A present for Dungey

RandyS
Edited Date/Time 1/16/2014 9:22pm
One of my two favorite riders but you need one of these.
|
BigDaddyG
1/11/2014 9:53pm
So true!!! He lacks that killer instinct big time.
ForToo
1/11/2014 9:57pm
Funny thing. I was griping about Dungeys lack of aggression when my girlfriend said; "Villopoto always wins, and Dungey is always second or third". She doesn't even follow moto, but had picked this much up listening to me. My RD5 rooting may have come to an end tonight.

The Shop

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
1/11/2014 10:00pm
ForToo wrote:
Funny thing. I was griping about Dungeys lack of aggression when my girlfriend said; "Villopoto always wins, and Dungey is always second or third". She doesn't...
Funny thing. I was griping about Dungeys lack of aggression when my girlfriend said; "Villopoto always wins, and Dungey is always second or third". She doesn't even follow moto, but had picked this much up listening to me. My RD5 rooting may have come to an end tonight.
I'm definitely off that wagon myself.
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
1/11/2014 10:12pm
ForToo wrote:
Funny thing. I was griping about Dungeys lack of aggression when my girlfriend said; "Villopoto always wins, and Dungey is always second or third". She doesn't...
hartebreak wrote:
I'm definitely off that wagon myself.
Come on guys, that is seriously a lame ass reason to stop rooting for someone. I know it's frustrating as hell. I'm not even a Dungey fan (I like him, he's just not my favorite) and I'm shaking my head. He has the speed to run with anyone, he just lacks aggression.
1/11/2014 10:14pm
It was the 2nd race of the season. Better to grab a 3rd then to faceplant.

I was frustrated as well tho, not gonna lie about that.
Xeno
1/11/2014 10:17pm
Yea Dunge should be aggressive like Barcia so he can be a two-lap hero and then finish fifth.
peelout
1/11/2014 11:20pm
It was the 2nd race of the season. Better to grab a 3rd then to faceplant. I was frustrated as well tho, not gonna lie about...

Sure, I get that. But more like it's 3 years in a row. How many wins in those 3 years? Bit disappointing because he's fast enough to win but just won't pull that trigger. Podium is awesome though
plowboy
1/11/2014 11:59pm
I have no problem with the way Ryan races. He's making a good living and hopefully enjoying being an elite member of pretty exclusive group of athletes. Resisting the urge to get "aggressive" and staying in his comfort zone while getting on the box more often than not sounds like success to me. I'd bet that the guys that have been riding around in 5th - 22nd for years would love to be in Dungeys boots.
1/12/2014 1:46am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2014 1:50am
It was the 2nd race of the season. Better to grab a 3rd then to faceplant. I was frustrated as well tho, not gonna lie about...

peelout wrote:
Sure, I get that. But more like it's 3 years in a row. How many wins in those 3 years? Bit disappointing because he's fast enough...
Sure, I get that. But more like it's 3 years in a row. How many wins in those 3 years? Bit disappointing because he's fast enough to win but just won't pull that trigger. Podium is awesome though
Yeah i know, that's the frustrating part. He's been like that for many years of racing and in the end you just give up on hoping.
The worst part is, he can keep up, creep up....aaaaand does nothing. It's a serious anti-climax for us fans.

but he knows how to keep it up on 2 wheels and bring impressive and consistent results. But i also think the KTM rig does not find a consistent 2nd or 3rd sufficient enough, tho.
1/12/2014 2:08am
Maybe but RV was faster, and Brayton did a superb race, I was rooting for him as the more winners the more excitments it brings to the series ! Also remember that when a track gets some sketchy jumps, JS7 and Brayton often step up.

Dunge was, I think, 99% of the time in his confort zone, not taking unecessary risks.

I liked his agression when Barcia/KR were around, it looks like his goal is to podium every week, 20 x 17 = 340, let us see how many riders have 340 points at the end of the SX season.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/12/2014 2:33am
thesadguy wrote:
That race was so irritating.
Ah, so you're saying that it was like most of your posts. Smile
1/12/2014 3:40am
If this had been the usual RD vs JB encounter with (no offence to Justin) a far faster Ryan Dungey unable to apparently get by (what has historically been) a significantly weaker rider like Justin Bryaton - then I'd ordinarily agree with the tone of this thread i.e RD waited too long and was too hesitant etc etc.

But I think Justin was riding so well last night and looked so much better in the whoops than RD, it was perhaps more a case of just being out raced by JB. Even RV got passed by Justin after passing him and then couldn't really shake him after re-passing again; damn near getting beat at the end there. Justin was different.
sc961
1/12/2014 6:46am
Weren't the top 3 riders fairly close at the finish?
Didn't JB catch Villo on the last lap, and most likely have the race of his life last night?
Pretty sure we've seen threads discussing the difficulty level of the track last night in Phx?
The way some race fans talk, it almost sounds like Dungey failed to qualify rather than finished on the podium..
1/12/2014 7:17am
Unbelievable to me how some people rag on Dungey so much! So he wont punt a guy off the track nor is he a someone who is constantly on the ground......yet he is always in contention for the wins.. Id say his riding and career has been pretty damb impressive so far having to ride the JS7 / RV1 era!
jwhitemx15
1/12/2014 7:38am
There's obviously a huge gap in the sense of urgency between RD and RV. For that matter, there's a huge gap between RV and just about everyone else, possibly excluding BamBam.

Like Emig said on the broadcast when Brayton didn't go get RV back after the whoops... "too nice, this is Monster Energy Supercross".

RV just seems to be more aggressive than just about everyone else.
Trent179
1/12/2014 7:55am
His lack of aggression is y he will never win a title unless RV is hurt. I like Dungey, but I think it all boils down to he is scared of confrontation. After J-law pretty much scared Dungey out of a title it was obvious that RD needed to grow a backbone. I hate to be blunt because I really think Dungey is a bad ass, but he is that guy that would probably take off running if someone swung at him. Maybe he should take some karate to help his courage against competitors. LOL. He needs something because he has the bike skills that others would kill for!
Trent179
1/12/2014 7:57am
jwhitemx15 wrote:
There's obviously a huge gap in the sense of urgency between RD and RV. For that matter, there's a huge gap between RV and just about...
There's obviously a huge gap in the sense of urgency between RD and RV. For that matter, there's a huge gap between RV and just about everyone else, possibly excluding BamBam.

Like Emig said on the broadcast when Brayton didn't go get RV back after the whoops... "too nice, this is Monster Energy Supercross".

RV just seems to be more aggressive than just about everyone else.
It's crazy how aggressive RV is but how clean he keeps it. RV is one of the smartest racers in the book.
1/12/2014 8:06am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2014 8:07am
Trent179 wrote:
His lack of aggression is y he will never win a title unless RV is hurt. I like Dungey, but I think it all boils down...
His lack of aggression is y he will never win a title unless RV is hurt. I like Dungey, but I think it all boils down to he is scared of confrontation. After J-law pretty much scared Dungey out of a title it was obvious that RD needed to grow a backbone. I hate to be blunt because I really think Dungey is a bad ass, but he is that guy that would probably take off running if someone swung at him. Maybe he should take some karate to help his courage against competitors. LOL. He needs something because he has the bike skills that others would kill for!
That's a pretty lame assessment. Perhaps, it s not his mentality but that he is not very comfortable on the KTM. He was plenty aggressive on the Suzuki, and his "missing backbone" as you put it coincides exactly when he switched to the KTM. Reed has struggled with several bikes, Stewart with a few, even RV that one year where he got the next years model in the middle of the outdoor season. Is he riding too passively?, yes. Is it because he doesn't have a backbone? only a fool would think so.
Trent179
1/12/2014 8:24am
That's a pretty lame assessment. Perhaps, it s not his mentality but that he is not very comfortable on the KTM. He was plenty aggressive on...
That's a pretty lame assessment. Perhaps, it s not his mentality but that he is not very comfortable on the KTM. He was plenty aggressive on the Suzuki, and his "missing backbone" as you put it coincides exactly when he switched to the KTM. Reed has struggled with several bikes, Stewart with a few, even RV that one year where he got the next years model in the middle of the outdoor season. Is he riding too passively?, yes. Is it because he doesn't have a backbone? only a fool would think so.
You are in a lame denial state. He was a sissy on the Suzuki too. It is not his KTM. It's crazy, but I am a Dungey fan. I just call it how I see it. The Jlaw thing is a perfect example. Jlaw did so much crap and punked Dungey out in front of crowds numerous times. There were times Dungey was holding back tears. He was straight up scared of him. A dumbass bully like jlaw has to be stood up to. Dungey never did and that alone cost him a lites title. Jlaw messed with rv at a national once... rv stopped in the middle of the track, ran his bike into jlaw, and then they had a little fight. After that the 2 of them never had beef again. I wish Dungey had a lil of that in him but he doesn't.
ATKpilot99
1/12/2014 8:32am
I thought his pass back on Barcia was somewhat aggressive. He couldn't pass Brayton because he was faster last night.
1/12/2014 9:06am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2014 9:06am
That's a pretty lame assessment. Perhaps, it s not his mentality but that he is not very comfortable on the KTM. He was plenty aggressive on...
Trent179 wrote:
You are in a lame denial state. He was a sissy on the Suzuki too. It is not his KTM. It's crazy, but I am a...
You are in a lame denial state. He was a sissy on the Suzuki too. It is not his KTM. It's crazy, but I am a Dungey fan. I just call it how I see it. The Jlaw thing is a perfect example. Jlaw did so much crap and punked Dungey out in front of crowds numerous times. There were times Dungey was holding back tears. He was straight up scared of him. A dumbass bully like jlaw has to be stood up to. Dungey never did and that alone cost him a lites title. Jlaw messed with rv at a national once... rv stopped in the middle of the track, ran his bike into jlaw, and then they had a little fight. After that the 2 of them never had beef again. I wish Dungey had a lil of that in him but he doesn't.
Everybody's mental makeup is different and I am not saying Dungey is as strong minded as RV (who else is?) However, saying a professional MX racer at the highest level has no backbone is ridiculous. Does he need to be mentally tougher in order to beat RV on a regular basis?, probably. Does it take extraordinary backbone and mental toughness to be a multi time MX champion?, yeah I am pretty sure it does. Does an average joe like yourself have any where near the mental toughness and backbone that Dungey has?, (I will let you answer that)
PRM31
1/12/2014 9:33am
Dungey is still my favorite rider. But I think he'll have a tough time winning a championship with his temperament. He has the speed, and he may be the only who does consistently have the speed to compete with RV. Problem is, races like yesterday, he needs to capitalize on the better start than RV. Had he passed Brayton early on, I believe Dungey would have won. As it was, he settled in behind him early on and did not take advantage of the opportunity. Brayton rode great, but Dungey has always settled in behind whoever for the first five or so laps. Unless RV takes himself out, Dungey's strategy won't allow him to beat RV for the title. I hope I'm wrong an I'll still be pulling for him.
philG
1/12/2014 9:35am
For sale, 1 owner , never been pulled

Apply Red Bull KTM ... #5

chuck317
1/12/2014 9:43am
Trent179 wrote:
You are in a lame denial state. He was a sissy on the Suzuki too. It is not his KTM. It's crazy, but I am a...
and Jlaw is where now?
RacerX8
1/12/2014 12:46pm
Simple, while he's on the gate his mechanic needs to point at "the Man" where he is making out with the Dunge's fiancée, fire restored...
1/12/2014 1:10pm
RandyS wrote:
One of my two favorite riders but you need one of these. [img]https://thecommunicationsstrategist.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/act-now-button-big-stock-photo.jpg[/img]
One of my two favorite riders but you need one of these.
JS had this in his head when he was behind KR last week.Silly
dirtnapper
1/12/2014 1:12pm
Things I learned from this thread - Dungey is a sissy......................Whistling

Moran.
malachi177
1/12/2014 1:30pm
Trent179 wrote:
If anything Dungey gained confidence from that series with Jlaw. Pretty sure that's why Jlaw is a pothead and Dungey has won every Championship possible.

Btw.....Dungey's corner speed was way better on the zook....so was his speed going thru the whoops.

Post a reply to: A present for Dungey

The Latest