A different look at the MXoN.

Team Euro
6/18/2010 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2010 9:28pm
Torco1 wrote:
WoohooWoohoo it still cracks me up.
Ask Donnie how many pipes he made for me and tell him I still owe him $1... Torco dip.
hoppsan
6/18/2010 9:39pm
I hate to break it to you TE, but being fast on a motorcycle doesn't give you a free pass to roam around as a giant dipshit, nor does it make you superior to other human beings (off the track, at the very least). You obviously have huge issues with the AMA (and svemo, but who doesn't) but I don't see why you have this urge to constantly stir the pot on the whole AMA Nationals vs. GP vs. Americans vs. Europeans vs. Oceanians vs. Ronny Mac subject. You're not exactly "winning people over" by annoying the piss out of them with all sorts of snarky remarks about anything from porta-pottys to the amount of trans-fat in the 30/15-sec-girls lunch.

We get it, you think the GPs are great (so do I, but I try to not be a dick to everyone who doesn't share my point of view). Could you please try to not turn every single thread that even so much as mentions a GP or AMA "something", be it a rider or event or sticker set, into a raging poo-flinging war?

Disown me all you like, I have since long stopped taking your posts seriously, and I sincerely hope others will as well. Then you can sit there in a corner and rage all you want, together with whichever poor soul that wants to listen.

Sorry for loss of temper.
jeffro503
6/18/2010 9:42pm
mxmasta wrote:
I know, there are way to much of these really annoying AMA vs. GP threads. And for me, it really doesnt matter which series is faster...
I know, there are way to much of these really annoying AMA vs. GP threads.
And for me, it really doesnt matter which series is faster, deeper oder better.
I enjoy watching the GPs as much as the US Nationals, and i am no better man when the GP-Riders are faster, nor am i a better man when the AMA-Riders are better.

I just find it very sad that a lot of times the MXoN should be the evidence that the AMA-Series ist better or faster. The MXoN is a race where countries compete against each other. Yes, most of the times the USA wins this battle. Well the US is big, much bigger than any european country. I know, you've heard that a billion times by now.

Now to the point of my post:
I did the math on the last MXoN (MXoN 2009). I wanted to know, what would happen, if the MXoN would be a real AMA vs. GP race. So i counted for each race the top 5 AMA-Riders and the top 5 GP-Riders. For the third race i counted just the top 4, because Burner went down and did not finish.

As you can see below, in this case the GP-Guys would win by far.
Also if you just count the top three of each race.
But to be fair, this is not really showing the reality, because there are a lot more GP-Guys in the races than AMA-Racers. I think it would be way more close in points, if there were 20 AMA-Riders and 20 GP-Riders.

Here are the Points from the MXoN 2009:

Race 1

AMA:
Reed 2
Dungey 3
Searle 7
Weimer 8
Rattray 13

GP:
Cairoli 1
Desalle 4
Musquin 5
Coppins 6
Swanepoel 9

Race 2

AMA:
Tedesco 3
Metcalfe 9
Rattray 10
Balbi 16
Searle 17

GP:
Paulin 1
Philipaerts 2
Leok 4
Musquin 5
Nagl 6

Race 3

AMA:
Dungey 1
Tedesco 7
Reed 9
Balbi 19

GP:
Ramon 2
Philipaerts 3
Barragan 4
Frossard 5

Points Top5(4)

AMA: 124
GP: 57

Points Top3

AMA: 51
GP: 26

In 2009 the GP would have won both categories!
I think it would be really nice to see the top 10 (20) of each series against each other, this would really be the race of the year!!
I can honestly say , that i've come to the 100% complete conclusion that you are a fucking Moron! You must just type to re-read your own words out loud. What God Damn planet are you from? I haven't heard that kind of nonsense in quite sometime. I've been racing and riding for for about 35 years now , and have been "Involved" in the sport one way or another over the years. I have known and became friends with guys who race the Nationals , SX , and have won titles in the Four stroke nationals , AX series , Canadian nationals and so forth. So you can say I know a little about this sport as well.

Judging by some of your posts , you either have to be heavily medicated or just an Idiot.

The Shop

jeffro503
6/18/2010 9:44pm
hoppsan wrote:
I hate to break it to you TE, but being fast on a motorcycle doesn't give you a free pass to roam around as a giant...
I hate to break it to you TE, but being fast on a motorcycle doesn't give you a free pass to roam around as a giant dipshit, nor does it make you superior to other human beings (off the track, at the very least). You obviously have huge issues with the AMA (and svemo, but who doesn't) but I don't see why you have this urge to constantly stir the pot on the whole AMA Nationals vs. GP vs. Americans vs. Europeans vs. Oceanians vs. Ronny Mac subject. You're not exactly "winning people over" by annoying the piss out of them with all sorts of snarky remarks about anything from porta-pottys to the amount of trans-fat in the 30/15-sec-girls lunch.

We get it, you think the GPs are great (so do I, but I try to not be a dick to everyone who doesn't share my point of view). Could you please try to not turn every single thread that even so much as mentions a GP or AMA "something", be it a rider or event or sticker set, into a raging poo-flinging war?

Disown me all you like, I have since long stopped taking your posts seriously, and I sincerely hope others will as well. Then you can sit there in a corner and rage all you want, together with whichever poor soul that wants to listen.

Awesome post Hoppsan!
Team Euro
6/18/2010 9:52pm
Practice starts in a hour, gotta go bubble people....
Cigaro
6/18/2010 9:53pm
hoppsan wrote:
I hate to break it to you TE, but being fast on a motorcycle doesn't give you a free pass to roam around as a giant...

That is one of the best posts I've seen in a while. Epic!! Nicely done

yamazuki
6/19/2010 6:58am
pie8man wrote:
I'd say take the top 3 AMA guys and compare to the top 3 GP guys in points for the last 3 years at MXoN and...
I'd say take the top 3 AMA guys and compare to the top 3 GP guys in points for the last 3 years at MXoN and see where it falls. I do not think we have ever had the top 10 AMA guys in the MXoN regardless where they are from.
What is really funny, many years, we did not have the top 3 AMA riders and still won.

Last year we were considered a weak team and still won, no Bubba, no Villopoto, Grant, so on so forth. Most of our best riders were out due to injury, and we still won.

The above conclusion is bogus. First MXDN is not about who the fastest rider is, it is a team event, it is about the fastest team.

I say if Europe or the rest of the world want to find out if their riders are the fastest, send them over here. They are not going to find that out racing FIM.
yamazuki
6/19/2010 7:08am
mxmasta wrote:
I know, there are way to much of these really annoying AMA vs. GP threads. And for me, it really doesnt matter which series is faster...
I know, there are way to much of these really annoying AMA vs. GP threads.
And for me, it really doesnt matter which series is faster, deeper oder better.
I enjoy watching the GPs as much as the US Nationals, and i am no better man when the GP-Riders are faster, nor am i a better man when the AMA-Riders are better.

I just find it very sad that a lot of times the MXoN should be the evidence that the AMA-Series ist better or faster. The MXoN is a race where countries compete against each other. Yes, most of the times the USA wins this battle. Well the US is big, much bigger than any european country. I know, you've heard that a billion times by now.

Now to the point of my post:
I did the math on the last MXoN (MXoN 2009). I wanted to know, what would happen, if the MXoN would be a real AMA vs. GP race. So i counted for each race the top 5 AMA-Riders and the top 5 GP-Riders. For the third race i counted just the top 4, because Burner went down and did not finish.

As you can see below, in this case the GP-Guys would win by far.
Also if you just count the top three of each race.
But to be fair, this is not really showing the reality, because there are a lot more GP-Guys in the races than AMA-Racers. I think it would be way more close in points, if there were 20 AMA-Riders and 20 GP-Riders.

Here are the Points from the MXoN 2009:

Race 1

AMA:
Reed 2
Dungey 3
Searle 7
Weimer 8
Rattray 13

GP:
Cairoli 1
Desalle 4
Musquin 5
Coppins 6
Swanepoel 9

Race 2

AMA:
Tedesco 3
Metcalfe 9
Rattray 10
Balbi 16
Searle 17

GP:
Paulin 1
Philipaerts 2
Leok 4
Musquin 5
Nagl 6

Race 3

AMA:
Dungey 1
Tedesco 7
Reed 9
Balbi 19

GP:
Ramon 2
Philipaerts 3
Barragan 4
Frossard 5

Points Top5(4)

AMA: 124
GP: 57

Points Top3

AMA: 51
GP: 26

In 2009 the GP would have won both categories!
I think it would be really nice to see the top 10 (20) of each series against each other, this would really be the race of the year!!
Titan1 wrote:
I like it....and this is what I've been saying in other threads. Nice work. Why don't you do the same for 2008 and 2007 as well...
I like it....and this is what I've been saying in other threads. Nice work.

Why don't you do the same for 2008 and 2007 as well? (If you have time). It'd be interesting to see.

Last year was a bad year for the AMA riders at the mxdn...I remember in 2006 (I think), and 7 of the 9 riders on the three podium teams were AMA riders.

Anyway, it goes back and forth, and so I would LOVE to see a historical analysis of that.
A better look, from Wiki. The US did not enter until 1971 and did not start winning till 1981

2009 USA Ryan Dungey / Jake Weimer / Ivan Tedesco Franciacorta, Italy
2008 USA James Stewart Jr. / Ryan Villopoto / Tim Ferry Donington Park, UK
2007 USA Ricky Carmichael / Ryan Villopoto / Tim Ferry Budds Creek, USA
2006 USA James Stewart Jr. / Ryan Villopoto / Ivan Tedesco Matterley Basin, UK
2005 USA Ricky Carmichael / Kevin Windham / Ivan Tedesco Ernée, France
2004 Belgium Stefan Everts / Steve Ramon / Kevin Strijbos Lierop, Netherlands
2003 Belgium Stefan Everts / Steve Ramon / Joël Smets Zolder, Belgium
2002 Italy Andrea Bartolini / Alessio Chiodi / Alessandro Puzar Bellpuig, Spain
2001 France Yves Demaria / Luigi Seguy / David Vuillemin Namur, Belgium
2000 USA Ricky Carmichael / Ryan Hughes / Travis Pastrana Saint-Jean-d'Angély, France
1999 Italy Andrea Bartolini / Alessio Chiodi/ Claudio Federici Indaiatuba, Brazil
1998 Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Patrick Caps / Stefan Everts Foxhills, UK
1997 Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Stefan Everts / Joël Smets Nismes, Belgium
1996 USA Jeff Emig / Steve Lamson / Jeremy McGrath Jerez de la Frontera, Spain
1995 Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Stefan Everts / Joël Smets Sverepec, Slovakia
1994 Great Britain Rob Herring / Paul Malin / Kurt Nicoll Roggenburg, Switzerland
1993 USA Jeff Emig / Mike Kiedrowski / Jeremy McGrath Schwanenstadt, Austria
1992 USA Jeff Emig / Mike LaRocco / Billy Liles Manjimup, Australia
1991 USA Damon Bradshaw / Mike Kiedrowski / Jeff Stanton Valkenswaard, Netherlands
1990 USA Damon Bradshaw / Jeff Stanton / Jeff Ward Vimmerby, Sweden
1989 USA Mike Kiedrowski / Jeff Stanton / Jeff Ward Gaildorf, West Germany
1988 USA Rick Johnson / Ron Lechien / Jeff Ward Dung, France
1987 USA Bob Hannah / Rick Johnson / Jeff Ward Unadilla, USA
1986 USA David Bailey / Rick Johnson / Johnny O'Mara Maggiora, Italy
1985 USA David Bailey / Ron Lechien / Jeff Ward Gaildorf, West Germany
1984 USA David Bailey / Rick Johnson / Johnny O'Mara / Jeff Ward Vanta, Finland
1983 USA David Bailey / Mark Barnett / Broc Glover / Jeff Ward Bruxelles, Belgium
1982 USA David Bailey / Danny Chandler / Jim Gibson / Johnny O'Mara Wohlen, Switzerland
1981 USA Donnie Hansen / Danny LaPorte / Johnny O'Mara / Chuck Sun Beilstein, West Germany
1980 Belgium Georges Jobé / André Malherbe / Ivan Van Den Broek / André Vromans Farleigh Castle, UK
1979 Belgium Roger De Coster / Harry Everts / André Malherbe / Ivan Van Den Broek Stockholm, Sweden
1978 USSR Kavinov / Khudiakov / Korneev / Guennady Moisseev Gaildorf, West Germany
1977 Belgium Roger De Coster / André Malherbe / Jean-Paul Mingles / Jaak Van Velthoven Cognac, France
1976 Belgium Roger De Coster / Harry Everts / Gaston Rahier / Jaak Van Velthoven St. Anthonis, Netherlands
1975 Czechoslovakia Bavorovský / Churavý / Naváček / Velký Kaplice, Czechoslovakia
1974 Sweden Bengt Aberg / Hakan Andersson / Ake Jonsson / Kring Stockholm, Sweden
1973 Belgium Roger De Coster / Sylvain Geboers / René Heeren / Jaak Van Velthoven Bohlen, Switzerland
1972 Belgium Roger De Coster / Van de Vorst / Jaak Van Velthoven Norg, Netherlands
1971 Sweden Bengt Aberg / Hammargren/ Ake Jonsson / Petersoon
1970 Sweden Bengt Aberg / Hammargren / Ake Jonsson / Kring
1969 Belgium Roger De Coster / Sylvain Geboers / Joël Robert / Jef Teeuwissen
1968 USSR Angers/ Petushkov / Pogbrniak / Shinkarenko
1967 Great Britain Jeff Bickers / Vic Eastwood/ Jeff Smith
1966 Great Britain Jeff Bickers / Vic Eastwood / D.J. Rickman
1965 Great Britain Arthur Lampkin / Vic Eastwood / Jeff Smith
1964 Great Britain D.E. Rickman / D.J. Rickman / Jeff Smith
1963 Great Britain Burton / D.E. Rickman / D.J. Rickman
1962 Sweden Johansson / Ove Lundell / Rolf Tibblin
1961 Sweden Ove Lundell / Bill Nilsson / Rolf Tibblin
1960 Great Britain Curtis / Rickman / Jeff Smith
1959 Great Britain Draper / Rickman / Jeff Smith
1958 Sweden Gustavsson / Ove Lundell / Bill Nilsson
1957 Great Britain Curtis / Martin / Jeff Smith
1956 Great Britain Draper / Jeff Smith/ Ward
1955 Sweden Gustavsson / Sten Lundin / Bill Nilsson
1954 Great Britain Curtis / Brian Stonebridge / Ward
1953 Great Britain Les Archer / Draper / Ward
1952 Great Britain Nex / Brian Stonebridge / Ward
1951 Belgium Jansen / Leloup / Meunier
1950 Great Britain Draper / Hall / Lines
1949 Great Britain Lines / Manns / Soovell
1948 Belgium Cox / Jansen / Milhoux
1947 Great Britain Bill Nicholson / Bob Ray / Fred Rist

Post a reply to: A different look at the MXoN.

The Latest