A couple years ago a friend of mine

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/8/2015 3:46am
was fired for some reason as the mechanic for a top contender. He landed on his feet shortly thereafter and has already won a championship and so far this year is currently kicking ass in the men's class and is one of the top mechanics out there. His replacement supposedly forget or bypassed some rear brake maintenance at A1.
My question is... Should his replacement be worried?
|
1/7/2015 12:23pm
I bet you've also told your doctor you have a "friend" with erectile dysfunction too huh Wink

The Shop

SquidBro
1/7/2015 12:36pm
I'm calling bullshit on this thread, there's no way a grumpy old turd like you would have any friends.....
Crush
1/7/2015 12:36pm
Alessi lost a grip and maybe one other mech issue last year? How the fuck does the brake come apart like that.... Scary shit. Is the dude high?
scooter5002
1/7/2015 12:39pm
First of all, we know your lead off is bullshit, because you don't HAVE any friends. Subsequently, everything thereafter is bullshit as well. Surprised you aren't in bragging about your boy and his Canadian Championship Title last year. Oh wait, that's right, he didn't win.
Dragoo168
1/7/2015 12:43pm
Depends on his value to the team and integrity as a dude I'd say, but then again, I know of some good guys on the same level that have been let go over the years for no apparent reason also! Who's to say, LOL?!
goinrcn44h
Fantasy
788th
1/7/2015 12:51pm
Shit happens... That is a fact, however, as a mechanic, especially at the professional level, the checklists, and re-checklists should run deep. Obviously safety wire should have been there as well if for no other reason that when its not there you know there is still something that needs to be done. I'm not sure if firing is the correct course of action but I also wouldn't be surprised if that were the outcome.
Jeff alessi
1/7/2015 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2015 1:10pm
If we are talking about mikes mechanic I wouldn't say its not to that point yet, a lot of stuff that happened in Canada was just the result of the tracks being pretty gnarly on the equipment. The other night could have been one or the other, the cast part failed and that only happens if the bolts on the hub weren't tite enough or if he landed and the part broke. I know the mechanics on the team do there best and the mechanics there right now also do a good job doing there job which goes far beyond being just a wrench. I can't say that much about the guys in the past that got fired because there were a few that went as far as using company cards for wedding presents and vacation tickets. Again the group of guys over at smartop have a place there because they do a great job as a team and working together and that's the best way to go racing.
MXD
1/7/2015 1:25pm
Didn't Dave Dye work for that team at some point last year or the year before? Did he get let go or quit?
BobbyM
1/7/2015 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2015 5:29pm
First of all, we know your lead off is bullshit, because you don't HAVE any friends. Subsequently, everything thereafter is bullshit as well. Surprised you aren't...
First of all, we know your lead off is bullshit, because you don't HAVE any friends. Subsequently, everything thereafter is bullshit as well. Surprised you aren't in bragging about your boy and his Canadian Championship Title last year. Oh wait, that's right, he didn't win.
Hey... To have a friend you have to be a friend.... friend.

Will you be my friend?
scooter5002
1/7/2015 5:42pm
I wouldn't cross the street to piss on your head, if your hair was on fire. Draw your conclusion from that. Cool Maybe you and Hammerhead can be friends, since, you know, you two are the ones with the most knowledge around here. According to you, at least.
Jeff alessi
1/7/2015 5:57pm
MXD wrote:
Didn't Dave Dye work for that team at some point last year or the year before? Did he get let go or quit?
I'm not to sure what happened to Dave that was at the beginning of the trip north, he was a great mechanic that was strait as an arrow and did his job well so I'm not sure.
rippaaa
1/7/2015 6:05pm
MXD wrote:
I'm not to sure what happened to Dave that was at the beginning of the trip north, he was a great mechanic that was strait as...
I'm not to sure what happened to Dave that was at the beginning of the trip north, he was a great mechanic that was strait as an arrow and did his job well so I'm not sure.
Didn't dave or one of mikes mechanics crash while riding an injure himself??

May have mixed up the rider but i thought one of mikes mechanics crashed at some point and got injured.
jeffro503
1/7/2015 6:13pm
I wouldn't cross the street to piss on your head, if your hair was on fire. Draw your conclusion from that. B) Maybe you and Hammerhead...
I wouldn't cross the street to piss on your head, if your hair was on fire. Draw your conclusion from that. Cool Maybe you and Hammerhead can be friends, since, you know, you two are the ones with the most knowledge around here. According to you, at least.
Wow Scooter.....that's mean! I'd take any chance I had to run across the street and piss all over Bobby's head! Anything to help a brother out ya know? SillySilly

As far as this thread goes........if a dude was fired for not doing his job correctly.....then he should of done his job right. If it was parts that failed....well that's a whole other subject.

This is what is what I saw in this whole thing. Bobby's buddy gets shit canned around the time when the Canadian series starts......weird that around that same time Bobby's lips are then removed from the balls of the MCR / MA800 team. That's about when I saw him quit sticking up for them. ( I mean as far as worshiping them goes ). You don't see Bobby in here fighting tooth and nail for Mike any more. Cause they shit canned his good buddy.

Bobby's Vag has been assaulted.
Lefty Right
1/7/2015 7:15pm
SquidBro wrote:
I'm calling bullshit on this thread, there's no way a grumpy old turd like you would have any friends.....
Silly
willie838
1/7/2015 7:42pm
did you have to sign a waiver to make this thread OP?

i think we're pickin up what you're putting down.
BobbyM
1/7/2015 8:08pm
I wouldn't cross the street to piss on your head, if your hair was on fire. Draw your conclusion from that. B) Maybe you and Hammerhead...
What hair? You sound like a fine fine American son.. God bless you.
BobbyM
1/7/2015 8:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Wow Scooter.....that's mean! I'd take any chance I had to run across the street and piss all over Bobby's head! Anything to help a brother out...
Wow Scooter.....that's mean! I'd take any chance I had to run across the street and piss all over Bobby's head! Anything to help a brother out ya know? SillySilly

As far as this thread goes........if a dude was fired for not doing his job correctly.....then he should of done his job right. If it was parts that failed....well that's a whole other subject.

This is what is what I saw in this whole thing. Bobby's buddy gets shit canned around the time when the Canadian series starts......weird that around that same time Bobby's lips are then removed from the balls of the MCR / MA800 team. That's about when I saw him quit sticking up for them. ( I mean as far as worshiping them goes ). You don't see Bobby in here fighting tooth and nail for Mike any more. Cause they shit canned his good buddy.

Bobby's Vag has been assaulted.
Slightly off there Corky... but keep trying. It's good shit and entertaining at least.
BobbyM
1/7/2015 8:12pm
TeamGreen wrote:
This thread is jus' funny...
I'm laughing.. MO you coming this weekend?
BobbyM
1/7/2015 8:15pm
Hammertime and I are friends.. Damn good dude and a proud Canadian.
WFO!
1/7/2015 8:29pm
Hey Bobby
I read your title " A couple years ago a friend of mine..."

I thought I was going to click on and read..."Asked me to say some MC rhymes" haha
My mind is stuck in the 80's
1/7/2015 8:30pm
No yellow or red card here from the ref? WTF?!?! This place is rigged.
ChrisB10
1/7/2015 8:58pm
Why are you so hostile on every thread? Are you just bitter about life in general?
BobbyM
1/7/2015 10:09pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Why are you so hostile on every thread? Are you just bitter about life in general?
Bitter is bad... Its his lack of a sense of some sort of humor that blows.
Zracer
1/8/2015 3:46am
Being funny and making your point simultaneously is a lost art. You just scored on both counts.

Post a reply to: A couple years ago a friend of mine

The Latest