Alias Gear thoughts?

Wells423
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2017 11:49am
Just got my A2 bundle today and it sure isn't my fox 360 stuff! I didn't expect the quality to be very high because they basically give it to you for free but wow. The sizing is quite a bit off and the materials feel extremely cheap. I guess you get what you pay for but what's been you guys experience with how this gear holds up?
|
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
6/15/2017 6:46pm
I switched to them this year, and I love it! A friend of mine followed suit and loves it as well.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/15/2017 6:59pm
I like it but it depends what your expectations are.

Sizing is perfect for me and by the time I blow through the knees it's time for a fresh looking style. You could probably buy 2-3 sets of this gear for 1 set of another brands top end stuff.

No knock at Fox here though, lots of good gear brands.
Wells423
6/15/2017 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2017 7:02pm
Pants and jersey both run a decent amount larger than my fox stuff. It may shrink up some though. I hadn't washed it yet
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/15/2017 7:05pm
Can't speak for the quality but if you're on a budget it's really affordable.

The Shop

Wells423
6/15/2017 7:07pm
Ramrod wrote:
I like it but it depends what your expectations are. Sizing is perfect for me and by the time I blow through the knees it's time...

Sizing is perfect for me and by the time I blow through the knees it's time for a fresh looking style. You could probably buy 2-3 sets of this gear for 1 set of another brands top end stuff.

I've been out of riding for a long time and my fox stuff is the first set of gear I've bought in 10 years. I really have nothing to compare it to, it's just what I've gotten used to. I was just wondering how it holds up in comparison to other stuff. Honestly with as expensive as most gear sets are for $100 if I get 6 months out of it I'd be a happy customer. I will say it's venting looks awesome, I'm going to try it out for the first time this Saturday night.
F1prerun
6/15/2017 7:10pm
Have 10 sets of alias gear. I love it. The A1 stuff is definitely better than the A2 in both fit and materials. But for the price it is amazing and cheap enough to have a bunch and get new styles when they come out. I can't imagine paying +$250 for ONE set of jerseys/pants any more, HELL NO.

I'll stay in Alias gear for the foreseeable future
JWACK
6/15/2017 7:41pm
Just got mine in today. For the price im not complaining one bit.

6/15/2017 8:00pm
Good stuff imo. Plenty of people in my area seem to agree since it's cheap, but nice quality for the price.

Wish they had a bigger selection of helmets though!
6/15/2017 8:19pm
I have lots of Alias gear sets and it holds up very well. First few years the colors were off from item to item but that is no longer the case. Like stated above, you can have lots of sets compared to one set of the high end gear sets. Good luck.

Ghost
mtl
6/15/2017 10:06pm
Wells423 wrote:
Just got my A2 bundle today and it sure isn't my fox 360 stuff! I didn't expect the quality to be very high because they basically...
Just got my A2 bundle today and it sure isn't my fox 360 stuff! I didn't expect the quality to be very high because they basically give it to you for free but wow. The sizing is quite a bit off and the materials feel extremely cheap. I guess you get what you pay for but what's been you guys experience with how this gear holds up?
it looks like you've already made up your mind and were looking for a place to shit talk the gear before even wearing it.

lamer than lame.
WeaverMX
6/15/2017 11:26pm
Where are you guys buying the A2 bundle from? Their website or sponsorship deal?
6/16/2017 4:13am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2017 4:15am
I have some of the first year or two A1 gear and it was junk. The current gear sets are miles better. For most non pro's the gear should be great. I notice a difference in quality between my Fox 360 and A1 set but given the price difference its completely expected. IMO the A1/A2 gear is 90% of the quality for 50% of the price. The good news is that the 2017 gloves are 1000% better than the 2015 version. They are thin and the wrist strap can go very tight which I like.

The new vented gear is thin from what I have been told. Met a guy last week that already has a hole in it.
6/16/2017 4:14am
WeaverMX wrote:
Where are you guys buying the A2 bundle from? Their website or sponsorship deal?
I believe their website with the D2R is the only place to get the Alias gear.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/16/2017 4:58am
Ramrod wrote:
I like it but it depends what your expectations are. Sizing is perfect for me and by the time I blow through the knees it's time...

Wells423 wrote:
I've been out of riding for a long time and my fox stuff is the first set of gear I've bought in 10 years. I really...
I've been out of riding for a long time and my fox stuff is the first set of gear I've bought in 10 years. I really have nothing to compare it to, it's just what I've gotten used to. I was just wondering how it holds up in comparison to other stuff. Honestly with as expensive as most gear sets are for $100 if I get 6 months out of it I'd be a happy customer. I will say it's venting looks awesome, I'm going to try it out for the first time this Saturday night.
You will like vented gear I presume, it's smoking hot in Texas all summer!
Wells423
6/16/2017 5:06am
Ramrod wrote:

Wells423 wrote:
I've been out of riding for a long time and my fox stuff is the first set of gear I've bought in 10 years. I really...
Ramrod wrote:
You will like vented gear I presume, it's smoking hot in Texas all summer!
Yeah you can basically run vented gear year long down here!
moto314
6/16/2017 6:40am
I really like the gear, it's more fitted, feels lightweight and breathable, no issues with knee braces. My A2 pants had the release button on the buckle break on the 4th ride, but I still keep wearing them and they have held up good otherwise. The A1 set I have is definitely better quality but have only worn once so far.
6/16/2017 6:51am
I've got 2 sets of the 17' A2 gear and love it. Quality doesn't seem low to me at all. At the price they sell for I wont have an issue buying a couple new sets when the 18' stuff comes out.
Wells423
6/16/2017 7:37am
Wells423 wrote:
Just got my A2 bundle today and it sure isn't my fox 360 stuff! I didn't expect the quality to be very high because they basically...
mtl wrote:
it looks like you've already made up your mind and were looking for a place to shit talk the gear before even wearing it. lamer than...
it looks like you've already made up your mind and were looking for a place to shit talk the gear before even wearing it.

lamer than lame.
Sorry to be lame.
GalagaOnMYArm
Fantasy
41st
6/16/2017 2:00pm
So would you guys say pretty true to size? I wear 32 in a moose which is just barely tight.I have to go 34 in a Fox pant. So do you guys think 32 or 34 in Alias?
kkawboy14
6/16/2017 2:03pm
So would you guys say pretty true to size? I wear 32 in a moose which is just barely tight.I have to go 34 in a...
So would you guys say pretty true to size? I wear 32 in a moose which is just barely tight.I have to go 34 in a Fox pant. So do you guys think 32 or 34 in Alias?
Go a size bigger. I have 5 friends that have ordered the package deal last year, it was an amazing deal and they are still riding with the stuff, so it is durable
RCC104
6/16/2017 6:45pm
I worked heavily for ALiAS from 2014 until February of this year. I can say they have definitely made some big improvements to the products over the last few years.

It's definitely not apples to apples when comparing to the likes of high-end Fox gear, but it's still very good stuff and undoubtably the best overall value out there. Honestly... anyone that is expecting Fox quality from a FULL SET of ALiAS gear that cost as much as one high-end Fox jersey needs to be slapped in the face with some 1974 Hallman leathers. There's definitely a balancing act that needs to be played by ALiAS in order to hit the best quality possible while still maintaining the price point.

Also, one misconception with the company is its size. There's only a tiny, core group of people behind the curtain. You barely need two hands to count ALL of the employees... Slightly different from some of the other gear operations out there. Guys like Bruce Marada put a lot of heart into the company and actually give a crap about the products and those that wear it.
j368
6/16/2017 8:04pm
I've been happy with my gear from Alias for several years. I came from the No Fear gear to Alias. I prefer the A2 gear over the A1 personally.
JWACK
6/16/2017 8:37pm
So would you guys say pretty true to size? I wear 32 in a moose which is just barely tight.I have to go 34 in a...
I wear a 32 in fox as well as most other brands. I orderd a size 32 and they fit the same as my size 32 fox pants.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
6/17/2017 1:16am
I have bought probably close to a dozen Alias kits for my son, I like him to look good! The stuff holds up amazingly well for the price. We have tried about all the high end stuff, one set of his seven gear RIPPED in the knee area after 3rd or 4th ride, I was pissed and said no more seven.... The only gear I will buy other than Alias right now is TLD, may try the Vexea since it is an NC company... TLD took a left though this year with that ugly polka dot stuff lol!
tempura
6/17/2017 2:52am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 2:53am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
I have bought probably close to a dozen Alias kits for my son, I like him to look good! The stuff holds up amazingly well for...
I have bought probably close to a dozen Alias kits for my son, I like him to look good! The stuff holds up amazingly well for the price. We have tried about all the high end stuff, one set of his seven gear RIPPED in the knee area after 3rd or 4th ride, I was pissed and said no more seven.... The only gear I will buy other than Alias right now is TLD, may try the Vexea since it is an NC company... TLD took a left though this year with that ugly polka dot stuff lol!
Yep, my seven gear ripped at the knee after a few hours.
The Answer Alpha gear is strong.
I may get on the bandwagon, and get me some Alias gear..the prices seem almost too good to be true.
What's people's preference, A1 or A2?. I gather the fit and materials are different between the two.
Motofinne
6/17/2017 3:06am
Well you're comparing the A2 line(their budget line) to Fox 360(high-end line). The Alias A2 should be compared to Fox 180.
6/17/2017 7:18pm
No issues From me. I got about 6 sets and still wear a set that's 2 years old. I ride a lot so it's not like it's a few times a month
Bruneval
6/17/2017 7:59pm
Got tonnes of the stuff. I was on one of those riding holidays in California a few years back and visited the factory. I was surprised how small an operation it is, but they have a great product for the price and I have continued to use it ever since. I think it looks good and it definitely lasts extremely well. I would never pay $250 for a set of gear ever again - it's money towards a premium helmet these days. Here's a pic of my mate and I hammering some vintage 125s in Alias gear.

On a side note, I bought a Fox V3 helmet. The sizing is way off - ended up with an XL and even that is tighter than I would like. I am a M or L in every other make Helmet.
6/17/2017 8:46pm
Alias' business model is stupid. wack cheap gear, at high price but wait! Make it look like youre getting a special deal, $100 for the whole set of gear?! Bitchen!! But Alias paid $5 for that whole set. Its classic Bed Bath and Beyond marketing.

Post a reply to: Alias Gear thoughts?

The Latest