Alpinestars Tech 10 Hype

JBecker 72
3/6/2017 8:17am
Frodad78 wrote:
I'm wearing Tech 7s and they are the most comfortable boot I've ever owned. Initially they felt way too stiff but with time they have broken...
I'm wearing Tech 7s and they are the most comfortable boot I've ever owned. Initially they felt way too stiff but with time they have broken in nicely. Maybe you just need more time in them?
Spooner wrote:
Yeah if you want a more flexible boot the Tech 7 is very hard to beat especially for the money. I broke in a new pair...
Yeah if you want a more flexible boot the Tech 7 is very hard to beat especially for the money. I broke in a new pair yesterday and they seriously are 90% broken in the first time you put them on. I just snugged up the straps a bit after my first time out and they are golden. This is my 3rd pair of the new gen ones and for me they are the best boot out there but I mostly ride in the woods. I have had tech 10's but they are a little stiff for me when in the woods but for MX they give you a very secure feeling. I tell people that 10's are your insurance policy for when things get sideways and you OJ or face a jump or something. They can take a hell of a hit and I don't think there is a safer boot for jumping.
I have two pairs of the new Tech 7 boots and prefer them to the 10. Very comfortable with good support. The 10's feel very bulky, and I'm not a huge fan of the inner boot. Before these I was wearing Tech 8 boots, and IMO the new 7 is a much better boot.
3/6/2017 8:23am
On the tech 10s. Anyone else feel like the hinge on the booty digs into their heel?
sdjeff wrote:
It comes off with a couple screws. A lot of people remove it including myself.
That's a thing I should definitely try before selling them, thanks
TeamGreen
3/6/2017 8:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Mine took a day at the track and a long technical trail ride to break in. After that I haven't had an issue. I prefer them...
Mine took a day at the track and a long technical trail ride to break in. After that I haven't had an issue. I prefer them over everything else. Sg12's would be my next choice though.
Like Matt, the A-10s and the SG 10-12 are my "go to" boots. They'll all last a LONG TIME when they're taken care of properly and they're ALL well made.

Last year I got a new pair of A-10s before The Rip to Cabo and that's ALL I've worn since...that same pair.
Exceptions: wore a fresh pair for the Vital 450 Shootout and photo-day (2 long days of riding). They "broke-in" in about 1 hr of riding time.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/6/2017 11:00am
No that's not what I meant to say. I was just wondering what people liked about them so much since I can't really get behind that...
I think the stiffness and support that you're complaining about is exactly what a pro racing top-level MX/SX would be looking for. They're hitting big stuff a lot harder/faster than you may be.
3/6/2017 12:03pm
GuyB wrote:
I think the stiffness and support that you're complaining about is exactly what a pro racing top-level MX/SX would be looking for. They're hitting big stuff...
I think the stiffness and support that you're complaining about is exactly what a pro racing top-level MX/SX would be looking for. They're hitting big stuff a lot harder/faster than you may be.
Takes out bucket list, checks "getting roasted by GuyB" off haha
Thanks for the replies guys and sorry that I sounded like a dick, I didn't intend that. I'm a foreigner so maybe I made some stupid mistakes...
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/6/2017 12:18pm
Takes out bucket list, checks "getting roasted by GuyB" off haha Thanks for the replies guys and sorry that I sounded like a dick, I didn't...
Takes out bucket list, checks "getting roasted by GuyB" off haha
Thanks for the replies guys and sorry that I sounded like a dick, I didn't intend that. I'm a foreigner so maybe I made some stupid mistakes...
Roast wasn't intended. Smile

If I was trying to type in German, I'm sure people would be doubled over in laughter.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
3/6/2017 12:28pm
I bought Tech-10's when they first came out. Went through that pair and decided I didn't want to spend $500+ on boots. I bought the Tech-7 after that and haven't looked back since. Not as bulky of a boot, half the price, same good look, plenty of flex.
assu
3/25/2017 5:49am
Hello. Didint want to make new thread, so hopefully someone can help. I am getting good deal on tech 7 2014 model. Is there big diffrence compared to 2016/17.

dedi684
3/25/2017 5:54am
Sg 12 is a much better boot. What the pros wear has no affect on me.
Spooner
3/25/2017 5:55am
I believe the current version was released in 2014. So they look like the current boot? If they are the old version there is a drastic difference in the boots.
3/25/2017 5:56am
Stiff is exactly what you should be looking for. You can replace the sole's on tech 10's but you cant replace your feet.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
3/25/2017 5:56am
For me, I have been wearing Tech 7's after many years of having 10's. I like the feel of the 7's much more then the 10's. Just like levers, grips etc it is just your personal preference. I also love redheads.
assu
3/25/2017 5:58am
Spooner wrote:
I believe the current version was released in 2014. So they look like the current boot? If they are the old version there is a drastic...
I believe the current version was released in 2014. So they look like the current boot? If they are the old version there is a drastic difference in the boots.

They look like that.
Spooner
3/25/2017 6:29am
That's the current boot so you are good to go.
Motofinne
3/25/2017 6:36am
I haven't tried the new Tech 7 boot but i like to wear a boot that has really, really good ankle support. Like most of you say, those who want maximal ankle support use the Tech 10s and those who want more mobility and feel go for the Tech 7?

I just put in an order on the Tech 10 Indianapolis LE boots, the dealer said i got the last pair of size 10 in Scandinavia Cool
Jake_CR250R
3/25/2017 6:53am
I don't understand it either. I feel like they are very good at marketing their product, and I'm sure it's a good boot, but I don't think I can see anything being much better than my sg-12s
3/25/2017 6:54am
I lovvvveeddd my Tech 8's... Wasn't too impressed with the intial feel of the Tech 10's when I first tried them on..

Scored these Tech 7's for $172 shipped Woohoo and could not be happier with them

Spooner
3/25/2017 6:56am
Motofinne wrote:
I haven't tried the new Tech 7 boot but i like to wear a boot that has really, really good ankle support. Like most of you...
I haven't tried the new Tech 7 boot but i like to wear a boot that has really, really good ankle support. Like most of you say, those who want maximal ankle support use the Tech 10s and those who want more mobility and feel go for the Tech 7?

I just put in an order on the Tech 10 Indianapolis LE boots, the dealer said i got the last pair of size 10 in Scandinavia Cool
That's exactly it. The tech 10 has a lot more ankle support. For me I ride in the woods and rarely get out of second gear. My races are 2 hours long so the extra comfort and lighter weight go a long way. I've had tech 10s and they are awesome on the track but a bit overkill for what I do.
assu
3/25/2017 6:58am
I havent tried tech 10. No shop in my town has my nr. And i really do not have the money. But i wear forma mid range boot now, so i guess it will be an upgrade anyway.

Thanks for really fast answers.
3/25/2017 7:44am
I tried the latest gaernes and tech 10s on back to back and the gaernes felt like rain boots compared to the alpinestars. I went with the tech 10s.
kxfracer108
3/25/2017 8:02am
mx617 wrote:
I bought T10s about 10 years ago when I worked at a shop and got smoking deals. Still running them, the very same pair. Only thing...
I bought T10s about 10 years ago when I worked at a shop and got smoking deals. Still running them, the very same pair. Only thing that sucks is the buckles are a pain in the ass to do up, if you like the boots snug. I just bring a hammer with me. Other than that they've been fricking amazing, once broken in it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing them.

I would think though that because everyone has different size/shape feet different brands will fit different.
Thats funny. I bought Tech 8s about a month before the Tech 10s were released, and I paid I think $325 or $350 with no deal from the dealer. A month later when the Tech 10s came out I saw the Tech 8s went up like $100 and haven't come down since. Im still running my same 10 or 11 year old Tech 8s and love them. They are starting to fall apart now, so I may need to get some new ones.
Rct851
3/25/2017 8:31am
Love everything about my tech10's besides not being able to customize my own like nike's ID program. I'd pay more for sure and probably end up with multiple. I bet it would get addicting.

Hopefully they come out with some sick limited edition boots for the Vegas finals. Wasn't a huge fan of the most recent boot from INDY.
hippie
3/25/2017 9:14am
Alpinestar does a great job at keeping interest in their product. They've released 2 or 3 new color ways of the 10's since January, you really don't see other boot companies releasing special editions, or whatever you want to call them. I've tried both, and just personally prefer the 10's over the G's. G's I felt held up a bit longer, but I would like comfort over longevity.
doghouse
3/25/2017 9:39am
mx617 wrote:
I bought T10s about 10 years ago when I worked at a shop and got smoking deals. Still running them, the very same pair. Only thing...
I bought T10s about 10 years ago when I worked at a shop and got smoking deals. Still running them, the very same pair. Only thing that sucks is the buckles are a pain in the ass to do up, if you like the boots snug. I just bring a hammer with me. Other than that they've been fricking amazing, once broken in it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing them.

I would think though that because everyone has different size/shape feet different brands will fit different.
Thats funny. I bought Tech 8s about a month before the Tech 10s were released, and I paid I think $325 or $350 with no deal...
Thats funny. I bought Tech 8s about a month before the Tech 10s were released, and I paid I think $325 or $350 with no deal from the dealer. A month later when the Tech 10s came out I saw the Tech 8s went up like $100 and haven't come down since. Im still running my same 10 or 11 year old Tech 8s and love them. They are starting to fall apart now, so I may need to get some new ones.
The 8's are good for me, can't believe how much they cost now though. My favorites were the 6's but they discontinued them unfortunately.

Post a reply to: Alpinestars Tech 10 Hype

The Latest