The Sport We Love

I.G. FILMS
Edited Date/Time 10/14/2017 11:42pm
Does it bother anyone else how hard this sport is to watch? My family has Spectrum(Time Warner Cable). I've always used the Fox Sports Go app. Earlier today our app stopped showing Monster Cup as an option to watch. This isn't the first time this has happened. I've noticed in the past year or so how hard it has become watch Monster Cup/Supercross. For some reason even though we pay for Spectrum sometimes we still can't watch the races. It seems like every Saturday night I'm running around trying to find a way to watch the race. If the dedicated fan base is having trouble watching the race how do we expect to gain new fans? I just want to watch the sport I love. Maybe I'm just pissed off and ranting but I can't be the only one that feels this way. I want nothing but the best for this sport and hope it becomes easier to watch.

|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
10/14/2017 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2017 11:51pm
Feld is getting what they pay for (air time), programming wise. They will have to step up and pay more for better time slots and options.
10/15/2017 1:54am
You gotta wonder how to gain new fans with such incredibly boring races.
JustMX
10/15/2017 2:49am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
You gotta wonder how to gain new fans with such incredibly boring races.
Boom goes the dynamite
10/15/2017 8:25am
I don’t know why they rely so heavily on TV. It’s archaic. I watch the races on YouTube via my amazon fire stick. Why the promoters don’t get their own advertisers, and switch to live streaming FOR FREE is my question.

The Shop

10/15/2017 8:30am
I have spectrum (Time wanner cable) and the fox sport go app worked fine for me. You can also view FS2 on the spectrum app. I live in Ohio and it worked on my end. Also we finally got MavTV back as well.
KDXGarage
10/15/2017 9:15am
"My family has Spectrum(Time Warner Cable)"

How old are you??

It was on Fox Sports 2. Sorry if you did not pay for that channel. Somebody, somewhere has to pay money for ANYTHING to be broadcast.

"OUR" sport is just not that popular. There are reasons why there is not a horsehoes channel or darts channel.
Mit12
10/15/2017 9:26am
The only way this sport grows more is TV air time. FELD needs to pay out for better programming to make it to the next level.
10/15/2017 9:34am
I don’t know why they rely so heavily on TV. It’s archaic. I watch the races on YouTube via my amazon fire stick. Why the promoters...
I don’t know why they rely so heavily on TV. It’s archaic. I watch the races on YouTube via my amazon fire stick. Why the promoters don’t get their own advertisers, and switch to live streaming FOR FREE is my question.
Exactly. Look at how many fans F1 gaines through their YouTube videos.
BAMX
10/15/2017 9:49am
kzizok wrote:
Feld is getting what they pay for (air time), programming wise. They will have to step up and pay more for better time slots and options.
Feld gets paid not the other way around.
10/15/2017 12:06pm
KDXGarage wrote:
"My family has Spectrum(Time Warner Cable)" How old are you?? It was on Fox Sports 2. Sorry if you did not pay for that channel. Somebody...
"My family has Spectrum(Time Warner Cable)"

How old are you??

It was on Fox Sports 2. Sorry if you did not pay for that channel. Somebody, somewhere has to pay money for ANYTHING to be broadcast.

"OUR" sport is just not that popular. There are reasons why there is not a horsehoes channel or darts channel.
It's not even an option by my provider on any tier of cable packages. FS1 only. This is why it should also be on FS Go app. They even mentioned on air last night (I was able to watch through acestream) something like "We might have to switch over to FS GO app to continue viewing. Although that never happened, it was obviously an option they had.
cason402
10/15/2017 4:52pm
I.G. FILMS wrote:
Does it bother anyone else how hard this sport is to watch? My family has Spectrum(Time Warner Cable). I've always used the Fox Sports Go app...
Does it bother anyone else how hard this sport is to watch? My family has Spectrum(Time Warner Cable). I've always used the Fox Sports Go app. Earlier today our app stopped showing Monster Cup as an option to watch. This isn't the first time this has happened. I've noticed in the past year or so how hard it has become watch Monster Cup/Supercross. For some reason even though we pay for Spectrum sometimes we still can't watch the races. It seems like every Saturday night I'm running around trying to find a way to watch the race. If the dedicated fan base is having trouble watching the race how do we expect to gain new fans? I just want to watch the sport I love. Maybe I'm just pissed off and ranting but I can't be the only one that feels this way. I want nothing but the best for this sport and hope it becomes easier to watch.

simple answer, no.

more complex answer:
i love motocross and if i had to read about these races three months from now in a magazine, i would.
i did in the 70's and it was awesome then and it's awesome now.

this is an enthusiast sport, not a spectator sport. the "industry" want's more sports market share, like any group trying to make a buck.... but,

the sport has a high price point for entry, it always has and always will. and if you don't ever participate in dirt bike riding, you never will understand motocross to a point you enjoy watching it. because you won't be able to understand just how incredible these kids are. so you would be the odd one, who watched it, if you didn't do it.

so the coverage we have now is proportional to the interest in it, and that interest (i'd wager) is roughly the same percentage of people as the 70's.

the entertainment industry has grown to a point that supports providing us live races, it's not the sport's growth that has done anything special in that regard.

willie838
10/15/2017 6:07pm
I think you guys are delusional about where Supercross ranks in the feld empire.

Feld has monster truck jam or monster energy monster jam monster monster show.

They BRILLIANTLY bought all the trucks and rights to them, then stick who the fuck ever in there to drive the truck (the truck is the star, the drivers are interchangeable.- ie I know Gravedigger and Bigfoot......i don't know what hillbilly drove either truck for the 94-95 season.

So they own that show, top to bottom. They can run 3 shows over a friday saturday sunday- trucks don't get tired or injured. Gravedigger driver gets paralyzed? Push him out and put heybob Jim 2 in there to drive it, who cares. All the sales for merch, theirs.

Think about how lucrative that shit is, and how complication free it is compared to having 10 superstar private contractors, arguing with factories about money and getting hurt.

I'd love to see a financial breakdown but the fans have got to tone it down. This shit is never going to be the NFL. Travis was as much crossover as we're ever going to get IMO.

I love the sport for what it is. Keep it niche, I'll enjoy it, even if 95% of the general public could care less.
three9zero
10/15/2017 6:14pm
No matter if I pay for it or find a free stream, I'm still watching the advertising. Is not the entire goal of the promoter to sell ads ? When I watch it online the can tell I'm watching, gives a solid number to seel to advertisers. Stream it free online and sell the advertising.....
TeamGreen
10/15/2017 6:24pm
I watched it on Direct TV channel 618...no sweat. Even rewound it a few times during the show to see some of the insanity in slo-mo.

But, what do I know? I even enjoyed the Best Whip contest.
drt410
10/15/2017 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 8:13pm
Many new fans to sports come across the sport flipping thru channels, word of mouth, a friend etc... Adam Cianciarulo said he was flipping through the channels and saw Jeremy McGrath and was hooked from that moment on, nobody in his family raced. When they make it so even for die hard fans its a pain in the ass to find and/or watch the races they have a problem. They are dropping the ball so hard. You can watch professional poker, tennis, chess, dog shows..... you name it and at prime time hours on tv as well. What the hell are they doing? Many of my friends who dont ride and arent huge fans of the sport used to be able to name some of the top riders and would watch the races because they would be on during the day over the weekend so people would watch. The way it is now........fagettaboutit. To watch Supercross you have to stay up until 2am on a Saturday because f the fans. What happened to like 6pm on espn?
KDXGarage
10/15/2017 10:22pm
This thread is the same as many over the years. Young people expect every race, Live, and free. Older people are glad we have a lot more now than we did when we were young and don't mind paying to see it live. Paying money got the poster above DirecTV 618 with a DVR to record it live and be able to watch it, rewind, whatever.

Almost all SX races are live on Fox Sports 1, sometimes 2, and a couple on regular Fox such as Massachusetts.

For the past few years, they have posted the schedule and what channels each race will be shown on. What does that mean? Pay for whatever service provides Fox Sports 2 or do without.

Post a reply to: The Sport We Love

The Latest