Aftermarket e-start that attaches to kickstarter gear

jcsmiley
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2015 9:32pm
I’m designing a new product for a class and this is what I came up with. After taking off the kickstart lever, the estart motor and starter gear would attach to the kickstart shaft. The design would also include a place to attach the old kick start lever so that it can be kick or e start. The design would probably require taking the kickstart return spring off from inside the clutch cover so that the motor could continuously spin until it turns over instead of just spinning the length of the kickstart throw. I’m interested in knowing how much demand there would be for such a product and a price range people might be willing to pay.
Thanks
|
4/13/2015 9:26pm
It's unlikely you could just bolt something to the kickstart shaft, and still be able to kickstart it. The best way is to produce a new RHS crank case with an electric start motor mount on the outside and do it that way. Much simpler, less bulky and seamless in design.
Berm
Fantasy
136th
4/13/2015 9:32pm
It's unlikely you could just bolt something to the kickstart shaft, and still be able to kickstart it. The best way is to produce a new...
It's unlikely you could just bolt something to the kickstart shaft, and still be able to kickstart it. The best way is to produce a new RHS crank case with an electric start motor mount on the outside and do it that way. Much simpler, less bulky and seamless in design.
That's very similar to the trx450er motor. Hard to make room for the kicker gear and one-way bearing though on the dirtbike engine though.

Post a reply to: Aftermarket e-start that attaches to kickstarter gear

The Latest