6 photo sequence of Reed's pass

DCL36
2/26/2011 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 11:40pm

|
2/26/2011 9:47pm
Reed had the lead but James didn't knowityetalloveragain.

Now there is gonna be some shit .... for everyone.

The season just got started.
40Plus_922mx
2/26/2011 9:49pm
Great pics. Great effort on both. Gonna just get better. Best season since forever.
skidsteer16
2/26/2011 9:49pm
That sequence does not show how far Reed was behind James entering the turn. Watch the video.
2/26/2011 9:51pm
Now let's see 6 frames of Bubba's pass half lap before.

The Shop

rgmx-49
2/26/2011 9:51pm
That sequence does not show how far Reed was behind James entering the turn. Watch the video.
doesn't matter how far behind he was, he crossed the finish line in front of him and that what counts.
Grieby54
2/26/2011 9:53pm
I'm just wondering at what point Chad was planning on actually turning. I was a bigger Reed fan coming into this season than I'd ever been before, but between that blatant takeout and his "James was riding me aggressive" crap on the podium, I'm starting to second guess that. Ricky himself said that James was playing nice. James's pass was textbook block pass. Bar to bar going into the corner, the guy on the inside gets the spot. Reed's "pass" was absolutely retarded. He came clear across the track from at least 4 bike lengths back and was going perpendicular to the flow of the track.
2/26/2011 9:53pm
Great sequence!

RACING INCIDENT!..........failed block pass....Smile

lets get on with the rest of what has been /is a great SX season!
DCL36
2/26/2011 9:55pm
What does that have to do with anything? This was the last lap of the main by the time james dumps the clutch and pivots reeds got the line blocked, James choked its black and white in the photos, he opened the door so wide a semi could drive through it then pinned it right into Reed.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
2/26/2011 9:57pm
Grieby54 wrote:
I'm just wondering at what point Chad was planning on actually turning. I was a bigger Reed fan coming into this season than I'd ever been...
I'm just wondering at what point Chad was planning on actually turning. I was a bigger Reed fan coming into this season than I'd ever been before, but between that blatant takeout and his "James was riding me aggressive" crap on the podium, I'm starting to second guess that. Ricky himself said that James was playing nice. James's pass was textbook block pass. Bar to bar going into the corner, the guy on the inside gets the spot. Reed's "pass" was absolutely retarded. He came clear across the track from at least 4 bike lengths back and was going perpendicular to the flow of the track.
Did you notice the roost off of James' tire that never went away until he made contact with Reed. James' could have slammed on the brakes and made another pass on the last lap. He didnt even look up to see, or he just didnt care that Reed was there. Racing incident, and GREAT RACE!
2/26/2011 9:58pm
I remember saying after last week that James and Chad were only friends on the podium because it was so early in the season and to just wait. Didn't have to wait long. Cool
Grieby54
2/26/2011 10:01pm
mx510 wrote:
Did you notice the roost off of James' tire that never went away until he made contact with Reed. James' could have slammed on the brakes...
Did you notice the roost off of James' tire that never went away until he made contact with Reed. James' could have slammed on the brakes and made another pass on the last lap. He didnt even look up to see, or he just didnt care that Reed was there. Racing incident, and GREAT RACE!
Slow-mo the replay. James gets off the gas the second that he notices Reed is going the wrong way on the track. He didn't expect Reed to be there because Chad wasn't close enough to make a real pass.
2/26/2011 10:02pm
rgmx-49 wrote:
doesn't matter how far behind he was, he crossed the finish line in front of him and that what counts.
only one problem with your logic, Reed lost 2 points in doing so, crashing while in 2nd. But points smoints...
6555 Katella
2/26/2011 10:08pm
I think the only thing to surmise is that 22 put an aggressive move on 7. Reminds me of Damon Bradshaw and Jeff Matiasevich. What will become this? We can only speculate. Was it a racing incident? Yes. Was it safe? No. Will the AMA be looking at this? Certainly. Should be an interesting week.
2/26/2011 10:08pm
mx510 wrote:
Did you notice the roost off of James' tire that never went away until he made contact with Reed. James' could have slammed on the brakes...
Grieby54 wrote:
Slow-mo the replay. James gets off the gas the second that he notices Reed is going the wrong way on the track. He didn't expect Reed...
Slow-mo the replay. James gets off the gas the second that he notices Reed is going the wrong way on the track. He didn't expect Reed to be there because Chad wasn't close enough to make a real pass.
Bingo...Reed is going the wrong way...right towards the front row, all the way up to the tuf blocks, and 510, bikes don't go from 20 mph to 0 in 2 feet, even with factory brakes.
skidsteer16
2/26/2011 10:10pm
Grieby54 wrote:
I'm just wondering at what point Chad was planning on actually turning. I was a bigger Reed fan coming into this season than I'd ever been...
x 22 Wink
Fat Fingers
2/26/2011 10:16pm
mx510 wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
Slow-mo the replay. James gets off the gas the second that he notices Reed is going the wrong way on the track. He didn't expect Reed...
Bollocks. You can clearly see that JS shuts the throttle at the exact point in time he hits CRs bike. Watch it again.
DCL36
2/26/2011 10:19pm
By the time James made his pivot Reed was visible, James made a decision to pin it and run for the outside hoping Reed would leave him enough room but Reed went for the block then he pivots at the last second then but gets cleaned out by stewart whos shooting for an opening thats not there. Basically you have a game of chicken on the last lap of the main where neither of them gave.

chillrich
2/26/2011 10:28pm
DCL36 wrote:
By the time James made his pivot Reed was visible, James made a decision to pin it and run for the outside hoping Reed would leave...
By the time James made his pivot Reed was visible, James made a decision to pin it and run for the outside hoping Reed would leave him enough room but Reed went for the block then he pivots at the last second then but gets cleaned out by stewart whos shooting for an opening thats not there. Basically you have a game of chicken on the last lap of the main where neither of them gave.

If Stewey hadn't given up the inside this wouldn't have happened.
This was a great race to watch.
Grieby54
2/26/2011 10:31pm
There was no inside line! Chad cut straight across the track and forced an issue that had no positive outcome. I would have called it a super aggressive pass if he ha been able to stay up, but he just cleaned them both out.
CamP
2/26/2011 10:33pm
James made a rookie mistake. He was looking 6 feet in front of his front tire instead of looking up track. If he would have been looking up track, he could have checked up in time to miss Reed and passed him back on the inside.
Grieby54
2/26/2011 10:36pm
CamP wrote:
James made a rookie mistake. He was looking 6 feet in front of his front tire instead of looking up track. If he would have been...
James made a rookie mistake. He was looking 6 feet in front of his front tire instead of looking up track. If he would have been looking up track, he could have checked up in time to miss Reed and passed him back on the inside.
Maybe you should be his riding coach then since you know ways to help James Stewart win races.
CamP
2/26/2011 10:37pm
CamP wrote:
James made a rookie mistake. He was looking 6 feet in front of his front tire instead of looking up track. If he would have been...
Grieby54 wrote:
Maybe you should be his riding coach then since you know ways to help James Stewart win races.
Maybe so....
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
2/26/2011 10:39pm
It was a blatant "We're both going in an only one (or none) is coming out". Beyotch!
race
2/26/2011 10:40pm
DCL36 wrote:
By the time James made his pivot Reed was visible, James made a decision to pin it and run for the outside hoping Reed would leave...

That's the real BINGO here. They both gambled and both went down.

Reed was a little late setting up the block ... and Stewart made no attempt to avoid the hit. This would be no big deal if it was in an LCQ. Well, the last lap of the Main is pretty much the same thing.

Not sure why JS wasn't a little more savvy here, both in being ready for a last lap response from Reed ... and maybe switching his lines up to go around any block attempt. We've seen him try the "just keep it pinned" approach before and it hasn't worked out. It's not so much as whether he is right or wrong here ... but what will work out best for his series points.
jemcee
2/26/2011 10:40pm
If it was me (I know, I know) that 2nd shot would be me quickly checking the inside to see where Reed is,
not just head down on the pipe as if it wasn't the last lap of a 450 main a couple of corners after i just put an aggressive pass on the guy in second
that's what I think anyway... take it or leave it bitches
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
2/26/2011 10:41pm
CamP wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
If I was his riding coach/ man friend I would tell him to look 7' in front of him and then this shit would not happen.
Little Dave
2/26/2011 10:50pm
DCL36 wrote:

Good summary - I concur
toroP
2/26/2011 10:51pm
Lame by both guys. Reed should know JS would just gas it and take them down, JS should've paid attention, squared up at the apex and cut under Reed. JS was fast and had a great chance to ride out the win, and Reed proved he had a shot at the end, he eventually passed JS anyway with no one going down.
wow123
2/26/2011 10:54pm
Grieby54 wrote:
There was no inside line! Chad cut straight across the track and forced an issue that had no positive outcome. I would have called it a...
There was no inside line! Chad cut straight across the track and forced an issue that had no positive outcome. I would have called it a super aggressive pass if he ha been able to stay up, but he just cleaned them both out.
lol so he cut the track then?

making yourself look silly mate.

if there is track on the inside whether anybody has been using it or not

means there's and inside line,

why am i telling you this?

no doubt the patriots act will be called in
race
2/26/2011 11:10pm
It was a blatant "We're both going in an only one (or none) is coming out". Beyotch!
The rules of Thunderdome, as chanted by onlookers crowding the arena, are simple and singular—"two men enter, one man leaves."

Post a reply to: 6 photo sequence of Reed's pass

The Latest