A2 Retro - What's happening?

Crush
Edited Date/Time 6/29/2014 1:45pm
Barcia and Honda look like their doing something cool!

Special livery for the 40th anniversary of SX at A2! Stay tuned for the big reveal Saturday! #retromoto pic.twitter.com/NwPo0Z7UtS

— Honda Powersports (@HondaPowersprts) January 14, 2014

|
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/14/2014 3:33pm
Im guessing that bike will be a retro look based on
a 1990
Which I think will be awsome if it is.
Crush
1/14/2014 3:40pm
Yup brake snake with a bit of rubber tubing around it...

Retro track.

Retro honda bikes - Hopefully they do a modern take on some alpinestars gear for Barcia!

I'd love to see Stewy's suzuki come out all yellow and blue and what not...
JW381
1/14/2014 3:44pm
Awesome for Honda. The thing with these "retro" events is the promoter needs to make sure all the teams are on board. It's stupid to have Honda doing a full retro makeover but have Kawi run their regular Monster look. Makes the sport look (more) unorganized. Any old vitard can get custom retro graphics made, so the teams should have no problem changing their look up for one race. Hopefully everyone will play along and bring something cool to the table.

The Shop

Crush
1/14/2014 3:49pm
Oh yeah... Over and Under Bridge!
Crush
1/14/2014 4:04pm
JW381 wrote:
Awesome for Honda. The thing with these "retro" events is the promoter needs to make sure all the teams are on board. It's stupid to have...
Awesome for Honda. The thing with these "retro" events is the promoter needs to make sure all the teams are on board. It's stupid to have Honda doing a full retro makeover but have Kawi run their regular Monster look. Makes the sport look (more) unorganized. Any old vitard can get custom retro graphics made, so the teams should have no problem changing their look up for one race. Hopefully everyone will play along and bring something cool to the table.
Yarp... Agree... Same thing seemed to happen with the Save the Boobies race... Seemed to fizzle, needed a champion at Feld to make sure it happens - which is a great PR opportunity for those rounds!
peelout
1/14/2014 4:07pm
are they still doing a "receive a handie from a monster track-snack" thing for the podium dudes?
1/14/2014 4:19pm
That track is going to be hard to pass on. Only two passable 180s....and both of them after whoops....
TJ 755
1/14/2014 4:24pm
red frame looks sick
Crush
1/14/2014 4:48pm
I hope we get to see some white and pink yamahas
That would be badass!!!
Zycki11
1/14/2014 5:57pm
Did nobody else recognize the track? That would be the last victory for Mr. McGrath
48dirtbikekid
1/14/2014 6:12pm
peelout wrote:
are they still doing a "receive a handie from a monster track-snack" thing for the podium dudes?
Only for the 250 class, due to "budget restraints". I'm assuming it fell in the same budget restraint catagory as the over/under bridges being clipped fell in?
JW381
1/14/2014 6:17pm
JW381 wrote:
Awesome for Honda. The thing with these "retro" events is the promoter needs to make sure all the teams are on board. It's stupid to have...
Crush wrote:
Yarp... Agree... Same thing seemed to happen with the Save the Boobies race... Seemed to fizzle, needed a champion at Feld to make sure it happens...
Yarp... Agree... Same thing seemed to happen with the Save the Boobies race... Seemed to fizzle, needed a champion at Feld to make sure it happens - which is a great PR opportunity for those rounds!
Exactly, makes zero sense for Feld to put this on then just leave it up to the teams on if and to what extent they want to participate. Design graphics and hand em out, put em on or else lol
48dirtbikekid
1/14/2014 6:21pm
JW381 wrote:
Exactly, makes zero sense for Feld to put this on then just leave it up to the teams on if and to what extent they want...
Exactly, makes zero sense for Feld to put this on then just leave it up to the teams on if and to what extent they want to participate. Design graphics and hand em out, put em on or else lol
I agree 100%, it's really not that special unless everyone participates IMO.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/14/2014 6:24pm
JW381 wrote:
Exactly, makes zero sense for Feld to put this on then just leave it up to the teams on if and to what extent they want...
I talked to a team manager who's doing up bikes for this weekend. Picture chasing a bunch of different vendors for plastic, sprockets, wheels and more, for a bike that you'll use once.
48dirtbikekid
1/14/2014 6:28pm
GuyB wrote:
I talked to a team manager who's doing up bikes for this weekend. Picture chasing a bunch of different vendors for plastic, sprockets, wheels and more...
I talked to a team manager who's doing up bikes for this weekend. Picture chasing a bunch of different vendors for plastic, sprockets, wheels and more, for a bike that you'll use once.
Comes with the job? That's the theme of the event, therefore follow the invisible guidelines I'd say?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/14/2014 6:31pm
GuyB wrote:
I talked to a team manager who's doing up bikes for this weekend. Picture chasing a bunch of different vendors for plastic, sprockets, wheels and more...
Comes with the job? That's the theme of the event, therefore follow the invisible guidelines I'd say?
Meanwhile, some people complain that the cost of racing is too high... Wink
Crush
1/14/2014 6:32pm
GuyB wrote:
It's a great opportunity for a story and some PR, something for the fans etc...
48dirtbikekid
1/14/2014 6:36pm
Crush wrote:
It's a great opportunity for a story and some PR, something for the fans etc...
I couldn't agree more, plus a chance to switch up the bike and make it look really awesome and not the norm!
1/14/2014 6:38pm
GuyB wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Well maybe they need to take the retro theme to the next level and switch to two strokes. That would save them a couple bucks. Laughing
Sandberm
1/14/2014 6:41pm
GuyB wrote:
GuyB wrote:
As a percentage of expenses it must be just a drop in the bucket I would think?

Also, from a style standpoint, you never know what you will stumble upon with going to a different look for one weekend. Maybe a red frame will get lots of attention? Maybe there will be something a manufacturer can use for the rest of the year?

Anyways, Im looking foward to seeing what they do with all the past champions etc..
Moto167
1/14/2014 6:44pm
I hope Fox Sports does some kind of segment on the past champions. Maybe some interviews with some of the guys during the down times.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/14/2014 7:02pm
GuyB wrote:
Well maybe they need to take the retro theme to the next level and switch to two strokes. That would save them a couple bucks. Laughing
Why would you want to handicap them like that? Smile
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/14/2014 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2014 7:12pm
JW381 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
True kind of a pain and for sure + added expense , but really awesome for us fans .
And why couldn't they run it for a few
Rounds , if not
The graphics at least the wheels , sprockets and plastic ... If they normally use any of it more than once normally
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/14/2014 7:14pm
JW381 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
True kind of a pain and for sure + added expense , but really awesome for us fans . And why couldn't they run it for...
True kind of a pain and for sure + added expense , but really awesome for us fans .
And why couldn't they run it for a few
Rounds , if not
The graphics at least the wheels , sprockets and plastic ... If they normally use any of it more than once normally
I mean if they normally use those parts for more than one round .
Mxdnusa
1/14/2014 7:20pm
GuyB wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Why would you want to handicap them like that? Smile
To see them ride the bikes to their full potential. Lol

Post a reply to: A2 Retro - What's happening?

The Latest