5 mins with Chad Reed

redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
12/17/2009 7:57pm
That was a great interview, I'm so pumped for A1! I just got this feeling that 2 and 22 are gonna push stewie. I can't wait!
oldx
12/17/2009 8:31pm
Good interview.
Nikhil
12/17/2009 8:32pm
This season is going to be good, but I think 2011 will be the best year we've seen in a long time, even better than 2006. Poto and Dungey will definitely be up to winning speed by then, and rookies like Canard and Pourcel will probably take a win or two themselves.
Casemark
12/17/2009 8:43pm
First it was the RV interview and now in the Reed interview, that the interviewer Eric Johnson is push them to answer questions of "How are you and can you beat Stewart"?

It seems like Eric Johnson is trying to start some crap before the 2010 Supercross series starts.

It's funny to me because we know that Eric Johnson works for Monster Energy.

It's the Energy war between Monster (RV and Reed) and Red Bull (Stewart).

The Shop

sixeight
12/17/2009 10:33pm
Somehow i think Reed and Villo will come to blows with only a few rounds left at the season.. Dont really see him helping Ryan for a C'ship
R-acer
12/18/2009 2:14am
When the real racing starts, there are going to be problems in that camp for sure.
Kinetic1
12/18/2009 2:51am
What was it Matthes was saying about Reed and Ferry? Two roosters in the hen house is one too many. It will be funny to see if Ryan can control himself better than Reed did when he was a punk kid riding with Ferry on the team. I'd like to think he will be a gentleman.
Kinetic1
12/18/2009 3:02am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2009 3:03am
Is it just me? Am I reading into things a little too much? Or is it strange that in the pic of Chad and Ryan, Ryan is in front of Chad? Maybe I just have a case of the crazies but it seems like a statement to me.
RMZ819
12/18/2009 3:23am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2009 3:24am
sixeight wrote:
Somehow i think Reed and Villo will come to blows with only a few rounds left at the season.. Dont really see him helping Ryan for...
Somehow i think Reed and Villo will come to blows with only a few rounds left at the season.. Dont really see him helping Ryan for a C'ship
I bet behind closed doors RV is not happy about Reed being on the team. RV is the #2 guy now until summer. By round 6 all the attention on the team will be on Reed.
MX690
12/18/2009 4:43am
Kinetic1 wrote:
Is it just me? Am I reading into things a little too much? Or is it strange that in the pic of Chad and Ryan, Ryan...
Is it just me? Am I reading into things a little too much? Or is it strange that in the pic of Chad and Ryan, Ryan is in front of Chad? Maybe I just have a case of the crazies but it seems like a statement to me.
Its just you. Its a picture, nothing more nothing less. But then i guess it wouldn't be Vital if there wasn't something being made out of nothing.
Kinetic1
12/18/2009 5:19am
I thought maybe it was just me. This darn off season really gets to me sometimes.Dry
RMZ819
12/18/2009 5:47am
Nikhil wrote:
This season is going to be good, but I think 2011 will be the best year we've seen in a long time, even better than 2006...
This season is going to be good, but I think 2011 will be the best year we've seen in a long time, even better than 2006. Poto and Dungey will definitely be up to winning speed by then, and rookies like Canard and Pourcel will probably take a win or two themselves.
The only way SX is going to be good is if Stewart is not racing. Stewart is 1 level above Reed and the rest of the field including RV and Dungey are not even on the map. If Stewart gets hurt then Reed will dominate. The seperation between 1st and 3rd is pretty steep.
DC
12/18/2009 5:53am
Casemark, it's a small industry and lots of people where different hats. If James was in California, which he isn't, EJ would try to interview him too. But since he's here on the East Coast, we had Jason Weigandt do a piece with him.

As for stirring things up, I think its every reporter's job to ask the contenders if and how they can beat the champ. Didn't the NFL season start with people asking each team what it would take to win the Super Bowl?

DC
MX Sports
Zycki11
12/18/2009 6:51am
Logic is running thin these days. I would be more troubled if EJ didn't ask that question, after all I feel it is very fitting and legitimate.
agency399
12/18/2009 7:08am
that is one hell of a stretch to say Eric is trying to "start some crap"

Why would he not ask, "can you beat him"
stevee401
12/18/2009 7:20am
Casemark wrote:
First it was the RV interview and now in the Reed interview, that the interviewer Eric Johnson is push them to answer questions of "How are...
First it was the RV interview and now in the Reed interview, that the interviewer Eric Johnson is push them to answer questions of "How are you and can you beat Stewart"?

It seems like Eric Johnson is trying to start some crap before the 2010 Supercross series starts.

It's funny to me because we know that Eric Johnson works for Monster Energy.

It's the Energy war between Monster (RV and Reed) and Red Bull (Stewart).
I thought it was a great interview and didn't think EJ was starting anything. Is he not allowed to ask how he is going to beat the champ whoever that may be? No offense to anyone but I respect EJ's articles more than any other journalists. Great interview and hope to see more in the coming weeks.

When did EJ get a job with Monster? I thought he worked for an auto racing publication.
Dobermann
12/18/2009 7:39am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:31pm
Team Kawa Monster have 2 Champion........2+22

...we have one if making for two......222.....TongueLaughingTongueLaughingTongueWinkWinkWink

Tony Cairoli!!!!!!!!!!!!Wink
peelout719
12/18/2009 8:16am
Kinetic1 wrote:
What was it Matthes was saying about Reed and Ferry? Two roosters in the hen house is one too many. It will be funny to see...
What was it Matthes was saying about Reed and Ferry? Two roosters in the hen house is one too many. It will be funny to see if Ryan can control himself better than Reed did when he was a punk kid riding with Ferry on the team. I'd like to think he will be a gentleman.
sorry to break it to you... but ferry was never a rooster in the same house as reed
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
12/18/2009 8:17am
DC wrote:
Casemark, it's a small industry and lots of people where different hats. If James was in California, which he isn't, EJ would try to interview him...
Casemark, it's a small industry and lots of people where different hats. If James was in California, which he isn't, EJ would try to interview him too. But since he's here on the East Coast, we had Jason Weigandt do a piece with him.

As for stirring things up, I think its every reporter's job to ask the contenders if and how they can beat the champ. Didn't the NFL season start with people asking each team what it would take to win the Super Bowl?

DC
MX Sports
Don't be confusing the issue with facts, Davey. lol
mccread
12/18/2009 9:11am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:31pm
DC wrote:
Casemark, it's a small industry and lots of people where different hats. If James was in California, which he isn't, EJ would try to interview him...

DC
MX Sports
exactly Eric is a great journalist and it was a perfectly legitimate question Stewart is the champ and it is up to Reed to beat him. The rivalry between James and Chad is great, Looking forward to 2010
mccread
12/18/2009 9:13am
Dobermann wrote:
Team Kawa Monster have 2 Champion........2+22 ...we have one if making for two......222..... Tony Cairoli!!!!!!!!!!!!
Team Kawa Monster have 2 Champion........2+22

...we have one if making for two......222.....TongueLaughingTongueLaughingTongueWinkWinkWink

Tony Cairoli!!!!!!!!!!!!Wink
And KTM and have last years champ and runner up on the same team this season in MX1. plus Musquin and Simpson under the same tent in MX2, if any team will have tension it will be them!
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
12/18/2009 9:19am
I'm calling it now. This year will be Reed's toughest year. I wish him luck but I think there will be a fight for the podium this year like never before.
Outsider
12/18/2009 9:26am
Tiki wrote:
I'm calling it now. This year will be Reed's toughest year. I wish him luck but I think there will be a fight for the podium...
I'm calling it now. This year will be Reed's toughest year. I wish him luck but I think there will be a fight for the podium this year like never before.
Agreed... Me thinks there may be some tension under the green tent this year!
burnside
12/18/2009 9:53am
Tiki wrote:
I'm calling it now. This year will be Reed's toughest year. I wish him luck but I think there will be a fight for the podium...
Outsider wrote:
Agreed... Me thinks there may be some tension under the green tent this year!
Agree too.

If he gets a bad start, he'll meet tough, time consuming resistance from 5th place onwards, unlike last year when he'd blast by everyone into 2nd with relative ease. Same for Bubba coming through the pack though. Can't wait.

Never been to a SX, live in London, but hoping to make it to San Diego at least, and hopefully Anaheim 3.

Its nice to see Reed seem so calm, but hope hes not entering a Windham state of mind. I'm rooting for him though, he's been chasing it for so long really hope he cracks it/Bubba.
Kinetic1
12/18/2009 9:53am
Kinetic1 wrote:
What was it Matthes was saying about Reed and Ferry? Two roosters in the hen house is one too many. It will be funny to see...
peelout719 wrote:
sorry to break it to you... but ferry was never a rooster in the same house as reed
You didn't catch any of the outdoor races that year did you?
My comment about roosters was refrencing Reed and Ryan but no matter. I should have been more descriptive.

Post a reply to: 5 mins with Chad Reed

The Latest