Alessi returns

JoJmoto
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2015 11:52am
We raced the SE Area LLQ at Aonia Park MX this past weekend and Mike showed up. He also rode a sweet ass sounding two stroke in a class too. He was very approachable and took pic's and autographs for anyone who wanted them.

My son Lane (77), got to line up on the gate with him on a stagger start, Mike was given a 15-20 second head start and I am glad to say Lane didn't get lapped! Mike was haulin around the track pretty good to.

I spoke to his wrench who stated they will be racing several different venues starting with the a GP round.
|
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
5/7/2015 4:52pm
I wonder how mike liked the rm250 2banger
5/7/2015 4:59pm
Word on the street is he may show up at the Sleepy Hollow 2 stroke shootout. Hmmmmm
5/7/2015 5:03pm
He has gotten a lot of shit over the years but he's a cool dude in my book. Seems like he's just trying to have a good time lately.

The Shop

JoJmoto
5/7/2015 5:29pm
Yeah I saw FMF hooked him up with some new swag after the weekend. The bike sounded right when he was there, I bet its got a even better tone now.. I love the sound of a 2 stroke ridden like that!
jeffro503
5/7/2015 5:36pm
I don't know exactly what it is about Mike...but for some reason I see myself cheering for that guy more and more these past couple years. I think it's mainly because the dude just loves to race , and he doesn't care if it's a GP , A national , SX , a local freakin' fair race....he'll race! I also think it's totally badass that MCR is sticking behind him like this , and wouldn't doubt for a second that the exposure at these one off venue's gets smart-top more publicity. Instead of being over shadowed by all the craziness at the big races. Go kick ass Mike!
jeffro503
5/7/2015 5:38pm
All info covered last night on DMXS
And? Maybe a lot of don't have the spare time to listen to the show?

Thanks for the thread OP !
Dissident
5/7/2015 5:45pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't know exactly what it is about Mike...but for some reason I see myself cheering for that guy more and more these past couple years...
I don't know exactly what it is about Mike...but for some reason I see myself cheering for that guy more and more these past couple years. I think it's mainly because the dude just loves to race , and he doesn't care if it's a GP , A national , SX , a local freakin' fair race....he'll race! I also think it's totally badass that MCR is sticking behind him like this , and wouldn't doubt for a second that the exposure at these one off venue's gets smart-top more publicity. Instead of being over shadowed by all the craziness at the big races. Go kick ass Mike!
yeah, he isnt a cheater and doesn't use PEDS

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/7/2015 5:49pm
He has gotten a lot of shit over the years but he's a cool dude in my book. Seems like he's just trying to have a...
He has gotten a lot of shit over the years but he's a cool dude in my book. Seems like he's just trying to have a good time lately.
I dont think Mike is the problem because he has always been cool to everyone around him,even Tony was cool it must just be when Tony or Jeff go nuts or do something stupid that Mike gets the bad rap.
Excaliburbmx
5/7/2015 7:45pm
Great thread I am buying 4 bike stands from motoconcepts just because of the product and commitment to the sport.

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/7/2015 7:49pm
Mike said he was going to race on 3 different continents. Did he mean countries? Canada/US = North America and Europe

Regardless, I wish he would go full out in GP's and would have done so long ago. Outdoors is his forte and that series could be good for him.
JoJmoto
5/7/2015 7:53pm
iMoto

Yeah,, he still pretty good at that, even at the Amateur level.. lol

I told my son to watch him to see what he does different.. my son does really well at the start himself but if he can pick something up from Mike... I'll take that...

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
5/7/2015 7:54pm
JoJmoto wrote:
iMoto Yeah,, he still pretty good at that, even at the Amateur level.. lol I told my son to watch him to see what he does...
iMoto

Yeah,, he still pretty good at that, even at the Amateur level.. lol

I told my son to watch him to see what he does different.. my son does really well at the start himself but if he can pick something up from Mike... I'll take that...

You got that right
JRMX59
5/7/2015 8:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't know exactly what it is about Mike...but for some reason I see myself cheering for that guy more and more these past couple years...
I totally agree. And Genova just probably digging it vicariously through Mike. Not a bad thing at all. Look at that form, head and elbows way up. Nice!
tprice07
5/7/2015 8:45pm
Mike is a super nice guy in person. He was the only guy hanging out a good part of the pit party and signing autographs and talking to fans.
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
5/7/2015 10:00pm
Video footage of Mike riding the 2-stroke would be good.
JoJmoto
5/8/2015 4:32am
@ Outsider Mike was there to just have fun, not try and beat up on a bunch of Amateur guys. Who by the way had some pretty good competition actually in the way of these guys..

Plus he is just coming back from injury and needed to stretch his legs I'm sure.. I enjoyed seeing him there as well as a ton of other people. I don't dig his dad so much but in all fairness I have never spoke with Tony... even though I was standing right next to him. I just was not a fan of some of the things he did back in the day.. As for Jeff, he has done some pretty dumb things over the years but I think he too has a good heart in the end.
HenryA
5/8/2015 4:51am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 4:52am
I don't really understand this adventure that Alessi is on for the past couple of years. Why not focus entirly on the nationals? Is the competition too much? Do they want to sell more hot tub covers? Travel the world?

One thing is sure and that is that he won't win a championship this summer. Dry
IWreckALot
5/8/2015 5:44am
HenryA wrote:
I don't really understand this adventure that Alessi is on for the past couple of years. Why not focus entirly on the nationals? Is the competition...
I don't really understand this adventure that Alessi is on for the past couple of years. Why not focus entirly on the nationals? Is the competition too much? Do they want to sell more hot tub covers? Travel the world?

My observational opinion: I think they've submitted that Mike doesn't have the speed and consistency to win a championship and race wins are very few and far in between. So it sounds like they're working on building the fan base, trying to move forward from the past, and get as much exposure and brand awareness out there as they can. MX and SX are no different from Nascar in this sense. It's all about advertising. Motoconcepts is just taking a different approach. I haven't ever really laid into Mike, Tony, Jeff or Genova but I've been a little critical in the past. I gotta give them credit for taking this approach. Genova has definitely been a different kind of team owner than we've seen.

So in a nutshell, yes I think they want to sell more hot tub covers.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/8/2015 6:14am
Mike just likes to race. Always has, always will. Doesn't matter where or who he races.
5/8/2015 6:36am
HenryA wrote:
I don't really understand this adventure that Alessi is on for the past couple of years. Why not focus entirly on the nationals? Is the competition...

Just my opinion...the days of someone without factory support or a factory ride in the top 3 is dead and gone. The factory bikes with EFI and exclusive tire compounds is such a great advantage that someone like Alessi doesn't need to run a full series. He will get exposure running some GP's, MX and SX, Canadian Nationals and local races. At this point in his career he might as well just enjoy the experience of racing. Could Peick pull top 3 finishes on a privateer 450f?
5/8/2015 7:35am
HenryA wrote:

According to Tony, finishing 3rd OA in the outdoors a few years ago did nothing for them monetarily. Said that they can make more money elsewhere.
hammertime
5/8/2015 8:29am
Ramrod wrote:
Mike just likes to race. Always has, always will. Doesn't matter where or who he races.
you hear that dumbfucks? nothing more, nothing less. been that way for 15 years.

go take a crap on someone that deserves it.
5/8/2015 8:39am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 8:43am
JoJmoto wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/05/07/90318/s1200_DSC_1340.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/05/07/90319/s1200_DSC_1342.jpg[/img]

Elbows up. Check out the bloke on the other side of your son Dry . Elbows up, head over the bars, ride that clutch.
It's a basic that people just don't seem to worry about these days, but elbows up at the start and in the corners is a Basic. Needs to be made a habit.

Andrew Short is getting a lot of attention for his 3rd gear starts. I was doing them in 06, with the same results. got the first 9 hole shots for the season.
Until they started raving on this yr about Short doing it. I thought everyone did Laughing .

Big Alessi fan, always have been. IMO. Jeff handles himself well on here considering some of the remarks towards his family. How old was he when the laser pointer Incident happened again. Com'on fella's, Build a bridge! We all did stupid shit when we were younger. It's only when people don't learn from their mistakes they shouldn't be given another chance.

As for the Tickle T-bone. It just doesn't look right, I'm not convinced it was deliberate.
markit
5/8/2015 9:37am
All info covered last night on DMXS
They talked about the OP and his kid, Too cool
davistld01
5/8/2015 9:43am
Interesting that he's shown wearing JT pants with the JT logo on them instead of the ones he wore recently with only the Smarttop patches on them. Guess JT is a real-deal sponsor for MCR now.
Silliker269
5/8/2015 10:08am
So where do we got the 800 on the GP's ? I saying 7 - 12 range

Post a reply to: Alessi returns

The Latest