Alpinestars tech 8 vs sidi crossfire 2

murph783
Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 10:34am
I know this has been asked to death, but I couldn't find a thread comparing these 2 boots in particular. I've run alpinestars tech 8's for the past year and a half or so and it's time to freshen up. Holes in the upper of the boot and not too much support anymore.
Trying to decide between another pair of these, and switching over to the sidi crossfire 2's.
I've run gaerne sg12's and astars tech 10's, both fell apart within a couple of months and I wasn't impressed. The tech 8's sole lasts forever but the upper leaves some to be desired. Hurts the top of my foot to shift, the leather is falling apart in chunks, but it could just be because they're old.
Side note, my feet are a little on the wide side. Thanks guys!
|
crusher773
8/10/2014 7:49am
You won't find a better boot than the Sidi. I have had 3 pairs they are way higher quality than Astars. It takes me about 5 years to wear a pair out. Even then they aren't totally thrashed.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/10/2014 9:00am
murph783 wrote:
I know this has been asked to death, but I couldn't find a thread comparing these 2 boots in particular. I've run alpinestars tech 8's for...
I know this has been asked to death, but I couldn't find a thread comparing these 2 boots in particular. I've run alpinestars tech 8's for the past year and a half or so and it's time to freshen up. Holes in the upper of the boot and not too much support anymore.
Trying to decide between another pair of these, and switching over to the sidi crossfire 2's.
I've run gaerne sg12's and astars tech 10's, both fell apart within a couple of months and I wasn't impressed. The tech 8's sole lasts forever but the upper leaves some to be desired. Hurts the top of my foot to shift, the leather is falling apart in chunks, but it could just be because they're old.
What kind of riding do you do or how many hours do you put on your bike? To wear out sg12's or tech10's in a couple months is hardcore.

Gaerne and Sidi are known for top quality.
murph783
8/10/2014 9:05am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 9:06am
murph783 wrote:
I know this has been asked to death, but I couldn't find a thread comparing these 2 boots in particular. I've run alpinestars tech 8's for...
Ramrod wrote:
What kind of riding do you do or how many hours do you put on your bike? To wear out sg12's or tech10's in a couple...
What kind of riding do you do or how many hours do you put on your bike? To wear out sg12's or tech10's in a couple months is hardcore.

Gaerne and Sidi are known for top quality.
At that point (5 years ago) I was riding much more, practicing 2-3 times a week and racing every weekend. Now I try to practice once a week and race most weekends. It was the sole on both those boots, 2-3 months on the gaerne's and 3-4 on the astars, worn right to the metal plate. And mostly moto riding, little woods. I'm really bad about riding flat footed, so I'm sure that contributes. And I know I could get em resoled, but if I'm spending that much on boots I don't think I should need to spend $100 to keep em going every couple months.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
8/10/2014 9:05am
My SG 10's are awesome and wear great. I'm still wearing the Nick Wey edition if that gives you an idea. I beat the shit out of them but I have had no problem with them wearing out. None! I bet I can clean them up to look clean and fresh.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/10/2014 9:14am
My SG 10's are awesome and wear great. I'm still wearing the Nick Wey edition if that gives you an idea. I beat the shit out...
My SG 10's are awesome and wear great. I'm still wearing the Nick Wey edition if that gives you an idea. I beat the shit out of them but I have had no problem with them wearing out. None! I bet I can clean them up to look clean and fresh.
I've got the same experience with my sg10's.

Cygnus
8/10/2014 9:24am
Go try on some Sidi's and gaerne's and buy the ones that fit your foot the best. Sidi's are the best boot for me.
Brtp4
8/10/2014 9:53am
murph783 wrote:
murph, I have ridden in nearly every high end boot, to compare them. IMO there is no comparison for on the bike feel between the T8s and the Crossfires. The Crossfires have a mechanical hinge, a more anatomical shape, and a much greater feeling of quality. The upper is also comprised more of plastic, and it is stitched on, which will degrade less. There is a new Tech 8 coming out but still no hinge, and nothing that looks like it will be radically different.

FYI the Crossfire TA (stitched sole) is fairly wide.

BP
Atomic-Moto
bvm111
8/10/2014 10:34am
I found the Sidi's to be way to narrow for my Fred Flintstone feet. I always wore tech 8's until they redesigned the booty, I'm wearing Sg12's now and the quality is top notch, I'm thinking the Tech7's or SG10's for my next pair... If I ever wear these out!!!

Post a reply to: Alpinestars tech 8 vs sidi crossfire 2

The Latest