggestions

get there early, the pits fill up quick

bring a cart to haul your gear/gas/bike stand around.
you generally cant park horribly close to the entrance

Practice is short, but the tracks are easy, it isnt a huge deal. not sure what your skill level is, but dont try to be a whoops hero on the first lap. the whoops are generally the toughest part of the track and it is common to see people try and blitz them WFO on lap one, just to end there day early

pre register and sign in the night before the race. sign in can be a long process the day of the race

as others said it moves fast, especially when you get to the mains, if qualifying takes 4 hours, mains take 1, be ready

not sure about CA but AX is fairly dead around here. unless youre in one of the bigger classes (250C 250/450B or supermini) classes wont be very stacked

liamjumper
10/13/2015 10:38pm
731chopper wrote:
I've raced a couple but not for over a decade although I think it is still pretty close today as what it was then. -Everything will...
I've raced a couple but not for over a decade although I think it is still pretty close today as what it was then.

-Everything will be extremely rushed.
-You won't get more than a few laps of "practice".
-There will be ambulances lining the tunnel constantly hauling people away.
-These ambulances will make you second guess your current decision making ability in life.
-The races will be short.
-It will be pandemonium.
-You will be surprised at how tight the track is.
-It will cost a lot of money.
-You will probably end the weekend in the hospital either as a patient or as a visitor.
-You might get a cool trophy.

Those were always my take aways...
This is the absolute perfect response. My experiences have been exactly the same.
tomm55x
10/14/2015 4:10am
I rode amateur race day, I had a blast! You definitely have to have your shit together because they do run the day fast and efficiently, practice and make adjustments if needed and then prepare for an all out war!!
5/3/2021 11:27am
walent215 wrote:
731chopper wrote:
If you want to ride an arena cross track I'd recommend finding a local arena cross race/practice. These are usually a lot less crowded which allows...
If you want to ride an arena cross track I'd recommend finding a local arena cross race/practice. These are usually a lot less crowded which allows for a lot more track time.
Where is there a indoor ax track to practice on ? The intensity of the event, peaked jumps-fun, whoops I Love them. AX sounds fun. Hoosier series has a 125 all star class. how many laps is a race ? I think all the tracks are similar. Once you get a AX track dialed, I bet there a lot of fun.

Post a reply to: Amateur Arenacross

The Latest