Aldon promoting junk

Whip
Fantasy
3218th
2/13/2017 4:13pm
What's with Aldon Baker promoting all these useless "tools" & "supplements"? I can't see how stuff like this could possibly make money in our niche sport.

It makes me lose respect for the guy when he's suggesting that a clamp and a bag of caffeine will make me as fast as Musquin. I guess it feels like I could approach him with a big enough cheque and he'd endorse literally anything.

|
xr70
2/13/2017 4:18pm
That stuff makes money for him, get it ?
MR. X
2/13/2017 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 4:23pm
Don't like it ? Don't buy it .
EDIT: How much stuff do people buy for their bikes that don't make them any faster but they just have to have it ?
2/13/2017 4:21pm
I don't think the 4arm strong stuff is going to cure all the worlds arm pump, but I believe some riders benefit from it. The spray is just ridiculous and a total hoax. I hate that they sell the arm thing like it's revolutionary technology but you could probably make something to do the same thing with things in your garage lol. Although I'm not sure I can sit here and tell you that if someone wrote me a big check to endorse their product that I wouldn't take it, can't fault the guy for wanting to make money.
hvaughn88
2/13/2017 4:25pm
I thought we already had Groundhog Day

The Shop

Monte122
2/13/2017 4:25pm
Business acumen, ever heard of it?
kkawboy14
2/13/2017 4:27pm
When will some of you guys realize that this is all a business, who's model is for everyone to make money?
mx836
2/13/2017 4:30pm
It's all about the money. Ever noticed that JCB hat he wears in every interview? Must have got a sweet deal on some equipment for the property.
peelout
2/13/2017 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 4:35pm
the only useless tool is the one who doesn't know how to properly run a torque wrench on a set of mistreated sprocket bolts
Jmicmoto13
2/13/2017 4:42pm
peelout wrote:
the only useless tool is the one who doesn't know how to properly run a torque wrench on a set of mistreated sprocket bolts
Lol and there it is folks.
jmx411
2/13/2017 4:55pm
Everyone knows painting your fingernails helps with arm pump.
jj welks
2/13/2017 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 5:05pm
You think Aldon is different from anyone else in that if you get them a big enough check they'll endorse anythingLaughing the guy is a South African army vet, so I would respect him no matter what
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
2/13/2017 5:28pm
Aldon needs to license these and sell them. They were legit BITD.

JW381
2/13/2017 5:35pm
No different than any other fitness marketing. If someone has the money and wants to try it, then so be it. Won't be me, but will be someone else. Mr X really hit the nail on the head.
SVT-Cobra
2/13/2017 5:36pm
Because it makes him money. He is a trainer, not a medical professional. He says it works? He has no ethical grounds to prove that it does. Maybe it actually works, maybe it's a placebo effect, or maybe it's straight junk. Either way, if you buy this and you are doing so relying purely on Aldon Baker's word...you might be an idiot.
vetmxr
2/13/2017 6:25pm
Hell I'd sell crap in a cup if the public would buy it.........Its called business fellas.......as long as your not screwing people out of their money, if you can get people to believe in your product and make a few bucks along the way, no Harm......

If you want to be mad, be mad at the people that sell things that people NEED.......and then raise the price tenfold just because they can, without a care to what it does to normal peoples budget. They're the ones that give rich people a bad name..Smile

If people are lining up to hand you money, it's bad business to not grab every dollar....This is the mantra and mindset of most entrepreneurs..
kkawboy14
2/13/2017 6:28pm
jmx411 wrote:
Everyone knows painting your fingernails helps with arm pump.
What color? Smile
TXDirt
2/13/2017 6:28pm
He should spend less time selling stuff and instead promote stuff. That could make a difference.
Skidaddle
2/13/2017 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 6:44pm
Lots in this industry were promoting that mona vie garbage back then. Even Emig.
BGT21
2/13/2017 8:30pm
I don't think the 4arm strong stuff is going to cure all the worlds arm pump, but I believe some riders benefit from it. The spray...
I don't think the 4arm strong stuff is going to cure all the worlds arm pump, but I believe some riders benefit from it. The spray is just ridiculous and a total hoax. I hate that they sell the arm thing like it's revolutionary technology but you could probably make something to do the same thing with things in your garage lol. Although I'm not sure I can sit here and tell you that if someone wrote me a big check to endorse their product that I wouldn't take it, can't fault the guy for wanting to make money.
I remember in an old 4arm strong thread from a while ago someone actually went away and made their own home made device that looked exactly the same with a few bits he found laying around. Though i don't think it was his intentions he caught a bit of shit for posting it as it pretty much showed how easy it was to recreate.
RbR
2/13/2017 9:04pm
I am not familiar with the ingredients of MINDFX, but someone mentioned it contains caffeine. Caffeine is universally understood to facilitate improved synaptic functioning by thinning synaptic fluids. Additionally, Caffeine is widely used (usually a single cup) by endurance athletes for performance improvement, because Caffeine tricks the body into using fat stores for energy first while saving glycogen stores for later use.
APLMAN99
2/13/2017 9:19pm
I don't think the 4arm strong stuff is going to cure all the worlds arm pump, but I believe some riders benefit from it. The spray...
I have no idea what the forearm spray actually is, but I sort of assumed that it had some DMSO in it, which would make it fairly absorbable and might be just enough of an analgesic to make mild forearm pump not be nearly as noticeable for some riders.

Or it might simply be water........
WillyB
2/13/2017 9:43pm
you've tried which product so far............?
jeffro503
2/13/2017 10:04pm
BGT21 wrote:
I remember in an old 4arm strong thread from a while ago someone actually went away and made their own home made device that looked exactly...
I remember in an old 4arm strong thread from a while ago someone actually went away and made their own home made device that looked exactly the same with a few bits he found laying around. Though i don't think it was his intentions he caught a bit of shit for posting it as it pretty much showed how easy it was to recreate.
That was Nick , and I was the one that was giving him shit on it. I wasn't going after Nick really , just the way he came in and went about things. His was not the same as the 4arm strong device. It may of looked close , but it wasn't.

I am not going to say that the 4arm strong device was the best thing ever invented , but I understand how business works. And that's when something gets created , the initial start up costs for making something even as simple as the forearm device can cost a lot of money. Along with patents and so forth. That being said....the 4arm device helped some I guess , but not what I was looking for. My forearms actually always felt tired after using it. Like a hard riding day , when your arms get so pumped up , you lose half your grip strength and just feel dead. That's the feeling I was getting from the 4arm device. I tried to stay on a regular program with it , and did for a couple months , but never saw any benefits really.

Me personally...I suffer really bad with arm pump. Like really bad , always have. I'm willing to try anything. Slip and a few others posted a device a while ago that I'm going to try this year. And I trust what slip says , so I'm giving it a shot. It's one of these >> https://irolflex.com/
jeffro503
2/13/2017 10:08pm
RbR wrote:
I am not familiar with the ingredients of MINDFX, but someone mentioned it contains caffeine. Caffeine is universally understood to facilitate improved synaptic functioning by thinning...
I am not familiar with the ingredients of MINDFX, but someone mentioned it contains caffeine. Caffeine is universally understood to facilitate improved synaptic functioning by thinning synaptic fluids. Additionally, Caffeine is widely used (usually a single cup) by endurance athletes for performance improvement, because Caffeine tricks the body into using fat stores for energy first while saving glycogen stores for later use.
On the MindFX thing.....I have used it I think 4 different times. I'm not sure how it works , but dang it , it did help me through some riding days. It didn't give me a lot of energy or anything....just stayed at an even level most of the day. I'm actually ordering some of it up to try again.

Side note : Doesn't caffeine restrict blood vessels? Coffee never seemed to help or hurt , just never saw a difference.
fox1nz
2/13/2017 10:34pm
jeffro503 wrote:
On the MindFX thing.....I have used it I think 4 different times. I'm not sure how it works , but dang it , it did help...
On the MindFX thing.....I have used it I think 4 different times. I'm not sure how it works , but dang it , it did help me through some riding days. It didn't give me a lot of energy or anything....just stayed at an even level most of the day. I'm actually ordering some of it up to try again.

Side note : Doesn't caffeine restrict blood vessels? Coffee never seemed to help or hurt , just never saw a difference.
I wonder how much of anything we do and take is more mental than the actual product at work. I guess like a placebo .??
cd0583
2/13/2017 10:45pm
BGT21 wrote:
I remember in an old 4arm strong thread from a while ago someone actually went away and made their own home made device that looked exactly...
jeffro503 wrote:
That was Nick , and I was the one that was giving him shit on it. I wasn't going after Nick really , just the way...
That was Nick , and I was the one that was giving him shit on it. I wasn't going after Nick really , just the way he came in and went about things. His was not the same as the 4arm strong device. It may of looked close , but it wasn't.

I am not going to say that the 4arm strong device was the best thing ever invented , but I understand how business works. And that's when something gets created , the initial start up costs for making something even as simple as the forearm device can cost a lot of money. Along with patents and so forth. That being said....the 4arm device helped some I guess , but not what I was looking for. My forearms actually always felt tired after using it. Like a hard riding day , when your arms get so pumped up , you lose half your grip strength and just feel dead. That's the feeling I was getting from the 4arm device. I tried to stay on a regular program with it , and did for a couple months , but never saw any benefits really.

Me personally...I suffer really bad with arm pump. Like really bad , always have. I'm willing to try anything. Slip and a few others posted a device a while ago that I'm going to try this year. And I trust what slip says , so I'm giving it a shot. It's one of these >> https://irolflex.com/
What's your normal diet like? I know eating clean helped me tremendously.
jeffro503
2/13/2017 11:11pm
BGT21 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
That was Nick , and I was the one that was giving him shit on it. I wasn't going after Nick really , just the way...

cd0583 wrote:
What's your normal diet like? I know eating clean helped me tremendously.
I eat pretty clean , and for my age I have a pretty intense workout program. One of my main issues is my lungs. I was born with Asthma and also have some scar tissue built up on my left lung. The thing is , not everyone's forearms are built the same. The fascia tissue on my arms have always been really tight. A lot of former motocross guys use to have surgery done on their forearms for the same reason. I have to stretch the hell out of them before and after my rides. I can build my cardio and I'm fine every where else, except for my arm pump. Riding more helps , but I don't get to ride as much as I'd like too.
rubarb
2/14/2017 12:26am
A bag of caffeine and a forearm clamp...all you need now is the Ryan Hughes horse rocker thingy, lol

Friggin millenials....what the f ever happened to riding and putting time on the bike
2/14/2017 12:57am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I have no idea what the forearm spray actually is, but I sort of assumed that it had some DMSO in it, which would make it...
I have no idea what the forearm spray actually is, but I sort of assumed that it had some DMSO in it, which would make it fairly absorbable and might be just enough of an analgesic to make mild forearm pump not be nearly as noticeable for some riders.

Or it might simply be water........
Technically it is not possible to absorb something that deep. Even if it would.... you couldn't fix armpump with something analgesic.

What I don't like is that somebody can come up to flat out lie to people's faces and the public opinion about that is like "it's business, it's smart, stupid is to believe, don't buy it if you don't believe it, decide by yourself if it is possible..." Ugh! Smile

Post a reply to: Aldon promoting junk

The Latest