Absolutely the most badass technology, without argument...

Bauer
Edited Date/Time 11/7/2013 7:31am
Makes our sport seem like soap box derby...

|
ridge
11/5/2013 4:37am
I agree, however this one was more like a soapbox derby car since it didn't have the motor in it. (doesn't mean I didn't have my friends push me around the neighborhood...it handled great)

JOHN CHOATE
11/5/2013 6:36am
Damn, that was cool. Oscottie will dig this one I bet. Thanks for posting.

The Shop

Robgvx
11/5/2013 6:57am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2013 7:05am
Badass. The end.

Turn your speakers RIGHT up.

HenryA
11/5/2013 7:03am
That is art at its finest. Got to love formula 1.
jeffro503
11/5/2013 7:14am
Cool you posted that up Steve.....very cool indeed. Lately I've been getting more and more into watching the 4-wheel racing....especially the V8 supercars of Australia and Brazil. You could say I'm almost addicted.
Robgvx
11/5/2013 7:14am
Ooooh sweet baby Jesus. I think I just 'arrived'.

JOHN CHOATE
11/5/2013 7:31am
I know this thread is non-moto but damn this is cool.

I wish I had video when I drove this Outlaw 10.5 Mustang. It had a 762ci motor and four stages of nitrous making 2600 horsepower. At night, usually when the 3rd stage of nitrous turned on, flames would shoot our from under the car about 2-3 feet. It was a spectacular sight from what I was told. We had to insulate the panel under my shoes because of the heat.
geedavid
11/5/2013 7:35am
Bauer wrote:

And you have the production rule to thank for that. Knowing what an RC500 was like in 84 what do you suppose an RC450F would look like today?
peelout
11/5/2013 7:48am
Bauer wrote:

hell yeah Bauer!

ps... did you watch Vettel pull a Villopoto on the field Sunday? fuckin' unreal that he can pull 2-3 seconds a lap on the fastest F1 drivers in the world. his largest lead was over 30 seconds... such a badass
Zaugg
11/5/2013 8:04am
Can't wait to see what Kimi does in the Ferrari next year. Vettel is good, but only as good as his machine...and that machine is the best one on the track.
peelout
11/5/2013 8:16am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2013 8:19am
Zaugg wrote:
Can't wait to see what Kimi does in the Ferrari next year. Vettel is good, but only as good as his machine...and that machine is the...
Can't wait to see what Kimi does in the Ferrari next year. Vettel is good, but only as good as his machine...and that machine is the best one on the track.
i agree about Kimi and the red cars, his early exit from the event was kinda weird... but i love when people say Vettel is only as good as the machine, if that's the case why isn't Webber beating the field by 30+

i do agree that the RedBull cars are the best out there (Ferrari isn't far off) but Vettel and Webber were in the same car. Webber had the pole in qualifying and Vettel was pissed.

me and my buddy are way into the F1 scene, and the similarities in RV and Vettel are many. both get great qualifying, great starts, great at getting to the front and staying there, tons of wins per season, dominating drivers, etc..
jamma10
11/5/2013 8:34am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2013 8:40am
jeffro503 wrote:
Cool you posted that up Steve.....very cool indeed. Lately I've been getting more and more into watching the 4-wheel racing....especially the V8 supercars of Australia and...
Cool you posted that up Steve.....very cool indeed. Lately I've been getting more and more into watching the 4-wheel racing....especially the V8 supercars of Australia and Brazil. You could say I'm almost addicted.
The V8 Supercar series is probably the most exciting form of (asphalt based) Motor racing in my opinion, the British Touring Car Championship used to be exciting too, the drivers didn't hold back at all, but it's lost a bit of lustre in recent years.

I like F1 but I lose interest when it becomes too processional. Ultimately it's become a race between engineers rather than the drivers. They could build 100% robotic cars and the results would arguably be the same.

indy_maico
11/5/2013 9:01am
TV and videos don't do F1 justice.

With the Austin GP coming up, anyone who hasn't seen an F1 race who can manage the time and $$ to do it, needs to get to Texas next week.

I have been to a lot of F1 races, including Austin last year, and it has to be experienced in person for a real appreciation.

The acceleration off a corner has to be seen from trackside. Those long camera shots on TV can't convey the speed.

Stand down in the turrn 3-4-5-6 esses and see the direction changes these cars are capable of.

This is going to be the last chance to hear these normally-aspirated 18,000 rpm V8's over here. Next year's V6's are going to pale in comparison.

I am not able to go this year, and it is killing me!
ayearinmx
11/5/2013 9:11am
indy_maico wrote:
TV and videos don't do F1 justice. With the Austin GP coming up, anyone who hasn't seen an F1 race who can manage the time and...

With the Austin GP coming up, anyone who hasn't seen an F1 race who can manage the time and $$ to do it, needs to get to Texas next week.

I have been to a lot of F1 races, including Austin last year, and it has to be experienced in person for a real appreciation.

The acceleration off a corner has to be seen from trackside. Those long camera shots on TV can't convey the speed.

Stand down in the turrn 3-4-5-6 esses and see the direction changes these cars are capable of.

This is going to be the last chance to hear these normally-aspirated 18,000 rpm V8's over here. Next year's V6's are going to pale in comparison.

i went to Sepang this year..... completely agree, the speed and noise is mind-blowing when you're there in person
kawi216
11/5/2013 9:59am
i agree with jamma10 about the V8's! saw them in austin last year and Im extremely bummed there not coming back in 2014, some of the best racing you will ever see.

F1 on the other hand even when you look at these videos and you see their budget it seems like the budget isn't enough, but i guess when your doing it in house it cheaper haha
Holigan
11/5/2013 10:05am
indy_maico wrote:
TV and videos don't do F1 justice. With the Austin GP coming up, anyone who hasn't seen an F1 race who can manage the time and...

If you ever go to the GP in Montreal, sit across from the pits and listen. When they come out of the chicane, down the front straight, and into Turn 1, the engines are so loud. But then above them you hear what sounds like thunder four or five times from the chicane to Turn 1. It is them shifting gears. It is amazing those things hold together. The stress must be brutal.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
11/5/2013 10:30am
Have really enjoyed F1 this year, and you're right about the technology being the pinnacle of motorsports. But I have to say, as far the the human element, and with all respect to the F1 drivers and all the talent driving or riding, but the guys at the front in MotoGP are aliens beyond. Should be a great weekend, not to miss.
Spartacus
11/5/2013 10:43am
The F1 cars do all the work and the driver just sits there. Most anyone can run an F1 car at speed.

Least that's the word in the NASCAR stands……..
philG
11/5/2013 10:50am
The amount of money that goes into the windtunnel model would keep you for life... its more important than the full size car.
indy_maico
11/5/2013 11:14am
philG wrote:
The amount of money that goes into the windtunnel model would keep you for life... its more important than the full size car.
When i was at Reynard in CART, we sold wind-tunnel models to the teams that had the budget to run them. (We also built a wind-tunnel in Indy that Adrian Reynard still owns, called ARC Indy)

We sold the models for $675,000.

A Reynard Indycar sold for $450,000

And that was over 10 years ago.

F1 teams run their wind-tunnels 24-7. And the cars are much more aerodynamically tailored to the individual tracks than the CART cars were.

The F1 aero-budgets are easily $30 million a year for someone like Force India to more than twice that for Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes, etc.
Zaugg
11/5/2013 11:18am
Zaugg wrote:
Can't wait to see what Kimi does in the Ferrari next year. Vettel is good, but only as good as his machine...and that machine is the...
peelout wrote:
i agree about Kimi and the red cars, his early exit from the event was kinda weird... but i love when people say Vettel is only...
i agree about Kimi and the red cars, his early exit from the event was kinda weird... but i love when people say Vettel is only as good as the machine, if that's the case why isn't Webber beating the field by 30+

i do agree that the RedBull cars are the best out there (Ferrari isn't far off) but Vettel and Webber were in the same car. Webber had the pole in qualifying and Vettel was pissed.

me and my buddy are way into the F1 scene, and the similarities in RV and Vettel are many. both get great qualifying, great starts, great at getting to the front and staying there, tons of wins per season, dominating drivers, etc..
I've heard that Webber and Vettel's car aren't set up the same. Not sure how accurate that information is but I've also heard the same about Alonso getting all the "good stuff" over Massa in the Ferrari pits.

Funny how Webber had the pole and Vettel got the holeshot though...and then proceeded to walk away with it. Vettel is a sick driver and a cool personality as well. It seems like every time he wins, he acts like it's his first time. I like that.

Wouldn't it be cool to see MX coverage use a purple lap indicator? Even though it'd probably be attached to RV most of the race. Laughing
ocscottie
11/5/2013 11:24am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2013 11:24am
Funny how Webber had the pole and Vettel got the holeshot though

WEB is notorious for shitty starts, that was actually a great launch for him lol (we've seen him lose like 5-7 spots off the line!)
JOHN CHOATE
11/5/2013 11:34am
Zaugg wrote:
I've heard that Webber and Vettel's car aren't set up the same. Not sure how accurate that information is but I've also heard the same about...
I've heard that Webber and Vettel's car aren't set up the same. Not sure how accurate that information is but I've also heard the same about Alonso getting all the "good stuff" over Massa in the Ferrari pits.

Funny how Webber had the pole and Vettel got the holeshot though...and then proceeded to walk away with it. Vettel is a sick driver and a cool personality as well. It seems like every time he wins, he acts like it's his first time. I like that.

Wouldn't it be cool to see MX coverage use a purple lap indicator? Even though it'd probably be attached to RV most of the race. Laughing
philG
11/5/2013 11:45am
There are a lot of guys in that film who were there when it was Jaguar Racing , just the upper management and design team has changed , along with a few others, but it just goes to show , with the best designer , and the right budget , you can do anything.

When i left there in 2004 , we were all idiots according to Niki Lauda .. Ford couldnt get out quick enough.

Look at it now ... they did a good job, nobody can get near them.
daveoevo
11/5/2013 12:14pm
My mate works for Mclaren f1 on the wind tunnel which runs 24/7 365 days a years. All he dose is build a part and try it again and again.
This is pretty cool.
https://youtu.be/1JPBdBIFGNQ
ridge
11/5/2013 12:40pm
Spartacus wrote:
The F1 cars do all the work and the driver just sits there. Most anyone can run an F1 car at speed. Least that's the word...
The F1 cars do all the work and the driver just sits there. Most anyone can run an F1 car at speed.

I bet Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Bush, and a few others could give Vettel serious competition. Just because they race NASCAR doesn't mean they don't drive as well as F1 guys.
M-M
11/5/2013 12:43pm
Spartacus wrote:
The F1 cars do all the work and the driver just sits there. Most anyone can run an F1 car at speed. Least that's the word...

ridge wrote:
I bet Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Bush, and a few others could give Vettel serious competition. Just because they race NASCAR doesn't mean...
I bet Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Bush, and a few others could give Vettel serious competition. Just because they race NASCAR doesn't mean they don't drive as well as F1 guys.
Don't make everyone laugh.

Post a reply to: Absolutely the most badass technology, without argument...

The Latest