Adam Cianciarulo - Salvaging Points

Grieby54
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 12:57pm
What's with Chase Stallo's articles on Racer X talking about AC "salvaging points" in Daytona?

From Open Mic:
"Was this a night to just salvage points, so the speak?"

From 250 Words:
"...salvaging second on a night when teammate Blake Baggett was untouchable."

Since when is transferring straight from your heat, starting top 3, and finishing second "salvaging" anything? This is the kid's fourth supercross race. He has gone 1-2-1-2, so I would say that this night was a great night for him, not a "salvaging" one.

And, while I'm bitching I might as well get this out there, too:
Chase's Article on PJ Larsen
Put down the thesaurus, Chase. Did your brother really utter PJ's name with a harsh defiance in his voice?

Flame on.
|
BobbyM
3/12/2014 6:30am
Grieby54 wrote:
What's with Chase Stallo's articles on Racer X talking about AC "salvaging points" in Daytona? From Open Mic: "Was this a night to just salvage points...
What's with Chase Stallo's articles on Racer X talking about AC "salvaging points" in Daytona?

From Open Mic:
"Was this a night to just salvage points, so the speak?"

From 250 Words:
"...salvaging second on a night when teammate Blake Baggett was untouchable."

Since when is transferring straight from your heat, starting top 3, and finishing second "salvaging" anything? This is the kid's fourth supercross race. He has gone 1-2-1-2, so I would say that this night was a great night for him, not a "salvaging" one.

And, while I'm bitching I might as well get this out there, too:
Chase's Article on PJ Larsen
Put down the thesaurus, Chase. Did your brother really utter PJ's name with a harsh defiance in his voice?

Flame on.
Crybaby54...go back to bed.
Grieby54
3/12/2014 6:56am
BobbyM wrote:
Crybaby54...go back to bed.
I wish I could, Booby. Some of us have to make a living, though. Hobble along now...
TomZ
Fantasy
4402nd
3/12/2014 7:04am
Highest possible compliment.................he is now expected to dominate after racing 4 supercross races.

Funny how quickly that bar got raised to the top.

There are plenty of guys that hope to "salvage" a 2nd place finish someday.

The Shop

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/12/2014 7:18am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 7:19am
A guy that he has beat at the preceding rounds gets out front and is pulling away. Should he pick up his pace to run down the leader, or play it safe and salvage 2nd and the points over Davalos? Maybe not the best usage of the word salvage, but did you really have to start a thread about it? I was thinking that was the whiniest thing I have read on Vital in a long time, but then I got to the PJ Larsen part. WTF? Did Stallo make off with your girl or something?
kongols
3/12/2014 7:20am
He was salvaging points by kicking his closest competitors ass.
Grieby54
3/12/2014 7:21am
That's the thing - unless you're coming from DFL or face some sort of major adversity through the night/week, nobody "salvages" a second. Salvaging means saving as much from a loss/wreck/disaster as possible. Nothing about his night was a loss/wreck/disaster, therefore there was nothing to salvage. He had a good night.

I know it's just a semantics thing. A good use of the word "salvage" would be what RV did a couple of weeks ago when he and Kenny were on the ground in the first corner (DFL), and he came back to 4th. That is salvaging the night. If he had a big crash during the week and wasn't able to ride at all - then the question of "Was tonight just about salvaging points" would make sense. But in this context it's like asking RV if his win was about salvaging points. It just doesn't make sense.
3/12/2014 7:23am
AC tied his worst finish all season at Daytona. He was in survive/salvage mode for sure.
Grieby54
3/12/2014 7:24am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2014 7:24am
GrapeApe wrote:
A guy that he has beat at the preceding rounds gets out front and is pulling away. Should he pick up his pace to run down...
A guy that he has beat at the preceding rounds gets out front and is pulling away. Should he pick up his pace to run down the leader, or play it safe and salvage 2nd and the points over Davalos? Maybe not the best usage of the word salvage, but did you really have to start a thread about it? I was thinking that was the whiniest thing I have read on Vital in a long time, but then I got to the PJ Larsen part. WTF? Did Stallo make off with your girl or something?
Awwww... does my post hurt your feelings? Feel free not to read it.

I guess when you're getting paid to do something, I expect you to be good at it. That's how it works at my job anyways...
IWreckALot
3/12/2014 7:29am
Yeah that was an odd way to describe Adam's Daytona ride. I'll have to say that AC didn't look like he was as comfortable on the bike at Daytona. Maybe he was a few clicks off that day. But Baggett rode crazy awesome so maybe AC was over-riding trying to catch him. Not sure which of the two it was. Maybe both.

When all the hype was being built before AC started this year, I really had my doubts and I don't usually like riders that are hyped this much but this kid has got it going on. He is one kid that deserved the hype prior to turning pro. His interviews are nice and he didn't even thank the 30 sponsors after his heat race win.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/12/2014 7:30am
GrapeApe wrote:
A guy that he has beat at the preceding rounds gets out front and is pulling away. Should he pick up his pace to run down...
Grieby54 wrote:
Awwww... does my post hurt your feelings? Feel free not to read it. I guess when you're getting paid to do something, I expect you to...

I guess when you're getting paid to do something, I expect you to be good at it. That's how it works at my job anyways...
You didn't hurt my feelings. I just found your post so remarkably bitch-like that I was moved to post about it. The next time you start a thread over something this ridiculous, I will probably do the same thing.
Grieby54
3/12/2014 7:52am
GrapeApe wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
Awwww... does my post hurt your feelings? Feel free not to read it. I guess when you're getting paid to do something, I expect you to...

GrapeApe wrote:
You didn't hurt my feelings. I just found your post so remarkably bitch-like that I was moved to post about it. The next time you start...
You didn't hurt my feelings. I just found your post so remarkably bitch-like that I was moved to post about it. The next time you start a thread over something this ridiculous, I will probably do the same thing.
So you're bitching about my bitching and will continue to do so in the future? Noted.
BobbyM
3/12/2014 8:00am
GrapeApe wrote:
Bingo
BobbyM
3/12/2014 8:01am
GrapeApe wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:

Somebody hired you? Afuckingmazing!
NP301
3/12/2014 8:01am
Grieby54 wrote:
I wish I could, Booby. Some of us have to make a living, though. Hobble along now...
Grieby54
3/12/2014 8:23am
NP301 wrote:
[img]http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1349799911442_6391509.png[/img]
Wow. Your meme really moved me and I will now change the way I reply to BobbyDouche. Thanks for the wake up call.
Grieby54
3/12/2014 8:26am
BobbyM wrote:
I know it's probably tough for you to imagine being good enough at something to get paid to do it. But imagine if you could get paid for what you do best - sucking Alessi dick. That's called a job. I'm sure Alessi would hire you, but I wouldn't count on much pay.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/12/2014 8:34am
His early success now has him now unfairly "expected" to win. Seems like a tough enough kid to deal with it.
Early success. Did you miss last summer? He is killing it in his rookie Supercross season, though.
3/12/2014 8:45am
His early success now has him now unfairly "expected" to win. Seems like a tough enough kid to deal with it.
GuyB wrote:
Early success. Did you miss last summer? He is killing it in his rookie Supercross season, though.
I believe the OP was referring to the current Supercross season.
"salvaging" points in Daytona is what lead me to that conclusion.

Honestly, parts of last summer are a blur due primarily to the ingestion of intoxicants whilst viewing my favorite sport.
enketchum
3/12/2014 11:09am
Weege would never say that.

I love weege
500guy
3/12/2014 11:14am
I would say, Salvage is a bit dramatic. Unable to challenge for the win & settled for 2nd would be better. Baggett was on fire got a crappy start and sliced to the front Pronto.
Grieby54
3/12/2014 11:25am
500guy wrote:
I would say, Salvage is a bit dramatic. Unable to challenge for the win & settled for 2nd would be better. Baggett was on fire got...
I would say, Salvage is a bit dramatic. Unable to challenge for the win & settled for 2nd would be better. Baggett was on fire got a crappy start and sliced to the front Pronto.
Bingo.
TeamGreen
3/12/2014 11:31am
Red Plate Holder is "Salvaging"...

Classic.

Put this up there with the "PC is Done" Classic Threads.

Bwahahahahaha
peelout
3/12/2014 12:51pm
500guy wrote:
I would say, Salvage is a bit dramatic. Unable to challenge for the win & settled for 2nd would be better. Baggett was on fire got...
it was pretty incredible how comfortable and fluid Bagget and RV looked while just destroying everyone else. if i were one of the guys on the line, i would be re-thinking my testing schedule before outdoors and maybe trying to find speed.

AC is just fine even when he's "salvaging" second place...
BobbyM
3/12/2014 12:57pm
BobbyM wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
I know it's probably tough for you to imagine being good enough at something to get paid to do it. But imagine if you could get...
I know it's probably tough for you to imagine being good enough at something to get paid to do it. But imagine if you could get paid for what you do best - sucking Alessi dick. That's called a job. I'm sure Alessi would hire you, but I wouldn't count on much pay.
easy there BMOC...it's all good.

Post a reply to: Adam Cianciarulo - Salvaging Points

The Latest