AMA

d6mx
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:10am
AMA!!! You really need to stop this shit.
Lawrence accidentally jumped the gate, realized what happened and pulled off to the right and let everyone go.
Bullshit move by your egotistical officials again.
BTW AMA, should a penalty be more severe for jumping a gate than jumping a yellow,red flag?
|
mt798
5/30/2009 7:53pm
Is that in the rule book? You jump the gate you get black flagged?
DownSouth
5/30/2009 7:58pm
They make you start backwards or DQ you at local tracks that I have raced at.

But why penalize the rest of the field and make them restart becuase Lawrence got crazy at the start?
Rupert X
5/30/2009 8:04pm
Somebody PROBABLY needs to alert the folk that the AMA does NOT

run the show anymore.

I'm thinking that within five (5) YEARS the folk will receive the memo that the

AMA ain't in charge no mo.

Blame somebody else.

*Note - that lunar landing - that weren;'t on no sound stage. Wake up.

Rupert X
5/30/2009 8:05pm
d6mx wrote:
AMA!!! You really need to stop this shit. Lawrence accidentally jumped the gate, realized what happened and pulled off to the right and let everyone go...
AMA!!! You really need to stop this shit.
Lawrence accidentally jumped the gate, realized what happened and pulled off to the right and let everyone go.
Bullshit move by your egotistical officials again.
BTW AMA, should a penalty be more severe for jumping a gate than jumping a yellow,red flag?

Wake the F up.

AMA don't run the show.

Hello, anybody home ?

The Shop

WhKnuckle
5/30/2009 8:06pm
I thought the AMA was still enforcing the rules and managing the race. Is that incorrect?
5/30/2009 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2009 8:08pm
DMG owns it, MX Sports runs it? Used to be a referee in AMA motocross and usually it was his call on rule infractions.
DownSouth
5/30/2009 8:07pm
AMA is just a brand name on the series. MX Sports handles all the officating and organization of the races.
WhKnuckle
5/30/2009 8:10pm
DMG owns it, MX Sports runs it? Used to be a referee in AMA motocross and usually it was his call on rule infractions.
I didn't realize that. I knew AMA Pro Racing was gone but I thought the AMA still managed the rules enforcement.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
5/30/2009 8:20pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
I didn't realize that. I knew AMA Pro Racing was gone but I thought the AMA still managed the rules enforcement.
I also thought the AMA was still in charge of officiating the races. I think that is still the deal for the time being. They just aren't promoting anymore. Shoot me down if I'm wrong, though.
andymoto
5/30/2009 8:22pm
Think they use the AMA rules since they didn't make their own up or had time to.

Dunno though.
flarider
5/30/2009 8:24pm
AMA basically has nothing to do with it any longer, other than the licensing of the name

DMG/MX Sports runs the show - lock, stock and barrel
gt80rider
5/30/2009 8:27pm
Jlaw is on double secret probation..... even the littlest thing he does is gonna receive a big penalty..... and rightfully so IMO..
WhKnuckle
5/30/2009 8:32pm
The AMA rulebook is definitely in effect. Whether or not the AMA supplies a race steward or not, I don't know. And, by the way, regulation 3.14(a) says "Jumping or fouling the starting gate may result in a penalty or disqualification.

AMA Rulebook
bigcat
5/30/2009 8:43pm
flarider wrote:
AMA basically has nothing to do with it any longer, other than the licensing of the name DMG/MX Sports runs the show - lock, stock and...
AMA basically has nothing to do with it any longer, other than the licensing of the name

If this is true, How would the AMA probation of Jlaw have any effect on the outdoors?
As so many others love to point out.
DSteg222
5/30/2009 8:51pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
The AMA rulebook is definitely in effect. Whether or not the AMA supplies a race steward or not, I don't know. And, by the way, regulation...
The AMA rulebook is definitely in effect. Whether or not the AMA supplies a race steward or not, I don't know. And, by the way, regulation 3.14(a) says "Jumping or fouling the starting gate may result in a penalty or disqualification.

AMA Rulebook
"May" leaves it "up to someone"

"shall" in here means it would have HAD to happen.

So, someone, following the rule book, made a decision to Black Flag JLaw because by the rule as stated it is not mandatory. Big difference between the words "shall" and "may" in rule books.
WhKnuckle
5/30/2009 8:55pm
"May" means it's up to the discretion of the race steward - and it means that if you jump the gate, you're putting your fate in his hands. And if you're constantly on probation, you might want to assume that the race steward may enforce the maximum penalty.

And at the end of the whole thing, don't jump the damn gate. Motocross is the simplest sport in the world - anyone who can't follow the rule "Don't jump the gate" deserves to be DQed.
Lightning78
5/30/2009 8:55pm
Well whoever is runnig the show needs to chill out and stop throwing balck flags around....what was that? the second balck flag ever in the history of SX/MX? In the same year? I think it is BS that they black flagged Lawrence and it is even WORSE what they did to Josh Grant!
flarider
5/30/2009 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:11am
flarider wrote:
AMA basically has nothing to do with it any longer, other than the licensing of the name DMG/MX Sports runs the show - lock, stock and...

bigcat wrote:
If this is true, How would the AMA probation of Jlaw have any effect on the outdoors?
OK, let's go over this again

DMG OWNS AMA PRO RACING

MX Sports LICENSES MX from DMG

So while there may APPEAR to be "AMA Officials"

Who do they work for?

AMA PRO RACING

Who owns AMA PRO RACING?

DMG

Who controls MX via licensing with DMG?

MX Sports
WhKnuckle
5/30/2009 9:09pm
That's a distinction without a difference. They're using the AMA rulebook, they're using AMA rider licences and the guys walking around have AMA shirts. Whether or not they're AMA people - because AMA Pro is owned by DMG - seems kind of irrelevant. And, again, I don't think the officials - whoever they are - were wrong except maybe on the Grant deal if, in fact, there were two flaggers waving different flags in the same corner.
MikeyB35
5/30/2009 9:09pm
flarider wrote:

bigcat wrote:
flarider wrote:
OK, let's go over this again DMG OWNS AMA PRO RACING MX Sports LICENSES MX from DMG So while there may APPEAR to be "AMA Officials"...
OK, let's go over this again

DMG OWNS AMA PRO RACING

MX Sports LICENSES MX from DMG

So while there may APPEAR to be "AMA Officials"

Who do they work for?

AMA PRO RACING

Who owns AMA PRO RACING?

DMG

Who controls MX via licensing with DMG?

MX Sports
??? I dont get it??? Smile
Jk, thanks for explaining that. I wasnt sure how the relationship between the 3 was constrewed.
flarider
5/30/2009 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:11am
WhKnuckle wrote:
That's a distinction without a difference. They're using the AMA rulebook, they're using AMA rider licences and the guys walking around have AMA shirts. Whether or...
That's a distinction without a difference. They're using the AMA rulebook, they're using AMA rider licences and the guys walking around have AMA shirts. Whether or not they're AMA people - because AMA Pro is owned by DMG - seems kind of irrelevant. And, again, I don't think the officials - whoever they are - were wrong except maybe on the Grant deal if, in fact, there were two flaggers waving different flags in the same corner.
There's overlap and grandfathering

MX Sports changed the class names, Feld didn't

See the differences and controls?

Most rules stay as a matter of tradition and some may be adjusted over time.

EXAMPLE

MX Sports announced today the appointment of Jeff Canfield into the full-time position of AMA Toyota Motocross Series Director.

Canfield comes to MX Sports with a wealth of experience on the professional motocross level, having worked with AMA Pro Racing since January of 2000. Most recently, Canfield managed AMA Pro Racing’s sanctioning and officiating activities for the AMA Monster Energy Supercross and AMA Toyota Motocross series’.

“Jeff brings a great deal of racing knowledge to MX Sports,” said MX Sports President Carrie Coombs-Russell. “He has excellent relationships with the riders, team managers and mechanics. He served as series manager for AMA Pro Racing this past year and will make a smooth transition for 2009.”

Canfield, who will be headquartered at the MX Sports offices in Morgantown, W.Va., enters his new role with optimism, stating, “MX Sports has implemented a lot of exciting changes for the 2009 season that will really enhance the overall look and feel of motocross racing in the U.S. We have met with the teams and the riders in obtaining their input on these changes.”

The AMA Toyota Motocross Championship enters its 38th season with a new look and schedule that features a one-day, Saturday racing format, a change from the traditional two-day format. The 12-race series kicks off on Saturday, May 23 from Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, Calif.

Same players, same game, new owners
lumpy790
5/31/2009 6:55am
As Baretta would say....Dont do the crime ...if you cant do the time....no no no dont do it.

Its a rule......the rule was broken.....suffer the consequences.

There is a new sheriff in town boys.........

Post a reply to: AMA

The Latest