Alessi ride day at Mill Creek report...

Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 4:32pm
Awesome day, I guess it was around 70 degrees with a lite wind and a blue sky. I took off work and drove up from Montgomery. It's been a good while since I've been to Millcreek, they've made some great changes the starting line is covered now, nice bleachers, great view from just about anywhere, some big but very safe jumps. The track was well prepped and some nice ruts were forming in the turns. Mike was on the track when I arrived, I saw Tony watching in front of the main bleachers. After Mike pulled off I walked up and introduced myself as Crash82 from the message boards, I was a bit star struck, but he was really cool, it just so happened i had my "believe the hype" shirt with me, so I'm thinking it would be cool to have him and Mike sign it. He was more than happy and signed it on the back right shoulder (he signed it "crazy mini dad, Tony Alessi", pretty funny). Smile I asked him if it would it be cool to get Mike to sign it, he said no problem. Mike went back out for a few more laps and after he was done Tony came back through and was like yo Crash come on. Of course I'm looking at everyone going hey I got to run Tony needs to talk to Crash, pretty cool. We get over to where they were pitting, Tony waves me over and introduces to Mike as one of your message board buddies. Smile Okay you guys laugh i know you will, but I was pretty star struck, so i mumble something stupid I'm sure and about that time Danielle walks up. So I'm standing there with Mike, Tony and Danielle, I'm thinking lets say something to impress them, so i said a couple more things probably dumber than before. Anyway Mike signs the left shoulder and i asked if it would be okay if Danielle signed it, so she signed under his sig. So now I now have a " Believe the hype " shirt with Mike, Tony and Danielle's signatures, pretty cool. Anyway Tony gets me a 800 beanie and T-shirt. Very cool, all this is going on right after Mike was done riding, I heard him say something about the bike cornering better etc and while he's trying to dial his bike in he has time to fool with me, he was riding the 450, not sure why or which bike he likes better i didn't ask, i can say he looked like he was using all the 450's power and was really smooth. Seemed as if the KTM was a bit more quiet than the other bikes also.

Okay so they announce over the loudspeaker that Mike will be running a 30 min plus 2 lap moto at 2pm. Mike ran it just like a race day, took his mechanic to the line, pit board and all. He went the full 30 and didn't seem tired, i was taking pictures with my phone, it has at least a one second delay on the shutter, so i would snap the picture when he was about 20 feet from the spot. On one shot he whipped it flat with the tires away from me and did this killer look back. With a good camera, DC would be begging me to let him put it on the cover. My timing was off so I got a picture of the top of the jump with no bike. Sad i did get one timed right, it's low res but still cool. I have some video also, but it's low res also. I talked to a couple of people and they are supposed to hook me up with some good ones, so there's hope.

Here's one i timed right, 800 was landing a step up coming up from the back side..sorry about the low res..

I have no idea who the loud mouth redneck is.....Smile But you can tell from the video he was flat hauling ass.

The best picture I never took, my timing was off, but picture Mike whipping it, just clearing the lip and looking way back, it was cool.

Same spot but without a whip.

A big gap, the landing is out of the picture.

I guess that's it, I left a lot out, oh ya, after the moto i was sitting at a table by the snack bar and Tony just walked up the hill and sat down, it made me feel good, we chatted about some stuff (real insider stuff, can't share it, sorry) then he called to check on Jeff. Just an awesome day man, I won't forget it, thanks Mike and Tony you folks are good people.

[sorry for any grammar errors, i'm no writer, it was a cool day, Guyb let me back in so i could share it, I appreciate it]

|
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
11/19/2009 10:02pm
So, that crazy mini dad, is an alright dude...
mxcrf34
11/19/2009 10:03pm
RonSkj wrote:
hahaha at least he knows it
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
11/19/2009 10:05pm
RonSkj wrote:
mxcrf34 wrote:
hahaha at least he knows it
And can laugh about it.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
11/19/2009 10:06pm
Ohh. And nice report crash.

The Shop

mxer993
11/20/2009 4:09am
Crash glad you enjoyed your day at MillCreek. We did not make it to the ride day. We both had to work and Garren's bike is in the shop for some minor repairs. However, we heard that the day turned out to be great. Sure wished we could have made it yesterday, Garren was really looking forward to it.
mccread
11/20/2009 4:22am
someone tell mike the the GPs are 35 plus 2laps lol
Kinetic1
11/20/2009 4:33am
Thanks Crash. I met Mike and Danielle at Red Bud in 08. Really, truly nice people. Mike is my favorite rider I am so bummed he doesn't do a day up here in the great peninsula.
R-acer
11/20/2009 4:55am
Interesting that he is riding the 450 and not the 350
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
11/20/2009 4:58am
mxer993 wrote:
Crash glad you enjoyed your day at MillCreek. We did not make it to the ride day. We both had to work and Garren's bike is...
Crash glad you enjoyed your day at MillCreek. We did not make it to the ride day. We both had to work and Garren's bike is in the shop for some minor repairs. However, we heard that the day turned out to be great. Sure wished we could have made it yesterday, Garren was really looking forward to it.
Kinetic and mxer993:
That track makes me want to get a bike pretty bad, I really wish i would have bought a camera before I went.

Mccread: I bet Mike could do a 60 minute moto and he's only been back on rthe bike about a month...

This Alessi t-shirt is great man, it has the 800 cartoon bike on the back. Smile
11/20/2009 5:26am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2009 5:26am
R-acer wrote:
Interesting that he is riding the 450 and not the 350
Last I heard it just hadn't landed yet. But that was about a week ago. May have just arrived. Should be on it soon.
huck
11/20/2009 5:34am
Cool story crash!!

That "triple" up and over the hill is a pretty scary jump. I never did jump it all the way...it seemed that if you can up short, you'd bounce a LONG way down!! lol
alphado
11/20/2009 5:59am
The Alessis are what this sport is all about.
BobbyM
11/20/2009 7:16am
Crash82 wrote:
Awesome day, I guess it was around 70 degrees with a lite wind and a blue sky. I took off work and drove up from Montgomery...
Awesome day, I guess it was around 70 degrees with a lite wind and a blue sky. I took off work and drove up from Montgomery. It's been a good while since I've been to Millcreek, they've made some great changes the starting line is covered now, nice bleachers, great view from just about anywhere, some big but very safe jumps. The track was well prepped and some nice ruts were forming in the turns. Mike was on the track when I arrived, I saw Tony watching in front of the main bleachers. After Mike pulled off I walked up and introduced myself as Crash82 from the message boards, I was a bit star struck, but he was really cool, it just so happened i had my "believe the hype" shirt with me, so I'm thinking it would be cool to have him and Mike sign it. He was more than happy and signed it on the back right shoulder (he signed it "crazy mini dad, Tony Alessi", pretty funny). Smile I asked him if it would it be cool to get Mike to sign it, he said no problem. Mike went back out for a few more laps and after he was done Tony came back through and was like yo Crash come on. Of course I'm looking at everyone going hey I got to run Tony needs to talk to Crash, pretty cool. We get over to where they were pitting, Tony waves me over and introduces to Mike as one of your message board buddies. Smile Okay you guys laugh i know you will, but I was pretty star struck, so i mumble something stupid I'm sure and about that time Danielle walks up. So I'm standing there with Mike, Tony and Danielle, I'm thinking lets say something to impress them, so i said a couple more things probably dumber than before. Anyway Mike signs the left shoulder and i asked if it would be okay if Danielle signed it, so she signed under his sig. So now I now have a " Believe the hype " shirt with Mike, Tony and Danielle's signatures, pretty cool. Anyway Tony gets me a 800 beanie and T-shirt. Very cool, all this is going on right after Mike was done riding, I heard him say something about the bike cornering better etc and while he's trying to dial his bike in he has time to fool with me, he was riding the 450, not sure why or which bike he likes better i didn't ask, i can say he looked like he was using all the 450's power and was really smooth. Seemed as if the KTM was a bit more quiet than the other bikes also.

Okay so they announce over the loudspeaker that Mike will be running a 30 min plus 2 lap moto at 2pm. Mike ran it just like a race day, took his mechanic to the line, pit board and all. He went the full 30 and didn't seem tired, i was taking pictures with my phone, it has at least a one second delay on the shutter, so i would snap the picture when he was about 20 feet from the spot. On one shot he whipped it flat with the tires away from me and did this killer look back. With a good camera, DC would be begging me to let him put it on the cover. My timing was off so I got a picture of the top of the jump with no bike. Sad i did get one timed right, it's low res but still cool. I have some video also, but it's low res also. I talked to a couple of people and they are supposed to hook me up with some good ones, so there's hope.

Here's one i timed right, 800 was landing a step up coming up from the back side..sorry about the low res..

I have no idea who the loud mouth redneck is.....Smile But you can tell from the video he was flat hauling ass.

The best picture I never took, my timing was off, but picture Mike whipping it, just clearing the lip and looking way back, it was cool.

Same spot but without a whip.

A big gap, the landing is out of the picture.

I guess that's it, I left a lot out, oh ya, after the moto i was sitting at a table by the snack bar and Tony just walked up the hill and sat down, it made me feel good, we chatted about some stuff (real insider stuff, can't share it, sorry) then he called to check on Jeff. Just an awesome day man, I won't forget it, thanks Mike and Tony you folks are good people.

[sorry for any grammar errors, i'm no writer, it was a cool day, Guyb let me back in so i could share it, I appreciate it]

awesome job! appreciate it
mxer993
11/20/2009 7:30am
That is one of Garren's favorite tracks, of course, it really is his home track. Since we are there working with the McWilliams family every race they have. Sure hate we missed it, but scheduling just wasn't there for us to attend.
txmxer
11/20/2009 7:43am
very cool Crash.
Cygnus
11/20/2009 7:53am
Good stuff Crash. Thanks for posting.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
11/20/2009 7:59am
Thanks everyone.
yzfjere
11/20/2009 9:27am
Great report. I snuck away from work and got there about 2:00. Mikey was hauling as expected. Ran motos with everyone and practiced multiple starts with everyone. Very cool of him! He passed me like I was parked...... and I was smiling the whole time. Smile
SMITH201
11/20/2009 10:45am
Ugh, its so depressing riding here on the east coast other than florida in the fall/winter months. Everything(plants/trees) look dead and depressing Dizzy
G-man
11/24/2009 5:36am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:06pm
Nice story Crash, thanks for posting.

Did you ask Tony if he has taken any advise from BoobyM in how to raise a Championship Rider? He seems to think Tony has failed and he could do a much better job. LMFAO!

"To Bobby M:
If you feel there is something wrong with my program please come over for a week after I get back from MX of Nations and see for yourself. It will clear up any misunderstandings you may have. "

Mike 800

Here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4u5jT7lbo

http://www.vitalmx.com/...Alessi-Update,649642

Post a reply to: Alessi ride day at Mill Creek report...

The Latest