$8499.00

Rupert X
6/29/2010 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 10:20pm
|
newmann
6/29/2010 3:09pm
Post up the MSRP's of all the old unchanged rehashed Japanese junk while you are at it Rupert. I agree that is some serious coin for a dirtbike, and being a 4 stroke I'm not really interested in the first place. But if I was, the KTM would be at or near the top of my list. Good quality components throughout. Plus, if they don't sell, the price will go down. We learned that with all the old unchanged rehashed Japanese junk cluttering the dealer showrooms preventing manufacturers from even bringing in current year model inventory. At least KTM is putting forth an effort for the off road and mx market while the Big 4 sit there with their thumbs up their asses.
newmann
6/29/2010 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2010 3:13pm
2011 KX450F MSRP $8149.00
With no e-start or juice clutch.
JP
6/29/2010 3:33pm
newmann wrote:
Post up the MSRP's of all the old unchanged rehashed Japanese junk while you are at it Rupert. I agree that is some serious coin for...
Post up the MSRP's of all the old unchanged rehashed Japanese junk while you are at it Rupert. I agree that is some serious coin for a dirtbike, and being a 4 stroke I'm not really interested in the first place. But if I was, the KTM would be at or near the top of my list. Good quality components throughout. Plus, if they don't sell, the price will go down. We learned that with all the old unchanged rehashed Japanese junk cluttering the dealer showrooms preventing manufacturers from even bringing in current year model inventory. At least KTM is putting forth an effort for the off road and mx market while the Big 4 sit there with their thumbs up their asses.
I can only imagine what your response would have been if he said anything bad about them, geez dude, pack one.

The Shop

TeamGreen
6/29/2010 3:43pm
Yes, that new Katoom will set'cha back over $9000 by the time you take it home (Especially out here in Cali).

On the other-hand...Brand New 2009 CRF450R: $5999 Out the Door

You can get the same kind of deal on other '09s...or better on '08s...I'm seein' '08 YZF450s for under $4k...
TeamGreen
6/29/2010 3:44pm
Btw, the sky is falling...
newmann
6/29/2010 3:52pm
JP wrote:
I can only imagine what your response would have been if he said anything bad about them, geez dude, pack one.
Not sure what you mean, I actually agree with Rupert that they are overpriced. My point is that they are all overpriced to the point people are no longer buying them. Ask in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up the fastest. Like Team Green stated. Japanese are asking 8 grand and are getting 4 and 5. If no one pays the ridiculous price for the KTM, they will eventually be less expensive too. There will always be those who have to have the first one regardless of price. I did that back in 01 with a YZ250F and again in 04 with a CRF250. Straight up retail.
Ing
6/29/2010 4:02pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes, that new Katoom will set'cha back over $9000 by the time you take it home (Especially out here in Cali). On the other-hand...Brand New 2009...
Yes, that new Katoom will set'cha back over $9000 by the time you take it home (Especially out here in Cali).

You can get the same kind of deal on other '09s...or better on '08s...I'm seein' '08 YZF450s for under $4k...
Along the same lines, I saw a 2000 250 Suzuki for $2K. So I see what you mean by the above post. Older bikes-cheaper. Got it.
TeamGreen
6/29/2010 4:09pm
JP wrote:
newmann wrote:
Not sure what you mean, I actually agree with Rupert that they are overpriced. My point is that they are all overpriced to the point people...
Not sure what you mean, I actually agree with Rupert that they are overpriced. My point is that they are all overpriced to the point people are no longer buying them. Ask in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up the fastest. Like Team Green stated. Japanese are asking 8 grand and are getting 4 and 5. If no one pays the ridiculous price for the KTM, they will eventually be less expensive too. There will always be those who have to have the first one regardless of price. I did that back in 01 with a YZ250F and again in 04 with a CRF250. Straight up retail.
newmann, you Idiot!

Your post is completely sub-std and not acceptable.

Your failures are:

Complete lack of personal attack(s)
Complete lack of Bitterness/Hatred
Complete over-use of Facts/Truth/Wisdom

I'm suggesting to Gibby, effective-immediately, that you join the ranks of Huck!

Or...you may choose to be banished to a Super Combat Wombat and be allowed to ride Only It for the next full-year...

Box Stock...with NO SPARES!

That is all.

Signed,

Mr. Know-It-All's Committee of Secret Moto-Police

* The Committee reserves the right to substitute a Monarch, Rickman-DKW or Zundapp...or...sadly...even a Carabella as needed due to the inability to steal the proper Hodaka.
TeamGreen
6/29/2010 4:11pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes, that new Katoom will set'cha back over $9000 by the time you take it home (Especially out here in Cali). On the other-hand...Brand New 2009...

Ing wrote:
Along the same lines, I saw a 2000 250 Suzuki for $2K. So I see what you mean by the above post. Older bikes-cheaper. Got it.
Actually...

New 'Late-Model' competitive bikes is what I'm talkin' about...

The Honda 450 in question is "current".
ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
6/29/2010 4:12pm
Older used bike prices are creeping up because not many people are wanting to buy a 8 or 9 grand MX bike. So if you're selling a used bike when people are buying, you'd be stupid not to raise the price a bit. Same as the dealers do with a hot item.
Faceaz
6/29/2010 4:14pm
Man, bikes are getting expensive. All of them, not just KTM.

I saw the MSRP for the KXF250 was released around $8,200.

Unless your one of those guys that "has to have the latest / greatest", I'd get a left over 08 or 09.
ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
6/29/2010 4:22pm
Cheaper to leave the dirt for the street. Damn shame they are pricing themselves out of sales.
KGAspeed
6/29/2010 4:29pm
ky_savage wrote:
Older used bike prices are creeping up because not many people are wanting to buy a 8 or 9 grand MX bike. So if you're selling...
Older used bike prices are creeping up because not many people are wanting to buy a 8 or 9 grand MX bike. So if you're selling a used bike when people are buying, you'd be stupid not to raise the price a bit. Same as the dealers do with a hot item.
I disagree.

I've been watching the local classifieds, and 4 strokes are a dime a dozen. I saw a clean '08 RMZ450 for $3000 and I think it is still up for sale (weeks later). Tons of '09 450s for 4K or so.

It all seems similar to the housing market crash.....the market has been flooded with 4 strokes and who wants to buy a used one? i don't want one period, but definitely not a used one.

I'm planning on getting a 2011 KTM 300 XC, and MSRP on that is ridiculous ($8199). But resale is great and I'll sell it in minutes when I'm ready.

Slow
6/29/2010 4:30pm
That bike from China is looking good!Silly
6/29/2010 4:34pm
ky_savage wrote:
Older used bike prices are creeping up because not many people are wanting to buy a 8 or 9 grand MX bike. So if you're selling...
Who is paying 8 or 9K? Please give me their names and numbers because I have all kinds of shit I will sell them.
ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
6/29/2010 4:45pm
ky_savage wrote:
KGAspeed wrote:
I disagree. I've been watching the local classifieds, and 4 strokes are a dime a dozen. I saw a clean '08 RMZ450 for $3000 and I...
I disagree.

I've been watching the local classifieds, and 4 strokes are a dime a dozen. I saw a clean '08 RMZ450 for $3000 and I think it is still up for sale (weeks later). Tons of '09 450s for 4K or so.

It all seems similar to the housing market crash.....the market has been flooded with 4 strokes and who wants to buy a used one? i don't want one period, but definitely not a used one.

I'm planning on getting a 2011 KTM 300 XC, and MSRP on that is ridiculous ($8199). But resale is great and I'll sell it in minutes when I'm ready.

I should have been more clear. Older 2 strokes are.
And nobody pays 8-9K or at least they shouldn't. Sorry for that comment also.
KGAspeed
6/29/2010 4:50pm
ky_savage wrote:
KGAspeed wrote:
I disagree. I've been watching the local classifieds, and 4 strokes are a dime a dozen. I saw a clean '08 RMZ450 for $3000 and I...
I disagree.

ky_savage wrote:
I should have been more clear. Older 2 strokes are.
And nobody pays 8-9K or at least they shouldn't. Sorry for that comment also.
Ah - yep you're right. YZ 250s are doing pretty well (2 strokes). And like I said, KTM 2-strokes have excellent resale.

As far as paying MSRP - it all depends on where you live. It's not a matter of being "a moron". I've never paid MSRP, but I have a couple friends that own dealerships.

Try walking into any dealer in California, Vegas or any other major area in the west and hold out your hand for a "deal". Good luck with that.

6/29/2010 5:31pm
newmann wrote:
Post up the MSRP's of all the old unchanged rehashed Japanese junk while you are at it Rupert. I agree that is some serious coin for...
how is the ktm that much better than the unchanged rehashed japanese junk?
because they finally made a new bike?
newmann
6/29/2010 6:02pm
newmann wrote:
Didn't say it was that much better did I? But at least I have you agreeing with me about the unchanged rehashed Japanese junk. Simply put, I like dirt bikes. While Honda has dropped the CR85, CR125, CR250 , Yamaha dropped the minibikes, Suzuki dropped the RM125 and 250 and didn't bring in 2010 models even for the mags to test, Kawasaki dropped the KX125 and 250. KTM on the other hand makes a complete lineup of 50cc bikes from beginner to racer, a killer 65, 85, 105, 150 and 250 cc 2 stroke modern updated motocross bikes, a complete lineup of 4 stroke motocrossers in 250 ,350, 450 and larger, off road 2 stroke and 4 strokes in all sizes, supermoto, dual sports.......the list goes on. They have something moto for everyone and they are constantly updating and changing things to make them better while the Japanese are doing little or nothing.
JB 19
6/29/2010 6:12pm
Just got back from riding my 06 CR 250 that I have 2000$ rapped up in. I'm guessing my smile while riding would not be bigger if I paid 8500$ for a new bike.

I never was one to pay big bucks for the newest toy out.
ATKpilot99
6/29/2010 6:14pm
newmann wrote:
newmann wrote:
Didn't say it was that much better did I? But at least I have you agreeing with me about the unchanged rehashed Japanese junk. Simply put...
Didn't say it was that much better did I? But at least I have you agreeing with me about the unchanged rehashed Japanese junk. Simply put, I like dirt bikes. While Honda has dropped the CR85, CR125, CR250 , Yamaha dropped the minibikes, Suzuki dropped the RM125 and 250 and didn't bring in 2010 models even for the mags to test, Kawasaki dropped the KX125 and 250. KTM on the other hand makes a complete lineup of 50cc bikes from beginner to racer, a killer 65, 85, 105, 150 and 250 cc 2 stroke modern updated motocross bikes, a complete lineup of 4 stroke motocrossers in 250 ,350, 450 and larger, off road 2 stroke and 4 strokes in all sizes, supermoto, dual sports.......the list goes on. They have something moto for everyone and they are constantly updating and changing things to make them better while the Japanese are doing little or nothing.
Thats true. But motorcycles are all KTM does . Dirt bikes are only a small piece of the pie for those Japanese corporations so its amazing they upgrade them at all in this economic climate.
ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
6/29/2010 6:40pm
Until the Japanese man's update their bikes with a new 2 stroke engine and frame, they will never get my hard earned cash again.
86honda
6/29/2010 8:02pm
whats the msrp on the 150? anybody know?
Chili
6/29/2010 9:11pm
$9799 Canadian MSRP, 2012 will likely be the year they top 10k.
Racer111
6/29/2010 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2010 9:30pm
newmann wrote:
Do you really have any evidence or actual pictures with all the Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki company personnel sitting around with their thumbs up their asses? I am calling BS on this one! Tongue

As they say, pics or it didn't happen. I agree KTM is stepping up their game and actually the only company that is trying to cater to everyone from 2 Stroke lovers to everything a 4 stroke lover could ever want, but dude, come up for air!
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
6/29/2010 10:23pm
I am pretty much a dirt bike whore. Have owned over 50 bikes since I was a kid (1980 first 80).

In the last decade I have owned 3 Honda 450F's, 1 Honda 450X, 1 Honda 250F, and 2 Yamaha 250F's. I don't count the XR600 because that was kind of embarrassing (but fun at the same time).

Last year I bought a clean used 06 RM250. Love it, even though I rarely get to ride it. Would not sell it for any price (just kidding about that part- but it would be a really high price).

Last Sunday, I went and bought a used 08 KTM 450 XCW. It is like a work of art, the attention to detail and finish is amazing. Kind of reminds me of what the "Big 4" used to make, except now they just keep giving us new graphics and wondering why they do not sell as many as during the "good old days"?

KTM is on the right track in so many ways, the other manufacturers better start paying attention.
jeffro503
6/29/2010 10:36pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2010 10:36pm
JP wrote:
newmann wrote:
Not sure what you mean, I actually agree with Rupert that they are overpriced. My point is that they are all overpriced to the point people...
TeamGreen wrote:
newmann, you Idiot! Your post is completely sub-std and not acceptable. Your failures are: Complete lack of personal attack(s) Complete lack of Bitterness/Hatred Complete over-use of...
newmann, you Idiot!

Your post is completely sub-std and not acceptable.

Your failures are:

Complete lack of personal attack(s)
Complete lack of Bitterness/Hatred
Complete over-use of Facts/Truth/Wisdom

I'm suggesting to Gibby, effective-immediately, that you join the ranks of Huck!

Or...you may choose to be banished to a Super Combat Wombat and be allowed to ride Only It for the next full-year...

Box Stock...with NO SPARES!

That is all.

Signed,

Mr. Know-It-All's Committee of Secret Moto-Police

* The Committee reserves the right to substitute a Monarch, Rickman-DKW or Zundapp...or...sadly...even a Carabella as needed due to the inability to steal the proper Hodaka.
You tell em' TG!! How dare Newman come in speaking "logical" crap! This is NOT the place to bring facts......And least of all....being nice while you do it! I'm appalled! I'm going back to the AOL chat boards.

Post a reply to: $8499.00

The Latest