After watching LLs all week, this track layout is best I have seen

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 8/4/2014 8:38am
No huge 60 mph tables or sketchy triples., Jumps that must be singled that turn the legs to noodles.

The sand section is perfect because you are turning slightly and there are no jumps in it,just bravery and stamina.

The inside anthills really take away the advantage of one inside rut like it used to get.

And,I have not seen a 1st turn pileup ,,plowing it deep and the sand they added slowed it down,nice.
|
Gringoe
8/1/2014 8:49am
It might be a minute since you've raced, because every single rider out there on a big bike wishes there was real jumps. 50cc 4-6 hit everyone except one... It's boring as shit. Coming from someone who's rode it the last 10+ years. While the track prep gets better every year, the layout gets more boring and less fun.

Been as many first turn piles ups as normal guess you aren't watching enough
cb49
8/1/2014 8:54am
There has been quite a bit of first turn wrecks. I have not watched as much as I should've since I'm pitted 2 miles away but oddly enough the motos I watched there was first turn wrecks. The start is oddly fair from most gate picks.
motomike137
8/1/2014 8:59am
There is only so much they can do with the location they have to work with. In some ways it would be nice to see the event at a much better track but otherwise the event is fantastic imho.
Gringoe
8/1/2014 9:02am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 9:04am
I think it's time for a full layout revamp like they did a few years ago

I think the race should stay there, even though it's in a humidity hell hole on a track with 0 elevation and 30 foot jumps. It's history baby

The Shop

Zracer
8/1/2014 9:30am
Gringoe wrote:
I think it's time for a full layout revamp like they did a few years ago I think the race should stay there, even though it's...

I think the race should stay there, even though it's in a humidity hell hole on a track with 0 elevation and 30 foot jumps. It's history baby
History is all it has. The tracks have always been boring, and for many years one lined. All the great tracks we have but this is what they run the national championships on. It makes 0 sense.
dirtdog36
8/1/2014 10:02am
Gringoe wrote:
I think it's time for a full layout revamp like they did a few years ago I think the race should stay there, even though it's...

Zracer wrote:
History is all it has. The tracks have always been boring, and for many years one lined. All the great tracks we have but this is...
History is all it has. The tracks have always been boring, and for many years one lined. All the great tracks we have but this is what they run the national championships on. It makes 0 sense.
Please tell me one place on earth that has a track, enough space for that many people for a week, stuff to do for non-racers, as many hook ups and wants to let dirt bike crazies hold their annual pilgrimage and is somewhat in the middle of the country.

Also remember they tried branson and everyone wanted it back at LL's
8/1/2014 10:16am
Also, It is raced on only once a year. I'm guessing it is so people that live close to the area won't have a huge advantage by practicing on it every weekend. Not too many tracks can hold one race per year. I think it looks pretty fun. Yes, there are no huge hucks, but it is well layed out for kids to enjoy as well. I think it is a good blend for all riders. Dirt looked awesome.
mrquick
8/1/2014 11:18am
The track is awesome. The weather this week has been unbelievable. The TV coverage is absolutely great. BUT....The
announcing is just intolerable. Borderline embarrassing. Sounds like a bunch of high school kids in a tent smoking pot for
the first time. This is NOT what the sport needs in order to go forward. I actually had to mute the sound as it made me sick
to listen to it. I live about two hours from the track and haven't missed going but a few times since 1984. Due to health reasons
I stayed at home this year only to get sicker listening to the broadcast. Who ever is in charge of this please put a stop to the madness. We can do better than this and the guys and gals that laid it on the line to get there deserve better....much better.
hillbilly
8/1/2014 11:49am
Gringoe wrote:
It might be a minute since you've raced, because every single rider out there on a big bike wishes there was real jumps. 50cc 4-6 hit...
It might be a minute since you've raced, because every single rider out there on a big bike wishes there was real jumps. 50cc 4-6 hit everyone except one... It's boring as shit. Coming from someone who's rode it the last 10+ years. While the track prep gets better every year, the layout gets more boring and less fun.

What is your name? So we can see how you did.
Jharper
8/1/2014 2:07pm
Gringoe wrote:

Zracer wrote:
History is all it has. The tracks have always been boring, and for many years one lined. All the great tracks we have but this is...
dirtdog36 wrote:
Please tell me one place on earth that has a track, enough space for that many people for a week, stuff to do for non-racers, as...
Please tell me one place on earth that has a track, enough space for that many people for a week, stuff to do for non-racers, as many hook ups and wants to let dirt bike crazies hold their annual pilgrimage and is somewhat in the middle of the country.

Also remember they tried branson and everyone wanted it back at LL's
Durhamtown plantation.
Shawn142
8/1/2014 3:22pm
It stays there because it's an even playing field. There's no home town advantage or local guy burning a zillion laps while you're halfway across the country. The track is used once a year for 2 weeks then left to grow grass.
motomike137
8/1/2014 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 3:56pm
Shawn142 wrote:
It stays there because it's an even playing field. There's no home town advantage or local guy burning a zillion laps while you're halfway across the...
It stays there because it's an even playing field. There's no home town advantage or local guy burning a zillion laps while you're halfway across the country. The track is used once a year for 2 weeks then left to grow grass.
It may be an even playing field but the track doesn't really do justice to the modern version of the sport (imho). When I win the mega millions I'm gonna buy a huge piece of hilly ass land in the middle of the country and build a new facility just for this race!
CrashMaster
8/1/2014 3:51pm
Coming from a spectator watching on the net, after you've watched 6 races in a row where nothing exciting happens because the track layout is terrible, you're so bored you dont want to watch anymore. And what's up with every single podium speech everybody thanks their fictitious friend in the sky like he helped them train for this race and is like a super sponsor. Is it the new trend?
Dirty Mike
8/1/2014 4:10pm
There is only so much they can do with the location they have to work with. In some ways it would be nice to see the...
There is only so much they can do with the location they have to work with. In some ways it would be nice to see the event at a much better track but otherwise the event is fantastic imho.
Agreed. Although I would hate to see it move from the ranch, I would love to see the event at shougal
mrquick
8/1/2014 11:18pm
Coming from a spectator watching on the net, after you've watched 6 races in a row where nothing exciting happens because the track layout is terrible...
Coming from a spectator watching on the net, after you've watched 6 races in a row where nothing exciting happens because the track layout is terrible, you're so bored you dont want to watch anymore. And what's up with every single podium speech everybody thanks their fictitious friend in the sky like he helped them train for this race and is like a super sponsor. Is it the new trend?
Is it the new trend?

I sure hope it is....have a blessed day.
Old-Man
8/1/2014 11:30pm
hillbilly wrote:
No huge 60 mph tables or sketchy triples., Jumps that must be singled that turn the legs to noodles. The sand section is perfect because you...
No huge 60 mph tables or sketchy triples., Jumps that must be singled that turn the legs to noodles.

The sand section is perfect because you are turning slightly and there are no jumps in it,just bravery and stamina.

The inside anthills really take away the advantage of one inside rut like it used to get.

And,I have not seen a 1st turn pileup ,,plowing it deep and the sand they added slowed it down,nice.
I getcha HB...Was telling my wife as she was saying "Why do you watch the LL all the time" I wish the LL was around when I was an Armature.
The track is sweet, the comrade, the location, lotion, location.
Hell, just to get a chance to see & meet the future stars and camp is a major plus...I don't know about you-all but the 65 and 85 all ages is the class of the field every year...Love when LL comes around
Old-Man
8/1/2014 11:42pm
Gringoe wrote:
It might be a minute since you've raced, because every single rider out there on a big bike wishes there was real jumps. 50cc 4-6 hit...

Just by saying "It might be a minute" I can tell your out of touch with real Moto.

Dude......BRO..........

Get a friggin grip on what these amateurs race on just to get to LL...pretty sure most have wiped their ass with you on tracks you proclaim to be tough.
And if not? why dis such a good event that puts all folks that love moto?

DOUCHE!

Gringeo? really? Hows our welfare system treating you Fuking DOUCHE BAG
Old-Man
8/1/2014 11:44pm
Gringoe wrote:

I need some drugs....can you deliver them to me?.......FKN PLEASE?
teggers
8/2/2014 1:04am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2014 1:05am
Coming from a spectator watching on the net, after you've watched 6 races in a row where nothing exciting happens because the track layout is terrible...
I really do get this. It is not a new trend.
hillbilly
8/2/2014 4:20am
Gringoe wrote:

Old-Man wrote:
Lol, me too.

Guess he dont have a name, going 10 yrs in a row to a place that sucks that bad, he must picked a banjo on a porch in a burt Reynolds movie in his past also.
woodsryder
Fantasy
3295th
8/2/2014 9:38am
Stay classy.
motojoel
8/2/2014 2:43pm
I do think that more of the "jumps" should be jumpable, so that there could be some smoothness and flow found out there. The overall Loretta's experience is really awesome.
Gringoe
8/2/2014 4:28pm
Gringoe wrote:

Old-Man wrote:
Just by saying "It might be a minute" I can tell your out of touch with real Moto. Dude......BRO.......... Get a friggin grip on what these...
Just by saying "It might be a minute" I can tell your out of touch with real Moto.

Dude......BRO..........

Get a friggin grip on what these amateurs race on just to get to LL...pretty sure most have wiped their ass with you on tracks you proclaim to be tough.
And if not? why dis such a good event that puts all folks that love moto?

DOUCHE!

Gringeo? really? Hows our welfare system treating you Fuking DOUCHE BAG
None of your post made any fucking sense. Congratulations.

I didn't diss the event try reading my post buddy I said the event should stay and that the prep has gotten better and that the only thing lacking is the layout.

I'm not mexican either. It's a username. Go fuck yourself

DOUCHEBAG

(Disclaimer I don't usually call people names on the internet unless you call me them first Laughing )
Gringoe
8/2/2014 4:31pm
Gringoe wrote:

Old-Man wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Lol, me too. Guess he dont have a name, going 10 yrs in a row to a place that sucks that bad, he must picked a...
Lol, me too.

Guess he dont have a name, going 10 yrs in a row to a place that sucks that bad, he must picked a banjo on a porch in a burt Reynolds movie in his past also.
Once again only thing I said that sucked was the layout, and yeah because you really have a decision wether or not to go to the most important am race...
mx317
8/2/2014 4:56pm
Gringoe wrote:
Once again only thing I said that sucked was the layout, and yeah because you really have a decision wether or not to go to the...
Once again only thing I said that sucked was the layout, and yeah because you really have a decision wether or not to go to the most important am race...
Answer his question. Did you win, place, or even ride there? If so what class? You must ride Pro Sport to want a more challenging track.
Dx3moto
8/2/2014 5:16pm
I think LL comes down to corner speed and carrying momentum, which is real motocross. I hope they keep everything as is, racing is never a let down at LL.
Dirty Mike
8/2/2014 5:30pm
Gringoe wrote:
Once again only thing I said that sucked was the layout, and yeah because you really have a decision wether or not to go to the...
Please stop trying to make yourself come off as a promising superstar in motocross through your posts. It's not a good look for you, everyone here knows you are NOT.
bish153
8/2/2014 6:30pm
Gringoe wrote:

hillbilly wrote:
What is your name? So we can see how you did.
His name is Robert Paulson
8/2/2014 6:55pm
Track looked like pure motocross to me. Watched all week at work and there was some damn good racing. So pumped I'm thinking about trying to make it next year.
mx317
8/2/2014 7:23pm
bish153 wrote:
His name is Robert Paulson
Hmmmm, there is no Robert Paulson listed in the LL's vault.

Post a reply to: After watching LLs all week, this track layout is best I have seen

The Latest