Alex Ray get a ride?

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th

What do you guys know about this? Cycle Trader? Maybe Tommy Hahn's ride?

|

The Shop

Motodave15
2/26/2017 9:59am
Thats fucking awesome....
I remember his very first practice at anaheim sx a few years ago he was the only dude who would dump the clutch mid air over the triple, every lap... it made me lol..but i always kept my eye on him and hes steadily improved since then.

Glad to see hes off the island, ill keep rooting for him.
2/26/2017 10:07am
Good for him, definitely deserves it! I would think it would be Cycle Trader right? Maybe Traders Yamaha or the 51 Fifty team are adding a 450 guy?
tek14
2/26/2017 10:11am
Will replace Webb as injury was worse?
dcg141
2/27/2017 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 2:15pm
Alex is on a bike out of our shop and I got to talk to him Saturday night before the race. After making another main he did indeed get a great offer and I am so happy he will be able to take another step up the ladder. He has represented our shop with professionalism and it has been incredible to see one of our bikes make the main show. That is a first for us it was a true privateer effort with us just helping with bikes. We at Graham KTM/ Husqvarna wish Alex the best of luck for the rest of the season.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
2/27/2017 2:22pm
Very cool of your shop to step up and help out a privateer dcg141. Congrats to Alex on getting a ride.
Motofinne
2/27/2017 2:22pm
dcg141 wrote:
Alex is on a bike out of our shop and I got to talk to him Saturday night before the race. After making another main he...
Alex is on a bike out of our shop and I got to talk to him Saturday night before the race. After making another main he did indeed get a great offer and I am so happy he will be able to take another step up the ladder. He has represented our shop with professionalism and it has been incredible to see one of our bikes make the main show. That is a first for us it was a true privateer effort with us just helping with bikes. We at Graham KTM/ Husqvarna wish Alex the best of luck for the rest of the season.
Really cool for you to help him get to this point! I started to notice him last year and really became a fan when i rode the "SX" race here in Finland! Seems like a really nice guy and deserves a chance on a solid team effort.
dcg141
2/27/2017 2:31pm

Alex and his dad Saturday night after practice.
MotoX85
2/27/2017 2:34pm
dcg141 wrote:
Alex is on a bike out of our shop and I got to talk to him Saturday night before the race. After making another main he...
Very good of Graham KTM/Husqvarna to support him and even better to wish him the best on future endeavors.

Top notch !!!
vetmxr
2/27/2017 5:59pm
Did anyone see him come in and SLAM Friese on the inside of that tight corner right when Friese got passed like three times in Three consecutive corners. It happened pretty quick and I think it was in a Semi but not sure. Baddass....no doubt he wants it.

GO ALEX.....It's good to see hard work pay off.
Zycki11
2/27/2017 6:07pm
You guys should have seen his old Honda before last year. That thing rode like a 125.... It had zero bottom end and then would shoot off like a rocket. I'm not sure how Alex rode it the way he did but damn the guy pushes hard. I think it's great to see him on Cycle River Yamaha. Whats the word on Tommy Hahn? I thought this was his swan song until the boots are hung up for real estate?
2/27/2017 10:51pm
I've had the privilege of riding with Alex Ray at a couple different tracks in Tennessee and he's givn me some great advise on technique and racing tips a few years back...Great guy and he deserves a shot with real pro-level support!
daemon616
3/1/2017 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2017 5:53pm
Drastic bike change will be interesting.
gt80rider
3/1/2017 5:56pm
Huge fan of the 314.... Hope his new ride helps to take him to the next level...
3/2/2017 6:54pm
dcg141 wrote:
Good job Donnie. I knew you were throwing some help his way.
Pretty cool to see a Mid-South racer out there giving all he has and making it to the highest level.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
3/2/2017 7:12pm
Zycki11 wrote:
You guys should have seen his old Honda before last year. That thing rode like a 125.... It had zero bottom end and then would shoot...
You guys should have seen his old Honda before last year. That thing rode like a 125.... It had zero bottom end and then would shoot off like a rocket. I'm not sure how Alex rode it the way he did but damn the guy pushes hard. I think it's great to see him on Cycle River Yamaha. Whats the word on Tommy Hahn? I thought this was his swan song until the boots are hung up for real estate?
Tommy decided to retire after not being able to race last weekend.

RacerX touched on the subject a bit more in their weekly injury report:

"Hahn tried to race in Atlanta, but a nagging shoulder injury proved to be too much. It’s something Hahn has been battling for a while, and after not being able to race in Atlanta he made the decision to retire from professional racing. Alex Ray will fill-in for him beginning in Daytona."

Post a reply to: Alex Ray get a ride?

The Latest