Aldon Baker, your thoughts...

bigborefan
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2014 1:16pm
There's a guy on another forum that I visit that just shreds Aldon Baker. Says he brings zero to the table. Says he just latches onto guys who are already fast and at the top of their games anyway. Interesting theory.

I don't know that I have an opinion one way or the other. He does seem to get his guys lean and mean. Some say too lean. But you don't see RV and RC fading at the end of motos.

In all honesty, what do you guys think?
|
hvaughn88
1/19/2014 5:59pm
I think he's very good at his job and whatever he's doing is working.
Crush
1/19/2014 6:01pm
Well... That's just retarded.

RC was struggling in the 250 class before Aldon got him into race shape - and from there, RC won a lot of races by wearing dudes out.

If you can't see the improvement in RV from the end of the 2010 season then I don't know what you'd be watching.

And clearly Kenny is riding with a lot of confidence.
OnRails
1/19/2014 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 6:04pm
bigborefan wrote:
There's a guy on another forum that I visit that just shreds Aldon Baker. Says he brings zero to the table. Says he just latches onto...
There's a guy on another forum that I visit that just shreds Aldon Baker. Says he brings zero to the table. Says he just latches onto guys who are already fast and at the top of their games anyway. Interesting theory.

I don't know that I have an opinion one way or the other. He does seem to get his guys lean and mean. Some say too lean. But you don't see RV and RC fading at the end of motos.

1/19/2014 6:03pm
bigborefan wrote:
There's a guy on another forum that I visit that just shreds Aldon Baker. Says he brings zero to the table. Says he just latches onto...

I think that's a crock of horse shit.

Aldon brings alot of knowledge from the cycling world to give his riders an "edge"

The results speak for themselves.

The Shop

sleeve1
Fantasy
1921st
1/19/2014 6:05pm
He's doing what he's getting paid to do...make these guys winners.
1/19/2014 6:06pm
There was a thing in "ask Ping" a week or so ago about Aldon and here what he said....

...."there are some, RV’s trainer included, who scrutinize everything that passes their lips and count every last calorie that gets consumed. You could argue that Aldon walks too fine a line between keeping his riders fit and pushing them into a continuous caloric deficit at the expense of their immune system and general well-being. You could… except for the avalanche of titles he’s won. Yes, Ryan will show up this Saturday with his cheeks sunken in like an Italian supermodel living on celery and cigarettes but he damn sure won’t get tired in the 20-lap main event"
Outsider
1/19/2014 6:08pm
bigborefan wrote:

You're thinking of Larry Brooks
DL
1/19/2014 6:13pm
Jealousy is an ugly human characteristic.
35smom
1/19/2014 6:17pm
bigborefan wrote:

You should have watched Supercross The Dream. It would have answered your question. What he does makes Champions.
JB 19
1/19/2014 6:30pm
The setup of Villopoto and Roczen training together is puzzling to me. Don't know if Aldon is trying to set himself up with a young guy for after Villopoto retires next year or what.

Maybe Ryan didn't feel threatened by Ken, but it appears to me that Roczen has a lot of speed in the tank and he is still playing it smart. Ken Roczens skill set is perfectly suited to a 450. He looks to me like he is only riding about 85%.

Like I said, strange deal.
bvm111
1/19/2014 7:38pm
JB 19 wrote:
The setup of Villopoto and Roczen training together is puzzling to me. Don't know if Aldon is trying to set himself up with a young guy...
The setup of Villopoto and Roczen training together is puzzling to me. Don't know if Aldon is trying to set himself up with a young guy for after Villopoto retires next year or what.

Maybe Ryan didn't feel threatened by Ken, but it appears to me that Roczen has a lot of speed in the tank and he is still playing it smart. Ken Roczens skill set is perfectly suited to a 450. He looks to me like he is only riding about 85%.

Like I said, strange deal.
I thought RV was pretty clear in his pre season interviews about having KR join the camp. he doesn't want to become complacent and ripping lap after lap without being pushed by a younger rider. RV may be king shit in the class right now, but, he still can learn from someone just entering the class.

pretty smart if you ask me?
jeffro503
1/19/2014 7:46pm
DL wrote:
It's definitely human nature to try and tear down people that are better at something , or smarter at something.....then the guys making the claims.

Unfortunately.....this sport and MX boards really are a magnet for people like this. Makes me sad to read some of the thing I see on here.
JW381
1/19/2014 7:53pm
Not fair to say he latches onto guys who are already good, they are the best, they choose the best to train them, plain and simple. Are there other guys who could train guys to the top of the sport? Sure, but Aldon has the best record so far.
35smom
1/19/2014 8:08pm
JW381 wrote:
Not fair to say he latches onto guys who are already good, they are the best, they choose the best to train them, plain and simple...
Not fair to say he latches onto guys who are already good, they are the best, they choose the best to train them, plain and simple. Are there other guys who could train guys to the top of the sport? Sure, but Aldon has the best record so far.
Exactly...its quite the opposite. The good guys come to him.
therealhammer
1/19/2014 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 8:17pm
I can promise you this , riders/managers come to him, not the other way around. He changes them physically to give them the confidence mentally to go execute every weekend. Its not just luck that has him some 15 titles and 1 Moto GP world title. The guy is a quiet genius and is about the most genuine person in the paddock.
Tim507
1/19/2014 8:17pm
bigborefan wrote:

OnRails wrote:
[img]http://v021o.popscreen.com/eGgydXNxMTI%3D_o_ryan-villopoto-prepares-for-the-monster-energy-.jpg[/img] 2009
I attended A1 whey Ryan looked like this - now I have been known Ryan since.....who cares.....and when I saw him in the pits I wanted to go up and shake him!!! He was overweight and was waddling around the pits!!! He had to have been eating all the wrong foods and bulking up!! Who ever was his coach or adviser needed an ASS WHOOPING........

Aldon came along and corrected RV bad habits - thank godWoohoo
karnivool
1/19/2014 9:14pm
i think aldon knows how to protein shake and cycle a guy into shape...but i don't know if it really makes them extremely better...weimer works with Aldon...he competes now but that's about it...

Aldon isn't the god of fitness for mx'ers...he just picks guys who have an incredible desire to work hard...probably why he and James didn't work out, they have different philosophies...

aldon didn't make Rv any faster...right wrist...red hair...big balls...
Crush
1/19/2014 10:05pm
Weimer is now working with RL... Just FYI
willie838
1/19/2014 10:10pm
yeah, he latches onto guys that are already good.

he then finds the extra 5-10% percent it takes to bring them up to the pinnacle of the sport.

it's not remotely easy business.
1/20/2014 12:01am
bigborefan wrote:

So more or less saying riders are dumb and don't know the difference. He must be good, look at the difference from Roczen. In my opinion Roczen will be 450 MX champ in 2014 because of Baker.
64 hardtop
1/20/2014 12:09am
I have had many chats with lance about aldon and hate me if you want but all of Aldon's top riders do a form of cheating. you aint gonna find it in the formal testing done today, but look at pictures of RV before aldone and look at pictures after. Whats even more funny is that Chris was called a crack head when he was on 85's.
bd
1/20/2014 12:29am
DL wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
It's definitely human nature to try and tear down people that are better at something , or smarter at something.....then the guys making the claims. Unfortunately.....this...
It's definitely human nature to try and tear down people that are better at something , or smarter at something.....then the guys making the claims.

Unfortunately.....this sport and MX boards really are a magnet for people like this. Makes me sad to read some of the thing I see on here.
Its called a projection - when a person projects, he or she does not embrace the human emotion or characteristic he or she judging (its a mirror).
shredder22
1/20/2014 1:12am
64 hardtop wrote:
I have had many chats with lance about aldon and hate me if you want but all of Aldon's top riders do a form of cheating...
I have had many chats with lance about aldon and hate me if you want but all of Aldon's top riders do a form of cheating. you aint gonna find it in the formal testing done today, but look at pictures of RV before aldone and look at pictures after. Whats even more funny is that Chris was called a crack head when he was on 85's.
You are a complete moron.
shredder22
1/20/2014 1:14am
So more or less saying riders are dumb and don't know the difference. He must be good, look at the difference from Roczen. In my opinion...
So more or less saying riders are dumb and don't know the difference. He must be good, look at the difference from Roczen. In my opinion Roczen will be 450 MX champ in 2014 because of Baker.
You ever heard of a guy named Ryan Villopoto? Well he's the reigning MX and SX champ and unless he gets injured, I think he's gonna have a little something to say for you're prediction there buddy.

Post a reply to: Aldon Baker, your thoughts...

The Latest