About to buy MXGP of Charlotte tickets. Need some help, fellas!

flatout111
I've never been to the facility nor to a MXGP race. Can someone recommend good, yet affordable, seating area of what is available. Would like to be somewhat close. I don't have to see whole track but the more the merrier. I have less than perfect vision so don't want to get too far back. Just curious if could get some thoughts on someone more familiar with facility and the way MXGP runs and see where I should look for best viewing. Prob will go with the equivalent of a general admission ticket but full pit pass access like at Budd's Creek.

Thanks so much, fellas.
|
Rupert X
7/3/2016 6:00pm
I wouldn't buy them yet. ITS Sounding sketchy
7/3/2016 6:02pm
It's such a small venue that you really can go wrong.. Still baffled they're having a GP MOTOCROSS race there (shakingmydamnhead) hopefully it's kickass and I'm just whining about nothing
7/3/2016 6:03pm
flatout111 wrote:
I've never been to the facility nor to a MXGP race. Can someone recommend good, yet affordable, seating area of what is available. Would like to...
I've never been to the facility nor to a MXGP race. Can someone recommend good, yet affordable, seating area of what is available. Would like to be somewhat close. I don't have to see whole track but the more the merrier. I have less than perfect vision so don't want to get too far back. Just curious if could get some thoughts on someone more familiar with facility and the way MXGP runs and see where I should look for best viewing. Prob will go with the equivalent of a general admission ticket but full pit pass access like at Budd's Creek.

Thanks so much, fellas.
any new details since they venue change??
flatout111
7/3/2016 6:14pm
I think the weekend pass will be the way for me to go. I'll get me and the Wife 1 reserved ticket for both days and a 2 day paddock pass for $69.00. That's pretty solid. The VIP and public suite sound cool but just too much 1 month after going to Budd's Creek.

I guess you just ask for that and they stick you where is available next?

If no one here is sure maybe I'll call the event line and maybe they can clarify the seating.

The Shop

Rupert X
7/3/2016 7:05pm
flatout111 wrote:
I've never been to the facility nor to a MXGP race. Can someone recommend good, yet affordable, seating area of what is available. Would like to...

Thanks so much, fellas.
any new details since they venue change??
iF IM NOT MISTAKEN, heard the venue has changed three times already. I'd be wary....

Haven't heard much hype lately about it, which is cause for concern...

philG
7/3/2016 11:43pm
flatout111 wrote:

Thanks so much, fellas.
Interesting. The original venue was ok, but why not just run at an existing facility. Makes no sense at all.
Just dumb
7/4/2016 3:14am
Rupert X wrote:
iF IM NOT MISTAKEN, heard the venue has changed three times already. I'd be wary.... Haven't heard much hype lately about it, which is cause for...
iF IM NOT MISTAKEN, heard the venue has changed three times already. I'd be wary....

Haven't heard much hype lately about it, which is cause for concern...

Hmmm, venue has changed once... From the drag strip to the dirt track. But yea... Not much hype at all. Here's your "GP of the Americas" circuit (sigh)

Rupert X
7/4/2016 3:19am
Think it was supposed to be in stadium before drag strip, then a potential other place before dirt track. I also heard lawyers. So......shhhhhh....
StretchASU
7/4/2016 5:09am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2016 5:10am
Being from Charlotte and living 2 hours from the track, it concerns me that I'm not seeing squat in the way of local promotion for this race. Ive heard and seen more about the TORC short course series and the fall Cup race but no MXGP.

The up side is the TORC series runs 2 weeks prior to MXGP so all the extra dirt will already be in the facility.
bgpn35
7/4/2016 6:45am
when my buddy bought our tickets a while back the race was still scheduled for the drag strip. The ticket office called him to tell him we had first seat picks for the dirt track. They told him they changed to the dirt track because they have the drag race the following weekend and that it would be difficult to get the strip ready in time. I live close by and went past the dirt track the other day, if people are worried about seating and the view I wouldn't be to worried because it's not a very big place.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/4/2016 7:56am
Rupert X wrote:
I wouldn't buy them yet. ITS Sounding sketchy
It is?
Rupert X
7/4/2016 10:22am
I plan on attending, even if it's in a tobacco field in Rocky Mount. I do hope it happens, yet I'm a convicted skeptic.

hillbilly
7/4/2016 11:54am
The only bad seats will be the top rows on either side of the vip box.

The posts will be blocking some of the track and if you are top row and maybe one or 2 below the box itself will block your view.

Man that first turn is going to be so cool.
lumpy790
7/4/2016 4:37pm
I would either go in the middle or on the left side.

Post a reply to: About to buy MXGP of Charlotte tickets. Need some help, fellas!

The Latest