"A Champions Responsebility"......

Zycki11
1/18/2010 10:40am
I agree with part of Ozzy's statement. The incident with Partridge is clearly overlooked. This situation MUST be addressed. Looking over while cutting into another riders line in mid air is the worst thing you can do. There is a past with Stewart cutting over in mid air. Slapping Reed was the dumbest move by the sanctioning body. They gave Reed a 25 point loss for bad fuel, as did they to Carmichael. Yet they get scared if he calls foul and take the penalty back. The AMA needs to step up and treat everyone equally. Stewart should not only be fined for his actions ON the track, but also have a points penalty. As for the off track actions, this was planned and thought about, meriting another fine. The statement Stewart put out is a complete lack of maturity. Pointing your finger at others and not manning up to your mistakes is very childish. Pathetic...
1/18/2010 11:20am
Ozzy wrote:
I'm a fan of both. Both guys are at the top of their game. Both guys are human too. Both have been multi time Champions. As...
I'm a fan of both.
Both guys are at the top of their game.
Both guys are human too.
Both have been multi time Champions.
As a Champion past or present your looked up to.
As a Champion past or present your held to a higher standard.
As a Champion, whether you've been an idiot before or not, your
supposed to know better. Your no rookie, good bad or otherwise.
The AMA's at fault here too.
Seems again they rushed into a call they had to take back.
Seems they're famous for shooting 1st then thinking later.
But props to them for at least realizing the error of their ways
& retracting Reed's stupidly given fine etc..........
Any with eyes even if you hate Reed can see he did no more then shove
James head off of his injured hand.
I see James side, but he's wrong......the emotions got to him big time.
& big time James is. Being a multi time Champion indoors & out over
his many years you become held to that higher standard.
It clearly goes with the territory he created for himself.
Being the #1 guy carries with it a "Champions Responsibility".........
His 1st infraction or not, the AMA acted wrongly & softly here.
To jump the gun & do what they did with Reed made me laugh.
To do what they didn't do to James made me laugh even louder.
James should have been hit with a minimum of a $25,000.00 fine.
James made the pre-meditated plan & proceed to act on it!
James Stewart, multi time Champion, crossed the line here!
James should have to apologize to ALL of the Factory Kawi team.
Maybe the way the AMA made J-Law do it at a time when All teams &
racers are present.
Just cause your a 1st time offender doesn't mean you can skate the
whole deal, especially if your the multi time Champion!
Where's the reasoning here people.................!

Dave O.Wink
Also, I hope Partridge is ok & doing well. That was narley, but just racing..........

I missed that one. Is there a link?
peelout719
1/18/2010 11:26am
Ozzy wrote:
I'm a fan of both. Both guys are at the top of their game. Both guys are human too. Both have been multi time Champions. As...
I'm a fan of both.
Both guys are human too.
racers are present.

Dave O.Wink
Also, I hope Partridge is ok & doing well. That was narley, but just racing..........

minidad160 wrote:
don't know, but if i remember correctly MC punted him over the first corner at the very next race
Zycki11
1/18/2010 11:39am
He also flicked Stewart off after he got up from being taken out. The next race at San Diego, MC punted James off the track. Stewart retaliated with natural charisma by punting Reed off the track and blaming him. Good job buddy.... Good job

The Shop

kroc
1/18/2010 4:38pm
Stewart has shown a repeating pattern of no concern for any other rider on the track besides his self. That is bullshit, he is amazing to watch ride, but he needs to grow up and be A MAN WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS. Remember the US open he ran it in on somebody ( i forget who it was ) and Stewart said it was racing. Ryan V. done the same thing to him and all of sudden somebody is trying to take Stewart out. I am sick of it. He needs to grow a set of balls and tell the truth.
1/18/2010 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:09pm
I love all this shit. Keep it going and Bubba will return to the great outdoors of MX. All Reed and Stewart did is race like they wanted to win the main event. Both made mistakes which is part of racing. Luck didn't go their way. Bring Bubba back to MX. We don't mind racers giving 100% effort.
1/18/2010 5:03pm
Someone forgot to tell Stewart that with the fame and money comes the hardest part of the job. The job of being an embassador of the sport that afforded you the opportunity to utilize your abilities to make your fortunes. His disorderly conduct reflects poorly on the companies that pay him money (nike,red bull, etc).
Even his fellow competitors like Josh Grant coment on his selfish attitudes towards other riders and all the injuries he has caused others.
As soon as anything happens to him though he freaks out and thinks the sport owes him an existence and that nobody should put him in harms way.
I was very disapointed that he quit motocross and will no longer represent our country at the MXoN but as time goes on I am glad he does not. The dignity and respect of a champion does not exist with in him to do so.
Overdrive
1/18/2010 5:06pm
Right on the money Ozzy but I don't think he read your post before he put out his statement on his sight. Its a shame he didn't.
jmar
1/18/2010 5:10pm
I love all this shit. Keep it going and Bubba will return to the great outdoors of MX. All Reed and Stewart did is race like...
I love all this shit. Keep it going and Bubba will return to the great outdoors of MX. All Reed and Stewart did is race like they wanted to win the main event. Both made mistakes which is part of racing. Luck didn't go their way. Bring Bubba back to MX. We don't mind racers giving 100% effort.
The Reed Stewart altercation was a non issue. The Stewart Partridge altercation was a continuance of reckless racing. This sport is dangerous enough as it is and we don't need to increase the risk due to someone that has little regard for others on the track.

BTW: I don't give two shits about what happen in the pits after the race. Whether it happen or not it's nothing more than childish behavor and it's not going to put anyone at risk of injury.
500guy
1/18/2010 5:15pm
I love all this shit. Keep it going and Bubba will return to the great outdoors of MX. All Reed and Stewart did is race like...
jmar wrote:
The Reed Stewart altercation was a non issue. The Stewart Partridge altercation was a continuance of reckless racing. This sport is dangerous enough as it is...
The Reed Stewart altercation was a non issue. The Stewart Partridge altercation was a continuance of reckless racing. This sport is dangerous enough as it is and we don't need to increase the risk due to someone that has little regard for others on the track.

BTW: I don't give two shits about what happen in the pits after the race. Whether it happen or not it's nothing more than childish behavor and it's not going to put anyone at risk of injury.
I agree Jim

Also kicking a guy's bike over while he's not around ? kind of like flipping someone the bird after you already turned the corner. ha ha
MX479Guy
1/18/2010 5:30pm
Im actually glad no one was around at the Kawasaki semi...it could have turned really bad.
500guy
1/18/2010 5:36pm
MX479Guy wrote:
Im actually glad no one was around at the Kawasaki semi...it could have turned really bad.
True that

I can't imagine it happening if I was Chads Mechanic I'd probably flip out.
MX479Guy
1/18/2010 5:40pm
MX479Guy wrote:
500guy wrote:
True that

I can't imagine it happening if I was Chads Mechanic I'd probably flip out.
Exactly. To me it's not about a set of handlebars or grips. It's the nerve that it took to walk past the barrier and then do something like that. Just not very professional, especially since all of these tops guys are sort of under a microscope already.

James seems to be figuring out that people aren't intimidated of him anymore and they are willing to race him for the win.
Motodave
1/18/2010 5:51pm
mr50racer wrote:
Let see how many people did take out... High profile ones that have been documented Hes taken out Mike Brown at glen helen Ricky at Unadilla...
Let see how many people did take out... High profile ones that have been documented

Hes taken out Mike Brown at glen helen
Ricky at Unadilla
Tedesco in cananda
byrne and half the field at daytona
Partride at phoenix
Preston at a supercross

and countless others... I don't think these are aggressive takeouts.......They are just plain out and out disregard for anybody else but himself.....He needs a fine for the Partride incident. He needs a fine for the Kawi rig deal. He says on his website that he is worried when Chad is behind him.....lol .........Everybody is worried when he is behind them///
"byrne and half the field at daytona "

U must be and old stupid fucking tool, Half the field at daytona. god ur a fucking idiot
`ol Ger
1/18/2010 6:46pm
mr50racer wrote:
Let see how many people did take out... High profile ones that have been documented Hes taken out Mike Brown at glen helen Ricky at Unadilla...
Let see how many people did take out... High profile ones that have been documented

Ricky at Unadilla
Tedesco in cananda
Partride at phoenix
Preston at a supercross

and countless others... I don't think these are aggressive takeouts.......They are just plain out and out disregard for anybody else but himself.....He needs a fine for the Partride incident. He needs a fine for the Kawi rig deal. He says on his website that he is worried when Chad is behind him.....lol .........Everybody is worried when he is behind them///
Langston in 2003
Sparkalounger
1/18/2010 7:05pm
lets compile these then...

Ricky at Unadilla
Tedesco in cananda
Partride at phoenix
Preston at a supercross
windham last year
Langston '03
the King

the thing is, to me it's not dirty or aggressive riding... most all of these are hair-brain, unprofessional, self-centered and ego based mistakes.

he needs to grow up.
KiNG DeJaVu
1/18/2010 8:49pm
mr50racer wrote:

Ricky at Unadilla
Tedesco in cananda
Partride at phoenix
Preston at a supercross

Motodave wrote:
"byrne and half the field at daytona "

U must be and old stupid fucking tool, Half the field at daytona. god ur a fucking idiot
he didnt take partridge out..kp took him out..not to mention chad reeds attempt to take him out in the main..ends up breaking his hand..he's out for most the season
1/18/2010 8:52pm
he didnt take partridge out..kp took him out..not to mention chad reeds attempt to take him out in the main..ends up breaking his hand..he's out for...
he didnt take partridge out..kp took him out..not to mention chad reeds attempt to take him out in the main..ends up breaking his hand..he's out for most the season
do you smoke crack? how did partridge take out stewart? Please watch the videos again then try that one again.
Friday
1/18/2010 9:46pm
It's really just sad that certain athletes can't just drop the ego for a moment and apologize when they screw up. They aren't fooling us into thinking they are perfect by hanging out with "Yes" men and spinning stuff every time they screw up. They are human and fallible and the sooner they acknowledge their mistakes,apologize,and make amends the sooner EVERYONE will move on.I just think that too many fans,managers,so called friends ,etc. are hanging on these guys nutz and not telling them to man up and admit their screw ups on and off the track.JMO of course.
MX479Guy
1/18/2010 10:01pm
lets compile these then... Hes taken out Mike Brown at glen helen Ricky at Unadilla Tedesco in cananda byrne and half the field at daytona Partride...
lets compile these then...

Ricky at Unadilla
Tedesco in cananda
Partride at phoenix
Preston at a supercross
windham last year
Langston '03
the King

the thing is, to me it's not dirty or aggressive riding... most all of these are hair-brain, unprofessional, self-centered and ego based mistakes.

he needs to grow up.
Add Reed to that list now. James landed on his hand and broke it.

James goes through the whoops then at the end he cuts left to set up the turn and reeds cuts tight and boom colision. Def not a takeout attempt but it did result in a broken hand for reed.
MX479Guy
1/18/2010 10:03pm
Friday wrote:
It's really just sad that certain athletes can't just drop the ego for a moment and apologize when they screw up. They aren't fooling us into...
It's really just sad that certain athletes can't just drop the ego for a moment and apologize when they screw up. They aren't fooling us into thinking they are perfect by hanging out with "Yes" men and spinning stuff every time they screw up. They are human and fallible and the sooner they acknowledge their mistakes,apologize,and make amends the sooner EVERYONE will move on.I just think that too many fans,managers,so called friends ,etc. are hanging on these guys nutz and not telling them to man up and admit their screw ups on and off the track.JMO of course.
Bingo... And it's possible why certain people are getting boo'd
AUS_Twisted
1/19/2010 3:27am
Ozzy wrote:
I'm a fan of both.
Both guys are human too.
racers are present.

Dave O.Wink

minidad160 wrote:
peelout719 wrote:
don't know, but if i remember correctly MC punted him over the first corner at the very next race
raddad
1/19/2010 5:05am
ahhh the memories all come back!
bigmaico
1/19/2010 6:22am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:09pm
Ozzy wrote:
I'm a fan of both.
Both guys are human too.
racers are present.

Dave O.Wink

Very well said Ozzy!

You have my vote for the AMA board, maybe you can teach those knuckle heads how to run a race program.

The more I watch James & chard the more I'm reminded why I like Ryan Dungy!
Mr. G
1/19/2010 8:02am
James is my favorite current rider. Few guys ride with as much heart as that guy but I must agree with Ozzy. After seeing the race, Chad didn't try to take him out, he closed the door. And certainly what James did was premeditated. He is still my favorite rider but you have to call a spade a spade. It must not be fun to have your every single move recorded and scrutinized for time immemorial.
Zycki11
1/19/2010 9:25am
Absolutely not Mr G, however they knowingly accept this as there fate. It is a tradeoff which many of them say wouldn't have it any other way. Nobody has ever questioned his ability to ride. You must respect that. The fans are upset with the way he is handling the situation and the lack of maturity. Anyway, it is beating a dead horse. The AMA however, seriously needs help. They are laughing stock.
Zycki11
1/19/2010 9:30am
*must not be fun to have the spot light on you...(Clarifying my agreement with you)

Post a reply to: "A Champions Responsebility"......

The Latest