Acerbis KTM flo plastic

Edited Date/Time 9/11/2015 2:51pm
Is anyone running the new acerbis flo plastic on there KTM. Im interested in it but would like to see a pic of it on the bike maybe with some graphics on it
|
3/20/2014 6:48pm
I've looked that over with envy too, would love to see it on a bike.

Worst part is I didn't see hand guards in the flo orange color for those limbs that smack the crap out of your knuckles on the trail. I guess you could always go with a second color for those.
3/20/2014 6:57pm
I've looked that over with envy too, would love to see it on a bike. Worst part is I didn't see hand guards in the flo...

Worst part is I didn't see hand guards in the flo orange color for those limbs that smack the crap out of your knuckles on the trail. I guess you could always go with a second color for those.
I was also thinking if you break a shroud they only sell the plastic in a kit not individual parts. Could leave your bike looking a bit off. I still want to see what it looks like on a bike though. Where is that KTM guy on here that blows a fortune on his KTM's he's gotta have it by now
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/20/2014 7:27pm
I didn't realize it is out yet! Who has it or do you get it directly?

I want to get some/see some to see if it matches my flo orange frame.
3/20/2014 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2014 8:31pm
seth505 wrote:
I didn't realize it is out yet! Who has it or do you get it directly? I want to get some/see some to see if it...

I saw it on the Acerbis website. It doesn't show a good picture of it, just describes it. I assume that they have them available already or will have them available soon.

Edit: Acerbis online catalog, page 134

The Shop

3/20/2014 8:30pm
I've looked that over with envy too, would love to see it on a bike. Worst part is I didn't see hand guards in the flo...

I was also thinking if you break a shroud they only sell the plastic in a kit not individual parts. Could leave your bike looking a...
I was also thinking if you break a shroud they only sell the plastic in a kit not individual parts. Could leave your bike looking a bit off. I still want to see what it looks like on a bike though. Where is that KTM guy on here that blows a fortune on his KTM's he's gotta have it by now
Hmmm, good point. Hopefully they will sell them in individual pieces as well in the near future after sales get going.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/21/2014 12:05am
seth505 wrote:
I didn't realize it is out yet! Who has it or do you get it directly? I want to get some/see some to see if it...

I saw it on the Acerbis website. It doesn't show a good picture of it, just describes it. I assume that they have them available already...
I saw it on the Acerbis website. It doesn't show a good picture of it, just describes it. I assume that they have them available already or will have them available soon.

Edit: Acerbis online catalog, page 134
Nice, thanks dude.
Crush
3/21/2014 1:29am
I was pretty devo when I saw that come out, I just got some cycra powerflow stuff and new graphics. Not too keen on crashing heaps to justify gettin the aceribis stuff either!

Flo looks sick!
Crush
3/21/2014 1:29am
Side not, do wish the radiator shrouds were all orange, not a fan of the black bit
KTMShane699
3/21/2014 4:39am
I was also thinking if you break a shroud they only sell the plastic in a kit not individual parts. Could leave your bike looking a...
I think you're talking about Digger. He had his frame powder coated flo orange, but had it done back to KTM orange. He just redid the graphics on his bike so I doubt you'll see him going the flo route anytime soon. I might have convinced when I built my bike if I saw the flo kit...but I'm also totally stoked with how my bike came out.

I'm sure that done right, the flo kit will look nasty. Just have to get the graphics to match.

Shane
Digger29
3/21/2014 5:47am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2014 5:48am

Ouch that hurts .You say that like it's a bad thing :-) NO I won't be ordering the FLO orange plastic for my KTM.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
3/21/2014 5:57am
I like to think of it as an investment...... Evil
3/21/2014 5:58am
Crush wrote:
Side not, do wish the radiator shrouds were all orange, not a fan of the black bit
Yeah I'm with you on that, radiator shrouds and airbox covers should have been all orange.
wow123
3/21/2014 6:04am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2014 6:07am
Crush wrote:
Yeah I'm with you on that, radiator shrouds and airbox covers should have been all orange.
Some contrast for different graphics and logos?
3/21/2014 6:04am
Crush wrote:
I was pretty devo when I saw that come out, I just got some cycra powerflow stuff and new graphics. Not too keen on crashing heaps...
I was pretty devo when I saw that come out, I just got some cycra powerflow stuff and new graphics. Not too keen on crashing heaps to justify gettin the aceribis stuff either!

Flo looks sick!
How do you like the powerflo stuff?
3/21/2014 6:16am
Digger29 wrote:
Ouch that hurts .You say that like it's a bad thing :-) NO I won't be ordering the FLO orange plastic for my KTM.
Haha, Not a bad thing at all. I love your stuff.
mag23
3/21/2014 9:49am
I just got a set for my 1fiddy... It looks really good on the bike. I don't have a sticker kit yet, but have one being made up. Plastic looks really good...
3/21/2014 10:38am
mag23 wrote:
I just got a set for my 1fiddy... It looks really good on the bike. I don't have a sticker kit yet, but have one being...
I just got a set for my 1fiddy... It looks really good on the bike. I don't have a sticker kit yet, but have one being made up. Plastic looks really good...
post a pic of it if you can
peelout
3/21/2014 10:50am

bro... one does not simply "blow" money on his KTM. he invests it into his god damn interests. get it right
3/21/2014 10:51am
I really don't like the OEM orange on these bikes. The flo. plastics almost make me want a KTM.
3/21/2014 10:58am
peelout wrote:
bro... one does not simply "blow" money on his KTM. he invests it into his god damn interests. get it right
I totally agree. Trust me if I had the cash I would do the exact same thing.
3/30/2014 3:50am
Anyone ordered this yet?

I was thinking of doing a black/white ktm but I don't want to buy new rims. Might look into this kit so my bike is tidy when I sell it, just worried as Acerbis always fit badly on my previous bikes.
Crush
3/30/2014 4:22am
Crush wrote:
I was pretty devo when I saw that come out, I just got some cycra powerflow stuff and new graphics. Not too keen on crashing heaps...

Flo looks sick!
How do you like the powerflo stuff?
Sorry bud, was away at my mates bucks weekend...

Yeah it's good. Nice quality and what not, good colour. Pain in the ass that they are a little different shape... Only because graphics aren't a perfect fit. I just wanted all orange shrouds and that was what BTO had at the time of my order.

I actually like the shape of em more than the stocker, but being a designer and the graphics not finishing properly makes my ass twitch every time I look at it.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/30/2014 10:42am
Mine shoulda been here last week but they sent me the factory kit accidentally.
Acerbis USA
3/31/2014 10:14am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 10:16am
Hey guys I saw your post on our new Flo-Orange kits! They are a mid-year release so not alot of people even know about them. In USA we have 2 distributors carrying them so they are available thru mail order and/or local dealers. If they don't know about them they just need to call us or their distributor for the info. We will have individual flo-orange pieces sold separately. We also do have a flo-orange X-Force motocross style handguard that matches! And we have had an all-orange shroud available for a few years now, the same shrouds Team BTO Sports uses for 2014.
3/31/2014 10:43am
Hey guys I saw your post on our new Flo-Orange kits! They are a mid-year release so not alot of people even know about them. In...
Hey guys I saw your post on our new Flo-Orange kits! They are a mid-year release so not alot of people even know about them. In USA we have 2 distributors carrying them so they are available thru mail order and/or local dealers. If they don't know about them they just need to call us or their distributor for the info. We will have individual flo-orange pieces sold separately. We also do have a flo-orange X-Force motocross style handguard that matches! And we have had an all-orange shroud available for a few years now, the same shrouds Team BTO Sports uses for 2014.
Thanks.
Crush
3/31/2014 6:25pm
Hey guys I saw your post on our new Flo-Orange kits! They are a mid-year release so not alot of people even know about them. In...
That all orange shroud in the flo version?
3/31/2014 7:29pm
Crush wrote:
I don't think so, wish that and the airbox covers came in all orange flo though, don't you know.
Acerbis USA
3/31/2014 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 7:40pm
Crush wrote:
No it's orange not Flo-orange sorry. Same as what the BTO Race Team is using. So you guys know it's almost impossible to make custom graphics match perfectly with the Flo-orange, since most custom graphics are digital print. They can get close but not close enough. That's why we left the black in there so there was something to match with custom digital printed graphics.
3/31/2014 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 7:44pm
Crush wrote:
No it's orange not Flo-orange sorry. Same as what the BTO Race Team is using. So you guys know it's almost impossible to make custom graphics...
No it's orange not Flo-orange sorry. Same as what the BTO Race Team is using. So you guys know it's almost impossible to make custom graphics match perfectly with the Flo-orange, since most custom graphics are digital print. They can get close but not close enough. That's why we left the black in there so there was something to match with custom digital printed graphics.
Was thinking of going with all flo orange and just smaller decals/logos not covering the complete plastic pieces ala old style works Honda look.

Edit: Is the BTO orange the same as the stock orange?

Post a reply to: Acerbis KTM flo plastic

The Latest