A Big thanks to Fly/WPS

RJMX834
10/1/2017 7:47pm
you guys are top notch. Fly/WPS hosted their annual dealer appreciation event at Crow Canyon Track and Trail in Ohio today. Can't applaud them enough for the hospitality they have for their dealers, family and friends. Shows that they due truly care for the sport and want it to progress forward. I brought a few buddies and they were impressed with the entire event. Kudos, Proud to support Fly/WPS.
|
10/1/2017 8:21pm
WPS claims they dont have any online retailer like tucker rocky and parts unlimited do, but whats their relationship with Rocky Mountain??? A little suspicious
mikec265
10/1/2017 8:55pm
WPS claims they dont have any online retailer like tucker rocky and parts unlimited do, but whats their relationship with Rocky Mountain??? A little suspicious
for some reason my new Pirelli mx32s I put on tonight had wps stickers on them. bought from rocky mountain...
10/2/2017 6:03pm
mikec265 wrote:
for some reason my new Pirelli mx32s I put on tonight had wps stickers on them. bought from rocky mountain...
That would be because WPS is a distributor for Pirelli tires, so the WPS sticker is applied when the tires gets to the warehouse for inventory tracking purposes. The sticker does not indicate an exclusive relationship between WPS and Rocky Mountain. For what it's worth, WPS also distributes products to Motosport.com and BTO and you will most likely find the same WPS sticker on a WPS distributed tire that is purchased form either of them.
tiddlermx23
10/2/2017 6:15pm
I was there as well and always a good time.

The Shop

49weasel
10/2/2017 6:28pm
I don’t understand why they don’t have that event at a different track. Beans is 15 mins away and way better.
RJMX834
10/2/2017 6:31pm
I was there as well and always a good time.
indeed, they take care of the people that take care of them. I'll always support them
RJMX834
10/2/2017 6:33pm
49weasel wrote:
I don’t understand why they don’t have that event at a different track. Beans is 15 mins away and way better.
I believe they have it at Crow Canyon because it caters to all 3 disciplines of off-road vehicles: dirt bikes, atvs, and sxs. Also because it has the available options of Motocross and Woods riding. Which, Beans does not have. I like both locations, for different reasons.
10/2/2017 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 8:49pm
I have a feeling that they unload unsold product to Rocky Mtn for chump change, then Rocky mtn lists it online. My point being is that the 3 main distributors that dealers have supported forever, are stabbing the dealers in the back now by selling stuff to online retailers for cheaper prices than dealers can get product for. WPS isnt AS bad as TR or PU thats true
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
10/3/2017 10:17am
The Wal-mart of riding gear companies.
Zaugg
10/3/2017 10:33am
Maybe if dealers would actually stock product, the distributors wouldn't have to sell their backstock to online retailers.

Dealers need to get their head out of their ass. Besides, nothing is stopping them from creating an online entity.

The dealers that are killing it, have figured it out and the folks at WPS have really stepped up their game. Good for them.

twotwosix
10/3/2017 10:35am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2017 10:35am
I have a feeling that they unload unsold product to Rocky Mtn for chump change, then Rocky mtn lists it online. My point being is that...
I have a feeling that they unload unsold product to Rocky Mtn for chump change, then Rocky mtn lists it online. My point being is that the 3 main distributors that dealers have supported forever, are stabbing the dealers in the back now by selling stuff to online retailers for cheaper prices than dealers can get product for. WPS isnt AS bad as TR or PU thats true
C'mon man... That simply is not true.

It's all about volume. Every WPS/PU/TR/MTA/AUTO dealership has teirs and the more you buy/sell, the better your product pricing and shipping rates get. This is the same for all accounts. Every WPS dealer gets the Friday Specials and they all get access to the Sale gear/parts when it goes out of season.

You make it sound like an online retailer and a dealer are two different things. They aren't. We all have have the same style account with the distributors. There are National accounts that get special attention due to sheer volume, but that list is very short and it is a mix of dealerships who sell bikes as well as big online retailers. There are OEM bike shops who are on National accounts.

You sell more product, you get to buy it cheaper from your distributor. That's how it goes man.
Jt$
10/3/2017 11:28am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2017 11:41am
motokiwi wrote:
The Wal-mart of riding gear companies.
Please explain this analogy. Since I happen to work here and surprisingly also have a working knowledge of Wal-Mart's business model, I would love to know your take on how the two are even close to the same. It's not the first time I have noticed a shot from you and I would love to know more about why you feel this way.
Jt$
10/3/2017 11:29am
WPS is a wholesale company. We don't sell retail nor own any retail outlet.

Post a reply to: A Big thanks to Fly/WPS

The Latest