A few theories(Speedy Reedy, MA800 and James)

dantheman
Edited Date/Time 4/15/2013 10:47pm
Let's face it, Reed and Stewart are past their "Championship" winning prime. It' ain't happening again for either of them, they're to old. Sure a race win here or there, but no PRO at their age has ever won a title in the big boy class. This isn't that they should retire though, it's their life, do whatever makes you happy and all that stuff...

REED: He's still racing in hopes he can beat James, and maybe RC too, on the all time WINS record! He's close. Their personal rivalry and dislike for each other runs deep enough for this to be a possibility.

JAMES: He's still racing, well... multiple reasons really, but he wants to beat RC's all time win record too. Moving himself into second. I mean seriously, it SEEMS soooooo close and yet, so far away this seaon. It's gonna take alot more "seasons" with his current win ratio in a given season though Wink

Also, with that knee injury, totally torn ACL, we have seen him sit out for less, maybe Suzook said you no race, we no pay! Afterall, that is how he started with them, racing and not getting paid. In this economy it's not wise to give up millions for a rider who sits on the "couch"!

I won't even cover the "outdoors" outlook, bum knee, WRIST now and... TWO 30+2's all summer long!!!

MA800: He races SX well for... the HOLESHOT money of course! I mean, it's a cool 1500.00 each time, he's killing it fo' shizo'
I don't think we've ever seen anyone holeshot so many many events and then have such hugely polar opposite results! Bring on the outdoors for the kid.

Well, just thinking out loud... agree, discuss or flame away! It's only the internet fella's
|
stewie94
4/14/2013 10:47am
reed & stewart stll got gas in the tank left , & stewy proved it when he put the beatdown on my boy dungey last year. me personally , reed is an outdoor rider , but transition to a good sx rider
Katoomey
4/14/2013 11:22am
does anyone really care?

This sport is and always was about the brightly burning stars, not the dim, fading, gaseous clouds that are CR22 and JS7.

Is there anything more depressing than watching Reed run around in 5th place all day long. And with his results, how long can he even financially afford to do it, that's the real question. He's got quite the operation to field 1 5th place bike.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 11:28am
Katoomey wrote:
does anyone really care? This sport is and always was about the brightly burning stars, not the dim, fading, gaseous clouds that are CR22 and JS7...
does anyone really care?

This sport is and always was about the brightly burning stars, not the dim, fading, gaseous clouds that are CR22 and JS7.

Is there anything more depressing than watching Reed run around in 5th place all day long. And with his results, how long can he even financially afford to do it, that's the real question. He's got quite the operation to field 1 5th place bike.
wow.

amazing.

The Shop

resetjet
4/14/2013 3:10pm
I don't know what MA has, but when he retires he needs to charge the other guys a ton of money each and teach starts or sell them whatever the secret is that he has........
71Fish
4/14/2013 3:51pm
Reed and Stewart are just as fast as a few years ago, but now there are others in the field who are faster. Check their lap time today compared to years past and you won't see any slower times.
dirtnapper
4/14/2013 4:47pm
Katoomey wrote:
does anyone really care? This sport is and always was about the brightly burning stars, not the dim, fading, gaseous clouds that are CR22 and JS7...
does anyone really care?

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
4/14/2013 5:50pm
71Fish wrote:
Reed and Stewart are just as fast as a few years ago, but now there are others in the field who are faster. Check their lap...
Reed and Stewart are just as fast as a few years ago, but now there are others in the field who are faster. Check their lap time today compared to years past and you won't see any slower times.
You cant compare lap times, tracks change every year watch a 07 or 09 James SX he aint riding at that level of aggression and with a blown out knee I dont blame him. Reed was the second fastest guy last year until injury and it has been nagging him ever sense. Neither of them are on there game due to injurys
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/14/2013 7:49pm
71Fish wrote:
Reed and Stewart are just as fast as a few years ago, but now there are others in the field who are faster. Check their lap...
Are you really this stupid man? What the fuck does looking at lap times of a completely different track prove. Just goes to show how many guys here are weekend warriors that don't know there ass from a hole in the ground....Dumbest post I have ever read on vital!
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
4/14/2013 7:57pm
Katoomey wrote:
does anyone really care?

71Fish
4/14/2013 8:10pm
71Fish wrote:
jhansen510 wrote:
Are you really this stupid man? What the fuck does looking at lap times of a completely different track prove. Just goes to show how many...
Are you really this stupid man? What the fuck does looking at lap times of a completely different track prove. Just goes to show how many guys here are weekend warriors that don't know there ass from a hole in the ground....Dumbest post I have ever read on vital!
Sounds like someone could use a hug.
Obviously tracks change year after year effecting lap times. So let me dumb it down a little for you so hopeully you can understand. Typically, on "most" SX tracks, the top guys run 49-53 second lap times. They have run those same exact times for the past several years. CR22/JS7 ran those times in their prime and they run those times now. Meaning what? Meaning they are just as fast today as they were a few years ago. Do you understand that kiddo?
Katoomey
4/14/2013 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 9:33pm
Katoomey wrote:
does anyone really care?

Regis wrote:
wow.

amazing.
i'm not trying to bash on them. they are two of the best ever. i'm just saying, time moves on, and so has there's and it seems people (i.e. fanatics) have a hard time dealing with that. it's rare in professional sports when career comebacks are made, especially when injuries play a role. it just doesn't happen as much as you'd like to believe. you go up, you peak, and then you go down.

i just like to see guys go out on top. thats all. ...it certainly doesn't make me respect them more when they bang their head against the wall.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/15/2013 12:57am
Katoomey wrote:
does anyone really care?

Anything more depressing? Yes. Reading some of the posts here. Like yours for example.
4/15/2013 1:36am
dirtnapper wrote:
[URL=http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/pauldonahue717/media/ufcfail_zps26081e17.gif.html][IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/pauldonahue717/ufcfail_zps26081e17.gif[/IMG][/URL]
That's some funny stuff.

You have to love those that stay aggressive from the bottom.
4/15/2013 5:25am
MA has to go down as the rider who has been passed by more riders than anyone else in the sport! EVER!
BobbyM
4/15/2013 6:19am
I highly doubt any of the bullshit you listed is a motivating factor for why they still race and race to win. Get a clue stu....
BobbyM
4/15/2013 6:21am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2013 9:08am
MA has to go down as the rider who has been passed by more riders than anyone else in the sport! EVER!
And mike has passed more riders at once than anybody else in the history of the sport too.
bdub
4/15/2013 6:46am
IMO, it all changed for Stewart when Partridge landed on his wrist. Guy hasnt been the same since. I wonder what percentage that thing is when he is 100%. All of his crashes seem to be because that wrist is failing him, and he doesnt have the feel he used to. Just my opinion, but when we look back at his career, there will be a "before that incident"', and "after that incident".
davidex400
4/15/2013 9:48am
stewie94 wrote:
reed & stewart stll got gas in the tank left , & stewy proved it when he put the beatdown on my boy dungey last year...
reed & stewart stll got gas in the tank left , & stewy proved it when he put the beatdown on my boy dungey last year. me personally , reed is an outdoor rider , but transition to a good sx rider
reed is more of an outdoor guy huh.....
peelout
4/15/2013 10:20am
bdub wrote:
IMO, it all changed for Stewart when Partridge landed on his wrist. Guy hasnt been the same since. I wonder what percentage that thing is when...
IMO, it all changed for Stewart when Partridge landed on his wrist. Guy hasnt been the same since. I wonder what percentage that thing is when he is 100%. All of his crashes seem to be because that wrist is failing him, and he doesnt have the feel he used to. Just my opinion, but when we look back at his career, there will be a "before that incident"', and "after that incident".
not sure if you meant it this way or not, but the first sentence in your post sure makes it sound like it was Partridge's fault... if that is the case, then it couldn't be any more false of an assessment.
4/15/2013 12:11pm
BobbyM wrote:
And mike has passed more riders at once than anybody else in the history of the sport too.
Mike Alessi is actually composed of Mike Larocco's anti-matter. I thoe two ever shook hands, the universe would collapse in upon itself.
dantheman
4/15/2013 12:19pm
Mike Alessi is actually composed of Mike Larocco's anti-matter. I thoe two ever shook hands, the universe would collapse in upon itself.
As a "back in the day" Uber Mike LaRocco fan, that's some funny shit right there TJ Smile

But man o' man, was it frustating back then...
JBods
4/15/2013 12:32pm
I don't agree, that might be what it looks like from the outside
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/15/2013 1:05pm
71Fish wrote:
jhansen510 wrote:
Are you really this stupid man? What the fuck does looking at lap times of a completely different track prove. Just goes to show how many...
71Fish wrote:
Sounds like someone could use a hug. Obviously tracks change year after year effecting lap times. So let me dumb it down a little for you...
Sounds like someone could use a hug.
Obviously tracks change year after year effecting lap times. So let me dumb it down a little for you so hopeully you can understand. Typically, on "most" SX tracks, the top guys run 49-53 second lap times. They have run those same exact times for the past several years. CR22/JS7 ran those times in their prime and they run those times now. Meaning what? Meaning they are just as fast today as they were a few years ago. Do you understand that kiddo?
No bro. You are still a fucktard if you think you can compare times from different years tracks to this years tracks. I am not arguing if they are faster or slower than they used to be. I am arguing that your logic is about as flawed as it possibly could be.
Highsider
4/15/2013 1:10pm
YZBooster wrote:
Two say that too too is to old is 2 funny Wink
I see what you did, there.
snowy816
4/15/2013 1:11pm
dantheman wrote:
Let's face it, Reed and Stewart are past their "Championship" winning prime. It' ain't happening again for either of them, they're to old. Sure a race...
Let's face it, Reed and Stewart are past their "Championship" winning prime. It' ain't happening again for either of them, they're to old. Sure a race win here or there, but no PRO at their age has ever won a title in the big boy class. This isn't that they should retire though, it's their life, do whatever makes you happy and all that stuff...

REED: He's still racing in hopes he can beat James, and maybe RC too, on the all time WINS record! He's close. Their personal rivalry and dislike for each other runs deep enough for this to be a possibility.

JAMES: He's still racing, well... multiple reasons really, but he wants to beat RC's all time win record too. Moving himself into second. I mean seriously, it SEEMS soooooo close and yet, so far away this seaon. It's gonna take alot more "seasons" with his current win ratio in a given season though Wink

Also, with that knee injury, totally torn ACL, we have seen him sit out for less, maybe Suzook said you no race, we no pay! Afterall, that is how he started with them, racing and not getting paid. In this economy it's not wise to give up millions for a rider who sits on the "couch"!

I won't even cover the "outdoors" outlook, bum knee, WRIST now and... TWO 30+2's all summer long!!!

MA800: He races SX well for... the HOLESHOT money of course! I mean, it's a cool 1500.00 each time, he's killing it fo' shizo'
I don't think we've ever seen anyone holeshot so many many events and then have such hugely polar opposite results! Bring on the outdoors for the kid.

Well, just thinking out loud... agree, discuss or flame away! It's only the internet fella's
I don't think you really have been around pro's before. But I can tell you they are way to big of a ego to just be there for records or points or money.. They get seriously pissed if they are not winning... I have friends who are pro's in Australia and been national champions both mx and sx...

They will take you down in a practice day just to be in front, that is why they are the elite of their sport, they are like the "honey Badger" They don't give a fuck. Friend or Foe they will slam you to get passed.

I have seen Sick Mick hold it pinned with broken collorbone training and just resnap that thing becuase he cartwheeled trying to go faster...

Ford Dale holding it wide fucking open on a 450 where most were backing it down because of the shadows and sun making it near impossible to see.. Not Ford pinned - cartwheeled - get up and pin it again..

Crazy, maybe but that is why they are who they are.. Most of you would shit if you really got to ride with these guys and Ballsy they are..

I h
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/15/2013 1:52pm
dantheman wrote:
Let's face it, Reed and Stewart are past their "Championship" winning prime. It' ain't happening again for either of them, they're to old. Sure a race...

snowy816 wrote:
I don't think you really have been around pro's before. But I can tell you they are way to big of a ego to just be...
I don't think you really have been around pro's before. But I can tell you they are way to big of a ego to just be there for records or points or money.. They get seriously pissed if they are not winning... I have friends who are pro's in Australia and been national champions both mx and sx...

They will take you down in a practice day just to be in front, that is why they are the elite of their sport, they are like the "honey Badger" They don't give a fuck. Friend or Foe they will slam you to get passed.

I have seen Sick Mick hold it pinned with broken collorbone training and just resnap that thing becuase he cartwheeled trying to go faster...

Ford Dale holding it wide fucking open on a 450 where most were backing it down because of the shadows and sun making it near impossible to see.. Not Ford pinned - cartwheeled - get up and pin it again..

Crazy, maybe but that is why they are who they are.. Most of you would shit if you really got to ride with these guys and Ballsy they are..

I h
Whoa bro. Put that thing back in your pants.... Way way too excited you are!
snowy816
4/15/2013 1:56pm
dantheman wrote:

snowy816 wrote:
I don't think you really have been around pro's before. But I can tell you they are way to big of a ego to just be...

I h
jhansen510 wrote:
Mate, not exicted just some crazy posts on guys that are insane when they ride. You have Andrew in your sig so won't bag you. Same with that guy ridden with him and he was crazy with somethings he would do just play riding.. And have seen him throwing helmets and yelling when not winning..

They are amazing how they continue to evolve with the young up and coming youth..
Mad respect to the "old" guys.
dantheman
4/15/2013 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2013 2:07pm
snowy816 wrote:

I h
From a little over a year ago: Stewart told USA Today: “My No. 1 focus is get to 73 wins,... : Article

I'd imagine that what I suggested is not entirely impossible Wink
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/15/2013 2:08pm
snowy816 wrote:

I h
jhansen510 wrote:
snowy816 wrote:
Mate, not exicted just some crazy posts on guys that are insane when they ride. You have Andrew in your sig so won't bag you. Same...
Mate, not exicted just some crazy posts on guys that are insane when they ride. You have Andrew in your sig so won't bag you. Same with that guy ridden with him and he was crazy with somethings he would do just play riding.. And have seen him throwing helmets and yelling when not winning..

They are amazing how they continue to evolve with the young up and coming youth..
Mad respect to the "old" guys.
Just messing with you my dude! Andrew was one of my favorite racers. Met him at Red Bud when he was on Y.O.T. Very respectable fella that will be missed forever! What part of Australia are you from my man? Always have dreamed of making it to that side of the world someday!

Post a reply to: A few theories(Speedy Reedy, MA800 and James)

The Latest