Aldon Baker

albythizzle
8/24/2014 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2014 9:42pm
I have been wondering why Aldon Bakers program for his riders seem to produce the most champions. I understand all of the RV championships with him makes him look really great, but what is he doing some much differently? Why do the top guys go to him, I know he was a champion bike racer, but what is that program like? I hear it's pretty hardcore, and it has been proven a few times to win championship.
|
zook11
8/24/2014 5:44pm
It's simple, he trains the best riders.
olds cool
8/24/2014 5:45pm
Mon a 'vie? ( not sure if I spelled it correctly )
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
8/24/2014 5:50pm
He will wake you up and make you hate him daily but they signed up and paid for it and it works. I wish I had a drill sargent for a month or a week or...
RM127
8/24/2014 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2014 5:53pm
I believe the difference is all mental not physical.

He can do the same work out as another trainer but produce better results.

The more an item costs, the greater the quality you think it has. Surround yourself with the best(perceived) and you will become the best.

The Shop

bents
Fantasy
694th
8/24/2014 6:04pm
He is excellent at what he does. His methods are rooted in sport science. He understands every facet of sport science. He works with them in every area (on the bike, off the bike, nutrition, recovery, psychology) He does with work some of the best talent in the world, but he also works with the most driven as well. Slackers need not apply as it wouldn't matter who they worked with, it wouldn't pay off the same way as someone who is willing to suffer with the belief that if they do the work that is being asked of them will help them to achieve their goals.

If WP for example worked with Aldon I believe fully he would be a constant podium guy. He is driven and would do whatever was asked of him. He probably couldn't afford to pay the fee which I am sure is pricey.
Huckster
8/24/2014 6:06pm
Great players make great coaches.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
8/24/2014 6:08pm
I have been wondering why Aldon Bakers program for his riders seem to produce the most champions. I understand all of the RV championships with him...
I have been wondering why Aldon Bakers program for his riders seem to produce the most champions. I understand all of the RV championships with him makes him look really great, but what is he doing some much differently? Why do the top guys go to him, I know he was a champion bike racer, but what is that program like? I hear it's pretty hardcore, and it has been proven a few times to win championship.
Every rider that has won with him also won without him.
Sandberm
8/24/2014 6:08pm
bents wrote:
He is excellent at what he does. His methods are rooted in sport science. He understands every facet of sport science. He works with them in...
He is excellent at what he does. His methods are rooted in sport science. He understands every facet of sport science. He works with them in every area (on the bike, off the bike, nutrition, recovery, psychology) He does with work some of the best talent in the world, but he also works with the most driven as well. Slackers need not apply as it wouldn't matter who they worked with, it wouldn't pay off the same way as someone who is willing to suffer with the belief that if they do the work that is being asked of them will help them to achieve their goals.

If WP for example worked with Aldon I believe fully he would be a constant podium guy. He is driven and would do whatever was asked of him. He probably couldn't afford to pay the fee which I am sure is pricey.
Your statement about Weston and his work ethic together with the Aldon Baker program is very interesting. Ive never thought of Weston working with Aldon, but he certainly has the work ethic and tenacity to excel beyond where he is at.

Nice post Bents.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
8/24/2014 6:11pm
bents wrote:
He is excellent at what he does. His methods are rooted in sport science. He understands every facet of sport science. He works with them in...

Weston wouldn't be a top 3 guy with Aldon either. All the work ethic in the world wont give him more talent.
Flip109
8/24/2014 6:16pm
He is a great trainer obviously. But RV JS and RC were killing it before him. It takes a combo of everything to reach those levels. Not just a trainer. He's just a piece of the puzzle. Happens to be a pretty good piece.
bents
Fantasy
694th
8/24/2014 6:39pm
bents wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
Weston wouldn't be a top 3 guy with Aldon either. All the work ethic in the world wont give him more talent.
I will respectfully disagree in that the focused and structured environment that Aldon provides I believe would take him to the next level. I look at WP just like I do Jeff Stanton. ABMF who will work like a dog till they get there. Jeff didn't have RJ's talent but he worked till he won. Even though RC and RV were winners beforehand I absolutely believe that they wouldn't have been nearly as dominant without the discipline Aldon provided.

This statement personifies what Aldon represents:
Getting people to do what they don't want to do in order to achieve what they want to achieve.
Excaliburbmx
8/24/2014 7:19pm
Weston Peick is a beast I am amazed that without a lot of support he is bringing in great results and hope he keeps doing great.
To bad he cant keep going on a yellow or green bike.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
8/24/2014 7:57pm
bents wrote:
I will respectfully disagree in that the focused and structured environment that Aldon provides I believe would take him to the next level. I look at...
I will respectfully disagree in that the focused and structured environment that Aldon provides I believe would take him to the next level. I look at WP just like I do Jeff Stanton. ABMF who will work like a dog till they get there. Jeff didn't have RJ's talent but he worked till he won. Even though RC and RV were winners beforehand I absolutely believe that they wouldn't have been nearly as dominant without the discipline Aldon provided.

Getting people to do what they don't want to do in order to achieve what they want to achieve.
First off, I have nothing against Peick, I just don't get why everyone think she is the second coming.

Go watch videos of Stanton ride, then watch Weston. Weston's not even in the same area code talent wise. I believe that Peick is doing great with the tools he has, but he will never be what everyone seems to think he is.

I don't care what anyone says, RC and RV would've won with or without Aldon, its how they're wired, there is no quit in them and they will work until they die to achieve their goals.
davistld01
8/24/2014 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2014 8:05pm
What is Baker's fee per year? I remember reading somewhere that RV was paying him around $300k.
DonM
8/24/2014 8:09pm
bents wrote:
I will respectfully disagree in that the focused and structured environment that Aldon provides I believe would take him to the next level. I look at...

UpTiTe wrote:
First off, I have nothing against Peick, I just don't get why everyone think she is the second coming. Go watch videos of Stanton ride, then...
First off, I have nothing against Peick, I just don't get why everyone think she is the second coming.

Go watch videos of Stanton ride, then watch Weston. Weston's not even in the same area code talent wise. I believe that Peick is doing great with the tools he has, but he will never be what everyone seems to think he is.

I don't care what anyone says, RC and RV would've won with or without Aldon, its how they're wired, there is no quit in them and they will work until they die to achieve their goals.
What Aldo brought to RC and RV was a system that they couldn't have created themselves. Put that with their talent and you had dominance.
Matthes
8/24/2014 8:26pm
Baker's great at what he does but what did Weimer, Rattray or Townley win with him by their side? It's the rider that makes the difference, not the trainer. And Aldon will be the first guy to tell you that.

It should be interesting to see what happens when he starts with Dungey next year...
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
8/24/2014 8:37pm
Matthes wrote:
Baker's great at what he does but what did Weimer, Rattray or Townley win with him by their side? It's the rider that makes the difference...
Baker's great at what he does but what did Weimer, Rattray or Townley win with him by their side? It's the rider that makes the difference, not the trainer. And Aldon will be the first guy to tell you that.

It should be interesting to see what happens when he starts with Dungey next year...
Is it safe to assume Roczen is staying aboard as well?
BAMX
8/24/2014 8:42pm
bents wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
Man...You are like a clock. Peick's name comes up and you can't get in fast enough to run him down and say how little talent he has.
wagonmaster
8/24/2014 8:45pm
Hold on Hold on you mean Dungey and Roczen are both working with Baker next year??????
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
8/24/2014 8:48pm
Hold on Hold on you mean Dungey and Roczen are both working with Baker next year??????
From the sounds of it Dungey is for sure. Haven't heard anything concrete about Roczen yet though. I can't see why he would bail now....
Monte122
8/24/2014 8:49pm
Dungey, KR, AC I'm not sure if there is more.
8/24/2014 9:37pm
I think it's lame that Dungey is joining up. I don't understand the mentality of joining up with your main comp
bents
Fantasy
694th
8/24/2014 9:58pm
Matthes wrote:
Baker's great at what he does but what did Weimer, Rattray or Townley win with him by their side? It's the rider that makes the difference...

Fair enough but both Rattray and Townley were brought down by injuries to some degree but were threats to win when they were heathy no? As for Weimer, that I couldn't say as Lawrence hasn't had a significant impact on Weimer moving forward either. I will maintain that while RV and RC and James for that matter would have won a significant amount of races and titles, not one of them would have put up the numbers they have without Baker.

Dungey will benefit a great deal from Baker as he no doubt respects him and he wants to win and will do whatever is asked of him to win. The perfect student as far as I can tell.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
8/24/2014 10:59pm
I would say Roczen won this title despite Baker, in both series he looked beat by the end. With his talent he is going to win with or without Baker. Without him his career will probably be much longer.
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
8/24/2014 11:16pm
Why didn't Weimer win when he was with Aldon?
He certainly did better. He almost won a moto. This year? He got lapped TWICE last weekend in moto one.

Love the 'great players make great coaches' line above. I do some basketball coaching and can totally relate! Ha
jeffro503
8/24/2014 11:26pm
bents wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
BAMX wrote:
Man...You are like a clock. Peick's name comes up and you can't get in fast enough to run him down and say how little talent he...
Man...You are like a clock. Peick's name comes up and you can't get in fast enough to run him down and say how little talent he has.
Starting to see this pattern too. What up....Uptite? Lou kick you out of the pit area or something? Geezuz! Doesn't really matter what your opinion is.....JRG and other teams think highly of him.....and that's what matters. They are the ones signing the checks.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/25/2014 12:05am
KennyT wrote:
I would say Roczen won this title despite Baker, in both series he looked beat by the end. With his talent he is going to win...
I would say Roczen won this title despite Baker, in both series he looked beat by the end. With his talent he is going to win with or without Baker. Without him his career will probably be much longer.
Was he a bit flat in the middle of the season? Yes. But he came back strong in both Indiana (when it really counted) and also in Tooele.

In the press conference he talked about how hard it is to maintain peak fitness for extended periods, and how if you overdo it a bit, it's hard to recover.
IWreckALot
8/25/2014 4:44am
MxKing809 wrote:
From the sounds of it Dungey is for sure. Haven't heard anything concrete about Roczen yet though. I can't see why he would bail now....
I can only speculate, but to go along with what GuyB said, I have a feeling some of these guys might learn a few things from RV. Both in the form of what he did do along with what he didn't do. If KR and RV are buds, I have a feeling RV has been brutally honest about the struggles of staying with Aldon's program long term. I know nothing about what is going on but if I were in KR's shoes, I'd want to learn the program for 2 years then go it on my own just to keep from burning out.

Post a reply to: Aldon Baker

The Latest