Alessi not tired in Moto 2?

RACEGUY
5/26/2010 12:18pm
I wonder what the response was from the KTM Krew when they heard TA on the webcast saying "WE found something" and talked about finally getting traction.

Facepalm??
Titan1
5/26/2010 12:25pm
CRF107 wrote:
He said on the podium that he was ready to go ride another moto. Did he just back it down for the last few laps, because...
He said on the podium that he was ready to go ride another moto. Did he just back it down for the last few laps, because I was watching his lap times and they dropped 4 seconds a lap on the last 4-5 laps, and Millsaps almost caught him. I think the gap at the finish line was barely over a second.
I agree...it didn't seem rehersed or planned at all....(Unless Mike has the potential for an acting career after moto).

I liked it.
-eagle-
5/26/2010 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:08pm
Anyone care to speculate on the cro moly frame and linkage in regards to how settled that thing looked coming in and out of all the chop? More flex than an aluminum frame?

Heard pulpman talk about 15 & 22 not feeling the 05 yz's frames after years on the steel.

dirthead1
5/26/2010 1:45pm
Apparently Reed has Alessi covered. First overall, right?

The Shop

teggers
5/26/2010 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2010 1:57pm
He is out testing today. Hard worker. Motocrosser.
Scrub124
5/26/2010 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:08pm
sxf138 wrote:
Well said i agree 10000000% you need to repost this in the Note To Alessi thread. He deserves credit. He got my respect, thats forsure. Its...
Well said i agree 10000000% you need to repost this in the Note To Alessi thread. He deserves credit. He got my respect, thats forsure. Its just a bunch of geezers talking crap all day online because they have nothing else to do. They dont know half of what mike goes through on a daily basis with training, testing and training some more. So he deserves to be super pumped, even though he didnt get the overall, he didnt care.
Nikhil wrote:
You think he goes through more than anyone else? You don't think that other riders are pumped when they win? They still manage to show their...
You think he goes through more than anyone else? You don't think that other riders are pumped when they win? They still manage to show their excitement without belittling the rest of the field with their comments.
hartebreak wrote:
actually yes, I do think he does go through more that alot of the riders. Even his peers have commented on how hard he trains. You...
actually yes, I do think he does go through more that alot of the riders. Even his peers have commented on how hard he trains. You dont see Mike out driving Ferarri's, getting tats, jumping ramps and rolling rental cars. The kid rides, and trains like a professional in his sport should. He always seems to come in prepared and focused. When have you ever seen Mike Alessi ever "mail one in" or ride around for a paycheck? As for the excitement on the podium, it seems like people bitch when riders do the plain jane thank the sponsors and god thing, but when Mike actually shows a little heart and a little pride in his results he gets blindsided. Tell me, what could he possibly do (besides firing his dad) that would cause everyone on here to give him props and say "good job" ? I honestly think people on here are haters and no matter what he does he cant win. Has he made mistakes? Yes. Has he made stupid decisions? Yes. But the kid is handling himself like a true professional and lets his riding do the talking. I just think people need to take a step back and be happy for a kid who is living his life doing what he loves and being good at it.
Well Im sorry to burst your bubble Alessi-stalker, But He doesnt work any harder than any of the CHAMPIONS out there like Reed, Stewart, RC, or Dunegy. Yeah he's fast, But guys like Reed dont need their dad keeping them on a short leash. Let me give you a quote from the press confrence after the race (thanks to weege's Redux column): I was really hoping Alessi would take a swig of Jager on the podium. It would provide great comedy and also give Mike an excuse for losing control in the post-race press conference, where, unfortunately, he said, "I just demolished them. I wasn’t tired, I feel like I can race a third moto. This is my helmet right here, and it’s not even sweaty."

That led the overall race winner, Reed, to quickly joke: "Wait, I actually won the race? I won, right? Because listening to the guy who got second, it sounds like he demolished everyone. Maybe I can go and get my helmet from the first moto so you can see that I didn’t sweat in it."

You're right hater-break. He sounds like he's letting the riding do the talking.

Post a reply to: Alessi not tired in Moto 2?

The Latest