$80 to camp at Redbud. WOW

JK105
Edited Date/Time 7/5/2012 7:28pm
Driving up to go to Redbud Friday night to watch some amateur racing, and then of course to stay and camp for the national Saturday. Went on their site and just amazed that its $80 dollars to park a small VW gti and set up a tent to camp. Not to mention the $55 a piece for Friday night / Saturday pass. So for my buddy and self to go is $190, and that's just getting you in not counting food / beer! All I can say is wow... Your thoughts?
|
dirtnapper
7/3/2012 3:11pm
Whistling So its not only in Northern Alberta where they screw you for wanting to camp on a moto weekend!

I agree OP, it really sucks. ( although not quite as bad here, but still........)
ATKpilot99
7/3/2012 3:15pm
Unless you plan on getting fall down drunk, it's better to pay a little more and stay in an air conditioned motel imo.
7/3/2012 3:16pm
Priced out the finale at Lake Elsinore and was also bummed about how pricey tickets are. It's cheaper to go to a supercross by far-

The Shop

bartoner
7/3/2012 3:21pm
Priced out the finale at Lake Elsinore and was also bummed about how pricey tickets are. It's cheaper to go to a supercross by far-
Yup! Elsinore was $150 to camp, $40 each standard ticket for my wife and I....thats $230 bucks and I havent even got there yet...although I do live about a 12 minute drive from the track....the camping just makes it fun....
TeamGreen
7/3/2012 3:43pm
What does it cost to go to an NFL event for 3 hours...including parking...?

What does it cost to go to a NASCAR event?

Ever gone to an FIM event?

It costs money to put these events on.

Why does EVERYONE expect this shit to cost little or nothing?
DL
7/3/2012 3:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
What does it cost to go to an NFL event for 3 hours...including parking...? What does it cost to go to a NASCAR event? Ever gone...

Could not agree more. It cost money to put the race on.
sharkey
7/3/2012 3:52pm
TeamGreen wrote:
What does it cost to go to an NFL event for 3 hours...including parking...? What does it cost to go to a NASCAR event? Ever gone...

they dont but some of the stuff is rediculous.example. last year my son and i drove to the track after work to meet some buddies and stay with themfriday night.the guys at the gate wanted me topay $50 at midnight to come in but 6hrs later its free.. thats dumb. i mean really thats 5bucks more than my ticket for one night
peelout
7/3/2012 3:56pm
TeamGreen wrote:

some of us live a champagne lifestyle on a beer budget, bro
motomike137
7/3/2012 4:01pm
It is definitely not a cheap proposition that's for sure. My budget took a little hit recently so I changed my plan. I was going to go for Wed thru Sat and race the amateur races and stay in my new little camper trailer but decided I will just go for the day and spend the extra cash on riding d14 and bike improvements. Red Bud is the showpiece race and they will probably survive just fine without me spending an extra few hundred dollars.
TeamGreen
7/3/2012 4:05pm
It is definitely not a cheap proposition that's for sure. My budget took a little hit recently so I changed my plan. I was going to...
It is definitely not a cheap proposition that's for sure. My budget took a little hit recently so I changed my plan. I was going to go for Wed thru Sat and race the amateur races and stay in my new little camper trailer but decided I will just go for the day and spend the extra cash on riding d14 and bike improvements. Red Bud is the showpiece race and they will probably survive just fine without me spending an extra few hundred dollars.
Someone get's it...

Do what you can afford and RIDE as much as you can!

Nice.
fader418
7/3/2012 4:06pm
Yeah well at least the riders get some of that money hahahahaha
jndmx
7/3/2012 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2012 5:12pm
I don't know if some of you folks are aware of this or not but;

The hundreds of extra workers.....they cost money.
The permits from the town........they cost money
The extra fencing and security........they cost money.
Advertising the event........money
A couple hundred porta cans........money.
Police on the entrance roads........money.
The landscaping and clean up to meet the promoter specs........money

Shall I continue?

The folks that own Red Bud aren't getting rich off this one event.
motogrady
7/3/2012 5:26pm
A couple of years ago the americans got into a bidding war with the euros for control of the series
many complaind the us series was a bush league, looked like one and was ran like one even roger decoster
complained budds was a garbage dump or something to that effect so when we won coombs went on a spruce it up
campain or so it seems and has been making the events look like f1 or the olympics to appease those that
bitched hell glen helen was a casualty of the movement when they wouldn't man up to what the masses
demanded this and the fact that a 16oc coke now costs $1.59 and a gallon of milk 4 bucks, well,what does everyone expect?
500guy
7/3/2012 5:44pm
They will charge more until people don't come, if they sell most of the camping they are okay. if they don't maybe they will change.

it really does boil down to supply and demand.
BobbyM
7/3/2012 6:11pm
most of the cost is to cover the medical insurance...at red bud yer gonna need it. Smile
Ing
7/3/2012 6:14pm
Couldn't pay me $80 to try to sleep at the track.
agency399
7/3/2012 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2012 6:43pm
Watching the best motocross racers in the world.......priceless. Someday I will make it to reeeeed buuuuuuudddddd!!!!!
stillwelding
7/3/2012 7:45pm
500guy wrote:
They will charge more until people don't come, if they sell most of the camping they are okay. if they don't maybe they will change. it...
They will charge more until people don't come, if they sell most of the camping they are okay. if they don't maybe they will change.

it really does boil down to supply and demand.
Bingo!
sc961
7/3/2012 9:02pm
jndmx wrote:
I don't know if some of you folks are aware of this or not but; The hundreds of extra workers.....they cost money. The permits from the...

Shall I continue?

And one big ole sanction fee..

Now let's see if there is rain in the forecast, and 10,000 people decide not to come because there is bad weather on the channel 5 news..
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/3/2012 10:53pm
Just out of curiousity, what would you consider a fair price?
72kiteboarder
7/3/2012 11:04pm
GuyB wrote:
Just out of curiousity, what would you consider a fair price?
Free would be good. Barring that, How about the same price as a State park on a Holiday weekend where there is no National Motocross race.Woohoo
MotoX85
7/4/2012 12:49am
jndmx wrote:
I don't know if some of you folks are aware of this or not but; The hundreds of extra workers.....they cost money. The permits from the...

Shall I continue?

Yes they are, spoke to Amy Ritchie last year and she said they were doing fine. Although she was not happy about the PA wire being cut.

After last year of running the sewer truck, water truck, trash collectors down the road cause they wanted to skim off their profits so they all packed up and left and left the campers with no services for 5 days (remember Fros comment on the podium, "this is the first shower these people have had in 5 days", he wasn;t lying) we will not be returning to camp or race at Red Bud after going to this race for the last 5 years.

A fair price Guy B, how about last years price with a 3% raise for inflation, although my paycheck didn;t get that same annual raise. That price is double what it was last year. 100% inflation, wow!

I am sure they are raising their prices to make up for the families they ran off last year. NONE of the people we use to go with or know say they are returning this year. That's about 10 families. Thats a several thousand dollar loss

4th of July weekend at the MX track, I can;t think of a better time to get shit faced drunk and howl at the moon, but this race has gotten out of hand and it is just not our cup of tea anymore and really no place to bring a family unless you are gonna leave every night and return the next day.

Just my $.02
tns
7/4/2012 2:09am
TeamGreen wrote:

FIM world motocross round in england the ticket for the whole weekend including camping for 2 adults and 2 kids is £188
thats what about $280 so you get 4 days for $70 each thats not to bad when you think of the price of a day at at a waterpark or zoo.shit even the cinema costs that over here
KP#36
7/4/2012 4:11am
TeamGreen wrote:

tns wrote:
FIM world motocross round in england the ticket for the whole weekend including camping for 2 adults and 2 kids is £188 thats what about $280...
FIM world motocross round in england the ticket for the whole weekend including camping for 2 adults and 2 kids is £188
thats what about $280 so you get 4 days for $70 each thats not to bad when you think of the price of a day at at a waterpark or zoo.shit even the cinema costs that over here
Even better, the last GP in germany.

A weekend pass is 50 euro's for adults and 5 euro for kids below the adge of 12. And camping is 15 euro's a night. So with 2 adults and two kids for a two day's of racing is 150 euro's. That's about 200 dollars.
jndmx
7/4/2012 4:17am
MotoX85 wrote:
Yes they are, spoke to Amy Ritchie last year and she said they were doing fine. Although she was not happy about the PA wire being...
Yes they are, spoke to Amy Ritchie last year and she said they were doing fine. Although she was not happy about the PA wire being cut.

After last year of running the sewer truck, water truck, trash collectors down the road cause they wanted to skim off their profits so they all packed up and left and left the campers with no services for 5 days (remember Fros comment on the podium, "this is the first shower these people have had in 5 days", he wasn;t lying) we will not be returning to camp or race at Red Bud after going to this race for the last 5 years.

A fair price Guy B, how about last years price with a 3% raise for inflation, although my paycheck didn;t get that same annual raise. That price is double what it was last year. 100% inflation, wow!

I am sure they are raising their prices to make up for the families they ran off last year. NONE of the people we use to go with or know say they are returning this year. That's about 10 families. Thats a several thousand dollar loss

4th of July weekend at the MX track, I can;t think of a better time to get shit faced drunk and howl at the moon, but this race has gotten out of hand and it is just not our cup of tea anymore and really no place to bring a family unless you are gonna leave every night and return the next day.

Just my $.02
"Doing fine"......and getting rich are miles apart.

I'm doing fine right now and I assure you that is nothing like getting rich.
tns
7/4/2012 5:31am
TeamGreen wrote:

tns wrote:
FIM world motocross round in england the ticket for the whole weekend including camping for 2 adults and 2 kids is £188 thats what about $280...
KP#36 wrote:
Even better, the last GP in germany. A weekend pass is 50 euro's for adults and 5 euro for kids below the adge of 12. And...
Even better, the last GP in germany.

A weekend pass is 50 euro's for adults and 5 euro for kids below the adge of 12. And camping is 15 euro's a night. So with 2 adults and two kids for a two day's of racing is 150 euro's. That's about 200 dollars.
how do you work that $200 for 2 days is better than 4 days for $280, hopefully england will be dry and sunny and we will get to see some great racing as its not one of loungo's typical sx type tracks
KP#36
7/4/2012 5:42am
Because it is only two days of pro racing there. If you check the price's for the two amature days the are only 40 pounds for a 2+2. So it isn't fare to compare it that way. If you only look at the two days of pro racing than it's in germany even cheaper
ayearinmx
7/4/2012 6:04am
tns wrote:
how do you work that $200 for 2 days is better than 4 days for $280, hopefully england will be dry and sunny and we will...
how do you work that $200 for 2 days is better than 4 days for $280, hopefully england will be dry and sunny and we will get to see some great racing as its not one of loungo's typical sx type tracks
typical SX tracks? There are a lot of things which can be levelled at the GP series, but track diversity is certainly NOT a problem...

There are 16 rounds of the series and perhaps only Beto Carrero can be considered "SX"... but then that's in probably the best motocross facility on the planet so...

With tracks like Fermo, Sevlievo, Uddevalla, St Jean, Loket, Matterley, Faenza, Teutschenthal all being on hillsides/valleys and Lierop / Valkenswaard being sand... this whole SX-track argument is about 3 years old because we're not going to Turkey, Ireland or Donington any more

Post a reply to: $80 to camp at Redbud. WOW

The Latest