A different view of the test tracks

Olson
10/3/2015 1:44am
Awesome. Thanks for the video. This leads me to a question. Wind isn't a problem in California? If we had tracks at that height (Yamaha tracks) here and no vegetation we would be blown off the jumps.
x3no22
10/3/2015 1:51am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2015 2:09am
so these teams train a stones throw away from eachother?
and jesus some of those drop offs if they mess up ala suzuki track holy shit!
jock
Fantasy
1st
10/3/2015 2:05am
Gibby, you need PC or FMF too do some work on the motors of that little drone thing mate, almost missed the last couple of tracks. Smile .

The Shop

10/3/2015 3:21am
Anyone know how long the Husky track has been there for?

And who exactly is K2?

Thanks for the video
TeamGreen
10/3/2015 3:26am
689 wrote:
Anyone know how long the Husky track has been there for? And who exactly is K2? Thanks for the video

And who exactly is K2?

Thanks for the video
Kawasaki SX track #2
10/3/2015 3:43am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2015 3:44am
689 wrote:
Anyone know how long the Husky track has been there for? And who exactly is K2? Thanks for the video

And who exactly is K2?

Thanks for the video
TeamGreen wrote:
Kawasaki SX track #2
I clearly over thought it. Was not aware Kawi had a test track at Corona. Cheers Team Green
FWYT
10/3/2015 8:44am
Why exactly are they all right next to each other? Is it because all those tractors are close by and handy?
jeffro503
10/3/2015 9:01am
FWYT wrote:
Why exactly are they all right next to each other? Is it because all those tractors are close by and handy?
Chip I think " maybe " the same guy owns all the land and leases it to the teams? I think I heard that before.

And Steve , thanks for putting that up. I had no idea they were all together like that , or at least that close anyways. How far away was Glen Helen from these tracks?
10/3/2015 9:51am
FWYT wrote:
Same reason Walgreens, cvs, drug art, and rite aid are on the same corner.

Same reason oreillys, advance auto parts, Napa, and autozone are all next to each other.

Not really but that's all I was thinking about watching the video. Didn't realize they were that close.
10/3/2015 11:23am
I love the music, seemed so fitting with this video for some reason. It is truly amazing how close these tracks really are! I think its ironic to because everyone comes in saying they don't really know what to expect of their competition, but yet they can most likely watch the other riders from their own track. Suzuki seems to have the best angle too
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/3/2015 4:39pm
jock wrote:
Gibby, you need PC or FMF too do some work on the motors of that little drone thing mate, almost missed the last couple of tracks...
Gibby, you need PC or FMF too do some work on the motors of that little drone thing mate, almost missed the last couple of tracks. Smile .
The motors are fine. There are a couple reasons I didn't head a little further out. One is, Dungey and Anderson were riding on the KTM track, and I didn't want to intrude.

Also, to the left of the KTM and Husky tracks, there's a model airplane landing strip, and there had been people flying there in the morning. They generally don't stray over the tracks (or aren't supposed to), but I didn't want to have a problem with any that did.
10/3/2015 4:43pm
FWYT wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Chip I think " maybe " the same guy owns all the land and leases it to the teams? I think I heard that before. And...
Chip I think " maybe " the same guy owns all the land and leases it to the teams? I think I heard that before.

And Steve , thanks for putting that up. I had no idea they were all together like that , or at least that close anyways. How far away was Glen Helen from these tracks?
I think that Jeff Ward's father in law owns all of the land those tracks are on.

Post a reply to: A different view of the test tracks

The Latest